MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. I won't drive anywhere at night unless it's an emergency. I don't go out after dark alone. I used to run outside but switched to indoor workouts after having a truck following me while I was running. I'm 54 and I live in a safe neighborhood in Wayne County.

Sad we are trapped by fear...I'd guess all of us women feel the same when alone out at night....

Then either she parked it or someone that knows her or watches her put it there.
Definitely not a random crime.
Secret service and DEA are pretty self explanatory for what they specialize in.

Or... Danielle wasn't alone in the car and was forced by a passenger (or someone else drove her in her car to her apt.) to park her car in the usual space, keep quiet, do what she was told, etc.

That thought crossed my mind as well.........should be some sort of an electronic trail though showing communication.

The burner phone makes it a little harder I believe. But it's really hard to picture this any other way. My guess as they delved into her electronics they came up with contacts or associates that made they call in the jurisdictions that they did....they aren't random for sure.

Why would they leave her purse in the car?

To throw off LE. So it looks like whatever happened, happened in the parking lot. Instead of where it really happened. Creates distance. Someone who knows they would be suspected.

maybe not on her friend's end, but her family--her mother also worked at Met-Life--mentioned that DS missing work Saturday alarmed them. And I imagine they were the ones to go to the police and sound the alarm.

If I'm DS's family, and all I hear is that DS skipped a dinner with a friend (a friend with some drama in her life) and there's no missed work on Saturday...and her car's at home. Not sure I sound the alarm just yet. DS may have personal reasons for not talking the the friend. Or dead cell-phone battery and she's off doing something somewhere else, with someone else.

Also, I believe she was involved in internet dating to some extent. So maybe she changed plans and went on a date and stayed overnight. etc. That's not what happened. But it seems a more reasonable response to a missed dinner to assume she changed plans than assuming she'd met with foul-play and immediately run to the police--absent the missed work on Saturday.

But I think it was the friend that sounded the alarm on Saturday when she stopped over after not getting calls or texts returned and found her jeep in its spot and no one at the apt....

But she left work early on Friday....why? Just to go to the dinner? Seems odd if so...she had another stop or meeting prior IMO, perhaps some weed....

The burner phone makes it a little harder I believe. But it's really hard to picture this any other way. My guess as they delved into her electronics they came up with contacts or associates that made they call in the jurisdictions that they did....they aren't random for sure.

I'm guessing the "Find My Phone" app wouldn't apply to this case? :D

A tiny bit off topic.......but very interesting to sleuthers, both veterans and rookies.

You might find something you want to pursue here.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...ssing-america-65-people-still-missing-n691281

I see Jessica Heeringa and Heather Elvis there, both cases have pretty much been solved. JH remains have not been found, but HE was, correct?

ETA: HE was never found. I thought she had. So many of those cases seem to point to an obvious suspect(s). Glad to see some resulted in convictions.

But I think it was the friend that sounded the alarm on Saturday when she stopped over after not getting calls or texts returned and found her jeep in its spot and no one at the apt....

But she left work early on Friday....why? Just to go to the dinner? Seems odd if so...she had another stop or meeting prior IMO, perhaps some weed....
It's also December and she could have some vacation time to use.

Also with weed, many dispensaries in that area and easy to get a card.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm not aware of a change in Danielle's general demeanor recently, but as for anyone who knows her even tangentially I'm not sure. Definitely won't rule that out. Danielle is a pretty open, positive and very talkative person. On a recent get together, she talked my sister and her friends' ears off for like four hours.

I really am curious about the parking situation you all are mentioning. It's just so...weird. Who put the car there? Did anyone, anyone at all, see or hear anything? Does anyone remember parking next to the car or near the car? If so, when? What happened in that parking lot? Did anything happen in the lot or did it happen somewhere else and then the car found its way back there via someone else? What happened? Every day I feel further from clarity.

My wife (I'm a male by the way (thought I'd clarify because I've seen my name referred to with the female pronoun a couple times)) keeps telling me to step away for a short bit and breathe because I am getting lost in this. She and I used to live in the Windemere apartments which are right next to Independence Green. We moved away two years ago and now I am terrified thinking back. We didn't have security cameras either. My wife went jogging by herself sometimes. She used to tell me she was afraid to go inside by herself sometimes if I wasn't there. I am so glad we are not there anymore. I've been clinging to my one year-old son a little tighter these days.

Totally thought you were a female! Not for any particular reason other than you seem to know Danielle, a woman, well, so I assumed you were a girlfriend.

Would it be possible to take note of any missing signs for DS at the apartment complex? There was a comment on the FDS FB page that they had been removed, could be rumor, but could be very concerning. IMO

I have tomorrow off, I'm going to see what the activity is around that complex at that time of day. Friday caveats apply, routines change a little, but hopefully it gives a picture of the available parking spots at that time.

I would think the family would have to be the ones to involve the police/sound the alarm.

it's not clear, but my guess is the friend contacted DS's family Saturday and at that point the mother checked to see if DS had made it into work that day and then the alarm was sounded.

somehow I don't see the police being receptive to someone unrelated to a 28 year old adult coming in and and saying 'i got stood up for dinner, i think this person's missing.'

I'm not aware of a change in Danielle's general demeanor recently, but as for anyone who knows her even tangentially I'm not sure. Definitely won't rule that out. Danielle is a pretty open, positive and very talkative person. On a recent get together, she talked my sister and her friends' ears off for like four hours.

I really am curious about the parking situation you all are mentioning. It's just so...weird. Who put the car there? Did anyone, anyone at all, see or hear anything? Does anyone remember parking next to the car or near the car? If so, when? What happened in that parking lot? Did anything happen in the lot or did it happen somewhere else and then the car found its way back there via someone else? What happened? Every day I feel further from clarity.

My wife (I'm a male by the way (thought I'd clarify because I've seen my name referred to with the female pronoun a couple times)) keeps telling me to step away for a short bit and breathe because I am getting lost in this. She and I used to live in the Windemere apartments which are right next to Independence Green. We moved away two years ago and now I am terrified thinking back. We didn't have security cameras either. My wife went jogging by herself sometimes. She used to tell me she was afraid to go inside by herself sometimes if I wasn't there. I am so glad we are not there anymore. I've been clinging to my one year-old son a little tighter these days.

BBM- Would she talk to a stranger if they were polite to her? Maybe someone at the apt. building (not necessarily someone living there) or a random person at a gas station/store/etc? Would she talk about personal things? I'm wondering if she could have inadvertently given out too much info to someone either directly or someone overheard a conversation. Maybe a man perceived her innocent conversation as flirting and got the wrong idea and when turned down, got upset?

I thought it seemed a bit odd she would skip out early to go to a friends for dinner since she was planning on spending the night, so no real rush to have dinner ready at a certain time. How close was said friend's house? Was it the usual for her to spend the night with friends? It seems odd to have a sleepover if you live nearby and it seems weird to plan a sleepover if you have to get up early in the morning for work (especially if not nearby). Maybe she just planned on drinking a couple of glasses of wine and is being super responsible.

Based on her mother's comment about her having left work "a little early" on Friday, I thought it had more to do with the fact that Danielle was going in on Saturday morning to conduct a training session. Perhaps most MetLife employees don't usually work on weekends, so it wasn't out of the ordinary that Danielle left a little early on Friday since she was working on Saturday.

Would it be possible to take note of any missing signs for DS at the apartment complex? There was a comment on the FDS FB page that they had been removed, could be rumor, but could be very concerning. IMO

Wasn't that rumor from the crazy lady?

What was interesting is a few people thought she had been located...

I would think the family would have to be the ones to involve the police/sound the alarm.

it's not clear, but my guess is the friend contacted DS's family Saturday and at that point the mother checked to see if DS had made it into work that day and then the alarm was sounded.

somehow I don't see the police being receptive to someone unrelated to a 28 year old adult coming in and and saying 'i got stood up for dinner, i think this person's missing.'

My bad I meant that the friend contacted her family...not police

In the case of a missing adult, isn't it customary for LE to not begin to consider the person "missing" until they are gone for 48 hours without usual contact with family/friends?

My bad I meant that the friend contacted her family...not police

oh yeah, that's how read the reports too. thankfully her friend was worried. sounds like missing work alone wasn't enough to raise any concerns. or at least DS missing work wasn't known to anyone who'd be concerned until DS's friend expressed her concern about the missed dinner/not being able to get in touch with DS to her family. That's a good, thoughtful friend.

Yeah usually it's just people that stalk you in Pinterest you have to worry about [emoji6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outsidecreativ