GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
all I find is Ray Kisonas on twitter. Maybe something will be in today's or tomorrow's paper....

Just a reminder of what this charge of rape is about:

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/mon...ks-murder-also-charged-in-rape-of-other-woman

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2016/08/09/Daniel-Clay-accused-in-crimes-not-tied-to-Bruck.html
Monroe police have charged that Mr. Clay broke into a home in the city June 9 and assaulted a woman there, according to court records. If convicted, he could face life in prison for the sexual contact and 20 years for the home invasion.

That is more of a punishment than I expected. This guy is really going to go down hard, it seems.

There's also the case that got him here in the first place when he stole the tattoo supplies backpack from behind a shop in Monroe. Never heard anything about that. I think because that's when they got the hit on DNA and wanted to lay low. Or charges were dropped by someone I'd assume. Plus quite a few other run-ins in the past. The detective testified when they were staking out his location they had two outstanding warrants on him ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His attorney for the rape case is Russell Smith of Temperance, same lawyer he had in court for Wednesday hearing re. Chelsea's murder.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20161104/clay-ordered-to-trial-in-rape-case

Apparently Clay had been to the woman's apartment with two others, and were drinking vodka. She told the, to leave when it became too loud and said it wasn't her place. ?? She said Clay took her vodka and cigarettes, then later returned unannounced.

Victim could not look at Clay in court. but pointed in his direction when asked to identify him. Judge told her she did not have to look at him.

She was also asked about her heroin addiction and said she quit (unclear when). She denied there was discussion of sexual favors exchanged for drugs.

From article:
The victim said he approached her without saying anything and struck her on the side of the face. He then forced her off the couch, removed her clothing, held her down and sexually assaulted her.
The victim said Mr. Clay then forced her into the bathtub, where she struck her head against the faucet, and turned on the shower. After performing an obscene gesture, the man left the apartment and the victim called 911.

At one point the victim was overcome with emotion and ran out of the courtroom. After calming down, she came back in and continued her testimony.

Wow. That is all. No words.
Two sexual type cases in the same court, with the same judge, and same lawyer. I can't even think of words.

(I thought it was interesting it said he came over to the girls apartment with two others and drank vodka. Then she made them leave because it wasn't her apartment. Hmmmm. At first they made it seem like he literally just barged in a random apartment.) but regardless. Ick.

His attorney for the rape case is Russell Smith of Temperance, same lawyer he had in court for Wednesday hearing re. Chelsea's murder.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20161104/clay-ordered-to-trial-in-rape-case

Apparently Clay had been to the woman's apartment with two others, and were drinking vodka. She told the, to leave when it became too loud and said it wasn't her place. ?? She said Clay took her vodka and cigarettes, then later returned unannounced.

Victim could not look at Clay in court. but pointed in his direction when asked to identify him. Judge told her she did not have to look at him.

She was also asked about her heroin addiction and said she quit (unclear when). She denied there was discussion of sexual favors exchanged for drugs.

From article:
The victim said he approached her without saying anything and struck her on the side of the face. He then forced her off the couch, removed her clothing, held her down and sexually assaulted her.
The victim said Mr. Clay then forced her into the bathtub, where she struck her head against the faucet, and turned on the shower. After performing an obscene gesture, the man left the apartment and the victim called 911.

At one point the victim was overcome with emotion and ran out of the courtroom. After calming down, she came back in and continued her testimony.

Let us pay close attention to this assault as it relates to the BATHTUB. Julia Niswender in Ypsilanti was found murdered and left in the BATHTUB.

Let us pay close attention to this assault as it relates to the BATHTUB. Julia Niswender in Ypsilanti was found murdered and left in the BATHTUB.

That came to my mind right away. Also during the hearing when they talked about asphyxiation.

I can't seem to find the right words for all that's coming out...
But please know, I'm here, standing with you all.
Justice for the Brucks.
Namaste

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I got a shock yesterday I got a facebook generated message out of the blue asking if I knew Daniel Clay? No & I sure as heck don't want to. I'm really surprised his FB page is still up. Thanks for all your posts and updates everyone I'm still following everything. I didn't like reading deeply intimate details about Chelsea it felt like revictimized. Chelsea's family and friends are in my prayers it must be awful to be so near him in that tiny court room.

Is there any possibility of the defence using the fact it was the same judge in both cases on appeal? It's a little concerning.

If I can be "glad" about something, it is that there is a victim here Alive that is telling about how awful he is. (In his other case) We will never know Chelsea's side of the story but at least the courts can hear from someone that was a victim of his. [emoji17]

If I can be "glad" about something, it is that there is a victim here Alive that is telling about how awful he is. (In his other case) We will never know Chelsea's side of the story but at least the courts can hear from someone that was a victim of his. [emoji17]

Sounds right to me. If you'll recall the results in Hannah Graham's and Morgan Harrington's cases, the combination of DNA evidence and a case against the same perp of a surviving witness who fell victim to his brutality, it seems to me this perp has little reason to smirk about or to think he'll ever be out of prison. It seems a posture meant to hurt others while softening the intent and manner of what he did by impugning Chelsea in court. Why would allow that? In some respect, it's good to know what a self-deluded faker he is by nature, thinking his game of psyching Chelsea's loved one out will make a difference. Any contrition on his part means nothing at this point, which I expect will be his next posture.

Deep thanks, monster, BDE, Spellz, Roses, Looking Glass 517, dmc43613, for their persistence, and all the supportive sleuthers here, for all your help on the thread and especially Vail, for your amazing work transcribing. Much appreciated.

Thoughts and prayers continue for the Brucks, Chelsea's friends and community, as they witness LE's good work towards Justice for Chelsea.

Sounds right to me. If you'll recall the results in Hannah Graham's and Morgan Harrington's cases, the combination of DNA evidence and a case against the same perp of a surviving witness who fell victim to his brutality, it seems to me this perp has little reason to smirk about or to think he'll ever be out of prison. It seems a posture meant to hurt others while softening the intent and manner of what he did by impugning Chelsea in court. Why would allow that? In some respect, it's good to know what a self-deluded faker he is by nature, thinking his game of psyching Chelsea's loved one out will make a difference. Any contrition on his part means nothing at this point, which I expect will be his next posture.

Deep thanks, monster, BDE, Spellz, Roses, Looking Glass 517, dmc43613, for their persistence, and all the supportive sleuthers here, for all your help on the thread and especially Vail, for your amazing work transcribing. Much appreciated.

Thoughts and prayers continue for the Brucks, Chelsea's friends and community, as they witness LE's good work towards Justice for Chelsea.

And of course our "map god", Forager!

So I wonder if the jury in CB's case will get to know about the rape case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3