MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe it came from the "profiler", if that's what you mean. But it's not the first time I've seen reports of missing fliers being taken down.

Wasn't that rumor from the crazy lady?

What was interesting is a few people thought she had been located...

In the case of a missing adult, isn't it customary for LE to not begin to consider the person "missing" until they are gone for 48 hours without usual contact with family/friends?

I think you're right, the fabled "48 hour" rule is more custom than actual law. But, yeah, I can't imagine the police would be too responsive to non-family reporting someone missing who'd only been out of touch for a day. Probably non-related persons reporting would need to have some time pass before the police would take much action on the report. And then they'd probably follow up with family, employers and whomever to validate the report.

Not the situation here, as far as we can deduce from the reports. as jdj125 noted, the reports indicate the friend first became worried and likely conveyed her concern to the family who went to the police

I noticed that too. She has one on in a lot of her instagram pictures.

Is she a runner? Maybe she went for a workout....

(Please say no...I can't deal with another abducted while running mystery)

Totally thought you were a female! Not for any particular reason other than you seem to know Danielle, a woman, well, so I assumed you were a girlfriend.
Haha, all good. I guess I never clarified that in the beginning. I grew up with two sisters and my mom so I tend to prefer the company of women anyway to be honest. I only have a small handful of male friends for this very reason. The ones I do have are close and are pretty similar.
BBM- Would she talk to a stranger if they were polite to her? Maybe someone at the apt. building (not necessarily someone living there) or a random person at a gas station/store/etc? Would she talk about personal things? I'm wondering if she could have inadvertently given out too much info to someone either directly or someone overheard a conversation. Maybe a man perceived her innocent conversation as flirting and got the wrong idea and when turned down, got upset?
Actually, yeah...that is possible. She's a pretty open book. When friends and family say she's a kind, sweet person, they really do mean it. "Give someone the shirt off your back" kind of person.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant44 View Post
Appears she had a fitbit on a lot of the time. Any way to track that down?

I noticed that too. She has one on in a lot of her instagram pictures.

this sounds like a promising tip. maybe Holocene or someone with a connection to the family/investigation could pass it along to the appropriate people. they might already have it, but it's not something i've seen mentioned anywhere else.

cuz if the scenario were to be something like DS gets into a car with her eventual abductors, and she has her cell-phone with her and fitbit on-- say they drive her to some other location before they take away her cell-phone and maybe take away the fit bit, the fitbit could have registered/saved that location or locations along the way.

of course then they might well be able to track the cell phone pings, if it turns out the burner phone she had is trackable. but i believe the fitbit works off of GPS, not just cell tower pings; which should provide a more accurate location. (assuming she had a gps capable device with gps enabled etc, which "burner" phone doesn't sound promising in that respect)

Haha, all good. I guess I never clarified that in the beginning. I grew up with two sisters and my mom so I tend to prefer the company of women anyway to be honest. I only have a small handful of male friends for this very reason. The ones I do have are close and are pretty similar.
Actually, yeah...that is possible. She's a pretty open book. When friends and family say she's a kind, sweet person, they really do mean it. "Give someone the shirt off your back" kind of person.

You did mention your "wife" early on, but that can have alternative meanings these days ;) The women in your life are lucky to have you :)

Has it been mentioned what time she was expected at the friend's house to make dinner? Does this friend live nearby, or was DS going to be headed to the opposite side of town?
Were these plans made a week ahead of time, or something that was decided upon on Friday while DS was already at work?
Regardless, it sounds like she wasn't prepared for the visit if she left work (a little early) and headed home to pack... unless something she planned on taking with her wasn't available or delivered until after she had already left that morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this sounds like a promising tip. maybe Holocene or someone with a connection to the family/investigation could pass it along to the appropriate people. they might already have it, but it's not something i've seen mentioned anywhere else.

cuz if the scenario were to be something like DS gets into a car with her eventual abductors, and she has her cell-phone with her and fitbit on-- say they drive her to some other location before they take away her cell-phone and maybe take away the fit bit, the fitbit could have registered that location or locations along the way.

of course then they might well be able to track the cell phone pings, if it turns out the burner phone she had is trackable. but i believe the fitbit works off of GPS, not just cell tower pings; which should provide a more accurate location.

Depends on the fit bit. Most don't have gps and I'm not sure her phone was capable of syncing it since it was a burner? Plus their batteries die quickly....

Is she a runner? Maybe she went for a workout....

(Please say no...I can't deal with another abducted while running mystery)

Perish that thought! The murder of Alexandra Bruegger (Holly, MI area) has yet to be resolved. Another local case for me. Shot in the back while jogging in daylight!

Perish that thought! The murder of Alexandra Bruegger (Holly, MI area) has yet to be resolved. Another local case for me. Shot in the back while jogging in daylight!

I've been following 3 (!!) jogging related ones,..thank god for treadmills...I'll never jog again.

Im glad police don't just rely on Snopes for facts. Things do happen that don't appear on net but I'm not going to argue. You are correct, Michigan is not the second highest state in US for organizational human trafficking. I going to take the alternative hypothesis to your null on this, and have academic, professional and personal creds to back. Mods have this but I generally HATE posting to net for this very reason: it is horrible self-correcting investigative method process because of white noise. Nothing is resolved in same manner as a legal trier of fact ie standard or proof includes all manner is bs.

Maybe I'm just picking words apart, but why does the article state, "The majority of her items were found undistirbed in her apartment, family members said.". Doesn't that imply something was disturbed?

How often did Danielle have family members visit her apartment for them to know what was or wasn't undisturbed? She lives alone, and her parents live in another community probably about 50 miles away. Do her siblings visit regularly enough to know if something is out of place? :waitasec:

Im glad police don't just rely on Snopes for facts. Things do happen that don't appear on net but I'm not going to argue. You are correct, Michigan is not the second highest state in US for organizational human trafficking. I going to take the alternative hypothesis to your null on this, and have academic, professional and personal creds to back. Mods have this but I generally HATE posting to net for this very reason: it is horrible self-correcting investigative method process because of white noise. Nothing is resolved in same manner as a legal trier of fact ie standard or proof includes all manner is bs.

Ok I'm lost.

How often did Danielle have family members visit her apartment for them to know what was or wasn't undisturbed? She lives alone, and her parents live in another community probably about 50 miles away. Do her siblings visit regularly enough to know if something is out of place? :waitasec:

Good point, although that statement is strange! Like I said, I'm probably reading between the lines too much!

Just drove around the complex a little. If someone were waiting for her, it'd be easy to hide. Very dark area on the side of the building not more than 15 feet from her parking spot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just drove around the complex a little. If someone were waiting for her, it'd be easy to hide. Very dark area on the side of the building not more than 15 feet from her parking spot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I love sleuthy sleuths who risk life and limb to get all the facts ... very cloak and dagger, right up my alley. Thanks for checking it out!

The NET is not the be all end all of knowledge, but it is amazing tool. This site is example. I occupy same category as a journalist legally, but I wish I had found out about this site years ago because there are great collaborative ideas here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahearn