MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we still think just one suspect or more likely there was help? If there was help I would think that could lead to one person trying to cut a deal.

I understand you can never tell what horrors a person is capable of just by looking at a photo (or even by thinking you know someone), but I feel this was not a planned out and elaborate abduction. My thoughts are more along the lines of crossing some type of line and feeling like there were no other options. The cover up was potentially elaborate (Jeep back at IGA) but it screams crime of passion (and by this I don't necessarily mean actual passion or sexual advances, although that could certainly be the case). Again, my opinions only.

My gut feeling is that the initial crime was one person. I think there could have been help with the cover up.

IMO, there's more than one suspect being investigated. If someone had been staying at the SG's residence, we're back to which party would've been more responsible for the events that unfolded. But I agree, it seems more like a cover up than methodically planned out. JMO

Do we still think just one suspect or more likely there was help? If there was help I would think that could lead to one person trying to cut a deal.

I understand you can never tell what horrors a person is capable of just by looking at a photo (or even by thinking you know someone), but I feel this was not a planned out and elaborate abduction. My thoughts are more along the lines of crossing some type of line and feeling like there were no other options. The cover up was potentially elaborate (Jeep back at IGA) but it screams crime of passion (and by this I don't necessarily mean actual passion or sexual advances, although that could certainly be the case). Again, my opinions only.

IMO, there's more than one suspect being investigated. If someone had been staying at the SG's residence, we're back to which party would've been more responsible for the events that unfolded. But I agree, it seems more like a cover up than methodically planned out. JMO

Perhaps it's a house of cards! Those involved are claming up because nobody wants the truth to come out. I agree as well, it wasn't methodically planned out! It's just a matter of time before someone has the common sense to do the right thing, get a reduced sentence and put and end to the hurt! Enough is enough!

In the Heather Elvis case, social media is discussed in the basement. Maybe we could do that here?

The basement is part of the message board that you can see only if you are a member. Sometimes when things are not allowed in the regular message board, they allow it in the 'basement'. You can find the basement by going back to the WS homepage where all the various boards are listed and you will find it there.

In the Heather Elvis case, social media is discussed in the basement. Maybe we could do that here?

Wow....this case has many elements that mirror or ebb and flow with the Heather Elvis case! Those who know me, know I've stated that many times! Its only a matter of time before the truth comes to light with Heather's case. Heather's case is the bain of my existence, literally! Dani's case has reiterated and enforced what was missed in Heather's case. I'm really hopeful we never have to go to the parking lot for Danielle! I trust and believe in law enforcement. Apply pressure as needed and Danielle's case should be resolved. Someone needs to fess up, smarten up and put and end to this nightmare!

What about the possibility of her parking her car close to the door and what do you grab? Keys and phone?? Yes if you plan on going inside apartment real quick to grab things. She enters her apartment and is shocked when someone is inside of her apartment. She gets forced out of her apartment and forced to get in a vehicle. Could the someone in her apartment be someone she knows? Or maybe a previous renter? A neighbor ? If someone knew her routine and she came home 45 mins to 1 hour early could of been a shock to the person in her apartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who have been following cases for a long time, I have a question. I hope this isn't stupid, but if LE were to find fingerprints of a suspect (in general) inside the vehicle of a missing person, would that be enough to upgrade them to a POI? How long in other cases does it take for fingerprints to be matched?

I know we have no idea what, if any, evidence LE has however, not to sound stupid and naive or that I believe things on tv work the same as in realitu, but on those shows like dateline, I've seen quite a few where it is like *uses that creepy deep voice the voice over guy for these programs do* "LE enforcement found fingerprints in the victims car and a warrant was put out/he was brought in for questioning/arrested"

I just wonder if that would be enough to at least make someone an official POI or suspect because I'd imagine the first thing someone in that position would say is they've been in the victims car in the past

What led me to this question is reading the convo here regarding if people think this was premeditated and planned or if it's more so that the person didn't know ahead of time that he was going to commit a crime against DS and covered his tracks afterwards.

I haven't made my mind up on this as both theories are possible but if it wasn't preplanned, you would think the person who committed the crime wouldn't have the supplies needed to ensure no fingerprints or anything were left behind. Had he planned it out, I'd imagine he would of brought rubber gloves and other items needed to hide his tracks

Ok, talking about prints just made me think of this, it might be silly but I don't think I've seen it brought up

I live nearby and I am pretty sure no snow was on the ground but it's always kinda mucky and wet outside during winter and I remember it was slightly wet around here on Dec 2nd because my dog ollie has only 3 working legs and I took him to the emergency vet after he slipped coming up the back porch..

Anyway...tonight it was raining and I was super careful not to get mud on my boots however my boots trudged in a bit of water and mud anyway and left a somewhat decent shoe print impression on the cars floor. If the suspect got into the vehicle, I wonder if his shoes could of left some sort of impression or mark which would most likely be much larger than DS. We've discussed wondering how LE could think that she didn't drive her car home herself, and we've had much talk of possibly the positioning of the seat/steering wheel/mirrors could of been a tip off but I wonder if it's possible that he left any shoe prints on the floor of the drivers side that would be too large to be DS? Far fetched?

I wonder if her vehicle was missing the floor mats when they searched it? If this was spur of the moment and the person who took her didn't take proper precautions initially if he was in the vehicle with her, I'd imagine he would after the fact try and clean the inside of the car of any fingerprints or shoe impressions before bringing it back to IGA. Perhaps, huge long shot I know, he stopped somewhere, a self serve car wash place to clean the inside and vacuum the floor of the car. It would be risky to do that at the home because neighbors may hear you cleaning or vacuuming and notice but I've seen people stopped at the car wash on the corner of my friends street, at weird hours and never gave it a second thought.

I know this sounds kinda kooky, my main point overall is that I think it could be possible for someone to leave behind shoe prints

Yes I agree and think I would do same. Hope I would. Once you hit the secondary crime scene your odds are slim to none. Then there is the fight, flight, freeze.....

And that fight, flight or freeze...it's unpredictable even with yourself! At least it has been for me. Times when I thought I would do such and such in a situation, well, the situation happened and I did the opposite with no control over how I reacted!

I feel like something is about to boil over with this?

Oh, I think it's about to go off for sure soon. I'm not bringing social media crap over here but I'm seeing grumblings from some that are quite close to key players in the case. I'm not talking about trolls on reddit either.
I don't think we will be sitting on our hands too much longer.

Oh, I think it's about to go off for sure soon. I'm not bringing social media crap over here but I'm seeing grumblings from some that are quite close to key players in the case. I'm not talking about trolls on reddit either.

Yep. It's making me anxious.

thanks, all. Nice to see a few new thoughts. Lia__, I agree if there were any signs of fingerprints or shoe impressions then LE would definitely have tried to find the person they belong to. They would need something to compare them to, so it could take time to find a match.

I do hope the feeling of things "about to break open" is correct. I don't follow much by way of social media, so I get most of my info from here. Fingers are definitely crossed!

I feel it's been too long without anything like the posts above say. I know this happens in cases but I have a good feeling about this week. Hopefully it is all good news but if not, hoping for at least something. [emoji1374]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who have been following cases for a long time, I have a question. I hope this isn't stupid, but if LE were to find fingerprints of a suspect (in general) inside the vehicle of a missing person, would that be enough to upgrade them to a POI? How long in other cases does it take for fingerprints to be matched?

I know we have no idea what, if any, evidence LE has however, not to sound stupid and naive or that I believe things on tv work the same as in realitu, but on those shows like dateline, I've seen quite a few where it is like *uses that creepy deep voice the voice over guy for these programs do* "LE enforcement found fingerprints in the victims car and a warrant was put out/he was brought in for questioning/arrested"

I just wonder if that would be enough to at least make someone an official POI or suspect because I'd imagine the first thing someone in that position would say is they've been in the victims car in the past

What led me to this question is reading the convo here regarding if people think this was premeditated and planned or if it's more so that the person didn't know ahead of time that he was going to commit a crime against DS and covered his tracks afterwards.

I haven't made my mind up on this as both theories are possible but if it wasn't preplanned, you would think the person who committed the crime wouldn't have the supplies needed to ensure no fingerprints or anything were left behind. Had he planned it out, I'd imagine he would of brought rubber gloves and other items needed to hide his tracks

POI isn't really a legal term or an "official" LE term that is defined in any way. It's a term that came into fashion because LE was reluctant to call people "suspects". There are plenty of times when someone is a "suspect" in that LE suspects them of a crime, when LE won't even call them a "POI". For instance, in the Hannah Graham case, LE quickly learned who she was last seen with -- Jesse Matthews (who later pled guilty to her murder and was convicted of the murder of Morgan Harrington) -- and the most the police chief would say is, "I would not say he's a 'POI', but he's a person and I'm interested in him." I mean, if I recall, this is after Jesse Matthews went on the lam, after his apartment was searched and his car seized, so he was definitely a POI as we understand the term and also a suspect as any reasonable person would understand the term. At the end of the day, it's all sort of semantics.

Yep. It's making me anxious.

It's making me extremely nervous as well. They have to go to LE right away before divulging too much where the whole world can see it, including whoever that may be responsible for Danielle's disappearance. I trust that their intentions are good, and that they have information that will help break the case; however, it is absolutely critical -especially at this point- that that information remains in the hands of LE.<modsnip>

It's making me extremely nervous as well. They have to go to LE right away before divulging too much where the whole world can see it, including whoever that may be responsible for Danielle's disappearance. I trust that their intentions are good, and that they have information that will help break the case; however, is absolutely critical -especially at this point- that that information remains in the hands of LE. <modsnip>.

I'm an the anxiety train with you all! Trying not to get my hopes up for something big to happen, but it would be amazing to see something in this case break. She needs to come home!

Yes! It's frustrating, because by definition, we can't discuss them until officially named a POI and often times we never get that confirmation from LE or the words contradict themselves. In the case of Stacey Smart (still missing), carpet was replaced and the BF (last to see her) claims he thought she had left him, hence never reporting her missing. LE's statement seems to imply anyone is fair game, yet we can't really talk about the one with all the answers. JMO

Although Trinity County Sheriff Bruce Haney told the Journal last week that the &#8220;boyfriend&#8221; is not currently considered a person of interest in the case, Whitman said everyone who had contact with Smart is a person of interest, and &#8220;we haven&#8217;t ruled out anybody.&#8221;
http://www.trinityjournal.com/news/local/article_0186542a-b6a6-11e6-bebe-476f9dace23b.html

POI isn't really a legal term or an "official" LE term that is defined in any way. It's a term that came into fashion because LE was reluctant to call people "suspects". There are plenty of times when someone is a "suspect" in that LE suspects them of a crime, when LE won't even call them a "POI". For instance, in the Hannah Graham case, LE quickly learned who she was last seen with -- Jesse Matthews (who later pled guilty to her murder and was convicted of the murder of Morgan Harrington) -- and the most the police chief would say is, "I would not say he's a 'POI', but he's a person and I'm interested in him." I mean, if I recall, this is after Jesse Matthews went on the lam, after his apartment was searched and his car seized, so he was definitely a POI as we understand the term and also a suspect as any reasonable person would understand the term. At the end of the day, it's all sort of semantics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo