MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the truth! 2 people I know, 1 being an ex of mine and the other an old bf of my son's both did things that I am still very much.disturbed by (thats putting it very mildly). Both horrific crimes that I could have never imagined they were capable of. Luckily, for me and my family I was not in touch with either, but it certainly makes you realize you can trust no one!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I have been through a similar experience, with my ex. We had been married 16 years I believe. Trusted him totally. Left me speechless. Still does when I think about it.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

My thoughts on the "burner phone" debate:
Most likely pre-paid, not a true "burner". If so, how do her parents keep track of which phone she had had most recently to report it as an item to look for? And having a burner means changing your phone number regularly. Being a responsible, dependable person, it's she calling HR every month and updating her phone number? Y'all just look way too far into things sometimes. She had a prepaid phone. The obvious reasoning is the price. I had a prepaid phone for a decade, simple reasoning being that it cost $50/mo for an unlimited plan with tracfone or net10 when it cost $90/mo for Sprint. I wasn't 1. Too poor for a major carrier, or 2. Into nefarious dealings. I just didn't need any more than that. Didn't (and still don't) care about iPhones and paying out the wazoo for something I can get for cheaper.

And just saying, when I got the phones it never crossed my mind whether or not it would be easy to track in the event of my abduction. Just sayin'.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

My thoughts on the "burner phone" debate:
Most likely pre-paid, not a true "burner". If so, how do her parents keep track of which phone she had had most recently to report it as an item to look for? And having a burner means changing your phone number regularly. Being a responsible, dependable person, it's she calling HR every month and updating her phone number? Y'all just look way too far into things sometimes. She had a prepaid phone. The obvious reasoning is the price. I had a prepaid phone for a decade, simple reasoning being that it cost $50/mo for an unlimited plan with tracfone or net10 when it cost $90/mo for Sprint. I wasn't 1. Too poor for a major carrier, or 2. Into nefarious dealings. I just didn't need any more than that. Didn't (and still don't) care about iPhones and paying out the wazoo for something I can get for cheaper.

And just saying, when I got the phones it never crossed my mind whether or not it would be easy to track in the event of my abduction. Just sayin'.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Her friend called it burner phone. That is why there is confusion on here tonight about that. IMO she had that phone to save money...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grew up in the city. It was rough. But this whole idea that people don't go downtown is (I'm sorry) dumb. Detroit has bounced back big time and people go down there all the time to eat, party, etc. It used be that no none ventured there but that has long since changed. Just go on Yelp and check out all of the amazing restaurants.

My 2 adult children just went Mon night with friends. They go usually once a month, lots of entertainment, my husband and I sometimes join them.

I go down town all the time with friends and family. Just not alone! I don't know any white or black friends of mine who are female who go walking around downtown at 7 pm alone.

Yes I think this is the simplest explanation. Unfortunately, I don't think that LE can prove that a crime has been committed even if they suspect it. Without finding Danielle and with FG not talking, it seems very difficult to charge FG with anything. Perhaps, if a significant amount of blood was found at his residence the might be able to charge him with something. Even if he is the last person known to have seen Danielle, even if it can be shown that she was at his residence, it wouldn't prove that he harmed her.
d
If Danielle is no longer alive and FG is responsible, then, for all we know he could have driven up north and buried her in some remote area.
After death, a human body starts giving off certain chemicals, so if Dani was murdered in FG's vehicle, there would be ample chemical evidence. That along with her DNA would be enough to bring murder charges even without a body. The "no body, no murder" days are coming to a close.

If the neighbors are saying there have been renters in the house for several months, then the mattress LE took may not have belonged to FG. Right?

Another thing with all this discussion on whether DS's phone was a burner or prepaid phone. Can you have the same phone number on burner phones? IF she had to have new numbers with each phone, her friends would surely have told LE about the frequent phone number changes. Also, IF there were frequent number changes, one of her friends or family probably could give LE at least one old phone number for LE to trace.

This brings the question up as to WHY was DS being so secretive? I find her use of burner phones, if that is what she was using, to be highly suspicious! Suspicious of what, I don't know. Is there any way she could have been working as an informer for LE? It is not normal practice for a regular person to be using burner phones. Prepaid phones are totally different.

With LE's original comment about being concerned with her safety, the remark fits perfectly for DS working with them.

Thie following is copied from Thread #1, Post #8

From a news story, odd statements. "There is nothing to indicate foul play, the lieutenant said.
The reason she is missing is not the issue. Her safety is the concern, he said."

My opinions only.

The context of the original discussion about the "burner phone" I believe centered around the difficulty in tracing the phone. So Regardless of what type of burner or prepaid phone it was, the fact of the matter is that her phone was difficult to trace, as it was probably supposed to be. Which is suspicious.

Who said her phone was difficult to trace? Do u have a link? Just curious, might be something I need to learn more about as I use prepaid phone.
:thinking:

The context of the original discussion about the "burner phone" I believe centered around the difficulty in tracing the phone. So Regardless of what type of burner or prepaid phone it was, the fact of the matter is that her phone was difficult to trace, as it was probably supposed to be. Which is suspicious.

There is no difference in difficulty tracking a non- contact phone vs a contract phone. Le would need to get a search warrant for either type of phone. The service provider would then perform the same tasks in getting le the information requested of them.

I don't think DS was involved in drugs or was an informant. Her alleged marijuana use has no support that I am aware of
other than a smoke filter key chain ?

The keychain smoke filter could have actually been a innocent gift from someone she knows. She seems like the type of person that would have thought the keychain smiley buddy was cute and the person that owned it just gave it to her.

The multiple agencies involved could be because both DS and her Mother work at Met Life. Met Life sells insurance amongst other services involving investors money ... Very large sums of money from people all over the world. Money that could be from good sources or sources that need places to hide it. Maybe her disappearance has to do with knowledge and fear of exposure. Maybe she discovered something shady and contacted the fraud dept. which started an investigation.

Another possibility ( I don't know which depts either DS or her Mom work in for Met Life ) but maybe a benefits cancellation or denial was involved. People waiting for checks to pay bills , house payments , medical treatments can get very desperate. Not getting paid and or losing health care benefits could certainly push someone in a direction they would have never gone.

I don't think DS was involved in drugs or was an informant. Her alleged marijuana use has no support that I am aware of
other than a smoke filter key chain ?

The keychain smoke filter could have actually been a innocent gift from someone she knows. She seems like the type of person that would have thought the keychain smiley buddy was cute and the person that owned it just gave it to her.

The multiple agencies involved could be because both DS and her Mother work at Met Life. Met Life sells insurance amongst other services involving investors money ... Very large sums of money from people all over the world. Money that could be from good sources or sources that need places to hide it. Maybe her disappearance has to do with knowledge and fear of exposure. Maybe she discovered something shady and contacted the fraud dept. which started an investigation.

Another possibility ( I don't know which depts either DS or her Mom work in for Met Life ) but maybe a benefits cancellation or denial was involved. People waiting for checks to pay bills , house payments , medical treatments can get very desperate. Not getting paid and or losing health care benefits could certainly push someone in a direction they would have never gone.

I hear what you're saying. Her co worker somewhere or on fb mentioned that she wasn't involved with claims. DEA being involved and the Oakland county drug force to me means it is very possible drugs are involved. IMO

I cannot speak for all phones, but my friend has a pre-paid phone (7 years now). Same phone number seven years in a row.

I have been lurking here since the beginning but the recent posts alluding to not visiting downtown made me decide to create an account. I've tried ignoring the racist references but they are getting a bit much now. From what is known about FG, there's nothing to suggest his involvement with drugs any more or less than DS' possible involvement with drugs. Assuming one over the other implies stereotyping, which isn't helpful period, let alone when trying to solve a potential crime.

In terms of walking alone in the evening, I would say it is good practice to be cautious regardless of your surroundings and that the city of Detroit is no different. I've been alone in Detroit, Flint, Saginaw, Lansing, as well as other suburbs and small towns and I act the same- alert, attentive, and confident. It sounds like the theory that she was spotted downtown was proven wrong by the coat description but simply assuming it is wrong because it is in the evening in Detroit is inappropriate IMO.

My parents use what would be referred to as a burner phone I guess. It's pretty common where I live for people who don't want to lock into a 2 year contract. Companies like tracfone and straight talk have phones that will work off of towers of different providers. I guess that's where the tracing difficulty would come in? It's a pretty popular choice here due to lack of long term commitment and budget.

The more I look at this case, I think it might be wrong to immediately blame someone or call them a killer solely because there house was searched. Do we have a single other piece of suspicious information about the Supposed POI, besides the fact that a house was searched and no arrest was made. Has it even been confirmed whether the supposed POI was ever a security guard? I didnt find that anywhere. Is it even 100% confirmed that the homeowner was staying in the house, and that no additional people were staying there with him? This was around the holiday season.
What do people know on this POI that allows them to cast blame on him? Granted, a warranted house search tells us something. But I've also heard somewhat credible rumblings about renters, tenants, new owners, owners not matching descriptions of people living there, etc. The house was clearly involved...that doesn't mean the owner HAS to be involved. Just a thought.
That's entirely true. So many rumors regarding the house and its occupants. Way back in one of the threads there was the idea that the owners could have rented out rooms for extra cash which is entirely plausible, be it a friend, family member, or just a renter. Good point as to whether he was security or not, thought about that a lot. I don't think there was actually anything concrete about that ever stated. I believe the local media were the ones that ran with the house in connection to Met Life and then it spiraled. ...if I've learned anything in the last 6 months, its not to trust the media these days, all the fake news campaigns ect. Not saying that's what the media here did or that that's what happened here but maybe the story became sensationalized just by the mere mention of a possible connection to Met Life. If that's the case I feel deeply sorry for the person and the family that has to deal with this backlash. I'm on the fence about it, wish we knew more. No doubt the house was searched and questioned for a good reason, we just don't know the reason. That mattress was taken to look for something. If LE hasn't named him as suspect, maybe the reason is simple, he isn't.. but somebody he knows could be. This location has bothered me since the beginning when there where posts about forensics being done in the area or at the skating rink which is right next door to the house. If I remember correctly, it went on for a few days. It wasn't connected at the time to DS and not certain that whatever happened there a few weeks back is now, unless its deemed that the ice skating rink was dis info and/or actually the first search of the house instead. All in all, very confusing but I agree with you. We can speculate the obvious but in reality, wheres the proof?

I have to wonder still - money comes from sources good things and bad things. If drug money was involved it would need to be laundered and hidden somehow. Investments could be one way .

I have been lurking here since the beginning but the recent posts alluding to not visiting downtown made me decide to create an account. I've tried ignoring the racist references but they are getting a bit much now. From what is known about FG, there's nothing to suggest his involvement with drugs any more or less than DS' possible involvement with drugs. Assuming one over the other implies stereotyping, which isn't helpful period, let alone when trying to solve a potential crime.

In terms of walking alone in the evening, I would say it is good practice to be cautious regardless of your surroundings and that the city of Detroit is no different. I've been alone in Detroit, Flint, Saginaw, Lansing, as well as other suburbs and small towns and I act the same- alert, attentive, and confident. It sounds like the theory that she was spotted downtown was proven wrong by the coat description but simply assuming it is wrong because it is in the evening in Detroit is inappropriate IMO.
I've been on here since the beginning and personally I've never felt once that any posts or posters were ever implying or suggesting anything racial here. Not once. JMO.

I grew up in the hood and didn't say people don't go down there. I said White Women don't go walking around near Book Tower or the Rosa Parks Tranist station ALONE and it's already been said the man was wrong and it was not her.

I have. And I know others who do. That said, nothing really points to that being her. Wishful thinking, IMO.

To clarify, I don't think any of the comments were intentionally racist but full of stereotypical undertones is all. I trust that everyone has the best intentions but feel it's important to be aware of unintentional bias and stereotypes in this situation to avoid focusing on a wrong theory.

I've been on here since the beginning and personally I've never felt once that any posts or posters were ever implying or suggesting anything racial here. Not once. JMO.

I think what OP is talking about is the speculation that he was her dealer ... and the talk, in one of these threads, about how FG and DS wouldn't have run in the same social circles. That may be true for several reasons, but it can also be implied for racial reasons. There's also been talk that they could have had some intimate relationship (again, speculation), so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat