Deceased/Not Found MI - Coral Hall, 14, Flint, 22 Sept 1998 - *L. Janish guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How horrific, just unbelievable that her grandmother murdered her in such a vicious way.

Sweet Coral so very sorry, may you now Rest in Eternal Peace

:rose: :rose:

Oh Melissa,

I'm so very sorry for this horrific outcome. Coral is so very lucky to have you as an advocate for her.

My prayers are with you ...

How horrific, just unbelievable that her grandmother murdered her in such a vicious way.

Sweet Coral so very sorry, may you now Rest in Eternal Peace

:rose: :rose:

And all for a younger boyfriend. Evil, pure evil. Makes me wish we could see an eye for an eye justice.

I couldn't imagine doing something like that to my own flesh and blood, or anyone for that matter. I'm one who tries to bring any bugs I catch in the house - outside.

How it hurts to see this thread title prefix changed from missing to Deceased/Not Found.

If what Lois said is true, that Coral was not disposed of intact, then I think the next step is to search NamUs for partial remains....... Horrible, but we still need to bring Coral home.

Sleep peacefully, Coral. Lois's secret is no more. :rose: :cry:
We're not going to give up looking.

Did the grandmother tell police what area they scattered the remains in so the police know where to look for them? They may be hard to find after 15 years.

Did the grandmother tell police what area they scattered the remains in so the police know where to look for them? They may be hard to find after 15 years.

Janish allegedly wrote a letter apologizing for dumping Hall's body and agreed to help authorities search for Hall's remains, according to Hosmer's testimony. Three searches were conducted but no remains were found.
Leyton said the searches were conducted around the Ann Arbor Street home Janish lived in at the time of Hall's disappearance. Police obtained a search warrant to try and find the letter Janish allegedly wrote but were unsuccessful, Hosmer told the judge.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/ind...ells_judge_grandmot.html#incart_river_default

I'm a bit confused on what Lois stated and where this alleged letter fits in. I am wondering what led to the three searches and where they searched.

I'm not even sure at this point Lois' story that Coral was buried is believable.

I can't even begin to express the amount of anger I feel at this woman. I can't or I will earn a time out......

I'm very anxious though for more information, and am praying information is available that leads to Coral's recovery. :please:

I wish Coral would have gone into foster care, if she would have, at least her "grandmother" would have not had the chance to end her life.

RIP Coral

I also read an article that said that Coral was in the custody of her grandmother since 1987. Is this the reason why Coral was not placed in foster care like her brother and sister were because her grandmother had been taken care of her for so long?

I was tired or distracted last night when I posted. I hadn't realized the searches were conducted in the immediate vicinity of where Coral lived with her grandmother.

I didn't know that Coral had a brother. I thought she only had a sister.

Also, I can't help but wonder why Coral was allowed back to her grandmothers house after reporting the abuse she was enduring. I can't imagine anyone sending a child back to an environment such as that prior to a full investigation of the accusations.

I'm so heartbroken Coral was failed by both the adults in her life and the system which was supposed to protect her.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and unwavering support. Ive been super busy with family these past four days. Trying to get back in the groove now. I have to say I'm shocked Hosmer leaked this startling information about how Lois killed Coral. Very overwhelming for me that now everyone knows the truth. But I'm so happy that it's out there now. Now the next step is finding her remains, something I have longed for for the past 15 years. Love you Coral always and forever...

We'll never give up looking, Melissa' until we bring Coral home. Going through NamUs is going to be my next project.

I'd also like to know, if you know, what kind of transportation Lois may have had. How did she travel? How did the men in her life travel? Car, public transportation, truck driver, long distance or local if anyone was a truck driver? That might give us an area to work with outside the immediate area from where Coral went missing.

How horrifying it was to read those articles....you deserved so much more, Coral. And the punishment that lady gets here will be nothing compared to later on I'm sure!

Melissa I am so sorry to read all that has happened. I cannot believe her own Grandmother did that. Unfathomable. You did such a great thing for Coral, and you will do a great job at the trial. I'm glad you now know what happened. When I was a kid my aunt disappeared and I remember the toll it took on my family, all the stress and unanswered questions. It was good for everyone when the questions were answered. Now for justice.

Melissa, your hard work and perseverance is to be commended. Incredible the lengths you went through to find answers. I am sorry that Coral's life ended so violently. It's just heartbreaking. I wish you all the best as you prepare for a trial. Such a sad case.

Thinking of you and Coral today, Melissa. :beats:

E3i9nuV.gif

I am still in such profound shock over the news that's came out about what really happened to dear Coral. :cry:

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2013/08/coral_halls_grandmother_offere.html

A Flint (snipped) accused of killing her teenage granddaughter allegedly offered a man "time alone" with the teen in exchange for drugs, according to witness testimony.

Dortman was the sole witness called to testify during Monday's preliminary exam. Prosecutors and Janish's attorney, Ken Karasick, agreed to waive the exam, but prosecutors had Dortman testify in order to preserve his statement on the court record

Also from the link in the previous post:

Janish was bound over to be arraigned Sept. 9 in Genesee Circuit Court. She faces the possibility of life in prison without parole if convicted

It makes me so sad to read what Coral endured while living with her grandmother. I'm keeping Coral's sister and friends in my prayers as I know this is going to be a difficult trial for them.

I also know Coral knows we are here to support her sister and friends. (whether they participate here at WS or not.)

:praying: :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back