GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered the same thing. I saw him put them on his face at one point but it's not like he's reading anything. But he does have a yellow piece of paper he keeps fumbling with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Clay's defense team wants him to look intelligent :rolleyes:

Where did he get this supposed mirror to check her breathing status? Not many people carry a mirror around.

I am troubled by his having told LE that he drove around (with her body) for 40+ mi ite before disposing of her. This is crazy.

Where did he get this supposed mirror to check her breathing status? Not many people carry a mirror around.

I am troubled by his having told LE that he drove around (with her body) for 40+ mi ite before disposing of her. This is crazy.

Rear view mirror? Side mirror on vehicle? Not sure if they can be detached. Chelsea didn't have her purse, so it couldn't have been hers. Also not sure I'd think to do that to see if a passenger is breathing or not.

Not sure I like where this is headed. Sounds like victim-blaming. Defense is trying real hard to get witnesses to talk about Chelsea having asked to be choked during sex.

They're also very pushy about what the detectives gave him and the attorney asking. I couldn't even imagine being his rep. I'm afraid this will turn real ugly.

bound over on charge of open murder (includes 1st, 2nd, and felony murder)

Judge finds probable cause, so Clay will go to trial on murder charge. Yes!!!

:rose: Justice for Chelsea :rose:

What did the judge say... something about December 10 at 1:30? That is a Saturday --- did I mis-hear him?

Judge finds probable cause, so Clay will go to trial on murder charge. Yes!!!

:rose: Justice for Chelsea :rose:

I wonder if they will offer him a plea deal in lieu of a trial... it better be good if they do. So much information today!

Do you know which two witnesses are being called back? I can't find it.

^ Whoever they are, they were in the courtroom and left after the Judge told them to return this Friday at 1:00 or 1:30PM.

Updated WDIV report: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/-chelsea-bruck-murder-case-27-year-old-newport-man-due-in-court_

15 witnesses testify Wednesday in Chelsea Bruck murder case
Daniel Clay charged with second-degree murder in connection with Bruck's death

By Priya Mann - Reporter , John Steckroth - Digital news editor , Derick Hutchinson

Posted: 7:24 AM, November 02, 2016
Updated: 4:44 PM, November 02, 2016

MONROE COUNTY, Mich. - A 27-year-old Newport man was in court Wednesday for a preliminary hearing in the slaying of Chelsea Bruck and an unrelated home invasion.

Daniel Clay is charged with second-degree murder in connection with Chelsea Bruck’s death. He is also charged with home invasion and first-degree criminal sexual conduct that allegedly occurred June 9 in Monroe.

Bruck disappeared from a Halloween party in Frenchtown Township in 2014 prompting searches across several counties. Her remains were found a year later in Ash Township.

According to authorities, Clay was linked to the death with DNA evidence obtained by Michigan State Police...

I know Chelsea's cousin is on here..My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today and everyday. SO hard but am so grateful they got him!

IDK if Chelsea had sex hanging from a chandelier..it is NOT relevant. Once COD came out, his defense of strangling her during rough sex should NOT even be allowed. She had her clothes TORN from her body while this vicious THING beat her in the head and face..like an animal attack. It WAS an animal attack. How much she had to drink shouldn't matter. What matters is...on the pretense of taking her home, did you rape and murder Chelsea? YES. End of story. I see the disgusting rape culture we have in this country is still alive and well in this courtroom as the Judge did NOT shut down the line of questioning regarding her sex life or any heresay about her sex life. Shame on him. SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ALLOWED. Makes me SO mad!

Was it discussed what was found in his backpack?

Was it discussed what was found in his backpack?

I didn't hear anything today about any of that. I heard them discuss sitting outside the trailer he was arrested from but no mention of any of the other info/cases we heard except that he had two warrants out for him when they got him. I watched it all day but there were times it cut out.

I'm sure we can all assume there is more evidence and info than we were told today. I thought the coroner had a lot of interesting information. I would have just loved to be inside their minds. I also can't even imagine doing crime scene work. Oddly enough, it's a passion almost obsession of mine but I don't like science enough and some of today's details made me cringe.

I was hoping the guy that found the costume would be called up.

I also don't know if there still are two witnesses. At one point the judge mentioned taking a break because the next witness would take a while (coroner or fabric expert. Ahh can't remember. ) and then there were two more. So they took a break came back and did the coroner, fabric expert and other detective I thought. At the end of it they said the next date would be November 10 based on today's evidence they had a enough to send it over so I assumed that meant that everybody went today that they had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member