GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping the guy that found the costume would be called up.

The detective's testimony made it sound like they were investigating that site as part of the case and he found the costume, then turned it over to SPD. I'm not sure anymore if a 3rd party found it. The leaf we originally thought was found there, was found near the body by a CSI. The only items recovered by civilians were the wine jug(mike's property), right shoe(ditch near private property near there) and left shoe/leggings (marcon finds near where body had been).

Part 4.
https://youtu.be/YOgxiLWRhEk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:tyou: I re-listened to attorneys at conclusion of hearing. I wasn't certain what the defense attorney said regarding the charges against Clay. He obviously wants to push the "accidental choking" theory despite the ME's determination that Chelsea's COD was blunt force trauma to her face. Glad the Judge saw fit to bind Clay over for trial.

right! her sex life has nothing to do w beating and strangling someone to death. and leaving them all alone in the woods.

IDK if Chelsea had sex hanging from a chandelier..it is NOT relevant. Once COD came out, his defense of strangling her during rough sex should NOT even be allowed. She had her clothes TORN from her body while this vicious THING beat her in the head and face..like an animal attack. It WAS an animal attack. How much she had to drink shouldn't matter. What matters is...on the pretense of taking her home, did you rape and murder Chelsea? YES. End of story. I see the disgusting rape culture we have in this country is still alive and well in this courtroom as the Judge did NOT shut down the line of questioning regarding her sex life or any heresay about her sex life. Shame on him. SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ALLOWED. Makes me SO mad!

IDK if Chelsea had sex hanging from a chandelier..it is NOT relevant. Once COD came out, his defense of strangling her during rough sex should NOT even be allowed. She had her clothes TORN from her body while this vicious THING beat her in the head and face..like an animal attack. It WAS an animal attack. How much she had to drink shouldn't matter. What matters is...on the pretense of taking her home, did you rape and murder Chelsea? YES. End of story. I see the disgusting rape culture we have in this country is still alive and well in this courtroom as the Judge did NOT shut down the line of questioning regarding her sex life or any heresay about her sex life. Shame on him. SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ALLOWED. Makes me SO mad!

I'm afraid we'll probably be hearing more X-rated testimony during the trial :blushing: I hoped that Chelsea's parents would be spared such embarrassment, but many trials seem to focus on the sexual behavior of victims (or perps). Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias, and the current Ross Harris trial come to mind. The thought of Chelsea's name and reputation being dragged through the mud during a trial makes me :puke:

I agree; we KNOW she didn't consent to be murdered, and it takes a lot more than an accident to strangle someone. Her sexual practices and preferences have nothing to do with her murder.

The detective's testimony made it sound like they were investigating that site as part of the case and he found the costume, then turned it over to SPD. I'm not sure anymore if a 3rd party found it. The leaf we originally thought was found there, was found near the body by a CSI. The only items recovered by civilians were the wine jug(mike's property), right shoe(ditch near private property near there) and left shoe/leggings (marcon finds near where body had been).

When I heard it, he gave someone's name, maybe it was the name of another detective not present today. The site wasn't a part of their investigation until the costume was found there. It's not the site where the body was found. I'll have to go back and listen and see how they referenced it again but to me it sounded like an outside person stumbled upon it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angel.png Angels of righteous justice are filling that courtroom. God Bless the Bruck Family; you are not alone! Thousands upon thousands of people are surrounding you with love, prayer, and strength! Peace and Justice for dear Chelsea!

Police: Bruck died after rough sex in suspect’s car

Associated Press 8:04 p.m. EDT November 2, 2016

Monroe — A man was ordered Wednesday to stand trial on a murder charge in the death of a woman whose body was found months after she disappeared from a huge Halloween party in 2014 in southeast Michigan.

A Monroe County investigator testified that Daniel Clay confessed to killing Chelsea Bruck during rough consensual sex in his car. The body of the 22-year-old was found in a wooded area in April 2015, six months after she dressed as comic villain Poison Ivy and attended a party with hundreds of people in Frenchtown Township...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/michigan/2016/11/02/man-face-trial-death-woman-party/93208104/

Monroe — A man was ordered Wednesday to stand trial on a murder charge in the death of a woman whose body was found months after she disappeared from a huge Halloween party in 2014 in southeast Michigan.

A Monroe County investigator testified that Daniel Clay confessed to killing Chelsea Bruck during rough consensual sex in his car. The body of the 22-year-old was found in a wooded area in April 2015, six months after she dressed as comic villain Poison Ivy and attended a party with hundreds of people in Frenchtown Township...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/michigan/2016/11/02/man-face-trial-death-woman-party/93208104/

I'm disappointed in the Detroit News. That's a really misleading headline. The suspect SAYS she died after rough sex in his car. That isn't necessarily what the police believe, and the Detroit News leads one to believe that that's what the police are contending. The headline should be "Suspect: Bruck died...," not "Police: Bruck died...".

I'm disappointed in the Detroit News. That's a really misleading headline. The suspect SAYS she died after rough sex in his car. That isn't necessarily what the police believe, and the Detroit News leads one to believe that that's what the police are contending. The headline should be "Suspect: Bruck died...," not "Police: Bruck died...".

The report is from AP. Was this the original header for the article, or did a News staffer write it? ME said that Chelsea died from blunt force trauma to face/head and that her death wasn't a result of "rough sex".

I am still a bit confused. Does anyone know exactly where the shoes were found?
There are 4 different relevant locations now. The party, the location where one of the shoes was found and where Clay claims they had sex,
the location where the body was found and the location where the costume was found. Initially, Police said that Chelsea was murdered near the location where her body was found. Is this correct?

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/11/02/chelsea-bruck-murder-daniel-clay/93198642/
Sroka said Clay told detectives he and Bruck were having consensual sex, and that she'd asked him to choke her, and he did with his hands for about 20-30 seconds. She stopped breathing and he tried CPR, he claimed, but he couldn't revive her. He told detectives he "freaked out," Sroka said. "He didn't call the police, so he began to drive around... for 30-45 minutes."

► Detective: DNA on costume connects man to Chelsea Bruck

Clay said he drove to some train tracks about 10 miles from the party's location, then carried the body from the vehicle into a wooded area until he became tired and hid it under some tree branches, Sroka testified. Then he moved the body farther into the woods before leaving it hidden under more tree branches, Sroka said.

Bruck of Maybee was wearing a handmade costume of "Batman" villain Poison Ivy when she met Clay at a large outdoor Halloween party on Oct. 26, 2014, in rural Frenchtown Township. As Clay was leaving, he saw her walking on the side of the road, carrying her wig, Clay told detectives.

"He pulled up next to her, asked if she wanted a ride. She said she did. She got in the vehicle," Sroka testified. "He stated that they drove down the road a little bit and they proceeded to have sexual relations there."

Of course, Clay's story cannot be correct, because there is no explanation of the blunt force trauma. But I wonder if he killed her in the car around the time he forced himself on her not too far from the party. Or did he kill her later, at a different location?

The report is from AP. Was this the original header for the article, or did a News staffer write it? ME said that Chelsea died from blunt force trauma to face/head and that her death wasn't a result of "rough sex".

This is really unacceptable. I doubt that the AP would be so unprofessional to make such a misleading headline. I think it is probably
the Detroit News who wrote the headline.

This makes me so mad! That is what the detective testified Daniel Clay said during questioning. It was obviously one of many lies! The evidence says otherwise!!

When I heard it, he gave someone's name, maybe it was the name of another detective not present today. The site wasn't a part of their investigation until the costume was found there. It's not the site where the body was found. I'll have to go back and listen and see how they referenced it again but to me it sounded like an outside person stumbled upon it.

Thank you for checking, because I really wasn't sure! Some of the testimony was hard to hear, repeated or backtracked so could be confusing. I went back to part 2 here [video=youtube;uq87yBDOE-s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq87yBDOE-s[/video] at 1:04:00 with Det. Sroka:

We received a call from Erica Saab (sp?) who had found possible evidence at Peter's Road.

This was the abandoned Specialty Petroleum site in Flat Rock where the costume and wig were found inside the southern-most building. So basically police found nothing in their searches beyond forensic processing of the dump site, everything was thanks to the community.

Deputy Chief Medical Examiner

[video=youtube;YOgxiLWRhEk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOgxiLWRhEk[/video]

The traumatic injuries present on Chelsea's face and head were symmetrical fractures of the middle of her face/nose that extended up to around her eye sockets. There was also a midline fracture to her jaw and two fractures to the right side where the joint is. She had two chipped/broken teeth. The cause of death is blunt force trauma to the head.

She goes on to describe how strangulation and asphyxiation must always be considered and ruled out and how they do that. None of the elements they normally use to determine this (apparently including the hyroid bone) were present so it could not be ruled out. Her injuries occurred just before or immediately after death, were not post mortem or occurred much later. The injuries would have required a "significant amount of force such as an assault or motor vehicle accident."

Oh the defense lawyer's face when he has to look at the photos!

The log placed on her upper torso was about 9ft long and 125-150lb. While it could have caused some of her injuries, it could not account for all of them. Because the log is on her chest and not her head, if it caused her facial injuries she would expect similar injuries to the chest as well. She had no rib fractures. According to the ME, the log did not cause the facial injuries.

Next she is asked if the pole Chelsea walked into that night could have caused them - ME says no, there were no fractures to her nasal bones where that supposed injury occured.

She goes on to explain what it takes for a strangulation. Def has her talk about this for another 15-20 minutes, bringing up auto-erotic aspyxiation (which the ME said would still be ruled strangulation) avoiding the topic of her blunt force trauma other than to make her explain again how the log didn't do it.

Det. Micheal Pretmore was up next at 42:16, testifying to what Daniel told them during questioning (that Chelsea asked to be choked and "slapped around"and she went limp.) This is where the "mirror" comes in.

The only reason I can think of for a guy to have a mirror is for coke, but I don't think that part even happened.

When Pretmore brought up the costume being torn during that initial interview, Daniel claimed it may have happened while they were both trying to get it off. Prior to this he had said he "offered her assistance" in removing her clothes.

Pretmore also testifies that Daniel confessed to murdering Chelsea during his phone calls from jail.

When the judge makes his probable cause statement to the charges of murder, Daniel looks extremely worried. Good.

I am particularly troubled by all the damage to Chelsea's face, and the enormous size of the log found on her. What could possibly provoke a person to destroy a face this severely? Especially after having supposedly having had consensual sexual contact. It is beyond my comprehension at this time.

I would like to know more about his family history. As far as I have seen thus far, there is no word of having contact with his own family members. Have they completely abandoned him....now, or possibly even before this?

I don't believe the story about a mirror, either, Vail. I think a lot of what is being put forth is an effort to get a "lighter" sentence and is normal for a defense team. I suspect it is not going to help DC.

This is all just my opinion and speculation, but clearly Chelsea and Clay hung around in the same circles. Chelsea worked and was friends with his ex girlfriend and mother of one of his kids. I'm sure her friend/his baby mama has brought up Clay in conversations before - maybe talking about their son or complaining about Clay. Chelsea also strikes me as someone who was shy and strived for many friends, someone who wanted to be liked and included in all of the happenings in those circles, yet someone who is still very innocent, immature, and just not worldly/experienced (mostly because of her young age)...this is just what I interpreted from comments made by her family and friends and the fact that she still lived at home and didn't drive. I think it is possible that Chelsea wanted to be perceived as a "bad girl" - even though she wasn't. And I also see her friends as always wanting to take care of her, possibly because of this innocence.

My point is, and I'm trying to be very careful to word this properly so people don't take this the wrong way, I think it is highly possible that she told people and possibly posted on social media that she liked to engage in certain sex acts that most people would consider strange or outrageous. From this, I believe it is possible that Clay already knew this by word-of-mouth or snooping on social media and this is why he used this ridiculous story as his defense, although it is now obvious based on the testimony yesterday that she was beaten to death and possibly raped.

Also, I was reading comments on Facebook from people who were watching the live stream yesterday. I saw a few comments stating that Clay's current girlfriend/most recent ex-girlfriend is pregnant. This of course could just be gossip and rumor or I interpreted it incorrectly, but I thought I would throw it out there... I really hope I am not starting a rumor.

jupiter16, overall I, too, see Chelsea as very similar to your observations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member