MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was nothing in his hand. There was approximately 10ish feet between our bumpers, maybe a bit more. He did reverse out as he was pulled in a parking spot. There was no one in the lot at the time and the security lights were burnt out (and have since been fixed). You cannot see me getting out of my car if you just happened to pull into the lot, you have to be right on my building. He followed me into the lot and parked. I thought he was a neighbor who drives a similar car and didn't think anything of it.

I feel like I can't explain it. It wasn't necessarily the questions, it was the way it all happened. The personality? Tha mannerisms? I told the police he was remarkably average except that he kept looking around. Like, head moving looking around the entire time we were talking. He very abruptly started walking toward me while still looking around. Questions were very fast, like not waiting for my response before he started talking.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that I have asked literally everyone I've told about this if im overreacting. I don't want to make something out of nothing, I don't want to waste LE time. I have nothing to gain from this except my mom calling every hour to ask if I'm okay which surprisingly I don't want. I hope it was just a guy looking for an apartment but it's that gut feeling that I can't shake.

You are NOT overreacting.

Well, I have to ask AtomicAngela (you don't have to answer if this is going too far) let's just suppose: you were not on the phone and this guy came closer. And then, tried to grap you, do you think you could've fought him off? Was anyone else around? If you screamed, would anyone hear you?

He was significantly taller than me but then again, I am short. No one else was outside and the lights were burnt out. I know one neighbor was home so maybe they would have heard if they were in the room facing the lot? I honestly have no idea. If I'm not in that room in my apartment, I don't hear anything in the lot without the window open.

It's definitely sounds like a disturbing encounter, especially if you know the normal happenings in and around your building. To be clear, was this the same night that Danielle went missing? Did you get a license plate number or a few digits of it?

There was nothing in his hand. There was approximately 10ish feet between our bumpers, maybe a bit more. He did reverse out as he was pulled in a parking spot. There was no one in the lot at the time and the security lights were burnt out (and have since been fixed). You cannot see me getting out of my car if you just happened to pull into the lot, you have to be right on my building. He followed me into the lot and parked. I thought he was a neighbor who drives a similar car and didn't think anything of it.

I feel like I can't explain it. It wasn't necessarily the questions, it was the way it all happened. The personality? Tha mannerisms? I told the police he was remarkably average except that he kept looking around. Like, head moving looking around the entire time we were talking. He very abruptly started walking toward me while still looking around. Questions were very fast, like not waiting for my response before he started talking.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that I have asked literally everyone I've told about this if im overreacting. I don't want to make something out of nothing, I don't want to waste LE time. I have nothing to gain from this except my mom calling every hour to ask if I'm okay which surprisingly I don't want. I hope it was just a guy looking for an apartment but it's that gut feeling that I can't shake.
It's impossible to say for sure, but I lean away from the incident being related. I think it was too late. Your encounter was at 6:00 P.M., and Danielle would have been getting home around 5:15 or 5:30.

It is more likely that someone she knew well showed up at her complex in his vehicle under the pretense of wanting to talk. If she was pregnant, he may have pretended to be interested in wanting to get back together. He may have even said, "Let's go for a drive;" even then she may not have suspected anything, thinking that this monster masquerading as a human being actually cared about her.

Atomic did the guy have an accent? Just thinking I've run across many in area that are from other countries and an apt complex would be confusing as would asking questions.

Might not be able to answer on that but just a thought on situation.

No accent.

They're not convinced? So?? What are they doing to convince themselves one way or the other? They haven't spoken to you again, they haven't told you not to tell anyone,to me, that means you're free to discuss. Not to mention, if he approached someone else too! What if someone saw your post and said..hey, that guy approached me too! Now you have a pattern of some guy approaching lone women in a deserted parking lot. Plus...whenever I need to ask someone something when I'm driving, I always pull up alongside them or as close as I can and I stay in my car. I don't get out of my car and walk up to them. It was dark, are almost dark at that time, he had no business approaching you. This guy is suspect to me. So LE should vet him out. Or at the very least, put it out there to see if anyone says the same thing as you.
When Sierah was missing, LE put out to the public that they wanted anyone to come forward if they saw a motorcycle in the vicinity, etc. They said the motorcycle was not a suspect, they just wanted to talk to him, etc. (Of course he WAS a suspect, they just didn't say so) but they wanted the info and they got it..from the PUBLIC.
What if the guy who approached you car was put out there and somebody from her work could say..hey..I saw a car like that, or somebody in the apt. complex is jogged into remembering, hey..there was a car like that that I saw around the time she was taken?What he did after he saw you were on the phone is highly suspect IMO. IDK, Maybe I'm just getting to old..maybe I'm just hypersensitive because we lost Sierah, maybe I just don't care what people say anymore, I would be tempted to either go into the station and say..have you vetted this guy? Have you told the family? Why not? Why aren't you at least putting it out there because there are a whole lot of other women out here that need to know something kinda shady happened to me. LE has a tendency to dismiss a womans "intuition" that something was just not quite right. They should listen to us more. Maybe if they did, more of us wouldn't go missing, more of us would be aware that something is going on in our neighborhood, etc. Your story would generate SOMETHING, and people would call in ..with tips..which is what they say they want!

Unless she had a license plate how are they going to vet him out? What did he do wrong that would get LE to do a sketch? He didn't grab her, assault her or threaten her. Essentially he asked her a question and LE isn't going to consider that against the law...right wrong or indifferent.

I'm not defending btw, just pointing out why LE probably isn't pushing it. Besides the reverse thing isn't right for a perp.

I'm sure they have more info than us, but probably not much more. Either LE has nothing more or they are watching a poi . A lot of times the family is left in the dark to preserve the integrity of the evidence and investigation. The LE priority is the victim, not the family.

Actually, I feel that LE's priority is ensuring a conviction once they've made an arrest and filed charges. If they know that Danielle's been a crime victim, there isn't much they can do for her now.

My thoughts and prayers are with Danielle's family, friends, colleagues with whom she should be celebrating the holidays. I'm sure they all feel a sense of emptiness and hopelessness as time goes by without Danielle being located.

Could someone please help me understand what is going on in this conversation here (with English being my second language, I am having a hard time deciphering these comments)?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGF2Y3dormv/?taken-by=stinkybummer

If someone wants to check out the commenter's Insta feed and share what they think, I would appreciate that also. I really, really don't want to get in any more trouble than I already have on this feed :blushing:, so if you prefer to message me privately, that would be good, too. Thanks.

It's impossible to say for sure, but I lean away from the incident being related. I think it was too late. Your encounter was at 6:00 P.M., and Danielle would have been getting home around 5:15 or 5:30.

It is more likely that someone she knew well showed up at her complex in his vehicle under the pretense of wanting to talk. If she was pregnant, he may have pretended to be interested in wanting to get back together. He may have even said, "Let's go for a drive;" even then she may not have suspected anything, thinking that this monster masquerading as a human being actually cared about her.

No one knows what time she got there.

It's definitely sounds like a disturbing encounter, especially if you know the normal happenings in and around your building. To be clear, was this the same night that Danielle went missing? Did you get a license plate number or a few digits of it?

It waa the same night. I did not get a number but I did get what state it was and reported that. Out of state plates are not entirely uncommon in here as the complex has a ton of new to the area residents who moved here for work.

And therein lies the EXACT reason I wrestled with calling the police. Friday night it was whatever, lost guy. Sunday when there was someone missing, it didn't fit. His car had no identifying marks on it which doesn't mean anything but it did have out-of-state plates. He had nothing in his hands walking toward me like he was going to ask where an address was.

Out of state plates would seem to indicate this was not a flower or other local delivery. He may have had nothing in his hands, but could well have had something in his pockets, or have been wearing a concealed holster for a weapon.

This account is weird to me and the encounter would have made me skittish as well...especially his abrupt retreat in response to noticing you were on the phone. I'd have called it in as well in light of this case (glad you did).

Agree. And perp/perps most likely would not come back to location.

What I took from the LE update is that they had their eye on someone(s) based on some sort of cornecopia of circumstantial evidence, and they're waiting for forensic confirmation before putting any more time into it.

Could someone please help me understand what is going on in this conversation here (with English being my second language, I am having a hard time deciphering these comments)?

If someone wants to check out the commenter's Insta feed and share what they think, I would appreciate that also. I really, really don't want to get in any more trouble than I already have on this feed :blushing:, so if you prefer to message me privately, that would be good, too. Thanks.
It's a joke about her t-shirt. I think it's a smokey the bear shirt that says "only you can prevent forest fires". Nothing to be alarmed about.

Danielle acknowledges that you cannot see all of the writing on her shirt and says someday she'll get a picture showing the full shirt. What we can see of her shirt says, "Remember... only," so her friend says, "Only what? Only what?!?" The friend is playing along and pretending they don't know what the shirt says but want to know. Danielle's hashtag of #smokeythebear basically tells us that the shirt says Smokey the Bear's slogan, which is "Only you can prevent wildfires."

Her picture with the guy she was dating was from a wedding 14 weeks ago....that's so intriguing to me...it's pulling me ....why isn't he vocal about searching.....

Btw if that's her kitchen it's insanely beyond tiny

No accent.

Always trust your gut instinct - glad you did :) Still confused why they would search in Fenton. My brother lives there and it's north about an hour. Why not in Redford, the local area in Farmington? If it was an ex, where does he live now

I feel like I can't explain it. It wasn't necessarily the questions, it was the way it all happened. The personality? Tha mannerisms? I told the police he was remarkably average except that he kept looking around. Like, head moving looking around the entire time we were talking. He very abruptly started walking toward me while still looking around. Questions were very fast, like not waiting for my response before he started talking

I'm not exaggerating when I say that I have asked literally everyone I've told about this if im overreacting. I don't want to make something out of nothing, I don't want to waste LE time. I have nothing to gain from this except my mom calling every hour to ask if I'm okay which surprisingly I don't want. I hope it was just a guy looking for an apartment but it's that gut feeling that I can't shake

You have just described what Gavin DeBecker so succinctly wrote out for us in his book, "The Gift of Fear". ANY woman that has not read this, needs to buy it for herself for Christmas. It may help save your life someday. We are conditioned from the time we are small, "not to make a fuss, not to bring attention to ourselves, not to be a hysterical female, not to cause a scene," and while we continue to do this..WE GO MISSING, WE ARE ATTACKED. Who cares if you're in a busy street and you KNOW a guy is following you, and you start screaming? Who cares? Who cares what strangers think? But VERY few women will do that. We are taught to "help" to "nurture" and sometimes, that is our undoing. Ted Bundy knew what he was doing when he "disabled" himself so he could ask women for help.
THAT guy that approached you was up to something. You felt it..you know it..you are NOT overreacting. I'm not saying that he had anything to do with Dani but he was up to no good with YOU. I'm very thankful you are okay!

They are passing out fliers in Fenton. Friend of the family lives there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

And therein lies the EXACT reason I wrestled with calling the police. Friday night it was whatever, lost guy. Sunday when there was someone missing, it didn't fit. His car had no identifying marks on it which doesn't mean anything but it did have out-of-state plates. He had nothing in his hands walking toward me like he was going to ask where an address was.

I've used rental cars that had an out of state plate. In my experience rentals are usually unassuming type vehicles. I find it interesting that he followed you in and parked near you. Did you notice he was behind you while driving? If so, when? Was he following you before you pulled into the complex?

If this guy really needed directions he could've stopped at a gas station and asked the attendant and/or bought a map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo