MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the next day around 6 p.m. After having not shown up for their get together and then not showing up for work on Saturday, the friend was very worried.

Going back to what thesaint listed about Redford, the city has absolutely changed demographically over the years compared to what I grew up with. When I was there it was diverse but definitely still predominantly white. It has since grown far more diverse and the black community is far more prominent now. This is certainly due to the repeal of those work laws (though there are many other contributing factors as well), and it's a good thing. The city officials in Detroit have a very long history of corruption (Kwame Kilpatrick and beyond) and the children suffered for it. There are many rehabilitation programs taking place in certain Detroit schools currently, but the system itself is still broken. A visit to one of those schools is heartbreaking. The kids are not given a fair chance and I'm glad Redford Union was one of the places that welcomed black students from Detroit. Diversity is the progressive way forward. It's who we should fight to be as a people. If you are unfamiliar with the area and are ever visiting Metro Detroit, turn on the local news one evening and just take it all in for a few hours. You'll get a startling view of the day to day reality of Detroit citizens. Detroit is fighting to come back and the artistic community is doing some really exciting things in the city right now, but it's going to be a very long road.

Anyway, yes, back to Danielle. Candlelight vigil is today and there will also be family and friends handing out fliers to attendants of the Ward Church Christmas program this evening. There will be at least a couple thousand people there so hopefully that helps boost attention locally even if it's only a little bit. Every bit helps.
So she was expected.at work on Sat?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

corect..last seen driving her car away from work Friday.

Danielle was last seen approximately at 5PM on Friday leaving work. Her vehicle is seen next at approximately 6 PM on Saturday. There is roughly a 24 hour window where nobody is certain where she was. Assuming she went home on Friday after work with some possible errands in between, that would roughly put her at home around 5:30 PM, possibly a little later if she ran errands. In looking at the reviews on Yelp for Independence Green Apartments, parking is a real problem. Out of all of the reviews, parking and lack of heat inside the apartments, are the main two complaints. Comments indicate that people have to pay $15.00 for parking but end up parking two lots away from their residence. My point is, at approximately 5:30 PM on a Friday, I can't imagine the parking lot is so void of cars that Danielle landed a prime spot right in front of her building. I guess it's possible but it doesn't seem likely.

Independence Green Apartments, I'm not a fan for a single female. Kind of a sprawling place, not well lit at night and yes, the building doors are not the most secure (but of course one would also be locking their own apartment door).

Just to search that property would be a big undertaking, lots of buildings to search and of course the property itself. A number of other apartment complexes in the area also.

And of course no security cameras? I swear, some due diligence and foresight would solve so many of these cases!

I'll tell you this - if the apartment complex ends up not paying out the reward for any reason, I sure hope they take that $50K and put a camera system on the property for the parking lots.

Danielle was last seen approximately at 5PM on Friday leaving work. Her vehicle is seen next at approximately 6 PM on Saturday. There is roughly a 24 hour window where nobody is certain where she was. Assuming she went home on Friday after work with some possible errands in between, that would roughly put her at home around 5:30 PM, possibly a little later if she ran errands. In looking at the reviews on Yelp for Independence Green Apartments, parking is a real problem. Out of all of the reviews, parking and lack of heat inside the apartments, are the main two complaints. Comments indicate that people have to pay $15.00 for parking but end up parking two lots away from their residence. My point is, at approximately 5:30 PM on a Friday, I can't imagine the parking lot is so void of cars that Danielle landed a prime spot right in front of her building. I guess it's possible but it doesn't seem likely.
Perhaps she lucked out and someone had just left the spot. Also, if she was packing to go to a friend's I think she would want a space as close to her apt as possible.

I'll tell you this - if the apartment complex ends up not paying out the reward for any reason, I sure hope they take that $50K and put a camera system on the property for the parking lots.

Agree and proper lighting as well.

And of course no security cameras? I swear, some due diligence and foresight would solve so many of these cases!

Nope and very very poor lighting and questionable area and huge complex

AKA perfect recipe for a WS case [emoji854]

You and Bravo just took the words out of my mouth. After the Jessica Heeringa case, I have zero patience for lazy, greedy business owners. There is no excuse for not having surveillance in this world we live in.

corect..last seen driving her car away from work Friday.

So from the info the police have and info requested are they wanting another witness beside a possible coworker?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So from the info the police have and info requested are they wanting another witness beside a possible coworker?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They most likely want someone who saw her at the complex. The coworker is barely helpful since we know she left work...the question is what happened once she arrived home....

Does anyone know if the area where she worked, Metlife, and the grounds around that area have been searched?

Cracks me up when people from far away try to give a sense of the area. Metro Detroit isn't cookie cutter.

hmm, i do live in Detroit. Just pointing out that at the time Danielle and her friends would have been graduating high school, was the tail end of Redford being protected from the encroachment of Detroit and associated crime etc by the Copper Canyon wall, with Livonia to the West, Farm Hills to the North etc.

Once the police and firefighters and city workers managed to sell their homes in Copper Canyon on Detroit's west side, Redford quickly became far less desirable to live in. No doubt everyone didn't just pick up and move the first year they were eligible to ( 2000-2001 ); but by 2011, enough had vacated the city that the mayor was begging them to come back with huge financial incentives.

Perhaps she lucked out and someone had just left the spot. Also, if she was packing to go to a friend's I think she would want a space as close to her apt as possible.

As noted up thread, residents of Independence Green can pay an extra 14 or maybe it's gone up to 15 dollars a month to have an assigned/reserved space right in front of their unit. (on top of the base 14/15 a month just to have a car in the lot without an assigned space)

I wish we had more to go on. I can only hope LE is quiet for good reason. I have been decorating last 2 days and we have moved on to the tree today. Danielle and all her loved ones should be doing the same! My heart goes out to them. Dang I hate these cases!!!! Hoping for a good outcome.......sigh.

You and Bravo just took the words out of my mouth. After the Jessica Heeringa case, I have zero patience for lazy, greedy business owners. There is no excuse for not having surveillance in this world we live in.
You are so right! Wonder if there's any surveillance outside the apt complex (establishing a perimeter) that might be useful where LE might see her car go by and then if there's anything that looks suspicious sometime after....

I have many Family in Michigan and have tweeted out the missing poster as I don't do FB. Wish I could do more.

You are so right! Wonder if there's any surveillance outside the apt complex (establishing a perimeter) that might be useful where LE might see her car go by and then if there's anything that looks suspicious sometime after....

Yes there has to be some, somewhere on her route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member