MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found an Etsy account under her nickname. Not sure if it's her or not, but they do have an interesting "shop" favorited.

Just drove around the complex a little. If someone were waiting for her, it'd be easy to hide. Very dark area on the side of the building not more than 15 feet from her parking spot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

But time was different no? If she got home about 5 wasn't it more dusk than dark? How is the spot marked? Numbered randomly?

Also, no traffic cam facing south on Halsted & Grand River.

Parking lot of the complex was relatively populated with cars. And horribly plowed. Decently lit.

Maybe I'm just picking words apart, but why does the article state, "The majority of her items were found undistirbed in her apartment, family members said.". Doesn't that imply something was disturbed?

i caught that too, but thought that maybe it was just poor wording. However, maybe it is not. If that is the case, it would mean that she and possibly someone else made it into her apartment that night.

I'll go by tomorrow at roughly the same time with regard to sunset and let you know. Even on a sunny day, with sun setting in the west, I'm guessing the side of the building nearest where her car is sitting in photo is well shaded.

^^^^^^^ this police quote.....I can't wrap my head around it still.

They seem to KNOW the why....
Ive been thinking about that statement too. On one hand it seems they know the why. But they could also be saying....it doesnt matter why she might have left, we just want to know thay she is safe. As in, she is an adult and can leave voluntarily without answering to anyone, but we (and her family) want to know she is safe. given that they dont have signs if foul play....maybe they thought saying that would bring a phone call from her or someone who knows that she is ok.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Depends on the fit bit. Most don't have gps and I'm not sure her phone was capable of syncing it since it was a burner? Plus their batteries die quickly....

A "burner" phone should be able to do everything a normal phone can do assuming it was a smartphone. It would be up to the person with the phone how much they wanted to sync with it.

I found an Etsy account under her nickname. Not sure if it's her or not, but they do have an interesting "shop" favorited.

I'd say that keeps with my drug related theory

Good find

I saw that two days ago and was going to mention it, but decided against it in case they used to sell items not related to smoking and there is no way of telling when she favorite-d it, if she ever purchased anything for herself or a friend, or if she could possibly know the person who runs the shop. That being said, I'd say it's safe to assume she's at least not anti-marijuana.

Hi Sleuths, I'm a new poster but long time lurker. This case has touched my soul in a way I could never imagine. Maybe because I'm local and have a daughter just a bit younger who also lives on her own.
The previous poster mentioned an Etsy account, and I thought I'd go take a look, so I googled the nickname "stinkybummer" and found this while looking for that:

http://stinkybummer.deviantart.com/art/so-sick-34466820

Looks like Danielle was an artist of sorts. Check it out and see what you think. The one image is pretty disturbing.

Good grief that's dark, kinda gives us a whole new insight...the website name itself is crazy

Welcome to WS!!

Great find...would definitely agree the one favorited shop is interesting. What has been making me second guess the drug theory is that in Michigan you can get a card for medical marijuana and from what I have been told by friends they are pretty easy to get. Most of my friends who are 30 something professionals
have gotten their card to protect their job and because the medical marijuana is supposedly better than the street stuff. So why would a seemingly nice, sweet professional continue to smoke under the radar when she could do so legally? Not doubting anyone's theories, just looking for theories of why.

At that time of day on a Friday keep in mind traffic is very heavy in that area, we don't know what time she arrived home, if she made any stops. I leave work at 5pm it's light 10 minutes down the road it's dark. 10 minutes down the road at that time is similar traffic is no more then 2 miles from work.

Sorry missgulfsouth, meant no obfuscation. I am basing my working theory on academia, contacts, and professional life of 25 years. Mods have stats but honestly, only reasons i am here is because i work within a mile of this woman, and based on my background and personal beliefs want to offer pro bono help--and not just myself, other Michiganders. My point is that based on my PERSONAL experience SNOPES is NOT the best souce of information on human trafficking in Michigan. I posted some alternative sources. I do now want to argue--if you disagree that its not factor and Michigan is safe and free from this plight OK.

Great find...would definitely agree the one favorited shop is interesting. What has been making me second guess the drug theory is that in Michigan you can get a card for medical marijuana and from what I have been told by friends they are pretty easy to get. Most of my friends who are 30 something professionals
have gotten their card to protect their job and because the medical marijuana is supposedly better than the street stuff. So why would a seemingly nice, sweet professional continue to smoke under the radar when she could do so legally? Not doubting anyone's theories, just looking for theories of why.

A Medical Marijuana card will not necessarily protect your job.
An employer can prohibit use whether you have a card or not.
I know this first-hand, in Michigan.

Hi Sleuths, I'm a new poster but long time lurker. This case has touched my soul in a way I could never imagine. Maybe because I'm local and have a daughter just a bit younger who also lives on her own.
The previous poster mentioned an Etsy account, and I thought I'd go take a look, so I googled the nickname "stinkybummer" and found this while looking for that:

http://stinkybummer.deviantart.com/art/so-sick-34466820

Looks like Danielle was an artist of sorts. Check it out and see what you think. The one image is pretty disturbing.

Wonder who the "I miss you" drawing is about.....

Even if she was smoking under the radar, no need at her age in that area to be dealing with major drug dealers. It's so easy to come by even without your own medical card.

A Medical Marijuana card will not necessarily protect your job.
An employer can prohibit use whether you have a card or not.
I know this first-hand, in Michigan.

i know that...my hubby couldn't smoke with or without a card due to his job, but anything I kind find on MetLife's drug/alcohol policy for employees only seems to outline drug/alcohol use during work hours, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste