MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
$120,000 reward and climbing...again very unusual case.

Crimedar.com worth a shot to check out: http://www.crimedar.com/

Farmington and Farmington Hills don't participate. Redford Twp and Birmingham participate. Logs reflect the different types of crime in that area

I mean no disrespect, but I'm just not sure that the pre-trial hearing being moved from Dec 6th to Dec 13th is relevant to Danielle. I went back and looked at the attachments on page 12 of this thread. Originally there was a jury trial that was reset from March of 2016 to April of 2016 to May of 2016 and then cancelled in June of 2016. From there the pre-trial hearing was supposed to happen in August of 2016 but then it was reset to October of 2016 and ultimately cancelled in October of 2016. Then it starts back up again in November of 2016, it was set for the 4th of November and reset by the court to the 8th of November. Once again, as you noted, it was set for December 6th and then moved to Dec the 13th. The latest information is that its now scheduled for Feb. 27th 2017. It seems this is the norm where lots of dates are scheduled but ultimately they keep getting bumped up either due to request by the defense or prosecution. It's interesting information nonetheless and a great find on your part, I just don't see any relevance to Danielle.

I think you have a very valid point as I am not sure if there is any connection whatsoever between Danielle's disappearance and a pre-trial hearing being pushed back a week.

My thinking was along the lines of "Maybe Danielle was scheduled to take part in the hearing, in one capacity or another, and since she did not -or rather was not able to :(- show up, they had to move it back." I also wondered if the defendant somehow suspected Danielle was going to say something that would be detrimental to his defense at the hearing and had someone do something to her, to stop her from testifying against him. But as you pointed out, there have been so many continuances in the case, I do agree it is more likely this was just another postponement unrelated to Danielle's disappearance.

And as far as Department of Correction goes, if LE is suspecting anyone with prior criminal history and/or criminal connections, it would make sense for them to reach out to the DOC for assistance.

Just wanted to make sure no stones were left unturned.

$120,000 reward and climbing...again very unusual case.

I've followed the cases of many missing young women - quite a few in Michigan, actually - and don't recall there ever being such a vast amount of reward money offered. :waitasec:

I've followed the cases of many missing young women - quite a few in Michigan, actually - and don't recall there ever being such a vast amount of reward money offered. :waitasec:

Ha ha...just one recently [emoji6] and it wasn't MI

But in all seriousness, most struggle to get $2500

Holocene said:
I keep seeing people post this. While I understand the definition of "undercover", Danielle was not some undercover government agent or informant. She was just a person like any of us.

Well, isn't that the entire concept? You aren't supposed to know. I think this is a very probable situation in this case because of the agencies involved.

this angle is currently the front-runner in my limited take on things. too many agencies. too much silence, too limited of information (which could be a bit of prospective CYA by LE in case DS was an informant and somehow her status as an informant leaked to the wrong people)

Explained a bit up thread how DEA/SONIC types go about tapping select people to be informants (reposted here below).

Not everyone they bust will they offer the informant deal to. They're looking for sharp, level-headed people and often people who are outside the stereotypical drug-user and with a lot to lose should they get rung up on even simple possession charges.

Hadn't thought of that. What the narcotics/DEA types do is when they bust a low-level user they think could be useful helping them capture a bigger fish is try to pressure them into working with LE to bust their provider/dealer/other users; and so on up the food chain. You won't even have a record of being arrested, if you agree to cooperate.

you get picked up by local LE for having some amount of illegal substances, cuffed, taken down to the station; and before they officially book you, someone or couple of guys from the drug task force come in the room and offer you the deal, if they feel you're the type that could help them.

No idea if that's this situation. But if something like that was going on with DS, it'd explain why someone whose livelihood was slanging narcotics--or someone in their gang, cuz all drug distribution these days is controlled by gangs--would have an interest in making DS disappear.

And when they cut the new informant loose after the informant agrees to provide information (and that's really all it usually is, staged buys involving informants are very rare, mostly unnecessary, except for larger quantity busts/deals) they tell them NOT to change their routine. Keep buying and smoking pot. But, when the informant does, they are to note down whatever information they can: names, cars, locations, phone numbers etc etc and provide that to LE.

In the meantime, the DEA or SONIC or whomever the informant's attached to, still has their original arrest jacket (which was never formally charged or even booked, so there's no public record of it...at that time) and if the informant doesn't play ball after agreeing to (and you don't have to agree to it), they'll turn their file over to the original LE agency to pursue the original charges.

It's kind of like how the Russians in Red Dawn tagged the one 'WOLVERINE' who they caught sneaking back into town to see his gf or whatever he was doing in town and the released him back to Patrick Swayze's group out in the hills.

I feel like the big reward money cases are starting to become commonplace, and expected. The more often we see big money rewards, I feel we'll start seeing more big money disappearances.

just some random thoughts.

I feel like the big reward money cases are starting to become commonplace, and expected. The more often we see big money rewards, I feel we'll start seeing more big money disappearances.

just some random thoughts.

Good point. And why the US has, or at least had, until a recent exchange of money for prisoners with Iran, a strict policy of not paying ransom for American hostages taken overseas.

In contrast, Italy is well-known for paying ransom for its citizens taken hostage abroad. And so, naturally, Italian citizens traveling the globe often become kidnap victims.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/30/...ens-europe-becomes-al-qaedas-patron.html?_r=0

And it's illegal, according to the current DOJ, for private American citizens to arrange and pay private ransom to overseas kidnappers of Americans. This despite the US doing the Iran deal and the probably-shouldn't-have-done-it swap of Taliban fighters for that Bowe Bergdahl feller.

Has anyone looked at similar missing persons cases in Wayne, Oakland, Washtenaw, or Livingston County over maybe the last 5 years? Since LE is not giving us much to go on, maybe we need to start looking for connections ourselves. Maybe the unusual amount of LE agencies from the beginning is because one of them already noticed a pattern. Just a thought...

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate this community. Glad I found it.
Hopefully you can find some peace knowing that we/websleuths truly want to bring Danielle home, as you do.

Questions may be asked but it is only to rule out or help piece together what may have happened. There is no judging as I am sure many of us here have a past. A past that hooefully can be used to bringing loved ones home.

Hoping every a.m. when we come to websleuths to see those two words...Found Safe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I wish this many people were helping look for my cousin when she was missing. But it ended up being too late for her anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hugs (((Tssiemer)))

Hello everyone, I'm new to web sleuth as a user as well. I've been following this case and have posted Danielle's post up on my facebook wall as well. I've been praying for her daily. I don't know her personally, but this has got me a bit nervous and scared. I live about 10 minutes from her in Farmington Hills but on the other side near Middlebelt Rd. I can tell you for those who aren't familiar with the area, Farmington Hills is a nice family oriented area. But, it's also a city that shuts down early I.e. liquor stores, department stores, etc. And it can be very dark around the residential areas once night time fall. I even make sure that I'm watching my back when I get off work which is usually dark when I get home. I'm actually in the process of moving to an apartment in Southfield that has security 24/7 to enter as guests or a key fob. Also, there are retired cops who are security and they live on site. People think that things don't happen in the suburbs and they do. I will also say, that Farmington Hills police is always out and patrolling the area. The Farmington Hills police station is on Orchard Lake at 11 mile Rd which would be about 10 min from Danielle. She could have taken many routes home depending on where she was stopping..sounds to me like she was a private person because how is it that your friend wait until the next day to see if you're OK and you two were suppose to be meeting that day and she was basically on her way to you shortly?? Maybe I'm missing something but I would have been over my friend place that SAME day!!! Also, I was on a Facebook thread where a young lady commented and said that she lived at the same complex, and said that same Friday during 5:30/6 pm she was on the phone but had a very weird encounter with a guy in the parking lot. She said she didn't think anything of it, but reported it to the police a few days later Sunday. She has had about 3 interviews with the police since then. I don't know what the encounter was. Last, nobody has mentioned this, but there is also a well known skating ring across the street called Bonaventure. I use to take my son there when he was about 10/11 yrs old and a whole lot of teenagers would be there from all over. I stopped my son from going there because it started getting ghetto. So, hopefully the police looked into possibly camera footage from there as well. I'm from Detroit. Grew up there and went to all Detroit public schools. My only child is now a Freshmen at Western. It doesn't matter where you grow up as long as you do something with what you've been taught. The important question on our minds at this time should be: where is Danielle? Why didn't anyone see anything? Probably because in the suburbs unlike the city, people go about their business and don't have that closeness that I grew up with in the neighborhood. I pray that she is found well and alive. I think about her every day wondering if she's OK. This is so heartbreaking and I can't imagine what her mom is going through and her family. I believe the police know some things, but can't tell us because again they don't want the perpetrator to know. I truly appreciate everyone's responses and how everyone is responding with class. This is the best thread that I've read in years. I'm like everyone else, praying that she's found today and OK.
Welcome NishaGirl. There are wonderful people on here/websleuths.

Oh and Holocene, there is currently 43 users on this thread as I type this right now. 14 members and 29 guests. It appears that sweet Danielle has caused quite the stir! She will be home in no time with this attention. Everyone is looking for her.
Always more guests than users?!?

Understandably difficult for family/friends to read discussions/speculation of their missing loved ones being involved in these things; even theoretical speculation, as is the case here, as we have zero confirmation DS was involved in any sort of illegal/quasi-illegal activity.

It can be detrimental to finding out what happened if family/friends/loved ones obstinately refuse to acknowledge or consider all of the possibilities--esp when there's some information pointing to a particular, somewhat unsavory possibility having legitimacy.

Some folks down in Bloomington felt that Lauren Spierer's parents refusal to acknowledge that their daughter might've been a regular drug user made the public and private investigations into Lauren's disappearance more difficult.

One of the more refreshingly direct and honest approaches by a parent to their daughter's disappearance, and how her daughter's behavior led to her disappearing, can be heard on this new-to-me UnFound podcast; which has an extensive interview with Jessica Foster's mother Glendene Grant:

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/unfoundpodcast/episodes/2016-09-24T10_06_11-07_00

the above episode of that podcast is also a very detailed inside look at how sex traffickers trick young women into the lifestyle--and then how they keep them there--even when the girls affirmatively want to get out.

[the above podcast is not necessarily related to this case, beyond a mother talking about trying to find out what happened to her missing daughter. i.e., i don't think DS's disappearance has any nexus to sex trafficking]

Has anyone looked at similar missing persons cases in Wayne, Oakland, Washtenaw, or Livingston County over maybe the last 5 years? Since LE is not giving us much to go on, maybe we need to start looking for connections ourselves. Maybe the unusual amount of LE agencies from the beginning is because one of them already noticed a pattern. Just a thought...

good thought and more likely than the drug informant angle IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member