Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
oxygen channel “Snapped” will also have an episode on Chelsea’s case
Sunday at 6 pm EST. (October 29)

NBC’s ‘Dateline’ to feature Chelsea Bruck’s story Friday

"Roehrig said the Bruck family declined to participate but cameras certainly captured Chelsea’s mother, Leannda, who forgave Clay at his sentencing in court and spoke at a press conference following the hearing.....Also absent from the segment are Russell A. Smith, the Temperance attorney who defended Clay, and the suspect, who is housed in a prison in Ionia. The Michigan Department of Corrections apparently denied access to him."

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20171026/nbcs-dateline-to-feature-chelsea-brucks-story-friday

Even though I know the whole story, it stills feel so weird watching Chelsea’s story on Dateline. There were a few things shown that I never fully knew before. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though I know the whole story, it stills feel so weird watching Chelsea’s story on Dateline. There were a few things shown that I never fully knew before. [emoji20]

I'm watching. I didn't follow AS closely as a lot of you so it's been interesting. Poor Chelsea :(.

I had no idea that her two 'friends', one of them ten years older, did not take her home when she injured herself and wanted to go home, but when they wanted to go home because of a work schedule they left without her - deciding that she could make her own way home. When Chelsea borrowed a phone to call the driver, she said that although she was not too drunk to drive home, she was too drunk to return and pick her up. Those are not friends. They should never have abandoned her at the party.

Watched dateline this morning. So tragic... good piece they did even though “ cheesy” at times. I was raised in this “town” of about 600 people. Very close knit community . Great family. Introverted - at least those I knew of the family which didn’t surprise me they did not participate in the segment. If anything ... know they do have loving support. May be a small area but people stick together.

I totally forgot about Chelsea's case being featured on Dateline last night :blushing: I'm in the throes of a fall asthma episode and went :offtobed: at 9:00 to try to catch up on sleep lost from coughing in the wee hours. I will watch video sometime over the weekend.

I haven’t been able to watch very much of it, either. Thekarmabus, I am in a Village a short way from there and we are still dealing with our feelings and loss. Even if you don’t personally know the victims, we tend to all pull together in the most difficult times here. :hug:

I thought the dateline piece was so good. My husband who knew nothing of the case got a good grasp from it. We were both disappointed in the older friend. She sure seemed so very regretful though - she should know she is guilty of being a crappy friend and nothing else. As angry as it made us- she didn’t cause it. I’m sure she’s learned a very very hard lesson and for that I’m sad for her.

I cried a lot back then for Chelsea’s family and again last night. Surprised it hit me so hard again, but as my children get older these young women that end up like this hit me harder and harder (my daughters are nearly 13 and 17). I think I worry more now than I ever did when they were little.

I thought the dateline piece was so good. My husband who knew nothing of the case got a good grasp from it. We were both disappointed in the older friend. She sure seemed so very regretful though - she should know she is guilty of being a crappy friend and nothing else. As angry as it made us- she didn’t cause it. I’m sure she’s learned a very very hard lesson and for that I’m sad for her.

I cried a lot back then for Chelsea’s family and again last night. Surprised it hit me so hard again, but as my children get older these young women that end up like this hit me harder and harder (my daughters are nearly 13 and 17). I think I worry more now than I ever did when they were little.

I have issues with both of the women who were with Chelsea that night. When Chelsea wanted to leave, they made her feel that her injury was insignificant. When they wanted to leave, they decided it would take too long to look for Chelsea and they needed their time because of a work schedule. They decided that she could make her own way home from a rural party. They knew that she didn't have a phone and would have difficulties calling anyone for help if she was in trouble. Chelsea should never have trusted them, and should never have relied on them. Relying on them cost her her life.

I have issues with both of the women who were with Chelsea that night. When Chelsea wanted to leave, they made her feel that her injury was insignificant. When they wanted to leave, they decided it would take too long to look for Chelsea and they needed their time because of a work schedule. They decided that she could make her own way home from a rural party. They knew that she didn't have a phone and would have difficulties calling anyone for help if she was in trouble. Chelsea should never have trusted them, and should never have relied on them. Relying on them cost her her life.

Yea I had those issues too. They sure seemed to regret it though. Knowing that has they been better friends Chelsea would be alive today has to feel horrible- I know they don’t deserve my sympathy, but they did seem very regretful. I think the “excuses” they gave are honestly the only way they can live with themselves.

No doubt they were not good friends to her that night.

Yea I had those issues too. They sure seemed to regret it though. Knowing that has they been better friends Chelsea would be alive today has to feel horrible- I know they don’t deserve my sympathy, but they did seem very regretful. I think the “excuses” they gave are honestly the only way they can live with themselves.

No doubt they were not good friends to her that night.

I first learned the buddy system with swimming, but it applies especially today to people who go out for drinks. All of them are vulnerable to an opportunist predator as soon as they are separated from the group. Maybe that should be taught in the schools along side sex education - that going out for drinks requires the buddy system. Natalie Holloway is a case in point, as are so many others that we read about on this website.

I first learned the buddy system with swimming, but it applies especially today to people who go out for drinks. All of them are vulnerable to an opportunist predator as soon as they are separated from the group. Maybe that should be taught in the schools along side sex education - that going out for drinks requires the buddy system. Natalie Holloway is a case in point, as are so many others that we read about on this website.

Scares the hell out of me with my daughters. They watched too- both said “why didn’t she call her mom”. Oh how I wish she did was all I could say. I hope my girls keep this tucked in the back of their mind...and never leave a friend.

Scares the hell out of me with my daughters. They watched too- both said “why didn’t she call her mom”. Oh how I wish she did was all I could say. I hope my girls keep this tucked in the back of their mind...and never leave a friend.

Her mom said that if she'd known that her daughter was going to a party with six hundred people, she would have put a stop to it. Chelsea was probably afraid to call her mom because she didn't want her mom to know what she was up to. Please let your daughters know that they can call you no matter what, no questions asked. Another thing I did was give each of the children a credit card on my account for emergencies, then I taught them how to take a cab by themselves before they needed to do it in an emergency. They had to memorize the cab company number. They still have cards on my account, there are always cab costs, and we don't even discuss it - I just pay it.

Good morning. Watching Dateline on-demand. Will be back later to comment.

I am in the process of watching the Dateline show. I really cannot believe that the friends left her drunk and alone without a phone at the party. Especially the friend who was 10 years older, in her thirties. And then, when she called and asked the same friend to come back to get her, and she said "no" I can't believe she just left it at that. I could see saying, "ut oh, I'm too drunk to drive, I shouldn't have even driven home," but I can't imagine just leaving it at that. In that situation, I would like to think I wouldn't have rested until I found way to get Chelsea home -- whether it involved calling her parents to tell them what was going on, or getting ahold of a friend who was still there to make sure Chelsea was being cared for, etc.

Excellent program and definitely worthwhile viewing. I don't want to say too much in case some here have yet to watch it.

The only aspect of the case that was unfamiliar to me was the woman named Kerri Carr.

The interrogation excerpts were amazing: Seldom do we get an inside peek at how suspects are questioned in the early stages of an investigation.

"Big Mike" is a smart azz.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Snapped is on right now. It looks like her two friends from that night don’t participate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska
Back