MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard any connection on her friend's end between her missing work and searching for her. From what I gather, the lack of response to messages and calls led the friend to go to her apartment.

No need to answer in thread, Holocene, and I'm sure this has been vetted. But has there been a change in attitude in anyone DS had close to her? Or are their elements of DS's life that she held secretive? Might be something you and your friends/family need to look into.

What I don't understand are the people commenting who haven't read the entire thread to see what information has been released, speculated, debunked, etc... DS has been missing for over a week. I'm pretty sure LE has questioned everyone close to DS (friends, family, ex's) and the residents that live in the same complex IMO.

Stick around long enough and you'll understand that most of us are following many stories at once, and it's impossible to keep up with every single post on every single thread if it is fast-moving. Especially if you also have a full time job you're supposed to be paying attention to ;).

Does a designated spot mean 1 specific spot or just one specific part of the lot? Is it enforced? Does she share a designated parking neighbor who might be more likely to remember if her car was or wasn't there when they parked or left on Friday or Saturday?

Independence Green, due to limited parking, charges residents ~$15 a month just to have a car without an assigned space on the premises. If you'd like an assigned/reserved space, it's another $15 a month on top of the base $15 charge per month to have a car at all.

From what the family has said about that spot being DS's usual spot, sounds like DS was paying the $30 a month extra to have that spot reserved for her alone.

No need to answer in thread, Holocene, and I'm sure this has been vetted. But has there been a change in attitude in anyone DS had close to her? Or are their elements of DS's life that she held secretive? Might be something you and your friends/family need to look into.

Holocene hasn't been verified at all yet fyi

Stick around long enough and you'll understand that most of us are following many stories at once, and it's impossible to keep up with every single post on every single thread if it is fast-moving. Especially if you also have a full time job you're supposed to be paying attention to ;).

Lol no kidding....I can't believe I keep them straight and yet when I try to call one of my kids I have to go down the list of kids and pets lol

Mom says she doesn't think she ever entered the apt, so I'm going to assume there was no mail there from that day. Whatever happened was after she pulled in, got out and stood up straight locking doors....

I am still bringing this back into the mix...Danielle may not have been the one that parked her car. The perp could know her and know where to park it, or perp has her drivers license and returns car to where it belongs. Locks everything down and is gone. We don't know anything about fingerprints on the car..but this is a scenario..that Dani was kidnapped in the parking lot at work, or she stopped a long the way somewhere and was kidnapped then. Perp takes car back a la Jennifer Kessee (tho perp did not park that at her home) Frankly, I'm hoping for this scenario as it increases likelihood that there is video since there was zero at complex.

Reward Reaches $125,000 as Family Pleads for Answers in Danielle Stislicki's Disappearance

Danielle had set plans to meet a close friend for dinner, but she didn't show. The missed dinner appointment was an immediate red flag. But the initial thought was perhaps something came up or that Danielle had simply fallen asleep.

The next day, with text messages left unanswered and phone calls not returned, Danielle's friend decided to go check on her. When she arrived at Danielle's residence at the Independence Green Apartments in Farmington Hills, she discovered her friend's black 2015 Jeep Renegade parked in its usual spot right outside the entrance to her building.

The friend called Danielle's family. Word spread quickly that something was wrong. The authorities were notified. The search began immediately.

And in nine days since, many have made it their mission to find her.

Farmington Hills Police are investigating with assistance from several other law enforcement agencies. Authorities reportedly found Danielle's purse with her wallet and credit cards inside her locked Jeep. The majority of her other belongings were found undisturbed in her apartment, family members said.

There were no signs of a struggle, according to police.

"Everything was there: her cat, her ID, cash, credit cards," Danielle's mother Ann told Dateline. "We don't think she even made it inside her apartment after work."

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...y-pleads-answers-danielle-stislicki-s-n695011

I just sat back and watched 3 videos about this in order to try and come up with any better ideas, including one that ran about a 1/2 hour long with her folks.

I don't think this case is quite as mysterious as it seems on the surface, but we do have a problem that is twofold.
A) Apparently no eye witness saw what she did or where she went after parking her SUV.
B) No surveillance cameras caught anything either.

My initial reaction was that she exited her vehicle and got into a second vehicle that pulled up directly behind her. She planned on being gone just a short time, and thus she took the keys and the phone and left the purse behind, locked up in the car. If that scenario proves to be true, then she obviously knew the person who picked her up. Whether this was a prearranged meet-up or happened just as she pulled up and parked is obviously unknown right now. Phone records may help to verify who she may have been talking to or texting on the way home from work. If the answer to that is no one, then the person who pulled up behind her was most likely another resident of the apartment complex and/or someone who came and went from that apartment complex enough for her to know them.

There may not have been a video camera aimed at the exact area she disappeared from, but I'm sure there are other cameras in other places. The vehicle she got into showed up on one of them, almost guaranteed. The parents talked about her going to have dinner with a " close friend", apparently a female. Is it possible she was intercepted by a third "friend" because this person wasn't happy about the dinner date ? Did someone pick her up so they "could talk"?

I've got this uneasy feeling that the person who is responsible for her disappearance has already been interviewed and given a statement to police. Right now, they simply don't have the evidence, or possibly even a reason, to tie the two of them together. It's going to be someone known to her, and possibly a person that lives at the same complex.

video of her parents here for newbies :

[video=youtube;m1zN6sFGYTM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1zN6sFGYTM[/video]

Independence Green, due to limited parking, charges residents ~$15 a month just to have a car without an assigned space on the premises. If you'd like an assigned/reserved space, it's another $15 a month on top of the base $15 charge per month to have a car at all.

From what the family has said about that spot being DS's usual spot, sounds like DS was paying the $30 a month extra to have that spot reserved for her alone.

Then either she parked it or someone that knows her or watches her put it there.
Definitely not a random crime.
Secret service and DEA are pretty self explanatory for what they specialize in.

[video=youtube;K6Wyk-zUmo4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Wyk-zUmo4[/video]

An abbreviated version of the story by a local news outlet. It pretty much covers the known facts up to this point.

I am still bringing this back into the mix...Danielle may not have been the one that parked her car. The perp could know her and know where to park it, or perp has her drivers license and returns car to where it belongs. Locks everything down and is gone. We don't know anything about fingerprints on the car..but this is a scenario..that Dani was kidnapped in the parking lot at work, or she stopped a long the way somewhere and was kidnapped then. Perp takes car back a la Jennifer Kessee (tho perp did not park that at her home) Frankly, I'm hoping for this scenario as it increases likelihood that there is video since there was zero at complex.

Drivers license doesn't have parking spot number on it. Why would they leave her purse in the car?

I'm not a "young" woman any more, but I haven't driven at night for more than 10 years and don't/won't walk anywhere in the dark. Even though I live in a safe, upscale neighborhood in Oakland County (MI), I'm out of my comfort zone outdoors, alone, in the dark these days. There isn't anywhere I'd go alone at night (or early morning during the winter) any more :(

Same here. I won't drive anywhere at night unless it's an emergency. I don't go out after dark alone. I used to run outside but switched to indoor workouts after having a truck following me while I was running. I'm 54 and I live in a safe neighborhood in Wayne County.

Reward Reaches $125,000 as Family Pleads for Answers in Danielle Stislicki's Disappearance

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...y-pleads-answers-danielle-stislicki-s-n695011

I just sat back and watched 3 videos about this in order to try and come up with any better ideas, including one that ran about a 1/2 long with her folks.

I don't think this case is quite as mysterious as it seems on the surface, but we do have a problem that is twofold.
A) Apparently no eye witness saw what she did or where she went after parking her SUV.
B) No surveillance cameras caught anything either.

My initial reaction was that she exited her vehicle and got into a second vehicle that pulled up directly behind her. She planned on being gone just a short time, and thus she took the keys and the phone and left the purse behind, locked up in the car. If that scenario proves to be true, then she obviously knew the person who picked her up. Whether this was a prearranged meet-up or happened just as she pulled up and parked is obviously unknown right now. Phone records may help to verify who she may have been talking to or texting on the way home from work. If the answer to that is no one, then the person who pulled up behind her was most likely another resident of the apartment complex and/or someone who came and went from to that apartment complex a lot.

There may not have been a video camera aimed at the exact area she disappeared from, but I'm sure there are other cameras in other places. The vehicle she got into showed up on one of them, almost guaranteed. The parents talked about her going to have dinner with a " close friend", apparently a female. Is it possible she was intercepted by a third "friend" because this person wasn't happy about the dinner date ? Did someone pick her up so they "could talk"?

I've got this uneasy feeling that the person who is responsible for her disappearance has already been interviewed and given a statement to police. Right now, they simply don't have the evidence, or possibly even a reason, to tie the two of them together. It's going to be someone known to her, and possibly a person that lives at the same complex.

video of her parents here for newbies :

[video=youtube;m1zN6sFGYTM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1zN6sFGYTM[/video]

Her friend she was going to meet was a life long childhood friend...

Hard to get away from wondering if she popped into someone's car to buy drugs and was taken....

Lol no kidding....I can't believe I keep them straight and yet when I try to call one of my kids I have to go down the list of kids and pets lol

Hahaha! Truth!

Her friend she was going to meet was a life long childhood friend...

Hard to get away from wondering if she popped into someone's car to buy drugs and was taken....

That thought crossed my mind as well.........should be some sort of an electronic trail though showing communication.

It sounds like one specific spot, but I wasn't sure if it was just a common courtesy deal or if it was her designated spot that only she could park in. I've never lived anywhere with public parking or in an apt. :confused:

BBM- Do driver's licenses show the apt # you live at? Would someone not living in the apt. know which apt. building to park at? And then to luck out and park in her spot? All in a short enough time as to not raise suspicions and not be seen by anyone who might know DS and her vehicle. Seems if that's the case, it would have to be someone known to her.

Do we know if reserved parking spots are labeled in any way? It might be a little easier to find a designated spot if it was labeled Reserved for Unit 72 or similar.

I haven't heard any connection on her friend's end between her missing work and searching for her. From what I gather, the lack of response to messages and calls led the friend to go to her apartment.

maybe not on her friend's end, but her family--her mother also worked at Met-Life--mentioned that DS missing work Saturday alarmed them. And I imagine they were the ones to go to the police and sound the alarm.

If I'm DS's family, and all I hear is that DS skipped a dinner with a friend (a friend with some drama in her life) and there's no missed work on Saturday...and her car's at home. Not sure I sound the alarm just yet. DS may have personal reasons for not talking the the friend. Or dead cell-phone battery and she's off doing something somewhere else, with someone else.

Also, I believe she was involved in internet dating to some extent. So maybe she changed plans and went on a date and stayed overnight. etc. That's not what happened. But it seems a more reasonable response to a missed dinner to assume she changed plans than assuming she'd met with foul-play and immediately run to the police--absent the missed work on Saturday.

<modsnip>The movie theatre is at Great Lakes Crossing, that has proven to not be attempted abduction or abduction for human trafficking. Google will turn up a Facebook message from Auburn Hills PD. Other then a car jacking I find nothing that turned up for Great Lakes as far as abductions go.

I've googled left and right to find these abductions at malls in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties I'm not finding lots of abductions. Can you give us mall names where they occurred?

No I sure cannot. I guess when it's labeled a car jacking Snopes or the investigator somehow has insight into the intent of the perps and it ends with that. Rely on what's in the Internet I admit I cannot backup with any hard data so relax at all the MI area shopping malls, you are right. This board is filled with SME I am learning a lot, and value all the insight I am getting.

http://www.thetimesherald.com/story...n-trafficking-real-problem-michigan/79055920/

I'm not aware of a change in Danielle's general demeanor recently, but as for anyone who knows her even tangentially I'm not sure. Definitely won't rule that out. Danielle is a pretty open, positive and very talkative person. On a recent get together, she talked my sister and her friends' ears off for like four hours.

I really am curious about the parking situation you all are mentioning. It's just so...weird. Who put the car there? Did anyone, anyone at all, see or hear anything? Does anyone remember parking next to the car or near the car? If so, when? What happened in that parking lot? Did anything happen in the lot or did it happen somewhere else and then the car found its way back there via someone else? What happened? Every day I feel further from clarity.

My wife (I'm a male by the way (thought I'd clarify because I've seen my name referred to with the female pronoun a couple times)) keeps telling me to step away for a short bit and breathe because I am getting lost in this. She and I used to live in the Windemere apartments which are right next to Independence Green. We moved away two years ago and now I am terrified thinking back. We didn't have security cameras either. My wife went jogging by herself sometimes. She used to tell me she was afraid to go inside by herself sometimes if I wasn't there. I am so glad we are not there anymore. I've been clinging to my one year-old son a little tighter these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse