Deceased/Not Found MI - Coral Hall, 14, Flint, 22 Sept 1998 - *L. Janish guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is excellent news! Finally, justice for Coral is in sight.

XQMdauG.jpg

A quote from the arrestee in 2008:
"I've lost three kids and now my granddaughter is missing, and I would love (for) her to get in contact with me," Janish said. "Maybe she's so mad at me -- I don't know -- but I would love to make up. I would love to get her back in my life."
http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/extra/2008/02/a_grandmothers_plea.html

No comment except to say, stay strong, Melissa! :hug:

I am so happy that there are signs of justice here. God Bless you all for pushing as hard as you did! :grouphug:

Unfortunately I just learned of this case, so I haven't been involved in it. But WOW what a gift to have an answer after 15 years. Thank GOD the reporter, the investigator and ESPECIALLY Melissa have kept Coral in their hearts and minds and refused to give up!

Melissa,
I can only say that I had a awful childhood. I relate to the pain Coral surely felt. I am so thankful she had a friend like you, who not only was her friend and "soft place to land" at the time, but would NOT GIVE UP in finding answers for what happened to Coral. I know it sounds odd, because I don't know you, but I am proud of you for your tenacity and love shown to Coral when answers weren't coming for so long!

I know you will do well in court. You have been working toward this conclusion for a long time! Be the strong and loyal friend you have been for so long and you will make it through this.

I cannot even fathom a grandmother doing this to her own grandchild, but sadly we see a lot of things that seem unthinkable on WS. I pray the whole story comes out, those involved are punished and Coral is found and given a peaceful burial.

God bless you Melissa. I'm fairly certain you cannot imagine what your friendship meant/means to Coral when so much of her life was painful.
I will continue to follow Coral's story now and know I will be praying for you as you go through the court system on this case. *hugs*

Melissa, good luck with the testimony and all the coming delays and everything else. You've been a true friend indeed.

Sending you strength to get through this.
She's very lucky to have a friend like you. My 1st thought when I found the article on Aundria Bowman's mom's FB wall was that she was diagnosed with a terminal illness & confessed; hoping to die with a "clear" conscience. I hope they are able to recover her remains

Just saw the article on the Daily Mail about Coral and was shocked I hadn't heard about it here. (Detroit area)

Best wishes on the case, hoping for justice and closure for Coral.

Again Melissa, you are an amazing friend!!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/michigan-grandmother-arrested-murder-granddaughter-article-1.1414908?localLinksEnabled=false

Grandma squashed the investigation and told police that she had returned home.But Coral's childhood friends, Melissa Jackson and Tanya Boillat, were anxious to see their long-lost pal, who never showed. Something was off. The girls visited Hosmer, voiced their concerns and asked him to look into the case.

"That's what I did," Hosmer said. "There were a lot of inconsistences. Every time I would talk to this one person, I realized it's not making sense."

That one person, Coral's grandmother, made numerous "incriminating statements," which police are not at liberty to divulge at this time.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...granddaughter-article-1.1414908#ixzz2akTLrRb5

Melissa, you and Tanya did it! You were able to get Hosmer to take a closer look at this case and piece together the inconsistant info.

I'm praying we are now able to find Coral's remains. I hate having to type that, I was always hopeful she escaped that area, but after all these years, she would have contacted someone.

Coral, help us find you!

Lois Janish is a sick sick woman! How could you do something like that to your own grandchild? I hope she rots in the prison cell!

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/ind...ells_judge_grandmot.html#incart_river_default

Lots of info here, but this is most telling...

The detective also said sexual abuse allegations were made by Hall against the grandmother's boyfriend, who was released from prison just prior to Hall's disappearance, and the boyfriend responded by allegedly stating he would not return to prison because of Hall's complaints.

Hall met with protective services on Sept. 21, 1998, and returned to Janish's Ann Arbor Street home. She disappeared the next day.

OMG -No! I was not prepared for that.

I'm horrified.

I'm thinking of and praying for you Melissa. I can only imagine how tough that was for you to hear. We at WS are here for you.

I'm shocked.

RSBM

Snipped from longtallcold's link above:

A detective investigating the 1998 disappearance of a 14-year-old Flint girl told a Flint judge this week that the girl's grandmother said she killed the girl with a hammer then dismembered her body before scattering her remains.

There are no words. :furious:

I'm so, so sorry, Coral. :cry: Rest in peace, sweet angel.

RVAOizv.jpg

Melissa, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I can't imagine the overwhelming feelings you're probably experiencing right now. :grouphug:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo
Back