GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree that we can take the term "shallow grave" with a grain of salt. The sheer number of sources doesn't really mean that each of them independently verified whether it was a "shallow grave" or a body simply covered over by branches, or a dip in the earth, or what-have-you. I'm sure we'll learn which one it was during the trial, and personally, that alone wouldn't have any bearing on any of the likely scenarios, in my mind.

Exactly - I think one news source said it and the others jumped on the bandwagon...and then suddenly it's fact. I think more likely the body was in a lower spot on the property and carelessly covered with branches.

You've been following this case longer than anyone I've seen on here...and you've said all along that more than one person was involved - I totally agree with you.

There are several of us on here who have been working together to analyze data. We have become quite the crew. Spellbound, Dmc, bettedaviseyes, shandram, Forager & Find, Trojan & 4ist, and others. Many caring souls who lend various expertise to help connect the puzzle pieces.

So I do think that Chelsea was killed some place close to where her body was found. Malone is cited her saying this, and generally the Detroit Free Press is reliable (more reliable than other local newspapers, and a lot more reliable than the local TV stations, IMO). I think the other news article quoted earlier was trying to say the same, but it was clumsily and ambiguously formulated.

I think there are two main scenarios:

1. Chelsea first went to the Flat Rock location with Clay. Then they went to the Carleton location where she was killed. In that case she would have lost some of her clothes at the deserted area in Flat Rock. Perhaps Chelsea agreed to go to Flat Rock first before going home. Once there he may have assaulted her. From there he drove her home, but she threatened to go to police.Driving from Flat Rock to Maybee one would pass Carleton. So at the railroad crossing Clay surprised Chelsea and drove off on the driveway next to the railroad and killed her. I think he hit her with a rock, but he may have strangled her first. But the main question in this scenario is: Why did they go to Flat Rock? If they were looking for a private spot, I am sure there would be plenty of possible locations. Was a co-conspirator living in Flat Rock? Or did they just have to drop someone there?

2. Chelsea and Clay drove to the train tracks location in Carleton. There she was murdered, but probably assaulted first. Perhaps she did not go along with everything he wanted, and he strangled her in a rage. Then he hit her with a rock (or other object) when she appeared unconscious or dead. Then he took all clothes and dropped some of the clothes in the Flat Rock location. But the big question is: Why? Was he trying to get rid of evidence? If so, why would he keep some of the clothes? I speculate that he kept all the clothes, and then, when "hero guy" was in the news, he hid some of the clothes near the trailer where "hero guy" lives.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...oe-identified-missing-chelsea-bruck/26382573/

I agree with the second scenario, I think it was definitely not something he planned. Think he offered her a ride home, they pulled off at the tracks and after that it may have been him going farther than she wanted, he panicked and killed her or it may have been consensual rough sex gone wrong. Only DC knows for sure

So I do think that Chelsea was killed some place close to where her body was found. Malone is cited her saying this, and generally the Detroit Free Press is reliable (more reliable than other local newspapers, and a lot more reliable than the local TV stations, IMO). I think the other news article quoted earlier was trying to say the same, but it was clumsily and ambiguously formulated.

I think there are two main scenarios:

1. Chelsea first went to the Flat Rock location with Clay. Then they went to the Carleton location where she was killed. In that case she would have lost some of her clothes at the deserted area in Flat Rock. Perhaps Chelsea agreed to go to Flat Rock first before going home. Once there he may have assaulted her. From there he drove her home, but she threatened to go to police.Driving from Flat Rock to Maybee one would pass Carleton. So at the railroad crossing Clay surprised Chelsea and drove off on the driveway next to the railroad and killed her. I think he hit her with a rock, but he may have strangled her first. But the main question in this scenario is: Why did they go to Flat Rock? If they were looking for a private spot, I am sure there would be plenty of possible locations. Was a co-conspirator living in Flat Rock? Or did they just have to drop someone there?

2. Chelsea and Clay drove to the train tracks location in Carleton. There she was murdered, but probably assaulted first. Perhaps she did not go along with everything he wanted, and he strangled her in a rage. Then he hit her with a rock (or other object) when she appeared unconscious or dead. Then he took all clothes and dropped some of the clothes in the Flat Rock location. But the big question is: Why? Was he trying to get rid of evidence? If so, why would he keep some of the clothes? I speculate that he kept all the clothes, and then, when "hero guy" was in the news, he hid some of the clothes near the trailer where "hero guy" lives.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...oe-identified-missing-chelsea-bruck/26382573/

I am freakishly near both locations - Flat Rock where the costume pieces were found and Carleton where body was found - and there is no way any woman in sound mind and body would willingly go to either place with an acquaintance at 3:00am. The Flat Rock location is a place behind a bad reputation, nasty trailer park (no offense anyone) where I assume heroin and crack are passed around by the lowest scum individuals in the downriver/Monroe area. The Carleton location is out of the way, not off of any major roads, on a very nice street, where the neighbors watch out for each other and would call the police if the slightest sounds were heard.

I believe the body was only dumped at the Carleton location - and for that to happen - there needs to be at least 2 people involved. I grew up with a sick relative and had to lift and move this person of 100 pounds - and it felt like 200 pounds because it was "dead" weight. There is no way DC alone could carry the body to dump it....well maybe if he was cracked out on some drug or his adrenaline was kicking....I guess anything is possible.

She definitely could have been killed at the Flat Rock location. It is a secluded area where no one would hear - and it is a high crime, shady area where no one would call the police if they heard. But I believe she was assaulted and/or knocked out or just passed out from alcohol and/or drugs (possibly drugged by someone) before going to Flat Rock because I find it hard to believe she would go there willingly.

Or she could have been killed elsewhere (not Carleton) and the costume pieces dumped there afterward to throw police off or point the finger at someone else. Anything is possible and we really won't know until the trial - if he tells the truth.

I think people are jumping the gun to assume she was buried just because a "construction crew" found her. There are many types of construction that don't involve digging. Trust me - one small tidbit is told to the news, their imagination goes wild, and they go writing their own ideas of what happened. The fact is - DC is too lazy to be bothered with burying her.

I also think people are jumping the gun with the trophies that were found in DC's backpack. Based on the photos, it looks like she was not wearing jewelry that night. I've heard mention of finding a journal - think about it - why in the world would he have her journal. Lastly, I've heard police found her panties in that backpack. I think some of this came from the interviews with DC's roommate and girlfriend. How would they know those were Chelsea's panties? If panties were found, they were most likely from an ex-girlfriend..perhaps the girl all over his Facebook. The police aren't going to find the panties and announce to everyone there that they are Chelsea's panties.

I just think there is a ton of speculation going on. We are all focused on tracing her steps that night. Nobody will ever know what really happened unless DC tells the truth. I think we should be focusing on DC's accomplice(s). I think there is at least one more evil person out there who was either involved directly or at least knows what happened and helped him cover it up...perhaps the person who owned the car that transported them. And why wasn't he at the Halloween party with his then girlfriend? I can't remember the dates of the photos on his Facebook and I'm just too disgusted to look again, but I'm sure he had a girlfriend at that point.

I disagree on your point of no one willingly going to the site she was found, growing up in Newport and Carleton, ppl always found random spots to park to party or hookup

I'm not a lawyer, but I believe that the murder could still be murder of the first degree if the jury finds that there was premeditation, and premeditation does not have to take long, so a rape isn't required (though for felony murder it would be). Still, I have to believe that juries aren't dumb and that they don't believe that a woman's past sexual behavior has any bearing on a situation like this. Seems pretty common to claim "consensual sex resulting in accidental death" and I don't think that argument usually goes over very well.

Murder One isn't on the table. Prosecutor has already indicated that there is nothing to suggest that Chelsea's death was premeditated.

If Clay's phone-call confession from jail to his current girlfriend is introduced as evidence of a consensual sexual encounter that went wrong, Chelsea's sexual history is likely to come into play. If the confession isn't used, then Chelsea's sexual history is probably a moot point. Either way, I doubt that Chelsea's social media posts would make or break the defense's case, but such information might be enough to convince a juror or two that Chelsea went willingly with someone with whom she might have had sex after the Halloween party. :moo:

Michigan First-Degree Murder Laws

When someone takes another person's life, regardless of intent or other details surrounding the incident, it is called a homicide.

In Michigan, first degree murder is the most severe type of homicide because it is planned and was done on purpose with some type of evil intent. In order to sustain a conviction, a Michigan prosecutor must prove that the defendant planned to commit the crime of murder...

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/michigan-law/michigan-first-degree-murder-laws.html

Pure speculation, but I think the evidence against this man will be extremely damning. I think LE is obviously holding back alot for the trial, and how her remains were found, and the nature of her injuries will put him away forever and a day.

AND, I think LE will be looking for his "signature" in other unsolved murders. I highly doubt this was his first. But of course, I'm just speculating based on the little bits and pieces we do know.

^ I hope you're right, Roses. Chelsea deserves justice, and her family should know what happened to their beloved daughter/sister and why her life was taken.

Murder One isn't on the table. Prosecutor has already indicated that there is nothing to suggest that Chelsea's death was premeditated.

If Clay's phone-call confession from jail to his current girlfriend is introduced as evidence of a consensual sexual encounter that went wrong, Chelsea's sexual history is likely to come into play. If the confession isn't used, then Chelsea's sexual history is probably a moot point. Either way, I doubt that Chelsea's social media posts would make or break the defense's case, but such information might be enough to convince a juror or two that Chelsea went willingly with someone with whom she might have had sex after the Halloween party. :moo:

Boy, sex sure is dangerous, if murderers are to be believed. It's just amazing we aren't all dead. MOO, I have seen that argument many times, and the last time I know of that it worked was in the 1980s, for the Preppie Murderer.

BBM -- Very interesting to me that a prosecutor would say that before a trial, I wonder why. Can you please provide the link?

I disagree on your point of no one willingly going to the site she was found, growing up in Newport and Carleton, ppl always found random spots to park to party or hookup

That is absolutely a possibility if there is a history of teenagers/young adults doing that. But why would they go so far away to park? I'm sure there are many other places they could have gone closer to where the party was. I think a foreign vehicle showing up between 3 and 4am at a vacant property located on a residential street, and hanging out for a while, would stick out like a sore thumb. DC is not an amateur criminal and should know better. There are so many other less conspicuous areas and abandoned commercial buildings, parking lots, houses, and non-populated areas on the way. I guess I'm just trying to make sense of something that will never make sense.

BBM -- Very interesting to me that a prosecutor would say that before a trial, I wonder why. Can you please provide the link?

Prosecutor: ‘No evidence’ suspect planned Bruck’s death

Oralandar Brand-Williams and James David Dickson, The Detroit News 8:53 a.m. EDT July 26, 2016

Monroe — Authorities say there is no evidence to suggest a 27-year-old Newport man accused in the October 2014 death of Chelsea Bruck planned the alleged crime.

Daniel Allan Clay was arraigned Monday afternoon a second-degree murder charge and held without bond...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...suspect-chelsea-bruck-death-charged/87524668/

Suspect in Chelsea Bruck slaying: 'I don't want a bond'

Daniel Clay charged with second-degree murder

By Sierra Pedraja - Digital News Editor , John Steckroth - Digital news editor , Jermont Terry - Reporter , Halston Herrera - Digital news editor

Posted: 8:19 AM, July 25, 2016
Updated: 7:44 PM, July 25, 2016

...The Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office ruled her death a homicide, saying she died from blunt force trauma to the head. Assistant prosecutor Michael Roehrig said Clay wasn't charged with first-degree murder because investigators don't believe the death was premediated...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/man-accused-in-chelsea-bruck-slaying-to-be-charged

That is absolutely a possibility if there is a history of teenagers/young adults doing that. But why would they go so far away to park? I'm sure there are many other places they could have gone closer to where the party was. I think a foreign vehicle showing up between 3 and 4am at a vacant property located on a residential street, and hanging out for a while, would stick out like a sore thumb. DC is not an amateur criminal and should know better. There are so many other less conspicuous areas and abandoned commercial buildings, parking lots, houses, and non-populated areas on the way. I guess I'm just trying to make sense of something that will never make sense.

Exactly. This was no "inspiration point" location. Look at an aerial map. Look at the starting point where the party was, the dumping grounds, and the easy access to the highway. It was the access to the highway, the quick getaway to the highway, that I believe resulted in that location being PRE chosen. Speculation on all, of course.

And, I might add a straight shot to Manheim auto from there. I've been obsessed with that place for months. I think a vehicle was stolen/borrowed from there, or cleaned, then replaced to the lot, etc. I've never been able to let go of that speculation.

The land the body was found on was vacant land for building. It was purchased in February 2014 and construction seemed to not begin until spring 2015 where they found her in April. I've driven by it and it's full of trees and seems pretty dense to me. There wasn't even a clear driveway and this was just last year. I would imagine the location had more trees prior to them beginning to clear the land which would make it difficult to navigate at night unless he risked daylight, went in through the back by the train tracks as many have speculated, or knew his way around.

Go to property history:
https://www.redfin.com/MI/Carleton/Briar-Hill-Rd-48117/home/102505925

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The land the body was found on was vacant land for building. It was purchased in February 2014 and construction seemed to not begin until spring 2015 where they found her in April. I've driven by it and it's full of trees and seems pretty dense to me. There wasn't even a clear driveway and this was just last year. I would imagine the location had more trees prior to them beginning to clear the land which would make it difficult to navigate at night unless he risked daylight, went in through the back by the train tracks as many have speculated, or knew his way around.

Go to property history:
https://www.redfin.com/MI/Carleton/Briar-Hill-Rd-48117/home/102505925

The driveway next to the train tracks seen in all of the pictures when the body was discovered was already installed at the time of the Halloween party. The owners were already bringing in fill dirt, installed drainage pipe, and had already cleared out a large area in the back. DC either drove up that driveway to dump the body, or if the driveway was gated off at that time, he would have had to drive up the train tracks (which now has a gate to prevent people from doing that). There is no way in from the back of the property with a vehicle. The driveway in the picture you attached is another drive further down the road that was not accessible at the time of the Halloween party. The property had never been touched prior to the new owners and was always just used as hunting property.

Thanks for posting that link Monster; it really puts things in perspective.
No freakin way that guy acted alone. No way.

The driveway next to the train tracks seen in all of the pictures when the body was discovered was already installed at the time of the Halloween party. The owners were already bringing in fill dirt, installed drainage pipe, and had already cleared out a large area in the back. DC either drove up that driveway to dump the body, or if the driveway was gated off at that time, he would have had to drive up the train tracks (which now has a gate to prevent people from doing that). There is no way in from the back of the property with a vehicle. The driveway in the picture you attached is another drive further down the road that was not accessible at the time of the Halloween party. The property had never been touched prior to the new owners and was always just used as hunting property.

I know. I was stating he could've "walked" in through the back by the tracks but not driven although I don't personally feel one would do that as it seems like a lot of work.

I know. I was stating he could've "walked" in through the back by the tracks but not driven although I don't personally feel one would do that as it seems like a lot of work.

Absolutely he definitely could have walked in if he parked on the road (on Briar Hill) - but someone could have easily seen him. If there was a gate up, it wasn't anything sophisticated and he could have just walked under or around it, but probably could not have driven a car thru. If that was the case, I think he could have driven the car up the tracks. Either way I definitely think somebody would have had to help him.

This may be far fetched, but I wonder if there is a way to get there along the train tracks from the west - coming from the freeway (I-275) - which is maybe what you were saying. There must be another road at least a mile or two up after the freeway that intersects with the train tracks, I wonder if he could have driven down that way and nobody would have seen him at all. The train only goes thru maybe once or twice a day. This may be even more far fetched - but maybe he knew the train schedule via a friend or from years of living near there.

If there was not a gate up, he very easily could have just drove back there along the driveway with no lights and committed the crime and/or dumped the body...gosh that sounds so harsh but I don't know of a more delicate way to say it.

Some of us have long believed he drove down the train tracks.
I did a fair amount of research on those roads, and there is one that runs parallel, right next to the highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson