MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Halfway through WDIV noon news with no report on DS. The rest of the half hour will be weather, sports, fluff. Guess there's nothing to report about Danielle yet. Wonder if the presser will still happen today?

The Streetview Player is great! Not many stoplights on that route, so I don't how much the traffic cameras will be able to help. Some shopping centers not far from her apartment, so I wonder what the chances are that Danielle might have stopped to pick up something for the dinner with her friend. That close to her apartment something could have happened if she came across someone from her apartment complex.

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I had it mistakenly set to "bicycle directions" before. I just updated it to show "driving directions", which is a new route. Sorry about that.

I had an idea that I might not have time for today, but if anyone does it could be helpful. We could use Google Streetview and inch along the route she may've driven and look for physical cameras mounted on any businesses along the way, which we could then alert the family or LE about.

I doubt she would take that route on a Friday after work. The traffic on 696 is a mess at that time. I think it is more likely she took 10 Mile rd to Grand River, or 8 Mile Rd to Grand River.

Hi, I hope these are ok to post. Both addresses are publicly available. The Independence Green Apartments link is just the entrance to the main complex (it's quite massive).

Google Streetview link for Independence Green Apartments
(main entrance)

Google Streetview link for Metlife

Streetview Player between IGA & Metlife (default route) *updated to show driving directions instead of bicycle

Bing Maps Streetside view for Independence Green Apartments (main entrance)

Bing Maps Streetside view for Metlife

Bing Maps Directions between IGA & Metlife (click on the gas and other icons to see locations of gas stations and stores)

MapQuest Directions (also shows icons for gas stations, stores, etc)

I doubt she would take that route on a Friday after work. The traffic on 696 is a mess at that time. I think it is more likely she took 10 Mile rd to Grand River, or 8 Mile Rd to Grand River.

[FONT=&quot]Yes, this. You could not pay me enough to get on 696 between 3pm-7pm most any weekday.[/FONT]

When I set it back to "bicycle" it seems to follow the 10 Mile road. Is this one of the routes you suggest? Unfortunately I'm not sure if there's a way to control this Streetview Player service beyond those basic settings.

I had an idea that I might not have time for today, but if anyone does it could be helpful. We could use Google Streetview and inch along the route she may've driven and look for physical cameras mounted on any businesses along the way, which we could then alert the family or LE about.

I would love to learn how to map routes. I'm using Google Chrome. I know there are some instructions somewhere here at WebSleuths...

Could it have happened outside where he friend lives? And the car returned to her apt?
I wonder if she knows anyone in the area her friend lives and is it an apt complex like hers?

I have an odd question....
Why didn't she have her friend over her apt for dinner
Instead of her cooking at the friends? This just seemed off to me for some reason.

It's easy just play around with it and you'll figure it out!
( the street maps on google - APP is called GOOGLE MAPS for steetview and driving).

I'm starting to do the search for cameras on buildings via Google Streetview along the 10 Mile route. This Hamburgers place looks like it might have some. I'll continue looking and update this post if I spot others.

Edit: I found a higher res photo and I believe those are only rain ducts on the Hamburgers place.

attachment.php

It appears there's this bank drive-thru of some sort right by the apartments. I wonder if they'd have any cameras. There are a number of gas stations as well but I assume LE hit all of those up for security footage. There's a Harley Davidson dealer as well that might have security although I didn't see anything clearly visible on the building. I will look more tomorrow.

Attachments

• potentialcameras01.png
    potentialcameras01.png
    177.8 KB · Views: 326
Instead of her cooking at the friends? This just seemed off to me for some reason.

Right.

Danielle had to work the next morning, and the trip from DS to Metlife is shorter than friend's to MetLife.
Friend apparently had to work the next evening.

But maybe friend's house is a more amenable space than DS's apartment.

While I'm searching for cameras I had another idea. Would it make sense to pass out fliers to businesses or homes along her commute route that specifically ask if they have security cameras that might've recorded any cars driving by? I know LE investigates obvious cameras but who knows, maybe a business has a hidden security camera or a homeowner has a really discreet dropcam sitting in their window. Just another idea.

[FONT=&quot]If I had to guess, I would say it's because - depending on apartment layout - the kitchens at IGA barely have enough room to turn around in them.[/FONT]

To me, the articles didn't exactly say there was an update today or when, but that they were working with the FBI to provide one. I don't see anything posted on her Fbook page about it and I would assume the family might post that as an update of when it might take place? It just seems that with the local stories in the past, they announce the day/time so people are aware, and don't just randomly put it on tv. Now that it is mid-day, I would assume unless it is "breaking news", nothing will come until the evening news or a different day.

This article hasn't been updated since Friday and didn't even pop up as one of the "main" articles compared to other stories out there today. Maybe they didn't get as far with the FBI as they had hoped?

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-in-search-for-missing-farmington-hills-woman

Farmington Hills polie (police) said they're working with the FBI to provide an update Monday that could bring a spark to the case.

Right.

Danielle had to work the next morning, and the trip from DS to Metlife is shorter than friend's to MetLife.
Friend apparently had to work the next evening.

But maybe friend's house is a more amenable space than DS's apartment.

And maybe DS is more amenable than her friend. I don't mean that in a bad way. I go out of my way to visit some friends who don't go out of their way as much to see me and not because they aren't as good friends, but people have different vibes and preferences and I know that some people are more comfortable in their own space.

Sometimes I like to mix up my routines and enjoy staying at others' places, even if it's slightly more inconvenient to get to where I'm going the next day. In retrospect, after these events happen, we have the luxury of considering everything that's happened in a lateral manner, whereas we have to remember DS was simply (AFAWK) visiting a friend. She probably would not have thought through the logistics of her visit as carefully as we are doing.

With regards to buying ingredients for the meal which has come up previously, I often used to visit my best friend and cook for us at her house. It would be a shared experience, including going out together to get the ingredients whilst we chatted. I wondered if maybe that was an option for them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste