MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recovery you also refer to the profile of the SG as a ""disgruntled former employee".....where are you getting that information from? Are you quoting an article? I haven't seen anything about why he was no longer working at the building MET Life was in.

I don't think that's how it works. I don't think "fits a profile" equals sure search warrant. Even if that is possible it absolutely does not mean that is the case here. And the idea that every POI who ends up being guilty is arrested immediately or even soon after a search is very different from reality. I would have assumed that before I started following cases here a couple of years ago. But POI's can go months/years without being arrested. Especially when there is no body. So, again, that an arrest has not been made absolutely does not mean that the POI is no longer a POI nor that he will not be arrested in the future. I don't know everything in life and I don't like to make wild assumptions. But I definitely know this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said earlier, if he was a real POI, he'd be in hand cuffs. I imagine that he did know Dani at some point when he worked there, but news reports say he hadn't worked there since October.

From my point of view, when a person goes missing, cops look for profiles of who would fit. He fit a profile and it's why his house was searched. The evidence they took from his house doesn't seem to have created any new leads and I doubt that police are still looking at him as a suspect seeing as he isn't in custody.

The usage of "POI" has no legal ramifications, and given how close to the vest LE has been with information, it's no surprise LE has not gone out of their way to make a suspect known. I think his home being searched twice speaks volumes.

Warrants are not issued on something as variable as a profile, they are issued on probable cause. In this situation, it appears the first warrant raised enough suspicion to be granted a second. So, yes new leads were generated.

Recovery you also refer to the profile of the SG as a ""disgruntled former employee".....where are you getting that information from? Are you quoting an article? I haven't seen anything about why he was no longer working at the building MET Life was in.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-danielle-stislickis-mysterious-disappearance

Here you go, they say at around 3 minutes about the former employee.

I don't know if he was disgruntled, but all it takes is one flippant comment from a fellow employee or supervisor to make police believe he could have been.

The usage of "POI" has no legal ramifications, and given how close to the vest LE has been with information, it's no surprise LE has not gone out of their way to make a suspect known. I think his home being searched twice speaks volumes.

Warrants are not issued on something as variable as a profile, they are issued on probable cause. In this situation, it appears the first warrant raised enough suspicion to be granted a second. So, yes new leads were generated.

Or you know, they found nothing the first time and went back for a second...

There's always another explanation.

I was just expressing doubt that the Security Guard was ever anything than some old fashioned police work where there were little actual leads to go off of. Also, if the SG had a record, even with just minors/misdemeanors, it makes it that much easier to sign off a warrant to search his home.

I'm simply being skeptical of his involvement. To many things don't add up for me to think the case would be solved that easily. I have noticed he invoking his 5A rights and lawyered up. But to me, that says nothing other than he's smart and knows his rights. If it were me, I wouldn't talk to the police either.

As for crhedBngr, cars now record 15 data points continuously according to the various articles posted previously in this thread ( http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/.../26/keep-your-car-black-box-private/20609035/ ). The document you linked is from 2006. I believe the latest regulations were for cars made after 2014. I think Dani's car makes that cut.

That's the article I linked and it still does not do all your saying. Just done with this subject. If they could come up with all of what your saying then many cases would have huge evidence to add by using black boxes.

I have a Fitbit. It only tracks me with gps if I hit "run." Otherwise it tracks steps (and X steps equal X distance). That said, it does tell you how many steps you make per hour of you have it programmed that way. And it can track heartbeat. (Some models do different things.) So I am sure they would look at results (what she would normally view on her app) to see if anything could be garnered if she were swearing that night. It's pretty incredible how much technology reveals our actions!

I have a basic model but a family member has one with many features including the heartbeat. He also tracks his on the computer and can share stats etc with other FitBit friends. I wonder if hers could still transmit info to app on her pc if she had it on that day ???

But you are basing that off of nothing. Nothing whatsoever.

I know that once a crime was believed to have been committed they look for profiles of would-be suspects. They have a black book that they don't tell the general public about, as it's probably non-PC but it can be guaranteed cops have and will continue to develop leads in this manner.

All I'm stating is that we know for sure he didn't work there at the time she disappeared. People keep submitting theories that he followed her home, or maybe got a ride when the current circumstances don't place him at Metlife on Dec 2.

I was just expressing doubt that the Security Guard was ever anything than some old fashioned police work where there were little actual leads to go off of. Also, if the SG had a record, even with just minors/misdemeanors, it makes it that much easier to sign off a warrant to search his home.

I'm simply being skeptical of his involvement. To many things don't add up for me to think the case would be solved that easily. I have noticed he invoking his 5A rights and lawyered up. But to me, that says nothing other than he's smart and knows his rights. If it were me, I wouldn't talk to the police either.

As for crhedBngr, cars now record 15 data points continuously according to the various articles posted previously in this thread ( http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/.../26/keep-your-car-black-box-private/20609035/ ). The document you linked is from 2006. I believe the latest regulations were for cars made after 2014. I think Dani's car makes that cut.

There was one case I followed in which it was pretty obvious who did it (there was a body and everything) and it took a year to make an arrest. Lots of people were saying exactly that..."he'd be in cuffs by now" to dismiss him as a real POI. And that went on for a year until he was arrested. I just think assumptions and speculation work both ways.

The truth is, with what little we know, I personally find it impossible to rule out the one person whose house was searched/mattress and cars were taken based on some assumptions that don't hold a lot of water in my mind. But that's just my opinion. Hopefully more facts will come in so we don't have to pull out so many assumptions.

I have a basic model but a family member has one with many features including the heartbeat. He also tracks his on the computer and can share stats etc with other FitBit friends. I wonder if hers could still transmit info to app on her pc if she had it on that day ???

I don't have one, so know little about them. I assumed you wore them during fitness only, but not sounding like it. Do people wear them all the time?

I know that once a crime was believed to have been committed they look for profiles of would-be suspects. They have a black book that they don't tell the general public about, as it's probably non-PC but it can be guaranteed cops have and will continue to develop leads in this manner.

All I'm stating is that we know for sure he didn't work there at the time she disappeared. People keep submitting theories that he followed her home, or maybe got a ride when the current circumstances don't place him at Metlife on Dec 2.

"The current circumstances don't place him at MetLife on Dec 2."

Again, you are basing that off of nothing. Nothing whatsoever. Your "non-PC" comment confirms to me that I have seen your posts on other social media sites. You use language I do not appreciate.

Not via msm

I know, I've heard of speculation, but couldn't find any make or models on msm. I'm surprised a neighbor didn't make a description. But I guess everyone doesn't think in sleuth mode. The neighbors were probably having difficulty taking in all that was happening in the hood. As more news reports come out, I'm confident a journalist will interview the neighbors again soon. Maybe more searches too.

This case brought me to Websleuths and I've been following since nearly the start, but this is my first post. I keep going over and over this case and I truly think that what happened wasn't overly complex. As in, I think that she likely went with the POI willingly. I just can't imagine someone being abducted from a work parking lot circa 5pm or an apartment complex parking lot shortly thereafter. I believe she got in someone's car either at work or at her apartment. I also don't think that she picked up the POI under the guise of needing a ride home or needing help with a flat. It sounds like they (she and the SG- who I'm interchangeably calling POI though I know no one has been officially named) didn't work together anymore. So there would really be no reason for SG to be standing there saying "oh my goodness, can you help me?" I'm still chewing on this case and really don't have a firm theory, but I do strongly believe she went willingly and then things went south from there. I'm not even fully convinced that it was something nefarious- I keep returning in my mind to cases where something goes wrong (like an unintentional OD) then a coverup takes place. All of this JMO, and just thinking "out loud."

"The current circumstances don't place him *at MetLife on Dec 2."

Again, you are basing that off of nothing. Nothing whatsoever. Your "non-PC" comment confirms to me that I have seen your posts on other social media sites. You use language I do not appreciate.

Yeah, I haven't brought anything from Social Media here and vice versa because it's violation of TOS. I'd appreciate it if you didn't wildly accuse.

Secondly, I should have clarified, he wasn't *working* there as a security guard on Dec. 2

I don't have one, so know little about them. I assumed you wore them during fitness only, but not sounding like it. Do people wear them all the time?

I just got mine at Xmas so I am not total expert but you either use Bluetooth to send the info to your phone (synced in real time or when you hit sync if you don't always have Bluetooth on) OR you have to connect the device to your computer. Otherwise the info just remains on your wrist. So obviously no computer syncing happened. But if she synced by Bluetooth to her phone and the info was recorded on her app I don't know if it's possible for it be accessed. (Maybe that info is not only stored on one's app but also in the cloud?) Either way, hope they found something from her Fitbit.

Yes , they even track sleeping patterns. I need to read more on the more advanced ones and what other info can be obtained from them. Maybe she had a GPS on hers for walks in the park. I know she had posts showing pictures from walks / hikes in parks.

Yeah, I haven't brought anything from Social Media here and vice versa because it's violation of TOS. I'd appreciate it if you didn't wildly accuse.

Secondly, I should have clarified, he wasn't *working* there as a security guard on Dec. 2

It does not mean he was not at the building on Dec 2nd. So your speculating, to not make confusion you should label it as speculation or JMO. Otherwise some will think your stating facts. And it's not a fact yet he was not at that building.

Yes , they even track sleeping patterns. I need to read more on the more advanced ones and what other info can be obtained from them. Maybe she had a GPS on hers for walks in the park. I know she had posts showing pictures from walks / hikes in parks.

It's all for not if the battery dies (which last about a week, usually less) and if it isn't synced to a computer. I've had a fitbit and they are cool but they are also time intensive (for me anyways) and I basically gave up on using it.

She probably did if she is a runner and has a smartphone.

There were eyewitnesses that saw them together. Does anyone have the link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member