MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to everyone here who has sent messages and offered kind words of support. I'm just having trouble dealing with it now more than ever. We're about two weeks in now and my heart breaks for everyone. I've never experienced this before. Last summer I lost my childhood best friend to suicide and that's the closest I think I've come to this feeling. I just don't understand this world. I've started having nightmares about it. Last night I dreamt I was at an indoor pool somewhere with a group of friends. We were playing this game I used to play at the community pool after swimming lessons when I was a kid. One person would jump into the water in the deep end and then drop all the way down to the bottom (the pool I used to go to went 12 feet down). Once you were able to stand at the bottom, you would look up and try to shout something. Whoever was at the top would stick their head in the water and see if they could hear you. Dumb kids game, and dangerous now that I think about it, but that's beside the point. Anyway, in my dream we were all there at night though I can't really remember who was with me. I jumped in, pushed myself to the bottom, looked up and started shouting. That's when I looked to my side and noticed someone standing nearby. I floated over and saw that it was Danielle. She was staring up at the top of the pool, unmoving. Then she turned her head to look at me and said "find me". We were underwater and it should be muffled, but it was a dream and clear as day. I got scared and suddenly started floating to the top - like something was pulling me - until I was lifted out of the pool; floating in the air above everyone. I could still see her way down there at the bottom and I started to scream. I woke up in a cold sweat. Never went back to sleep.

I am just at a loss.

I say vent/talk/ramble/cry whatever you want here. I just wish there was more I could do to help. I will keep praying.

UBER? Pretty easy walk up to Grand River and the on-ramp area, where there are a couple of 24 hour gas stations, and have one meet you there.

But I'm thinking at least 2 people, yes. Regardless of whether she was picked up or she drove somewhere and someone drove her vehicle back later.

If you don't mind me asking, what makes you think at least two people? I agree that would make logistics a whole lot easier and at the same time potentially more risky. Two people involves more of a conspiracy against Danielle and also increases risk, if you're thinking someone drove the jeep back to the apartment and dropped it off and then jumped in someone elses waiting vehicle. I'm not sure, however, that is what your thinking, to be clear.

Rushed and maybe in the dark and in a not well lit parking lot. If you're in a hurry, your ride's waiting for you to skedaddle, and you don't wanna draw attention to the car returning: You only take one shot, close enough, get out of there.

As to why return it. Well, it's gotta go somewhere, can't leave it outside of your house or wherever. And putting it back in front of her apartment could give you til Monday (or later) before anyone raises the alarm. It's also made it maddening difficult to parse what happened, with the limited info we have. Dropping the vehicle at a 3rd party location could've provided some sort of further clues as to the identity of DS abductor(s). (if'n this is the scenario)

that said, i think she prolly got picked up by someone. and given the lack of anyone noticing anyone struggling to subdue her, DS likely voluntarily got into the vehicle with whomever picked her up.

but the house in Berkley--if that somehow proves to be the location. it's not a too far late-night drive from there to DS's apartment. about 15 miles, and you could take all surface streets. but she could've also
been transported there from her place after parking her car herself after work. wide-open.

Or she was running in quickly to feed the cat and grab a bag of clothes because she still had to get to the store and get groceries and get to her friends and cook.....and her parking job wasn't stellar since she was going to be back out of the lot again quickly

Good question, re: did they have a chance to run dogs over IG's lots before the snow hit Sunday night.

Couple of media mentions for DS:

About 30 minutes in, these guys give a quick overview:

http://detroitcast.com/archive/detroit-cast-719/ (might need to download and use a media player to be able to FF)

And DS's situation is going to feature on the 11 PM EST newscast on WILX out of Lansing. Live stream available here when the newscast is on:

http://www.wilx.com/livestream

But was every apartment searched? Are they even allowed to do that without a specific warrant for each unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. each warrant has to have apt number named

Thank you to everyone here who has sent messages and offered kind words of support. I'm just having trouble dealing with it now more than ever. We're about two weeks in now and my heart breaks for everyone. I've never experienced this before. Last summer I lost my childhood best friend to suicide and that's the closest I think I've come to this feeling. I just don't understand this world. I've started having nightmares about it. Last night I dreamt I was at an indoor pool somewhere with a group of friends. We were playing this game I used to play at the community pool after swimming lessons when I was a kid. One person would jump into the water in the deep end and then drop all the way down to the bottom (the pool I used to go to went 12 feet down). Once you were able to stand at the bottom, you would look up and try to shout something. Whoever was at the top would stick their head in the water and see if they could hear you. Dumb kids game, and dangerous now that I think about it, but that's beside the point. Anyway, in my dream we were all there at night though I can't really remember who was with me. I jumped in, pushed myself to the bottom, looked up and started shouting. That's when I looked to my side and noticed someone standing nearby. I floated over and saw that it was Danielle. She was staring up at the top of the pool, unmoving. Then she turned her head to look at me and said "find me". We were underwater and it should be muffled, but it was a dream and clear as day. I got scared and suddenly started floating to the top - like something was pulling me - until I was lifted out of the pool; floating in the air above everyone. I could still see her way down there at the bottom and I started to scream. I woke up in a cold sweat. Never went back to sleep.

I am just at a loss.
That literally gave me chills. I'm really so very sorry. I wish there was actually something I could do other than send squeezy virtual hugs and try to think of ideas LE can use.

Earlier I read someone mention checking the pool. Now you had this dream (nightmare). That's double freaky.

I feel absolutely devastated for you and your family and friends.

I actually think my mind was playing off of some of those things I've read over the last week (the pool, ice arena, etc.). I know it's not healthy to live in fear, but I can't help but worry about my baby more than ever now. I have my wife text me constantly so I know where she is and if she's safe.
Life360. Its an app for your phone. It's free. Live gps to see where the people in your circle are. I never turn mine off.

Life360. Its an app for your phone. It's free. Live gps to see where the people in your circle are. I never turn mine off.

Great advice GigTu, my family also uses life360, it's a wonderful app! My kids may not think so, but that's another issue all together!

Holocene ... I am so sorry for what your going through. You have one more internet stranger's support in me :)

I wanted to comment on the Heritage Park theory. I'm very familiar with the park and I think it would be difficult to take someone there. Not impossible but it would be hard. I actually can't believe that hadn't crossed my mind yet as an option, I hope there are some good searches going on there. Heck I will go help search there. -As for the park The gates are closed at sundown and don't open until it's light out. It's on a main road well traveled by LE as their station is near by and it's pretty far to walk to secluded areas If someone stopped near the front gate after dark. If they came in when the park was open I think with the weather we've been having a lone hiker with any kind of heavy/large gear would stick out like a sore thumb especially since Dani's case is well known locally.

I've gotten stuck in the park with my car after they closed the gates and I did manage to get out by driving over the yard of the longacre house though so definitely not impossible it's just hard to imagine.

There is also a back enterance into the parks land from the neighborhood at Drake and Grand River which is much closer to Dani's apartment than the main park entrance so I would search closer to that part of the land as a start, if they haven't already.

This is such a mystery and even if it has a happy ending it is a heartbreaking ordeal. I don't understand LE's mindset with how little they are putting out there.

If you don't mind me asking, what makes you think at least two people? I agree that would make logistics a whole lot easier and at the same time potentially more risky. Two people involves more of a conspiracy against Danielle and also increases risk, if you're thinking someone drove the jeep back to the apartment and dropped it off and then jumped in someone elses waiting vehicle. I'm not sure, however, that is what your thinking, to be clear.

The lack of information and the seeming (to us) lack of progress in this case might usually point toward a single perp--much easier for 1 person to keep a secret than 2 or more.

However, in this case, the lack of information looks to be a function of LE being super-tight lipped about what they know; with explicit hints from LE that they know a lot more than they've let the public know.

Posted my various theories, mostly iterations on the idea of DS being some sort of LE resource (witness or CI), or otherwise ran afoul of some unsavory types (or it was a smoke session gone wrong, a la Lauren Spierer), earlier in the conversation, back here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...uthfield-2-Dec-2016-2&p=13002877#post13002877

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...uthfield-2-Dec-2016-2&p=13002881#post13002881

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...uthfield-2-Dec-2016-2&p=13002891#post13002891

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...uthfield-2-Dec-2016-2&p=13002990#post13002990

Also, Ozoner summaries an interesting theory in this post from earlier in this thread. Hope Ozoner doesn't mind me linking back to it:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...uthfield-2-Dec-2016-2&p=13001066#post13001066

Holocene ... I am so sorry for what your going through. You have one more internet stranger's support in me :)

I wanted to comment on the Heritage Park theory. I'm very familiar with the park and I think it would be difficult to take someone there. Not impossible but it would be hard. I actually can't believe that hadn't crossed my mind yet as an option, I hope there are some good searches going on there. Heck I will go help search there. -As for the park The gates are closed at sundown and don't open until it's light out. It's on a main road well traveled by LE as their station is near by and it's pretty far to walk to secluded areas If someone stopped near the front gate after dark. If they came in when the park was open I think with the weather we've been having a lone hiker with any kind of heavy/large gear would stick out like a sore thumb especially since Dani's case is well known locally.

I've gotten stuck in the park with my car after they closed the gates and I did manage to get out by driving over the yard of the longacre house though so definitely not impossible it's just hard to imagine.

There is also a back enterance into the parks land from the neighborhood at Drake and Grand River which is much closer to Dani's apartment than the main park entrance so I would search closer to that part of the land as a start, if they haven't already.

This is such a mystery and even if it has a happy ending it is a heartbreaking ordeal. I don't understand LE's mindset with how little they are putting out there.
While Pokémon hunting this summer on one of the back trails, I ended up in a parking lot. Google maps says it's Hitachi Systems. Right off Grand River. Given much time, I think that's too obvious a location to dump a body. If they dumped it quickly though..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Also, Ozoner summaries an interesting theory in this post from earlier in this thread. Hope Ozoner doesn't mind me linking back to it:
I don't mind your linking back to it, but I hope it's way off. I'm still hoping for a scenario in which Danielle is still alive.

Gives me the chills of reading the last few pages of posts. I had a thought. What if she was taken by a "bogus" delivery person in a "van" "truck" etc? But then her mom asking about seeing Danielle after work, on her way home. Would she have been stopped by someone that "bumped" her vehicle on her way home or she bumped them and didn't have her proof of insurance and had to get it from home. The person grabbed her? Ugghhh Please Please Please, praying for a sign that Danielle is still alive and will be brought home.

I've been following the case and thought I would add my take on the drug theories. I just don't buy it, I think the fact that DS looks much younger than she is may be feeding some of these thoughts. The key chain to me just that, a key chain, maybe she just really likes leggo or it was a gag type gift from a friend.

A 28 year old women whos worked for the same company for a decade is not fitting the type to take risks or meet up with unsavory characters. Also, her IG gives no indication of a stoner type personality, at all. Stories have mentioned a women with a strong connection to her family and the same group of close friends since grade school, none of this is indicative of a person leading a double life or gravitating towards risky behavior.

Even if she was an occasional cannabis user she strikes me a cautious person with deep roots to the area and community she lives in. If she wanted to "score" some weed I bet she would have the resources to reach out to a trusted friend or boutique type dealer. Today in most major urban areas you can avoid having to deal with sketchy people if you're simply looking for cannabis, a product on the cusp of legalization nation wide and readily available in the burbs to lawyers, soccer moms and people like DS. I really do see this more as a stranger abduction sometime between leaving work and arriving home, perhaps a stalker who had been watching her habits over an extended period of time. Really hoping for a positive outcome for DS and her family.

What if she intentionally parked her car a bit haphazardly to save a spot, but not so blatantly that if someone complained she could write it off as an accident. Maybe she was planning on a visitor?

Or maybe she was in a rush or maybe she's just a bad parker. Or maybe whoever drove it back was in a rush or bad at parking. It was probably at that weird time of night where the sun isn't bright enough to help you see, but it's too bright for your headlights to be useful. Maybe she couldn't see the line when she parked and since she was planning on being in and out, figured it didn't matter if she was over the line a bit.

This is my life now. I come up with a scenario, then argue against it to myself. Without any more information, I feel like every scenario mentioned has a counter-argument.

I am just at a loss.

Good God...that's horrifying. Symbolically, I suppose it could just be saying that you feel like you are underwater in all the emotions, fears, etc...like you are drowning. I know how you feel and its heartbreaking..terrifying...and you just have to keep getting up, tread water, and keep going. Just keep going. Never give up.

IMO it is ABHORRENT that LE has let another 8 days go by with NO UPDATE. Even if they were just to say we are following leads, etc...they haven't even issued a notice to women to be careful/be on the lookout/ etc. As I stated before, the arrogance of the sheriff to say that they 'know' more but we're not going to tell because we don't want the perp to know what we know" is RIDICULOUS. This is just MY opinion. If they actually do know more, even a vague description, a car, whatever and they are not telling the public this..not telling young women this..that is so negligent in their duty to protect the public. That's their job. Protect the public and find Danielle. They should be ashamed. PC create buzz and make more people aware. Maybe if they had one, that PC wold be the one where somebody actually remembers something. Maybe if they said, this is what we have, somebody would remember something. They're so worried about protecting their case that they fail to realize that its not THEIR table that Dani may never sit at again. Sierah wasn't at OUR TABLE on Thanksgiving, nor was she there to pick out my sister's tree as she did every year, nor will she be there at Christmas.
People can say what they want about my family's recent interaction with an active investigation but one thing our LE did...they were telling everybody that someone was out there..to be aware..did anyone see a motorcycle? did anyone see this or that as they found clues and evidence...there was COMMUNICATION not only with the family but with the PUBLIC. I'm sure what happened with Ce is influencing me and increasing my anger about the silence of LE in this case but really, I can think of no reason in the world that 8 days have gone by and they have said NOTHING. So frustrated for the family!

I agree with you. IMO, I don't believe I ever read that or even got that assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member