Deceased/Not Found MI - Coral Hall, 14, Flint, 22 Sept 1998 - *L. Janish guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FLINT, MI -- A 74-year-old Flint woman has been found competent to stand trial on accusations that she killed her 14-year-old granddaughter, Coral Hall.

<snip>

Officials are still awaiting results of a criminal responsibility exam.
The competency evaluation focused on Janish's current mental state and her ability to assist Mainprize-Hajek in her defense. The evaluation for criminal responsibility centers on Janish's mental state at the time of the alleged offense.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2014/04/flint_grandmother_competent_to.html

I can't pull up the link for the court records, I'm getting a server not found message. I'm curious what happened on the May 12 court date and when the next date is set.

Thinking of Coral and Melissa today. Praying for speedy justice here and that Lois fesses up where she put Coral. Also thinking of Corals sister through this too.

50 05/05/14 DEFT. LOIS JANISH'S NOTICE OF INTENT TO ASSERT INSANITY DEFENSE AND NOTICE OF DEFENSE OF VOLUNTARY INTOXICATION FILED 51 05/08/14 PROOF OF SERVICE FILED OF DEFT LOIS JANISH'S NOTICE OF INTENT TO ASSERT INSANITY DEFENSE & NOTICE OF DEFENSE OF VOLUNTARY INTOXICATION ON 5/7/14
http://www.co.genesee.mi.us/roaccsinq/ROACase.aspx?CASE=13033553&CASETYP=FC&FILENAME=C061935810

Since when does intoxication equal insanity?

I'm starting to wonder if perhaps she will agree to a plea deal in exchange for fessing up the location(s) of Coral's remains. I want Corals loved ones to have a place to lay her to rest and say their goodbyes. A place to remember and visit her.

LJ is old. She'd likely not survive a 10 yr sentence.

50 05/05/14 DEFT. LOIS JANISH'S NOTICE OF INTENT TO ASSERT INSANITY DEFENSE AND NOTICE OF DEFENSE OF VOLUNTARY INTOXICATION FILED 51 05/08/14 PROOF OF SERVICE FILED OF DEFT LOIS JANISH'S NOTICE OF INTENT TO ASSERT INSANITY DEFENSE & NOTICE OF DEFENSE OF VOLUNTARY INTOXICATION ON 5/7/14
http://www.co.genesee.mi.us/roaccsinq/ROACase.aspx?CASE=13033553&CASETYP=FC&FILENAME=C061935810

Since when does intoxication equal insanity?

I'm starting to wonder if perhaps she will agree to a plea deal in exchange for fessing up the location(s) of Coral's remains. I want Corals loved ones to have a place to lay her to rest and say their goodbyes. A place to remember and visit her.

LJ is old. She'd likely not survive a 10 yr sentence.

She has said she didn't remember. :(
At some point you hope she has a conscience before passing away

Oh, I think she remembers. If she was in a black out due to intoxication, she never would have given out multiple stories about what happened. There would have been no need to, if she really did not remember.

Oh, I think she remembers. If she was in a black out due to intoxication, she never would have given out multiple stories about what happened. There would have been no need to, if she really did not remember.

She seems the type of scum that will take it to her grave.

She seems the type of scum that will take it to her grave.

I hope not. She does have the opportunity to throw the man she was living with under the bus. He's not living so he can't defend himself so to speak.

In this case, I want her family and friends to find, whatever is left of her and give her a proper burial.

IMO, LJ can make all the excuses in the world. We already know she did it.... We know that she is scum and drugs and a man were more important than her granddaughter.

I just can't get past not having a place to visit Coral. At least right now I can't. Especially after a long winter and all the beautiful greenery and flowers out there right now. Coral's remains deserve to be surrounded by that beauty here on earth.

:please:

I couldn't have said it better myself Cubby! Especially for those who have constantly searched for her, they deserve to have a place to visit her, and Coral deserves a proper burial. She went through so much in her short life.

58 07/18/14 remove next event: 07/21/14 3:00 pm
miscellaneous hearing
competency report not ready
59 set next date for: 07/28/14 3:00 pm
miscellaneous hearing
competency review
60 07/23/14 notice of amendment to
endorsed witnesses filed
61 07/28/14 pltf's preliminary answer &
memorandum of law in
opposition to deft's motion to
suppress prior to evidentiary
hearing filed
62 miscellaneous hearing
proceed digital recorded-def in jail
deft appeared in court. Case
to continue to hearing on
thursday. Clarification
needed re:report by
independent examination.

http://www.co.genesee.mi.us/roaccsinq/ROACase.aspx?CASE=13033553&CASETYP=FC&FILENAME=C072945735

Wow! I'm so glad they've got the grandmother behind bars. I wish that I could say I'm surprised, but sadly I'm not. LJ has always seemed shady to me, and now I know why.

I wish that I could say I'm shocked, but knowing about LJ, I'm not. It's disgusting to me that a grandmother, the person who ideally is supposed to love and cherish her grandchildren, would hurt a child. I hope the witch rots.

Coral deserved a loving, caring home. She was robbed of that by this evil woman. I hope that at the very least, she gets a proper burial. My heart breaks for her.

Looks like the next court date is 08/28. I sure can't wait until a trial date is set. :praying:

According to the county court records it looks like as of last week both sides were arguing over a motion to suppress. Last court date was October 8th. No new dates have been added online as of yet.

last update on the court records was 11/3. Nothing has been added since about future dates.

Next court date 02/23 at noon. Please let this get to trial soon. :praying:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966