MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think we will see more murder trials in cases where the bodies haven't been found?

I've followed cold cases that were decades old, but never in a systematic way. In general, it seems like cases are getting resolved more quickly than they were even five or ten years ago, but the no-body cases are still tough, and it may be that more murderers are hiding the bodies now that everyone knows about DNA evidence. Fortunately, Michigan is one of the States where some prosecutors are willing to take on no-body cases. I hope we can get to the point where someone's sudden disappearance from the world under suspicious circumstances will be treated as strong enough evidence of death to bring murder charges.

I would argue that most prosecutors will take on no body cases but only when there is a strong case of circumstantial evidence, especially when including DNA. It is a very dangerous slope to start charging individuals with murder when the evidence is not strong, with or without a body. You get one shot and you don't want to charge with a likely case of reasonable doubt with a jury OR convict the wrong person. In this case, LE may have circumstantial evidence with DNA linkage but they have not released that nor even named a person of interest or suspect so to presume the prosecutor just doesn't want to take on no body cases seems misguided. Jmo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The forensic classes at our University have learned of new testing, new techniques and new ways of looking at crime scenes for clues. This, they believe, will be more effective than ever to be able to prosecute with no body.

This gives me great hope.

I believe there will be answers for Danielle's disappearance but it will take much longer than we think.

Just wanted also to express my gratitude to you all for your great compassion in this case .

I sincerely feel honored to be a part of this thread and that is because of all of you.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

I truly feel this case will not go cold. Experiencing what I am right now with detectives and the legal process I know that families are informed 60% approx of details and some things must only be known by the detectives. An excruciating process where one waits to hear the ring tone that you set for the head detective and pick up and they state " we have him" or"we found her"... many prayers for Dani and her family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear Karmabus,

I think of you often and send out a prayer and good thoughts.

Every time I see your name I smile because mine is so similar :smile:

We are hoping and praying for answers and results in your brother's case.

Praying for love and comfort to surround you and your family.

I have started seeds indoors to plant in my fairy garden. (My daughter when she was younger would leave notes for the fairies).

For Danielle, this Spring I have found beautiful flower seeds that when they bloom, they will have the loveliest, most cheerful blooms that will represent this wonderful young woman's personality and all whom she loves so greatly!

These flowers are known to attract hummingbirds, bees and butterflies. This year they will also represent love.

I have started seeds indoors to plant in my fairy garden. (My daughter when she was younger would leave notes for the fairies).

For Danielle, this Spring I have found beautiful flower seeds that when they bloom, they will have the loveliest, most cheerful blooms that will represent this wonderful young woman's personality and all whom she loves so greatly!

These flowers are known to attract hummingbirds, bees and butterflies. This year they will also represent love.

What a beautiful idea! I am attempting a fairy garden in an old pedestal bird feeder this year (if it ever warms up here) and if you don't mind, I am going to tag-along your idea and make it in honor of Danielle.
I just feel like she is 'our girl', and think of her every single day. I love this WS 'family' of mine.

Y'all are the nicest people, honestly. Glad to have met you.

Honored to have met you! There sure are quite a few wonderful people in this world. Just knowing that makes me smile.

Zen AND Midge...I think that is a BEAUTIFUL Idea !! I may join this tribute to Danielle, as I would LOVE a fairy garden but I do NOT have a green thumb so we shall see.

Just popping in to check for any updates as I am still praying and hoping we hear something soon.

I live about 1 hour away and when I travel that way, I think of her !!

Do you think we will see more murder trials in cases where the bodies haven't been found?

I've followed cold cases that were decades old, but never in a systematic way. In general, it seems like cases are getting resolved more quickly than they were even five or ten years ago, but the no-body cases are still tough, and it may be that more murderers are hiding the bodies now that everyone knows about DNA evidence. Fortunately, Michigan is one of the States where some prosecutors are willing to take on no-body cases. I hope we can get to the point where someone's sudden disappearance from the world under suspicious circumstances will be treated as strong enough evidence of death to bring murder charges.

I do believe we will see more cases tried now and in the future where a body is not needed. I think technology has in some cases been indisputable and will continue to improve, bearing as much weight as DNA. I think DS will get justice and be an instance of technology DNA and someone soon will be tried for her demise. I'm hoping I'm right. [emoji4]

I do believe we will see more cases tried now and in the future where a body is not needed. I think technology has in some cases been indisputable and will continue to improve, bearing as much weight as DNA. I think DS will get justice and be an instance of technology DNA and someone soon will be tried for her demise. I'm hoping I'm right. [emoji4]

Someone that my husband knew disappeared under suspicious circumstances (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ards-guilty*/page3&highlight=leyla+namiranian) and the prosecutor was able to secure a conviction without her body. They had cell phone pings showing a man she dated was near her house, journal entries of hers saying he had threatened her, and the testimony of a friend saying she was afraid of him. Her body has still not be found, but at least her family has justice. Much of the information that they had was not known by the public until the trial. I hold out hope that if DS is no longer alive, that her killer will be convicted even if she is never found. I think law enforcement has more evidence than we know.

Someone that my husband knew disappeared under suspicious circumstances (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ards-guilty*/page3&highlight=leyla+namiranian) and the prosecutor was able to secure a conviction without her body. They had cell phone pings showing a man she dated was near her house, journal entries of hers saying he had threatened her, and the testimony of a friend saying she was afraid of him. Her body has still not be found, but at least her family has justice. Much of the information that they had was not known by the public until the trial. I hold out hope that if DS is no longer alive, that her killer will be convicted even if she is never found. I think law enforcement has more evidence than we know.

I can't agree with you more. Even in the last year technology has evolved so much and Oakland County isn't an area that is a small town. It's hard to even compare past cases/situations, because phone records and video surveillance has become so advanced that most can't even comprehend the magnitude of it.

I can't agree with you more. Even in the last year technology has evolved so much and Oakland County isn't an area that is a small town. It's hard to even compare past cases/situations, because phone records and video surveillance has become so advanced that most can't even comprehend the magnitude of it.
I think they have some data from cell phone pings, but that's just a hunch. The fact that they do not want searches makes me think they have a theory about where she is. I know that the city of Detroit is in the process of demolishing abandoned houses; I hope those houses are thoroughly searched prior to demolition.

I peek in often. We really need a break in this case. Feel such sadness for the family.

I think they have some data from cell phone pings, but that's just a hunch. The fact that they do not want searches makes me think they have a theory about where she is. I know that the city of Detroit is in the process of demolishing abandoned houses; I hope those houses are thoroughly searched prior to demolition.

IF the security guard murdered her and made her body disappear, I agree with you that the police probably have an idea how he disposed of the body. And this may be the reason why they do not support any search parties. The security guard would have had a lot of time, and the body could be anywhere.

I do not think he left her body in an abandoned building in Detroit. Those abandoned buildings are in residential neighborhoods and the risk of being seen would be too much. I think he would rather have gone to an area that is not much populated, possibly hours away from where he lives. Even if he had been seen driving north for example, it would not prove anything, because he could have some excuse for it (hiking, hunting, or whatever Michiganders do up north...)

I had to drop in and see if there was any news. It seems like the search of the house on Oxford Road was last real news we had. I would have thought the testing would have revealed something by now.

IF the security guard murdered her and made her body disappear, I agree with you that the police probably have an idea how he disposed of the body. And this may be the reason why they do not support any search parties. The security guard would have had a lot of time, and the body could be anywhere.

I do not think he left her body in an abandoned building in Detroit. Those abandoned buildings are in residential neighborhoods and the risk of being seen would be too much. I think he would rather have gone to an area that is not much populated, possibly hours away from where he lives. Even if he had been seen driving north for example, it would not prove anything, because he could have some excuse for it (hiking, hunting, or whatever Michiganders do up north...)
It's possible that he could have selected a remote location. Would he have selected an area he was familiar with?
As for the risks involved with using an abandoned house, many murder victims have been left in abandoned houses in Detroit. All of those other murderers must not have been worried about being seen.
I had to drop in and see if there was any news. It seems like the search of the house on Oxford Road was last real news we had. I would have thought the testing would have revealed something by now.
It may have revealed something, but the information hasn't been shared with the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K