Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In thread 4 I mentioned this.

Grafton Road in Carleton is the closest road to access the railroad tracks path on that side, coming from Carleton. There are a few roads from trailer park locations prior to Grafton also, that allow easy access to that gravel path. It's pretty wide and smooth most of the way to the drop site. Just goes right under the freeway, and crosses the creek. "This feels far enough" could have been a mindset. Then boom, drop on to Briar Hill and head home before anyone's the wiser. Or visa versa. Go in on Briar Hill and come out on Grafton.

Grafton Road in Carleton is the closest road to access the railroad tracks path on that side, coming from Carleton. There are a few roads from trailer park locations prior to Grafton also, that allow easy access to that gravel path. It's pretty wide and smooth most of the way to the drop site. Just goes right under the freeway, and crosses the creek. "This feels far enough" could have been a mindset. Then boom, drop on to Briar Hill and head home before anyone's the wiser. Or visa versa. Go in on Briar Hill and come out on Grafton.

Makes sense. Whomever dropped it there would think this spot was far enough from them or exactly where they wanted it to be found, either could be possible. It seems so far to have been left there soon after the bash and not returned to depending on what LE has determined.

Going back to the location of where CB was found I'm starting to question my original thoughts of the POI taking the new road in. I checked the satellite view of the new road in and reviewed the most recent LE public address, giving details of the location. LE said you must have a key to open the gate to the new road. This new road is just over the tracks to the left. If the POI didn't take the new road, then maybe drove along the tracks. But the cleared area along the tracts is narrow. If a car drove in next to the tracks, they would have to back out. Or they may get stuck, because of dirt and gravel.

It may have been possible to drive in, using the tracks and transfer over to the new road. But I would think this is something done in a 4 wheel drive, not a car. The risk of getting stuck in a car would be large. Also, all of this was done at night?

Okay, there is a parking area off of Briar Hill Rd to the right before the tracks. Someone could have parked there and walked in. But at night walking in, in the darkness, that's a long walk.

Someone must know the area well, or they would have been lost, in my opinion. As a child I lived in a housing development near railroad tracks and a wooded area with trails. Myself and other kids played in the woods and walked or rode our bicycles to town along the tracks to avoid road traffic. Even though I know the wooded trails, I would not walk around there at night. Walking in the dense mature woods at night is impossible. Even with some type of light, it's difficult.

This location has got "local county" written all over it.

I'm a local, grew up in newport, went to school in Carleton and have followed since day one. New to WS but I've read all CBs threads. I drive down briar hill daily, lately been trying to avoid as much as possible. The area next to the track is very easy to access simply by pulling your car down there. You could drive quite away down the track before it became too narrow. Its not that far to the property where she was found that the perp wouldn't have been able to carry her if needed. I agree its a local, jmo but I think it was someone she knew, he offered her a ride, took her by the tracks to "park" and he made advances she prbly spurned, he got mad, raped her and since she knew him, panicked that she'd turn him in and killed her. Its so sad and I hope someone is arrested and soon..My heart breaks for her family but I'm glad they found her and got some small measure of peace

Makes sense. Whomever dropped it there would think this spot was far enough from them or exactly where they wanted it to be found, either could be possible. It seems so far to have been left there soon after the bash and not returned to depending on what LE has determined.

They would've most likely taken Newburg as that is just at the corner. Take a left from there Grafton is a mile or so up. Take a right, it'll take you right to telegraph

:Welcome1:Glad to have your input, elcookie! I also believe it was someone she knew, but not sure how well. I am also wondering if perhaps that was why she did not go with her friends when they left, because she hoped to hook up with this guy. But he wanted more than she was willing to give, and things escalated badly.

Thanks is for adding your helpful notes. I do hope you stick around. We are for the long haul.

I'm a local, grew up in newport, went to school in Carleton and have followed since day one. New to WS but I've read all CBs threads. I drive down briar hill daily, lately been trying to avoid as much as possible. The area next to the track is very easy to access simply by pulling your car down there. You could drive quite away down the track before it became too narrow. Its not that far to the property where she was found that the perp wouldn't have been able to carry her if needed. I agree its a local, jmo but I think it was someone she knew, he offered her a ride, took her by the tracks to "park" and he made advances she prbly spurned, he got mad, raped her and since she knew him, panicked that she'd turn him in and killed her. Its so sad and I hope someone is arrested and soon..My heart breaks for her family but I'm glad they found her and got some small measure of peace

They would've most likely taken Newburg as that is just at the corner. Take a left from there Grafton is a mile or so up. Take a right, it'll take you right to telegraph

:welcome6:

Thank you elcookie, for your local view of of things, for reading through the threads and pitching in. I'm sorry that this weighs on your mind as you go about your day. When the perp/s is/are found and brought to justice, I'm sure it will be a relief to many people in the area. What you describes sounds very plausible. I hope LE has been able to pinpoint the POIs with the evidence gathered from the Easter find and the crime scene where Chelsea was found.

I definitely will. I just found WS after I had been checking the web for info about Chelsea almost daily. I used to attend the same types of parties in the same town and it makes me realize how tragedy can strike anywhere, even in places like here where its unexpected. I don't know her family personally but being such a small area I know friends of theirs and my heart breaks for them. I know all the areas very well and can prbly answer any ?s ppl may have.

I hope so too. I'm hoping the holding back of info pertaining to the costume evidence and lack of autopsy results means they are close to an arrest

You said they found her bound, like tied up? Is this new info or did I miss it before? It makes me so sad to think about her last moments on earth.

Nobody said she was bound. That was a typo... I had a network problem when i was typing a reply and for some reason my browser cursor jumped up to the top of the page. I didnt even notice the word bound until you made your post. Once again I heard nothing about here being bound or tied. I think the word came from me typing the word found twice.

Sorry for the confusion

Nobody said she was bound. That was a typo... I had a network problem when i was typing a reply and for some reason my browser cursor jumped up to the top of the page. I didnt even notice the word bound until you made your post. Once again I heard nothing about here being bound or tied. I think the word came from me typing the word found twice.

Sorry for the confusion
Thank you for clearing that up! I often accidentally scan right over important info, so I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something.

I definitely will. I just found WS after I had been checking the web for info about Chelsea almost daily. I used to attend the same types of parties in the same town and it makes me realize how tragedy can strike anywhere, even in places like here where its unexpected. I don't know her family personally but being such a small area I know friends of theirs and my heart breaks for them. I know all the areas very well and can prbly answer any ?s ppl may have.

This is great of you to offer. Have you had a chance to look through the maps?

Chelsea & Julia Cast Map

Chelsea Bruck Case Map

All your insights are welcome, things that stand out to you, your observations and thoughts would be very much appreciated.

I believe we heard from many locals as well as some of photos taken and published, an automobile, pick up, suv, etc. Would have no trouble driving along side of those tracks. If a turn around was difficult I think they could have "entered" the gravel tracks area at Grafton Rd and drove up to the drop off area and then just headed straight on thru to Briarhill road and been on there way.

I don't think we are dealing with a POI (s) that are too sophisticated here. I think in terms of "what would be the quickest, easiest means to get to that spot"? LE has emphasized the POI (s) knew the train tracks....that just makes the most sense to me.

Excellent! Definitely very local, so to speak. If someone asked me to drive my car off a main road onto a (private) lane, or path along a railroad track from one road to another at night, I simply wouldn't do it. Why? It's not a main public road that's maintained to the standards I rely on for safe passage. Now, if I have been down this path a million and a half times, yes I would travel this way. Knowing that even though it's not a main road, it can get me from point A to point B safely. If I'm up to no good, I can use it to travel undetected to avoid LE when drinking and driving, or to meet up with a buddy for a drug deal, something along that line.

It's almost been a month since the body was found. Hopefully an announcement comes soon ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:Welcome1:Glad to have your input, elcookie! I also believe it was someone she knew, but not sure how well. I am also wondering if perhaps that was why she did not go with her friends when they left, because she hoped to hook up with this guy. But he wanted more than she was willing to give, and things escalated badly.

Thanks is for adding your helpful notes. I do hope you stick around. We are for the long haul.

:welcome6:

Thank you elcookie, for your local view of of things, for reading through the threads and pitching in. I'm sorry that this weighs on your mind as you go about your day. When the perp/s is/are found and brought to justice, I'm sure it will be a relief to many people in the area. What you describes sounds very plausible. I hope LE has been able to pinpoint the POIs with the evidence gathered from the Easter find and the crime scene where Chelsea was found.

Excellent! Definitely very local, so to speak. If someone asked me to drive my car off a main road onto a (private) lane, or path along a railroad track from one road to another at night, I simply wouldn't do it. Why? It's not a main public road that's maintained to the standards I rely on for safe passage. Now, if I have been down this path a million and a half times, yes I would travel this way. Knowing that even though it's not a main road, it can get me from point A to point B safely. If I'm up to no good, I can use it to travel undetected to avoid LE when drinking and driving, or to meet up with a buddy for a drug deal, something along that line.

Around here it wouldn't be that strange to see someone pulling off the tracks on one of the many dirt roads, most would assume depending on what time of day, that it would be kids messing around. I wouldn't do it either, no reason to but teens, yeah a lot definitely would and it wouldn't cause huge concern if you happened to see it

I agree in that more people at the party have to know who this could be. I know LE said most were drunk and/or high but, everyone drove out of there or where able to get into a car for the ride home. There was a lot of darkness though. People have mentioned being around the bonfire after 2:00 am, which had to emit some light. The last band ended at 12:00 pm according to the invite so stage lights were probably down.

I just check one of the earliest flyers online found on the party invite. It has the most information about the description of the "sketch guy" I can find. It describes him as: white with medium build, medium length dark hair, a thin mustache and facial hair, wearing a black hoodie and black framed glasses. I'm guessing medium build means between 5'6 and 5'9 in height and 160 to 200 pounds. There are males from certain ethnic groups that have difficultly growing a full mustache or facial hair. With dark hair I would wonder of the "sketch guys" full ethnicity. Could he be White and Hispanic (just as an example)?

Do a google search for the word "hipster". You'll find thousands of people that look like the sketch.

Do a google search for the word "hipster". You'll find thousands of people that look like the sketch.

Outstanding circumstance that hundreds don't know this one in particular, wouldn't you say, and then the Easter find, out of the blue, then Chelsea found as they back filled to create a construction zone in some strange spot off the tracks? Honestly, some may know or suspect, but it is so close to them that they chose not to believe it and/or remain silently loyal, seems possible.

Maybe he had his face concealed most of the night, only removing his costume once he was by the parking area? Maybe the walk to the vendor was to make Chelsea feel more comfortable in his company, bring down her guard? Maybe she needed to make a call again, but didn't want to return to crowd, as she was wanting to get home, and he offered a ride, or to charge his phone in his car, or to wait with her until her ride showed up? Maybe one person spiked her drink, another walked her to the cars, others still carried out the abduction and murder, others disposed of her, and some got rid of the evidence? Or it was just one person they all know or one person they all don't know? People who can make sense of this have more and more information available to them to do just that and that trend is inevitable, it seems to me.

Outstanding circumstance that hundreds don't know this one in particular, wouldn't you say, and then the Easter find, out of the blue, then Chelsea found as they back filled to create a construction zone in some strange spot off the tracks? Honestly, some may know or suspect, but it is so close to them that they chose not to believe it and/or remain silently loyal, seems possible.

Maybe he had his face concealed most of the night, only removing his costume once he was by the parking area? Maybe the walk to the vendor was to make Chelsea feel more comfortable in his company, bring down her guard? Maybe she needed to make a call again, but didn't want to return to crowd, as she was wanting to get home, and he offered a ride, or to charge his phone in his car, or to wait with her until her ride showed up? Maybe one person spiked her drink, another walked her to the cars, others still carried out the abduction and murder, others disposed of her, and some got rid of the evidence? Or it was just one person they all know or one person they all don't know? People who can make sense of this have more and more information available to them to do just that and that trend is inevitable, it seems to me.

In my opinion, based on the location CB was found it's a local hipster, possibly from Carlton or Newport area. They may not live there now, but returned for a visit, and to party at BM's (party guy). Their appearance may have been altered slightly. Maybe temporary black hair dye and hipster glasses. The style of the hair is telling to me because many men have difficultly wearing the Harry Potter style of cut. It's mostly a younger man's style. There is also a possibility of a wig being worn. However, It was never said the vendor (witness to the sketch guy) thought he was in costume.

The Flatrock location of the partial costume found at Easter makes me ask when the costume was discarded. Could it have been there from the night of the party or soon after, or did it get placed there in the early spring? Why Flatrock? Keeping it simple, is it on the way home?

In my opinion, based on the location CB was found it's a local hipster, possibly from Carlton or Newport area. They may not live there now, but returned for a visit, and to party at BM's (party guy). Their appearance may have been altered slightly. Maybe temporary black hair dye and hipster glasses. The style of the hair is telling to me because many men have difficultly wearing the Harry Potter style of cut. It's mostly a younger man's style. There is also a possibility of a wig being worn. However, It was never said the vendor (witness to the sketch guy) thought he was in costume.

The Flatrock location of the partial costume found at Easter makes me ask when the costume was discarded. Could it have been there from the night of the party or soon after, or did it get placed there in the early spring? Why Flatrock? Keeping it simple, is it on the way home?

This is just speculation on my part but my best guess would be sexual assault took place in the car, and perp may not have realized part of her costume was still in there and ditched it in that horrible site that's filled w/ trash thinking no one would find it, another possibility, he took it because he knew DNA was present but IMO they would've then destroyed it, not ditched it

Do you think you should of posted about an eldery man and where he lives that has no connection to this?

One of my patients lives sort of across the street from where she was found (elderly man), he says that there is a quarry very close to the back of that property, could that be the small waterway that you are referring to?

My description off Grafton road (or whichever outlet) was in reference to accessing the location Chelsea herself was discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor