MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were her keys (jeep and apartment) in the vehicle or in the apartment?

DS's keys and cell-phone are both unaccounted for at this time; LE has emphasized their desire to locate both. Presumably they're with DS; but if someone else has DS's keys and/or cell phone, that's a pretty big clue (to put it mildly)

Reposting as to recall the actual facts we have, which are very limited in this case:

Pics of key-chain fob, cell-phone and bright-blue rain slicker style jacket attached:
RppGrYH.jpg

In addition, the family has let it be known that they believe whatever happened to DS happened in the time between when she left Met-Life (her work, departing for the day any time btw 4:30 PM and 5 PM Friday, Dec 2) and the time she should've been at her friends for dinner (5:30PM); which educated belief from the family dovetails with what several sleuthers here have speculated as being the course of events.

Additional, potentially relevant information (potentially red-herrings as well) :

DS's key-chain has been identified by sleuthers here as a throw in gift with a smoke-buddy accessory, typically used by folks for surreptitiously smoking things other than tobacco.

Also, the list of agencies involved in the investigation into DS's case includes an unusually extensive (for a missing persons case) of LE agencies, including a couple dedicated to drug interdiction/drug activity.

DS's phone (picture above) has been called a "burner" phone, by various people, i think including LE and/or her family; uncertain whether it's a true burner phone, or simply a prepaid, no-contract device.

And the reward currently stands at $120K--I believe it's $50K from Met-Life, $50K from Independence Green Apts and $20K from a set up by her family.

Were her keys (jeep and apartment) in the vehicle or in the apartment? If they were in the jeep, she never made it into her apartment.

Scenarios:

If she was carjacked, a robber would have taken the purse and scattered the contents. They most likely would have ditched her jeep elsewhere.

It was parked where it always was ... with contents inside. Someone very familiar with her routine, someone she knows parked it there to throw off LE?
***I feel like whatever happened to her, happened elsewhere, and the perp put her jeep back in it's place to divert from the actual crime scene. They were familiar enough with her to park her vehicle as usual.***

She made it to the friends house after all?

She is hidden somewhere inside the apartment buildings?

Danielle's keys (and her cell phone/case) are missing. Her purse and wallet were found in the locked vehicle. Photos of the keys on special fob and cell phone/case were shown during presser (and subsequently on media sites) with LE asking the public's help in finding said items.

Excellent summary by thesaint! So her car was in its "normal spot." Items were undisturbed in the apt. We should be scrutinizing the apartment complex and the time between parking and entering the apt. Was her mail or packages obtained that day? Any of her trash in the dumpster? There must be clues!

DS's keys and cell-phone are both unaccounted for at this time; LE has emphasized their desire to locate both. Presumably they're with DS; but if someone else has DS's keys and/or cell phone, that's a pretty big clue (to put it mildly)

Keys were taken on purpose. If left inside the locked vehicle it screams foul play.
Phone was taken because it has incriminating information about the who, what, when, where, why. She met up with someone after work.

I would be looking into boyfriends (married, maybe?).
Was she newly pregnant and told him?
Had she seemed anxious or out of sorts lately?
Does she use drugs? Maybe met up with a dealer?

What's up with all the personalizing and bickering in the thread?

This thread is dedicated to the discussion of Danielle's case, not discussion of each other. There are no verified insiders in this case at this time so everyone who claims to have inside info, their info is to be taken with a grain of salt until such time as they are in fact verified.

If there is a problem on the board, please don't discuss it in the thread and try to moderate on your own. Use the Alert feature and leave it to Mods and Admin to sort out. Otherwise bickering results in temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

Please read The Rules and post accordingly.

Key question to ask residents would be - when was the car there in that spot. Really wish her friend would have searched on Friday evening. Her usual spot is in front of the entrance to a few apartments. Residents of those apartments *should* remember passing her car on the way into their apartment. Or it not being there Friday night/Saturday morning.

Appears she had a fitbit on a lot of the time. Any way to track that down?

attachment.php

For reference. Blue is DS's apartment. Red are mailbox locations. I'm assuming she used the one on the right near the leasing office.

Attachments

• danis.jpg
    danis.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 284
Appears she had a fitbit on a lot of the time. Any way to track that down?

:welcome: to Websleuths. Can you provide confirmation of this (media link)? I haven't heard/read that she wore a fitbit.

attachment.php

For reference. Blue is DS's apartment. Red are mailbox locations. I'm assuming she used the one on the right near the leasing office.

Seems like a long way to go to pick up mail. Maybe folks pull up to mailboxes in their vehicles on their way home? I hope a young woman wouldn't walk alone to the mailbox area when it's dark.

A few slivers of light/information (knowledgeable speculation about timing from the family), along with recapping what's already been released, in this summary from today:

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...y-pleads-answers-danielle-stislicki-s-n695011

So if her car was parked in its "usual spot" per this article, I'd say we can deduce DS put in there. Then mom says she doesn't think DS entered her apt.

That leaves a very very quick time line...gets out of the car, locks it and...........

Thanks, glad to be here. I hope I can help just one person along the way. I noticed the fitbit a few times on her instagram https://www.instagram.com/stinkybummer/.
The last time she is wearing it in a picture is 5w ago. The picture from 1w ago I cannot tell if that's a fitbit or not, but it's small and black. AND then 16w ago is when she says "The day the fitbit dies. Accidental"
I don't personally own one, but I know some people get really into them and they can be synced up with phones to show who is calling, etc. If someone could find info on the last day it was used that could be helpful. Don't fitbits usually have an online log of information (steps, calories burned, etc.?)
:welcome: to Websleuths. Can you provide confirmation of this (media link)? I haven't heard/read that she wore a fitbit.

I would hope so. So I think there's less of a chance that she walked to get mail before stopping inside.

Another reason is if you look at the picture of the keys, there's two bronze/gold colored keys. I'm guessing one for the door and one for the mailbox. Keys were left on the seat. If you walk to the mailbox, taking your keys, you're not going to place them in your car before hoping to head inside.

If someone attacked her while she's walking to/from the mailbox, they're not going to go back to her car, and carefully place them on the seat. (and not take purse with cash/cards)

So if her car was parked in its "usual spot" per this article, I'd say we can deduce DS put in there. Then mom says she doesn't think DS entered her apt.

That leaves a very very quick time line...gets out of the car, locks it and...........

Unless someone was in the vehicle with her and forced her to drive to her apartment...

I would hope so. So I think there's less of a chance that she walked to get mail before stopping inside.

Another reason is if you look at the picture of the keys, there's two bronze/gold colored keys. I'm guessing one for the door and one for the mailbox. Keys were left on the seat. If you walk to the mailbox, taking your keys, you're not going to place them in your car before hoping to head inside.

If someone attacked her while she's walking to/from the mailbox, they're not going to go back to her car, and carefully place them on the seat. (and not take purse with cash/cards)

I thought the keys and cell phone were missing. So this scenario of locking the car and walking to the mailbox sounds very reasonable. I could see her leaving her purse in her locked car. She could have also left them in the car if she was planning on running in quickly to change or grab something before her planned meeting at 5:30.

I thought Danielle's keys were missing? :confused:

<modsnip> DS has been missing for over a week. I'm pretty sure LE has questioned everyone close to DS (friends, family, ex's) and the residents that live in the same complex IMO.

The person who made that comment was on the go fund me page for Danielle (it's the 1st post).
To me, and I assume many others, being in the downtown Detroit area ( where the go find me poster made a comment he may have seen her) and her being by the Windsor border is 2 different things imo. Even though the two are in close proximity.

That might be true. But people putting ideas together is what helps solve things. Simply hoping that LE comes up with the same ideas and information can sometimes be careless. There is only so much time in the day for LE to research and gather info. Others trying to brainstorm and find information can't hurt.
<modsnip> DS has been missing for over a week. I'm pretty sure LE has questioned everyone close to DS (friends, family, ex's) and the residents that live in the same complex IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7