GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I wonder if the jury in CB's case will get to know about the rape case?

I hope so, but I rather doubt it will be allowed since it is an entirely separate case. Hopefully, the State will find a way to bring it in, though. Wish we had a lawyer following this to ask.

Hoping for live stream again on Thursday. Will the jury be present or will this be a short court day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know, monster12. It would be great if live streamed, but I don't count on anything. There have not been any jurors picked yet for either case, have they?

I don't know, monster12. It would be great if live streamed, but I don't count on anything. There have not been any jurors picked yet for either case, have they?

I would think since it's being bound over to another court it is just a short day but I'm not sure what comes next.

I thought the judge said the hearing would be at 1 or 130. Trying to get some info via local news on twitter. I really hate that court documents aren't available online.

I have been checking the Monroe News, FB, and twitter .... nothing reported that I see. Wonder if they actually had the hearing today.

I have been checking the Monroe News, FB, and twitter .... nothing reported that I see. Wonder if they actually had the hearing today.

I can't find anything either which I think is rather strange. Maybe the date changed because his other case got bound over to circuit court also? I'm not sure how that works and everything went quiet since the last court appearance.

http://www.wtol.com/story/33677883/daniel-clay-pleads-not-guilty-to-charges-in-felony-court

MONROE COUNTY, MI (WTOL) -
The man accused of killing Chelsea Bruck maintained his innocence once again Thursday.

Daniel Clay had his first day in felony court in Monroe County, where his attorney entered not guilty pleas to the two charges he faces – murder and concealing a death.

Even though Daniel Clay’s arraignment lasted less than a minute many members of Chelsea Bruck’s family were in the courtroom, as they have been for every one of his court appearances.

Thank you, squirrel!

from the same link:
The judge continued Clay's bond, meaning he will continue to remain behind bars till the trial. The next hearing has been scheduled for December.

I think people before mentioned they thought he'd go for a plea deal or admit guilty for a lesser sentence? Or maybe he feels at this point between his two cases there is no hope for him? At least with those options we wouldn't hear anymore details(or at least the family wouldn't continue having to face hearing them) , although we've heard quite a bit already.

My own selfishness wants to hear all the details since I've followed this case so long but still think of her family daily for having to live this nightmare and look at him.

If there's going to be a trial that I'd probably watch via live stream, I hope it's moved to a different courtroom. That small room had terrible acoustics with microphones that seemed erratic at times. I'm guessing there is a lot of local interest in the case with many family members and friends of Chelsea (and some of us, perhaps) who would like to attend. That courtroom seemed too small to accommodate many spectators. :moo:

If there's going to be a trial that I'd probably watch via live stream, I hope it's moved to a different courtroom. That small room had terrible acoustics with microphones that seemed erratic at times. I'm guessing there is a lot of local interest in the case with many family members and friends of Chelsea (and some of us, perhaps) who would like to attend. That courtroom seemed too small to accommodate many spectators. :moo:

Agreed. On my one computer I couldn't hear by normal sound but if I use the headphones I was able to hear more clearly. And from the comments I've read it seems the courthouse was packed that day but they obviously only let certain people inside.

The case against accused murderer and rapist Daniel A. Clay is moving forward through the legal system as preparations are being made for a potential trial in 2017.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20161123/clay-case-moving-forward

December 9th pretrial

"Monroe County Chief Assistant Prosecutor Michael G. Roehrig declined to discuss whether negotiations are ongoing for a potential plea agreement. He said instead that he is preparing for a potential lengthy trial that probably would not occur before the spring."

The case against accused murderer and rapist Daniel A. Clay is moving forward through the legal system as preparations are being made for a potential trial in 2017.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20161123/clay-case-moving-forward

December 9th pretrial

"Monroe County Chief Assistant Prosecutor Michael G. Roehrig declined to discuss whether negotiations are ongoing for a potential plea agreement. He said instead that he is preparing for a potential lengthy trial that probably would not occur before the spring."

thanks for posting this, mo star. also fro. The same link:

Mr. Clay, 28, charged with open murder and disposing of a corpse in the death of Chelsea Bruck, is expected back in court on Dec. 9 for the first of what could be several pretrial hearings. The case is being held before 38th Circuit Judge Daniel S. White.

I was told today that Mrs. Bruck's brother died in a mobile home fire near Kalkaska, MI. Please send prayers for the family if you can.

Several articles about the mobile home fire. Victim not identified yet.

Man found dead after mobile home fire
Officials withholding identity

BY MARK JOHNSON mjohnson@record-eagle.com Nov 25, 2016

TRAVERSE CITY — A man was found dead after a fire swept through a mobile home in Rapid City.

Firefighters from the Clearwater Township Fire Department and others responded to the blaze Friday at about 6:48 a.m. Assistant Fire Chief Greg Bradley said officials arrived and found the mobile home at 5360 South St. in Rapid City fully engulfed...

http://www.record-eagle.com/news/lo...cle_eea901d9-eaa3-5bdc-9458-3c3264f53da2.html

http://www.9and10news.com/story/33794868/kalkaska-county-community-reacts-to-deadly-trailer-fire

Thanks, BDE. I was unsure whether to post the articles with no identification. I am sure these are the right ones. Just so awful, and sad that the Bruck's will have another holiday season tainted by such a horrible death.

Deputies identify possible fire victim

by NEWSROOM Monday, November 28th 2016

KALKASKA, Mi (WPBN/WGTU)-- Deputies have identified the man who they believe was found dead after a house fire in Kalkaska County.

The Kalkaska County Sheriff's Office says they believe the man is 55-year-old Carl Francis Brant, but they are waiting for an autopsy report to positively identify him...

http://upnorthlive.com/news/local/deputies-identify-possible-fire-victim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member