MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo, exactly.

which is why I lean toward this being what they term in Brit inquests as " death by misadventure" on the part of DS--followed by a cover-up by FG/SG/Whomver.

I think if the police hit on DS's blood at the house during any of their multiple searches, we're much further along in this case.

And hard to see the police just letting FG/FG's wife immediately and uninterruptedly continue occupying what would then be an open and obvious violent crime scene.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...uthfield-2-Dec-2016-6&p=13052827#post13052827
I always lean toward strangulation before an OD, because it seems to be common when no evidence of a crime exists, until the body surfaces.

I always lean toward strangulation before an OD, because it seems to be common when no evidence of a crime exists, until the body surfaces.

I don't think he would've gone to such lengths to "cover up" and OD situation anyway. Especially if it involves the person the speculation has surrounded, who has numerous ties to the law enforcement community. It seems Michigan's new good samaritan law went into effect earlier this month but it was passed by congress and reported on before DS went missing. It hadn't officially been signed yet but I don't think he would've faced charges if she had OD'd and he called 911. After they passed the bill, it became low priority. I don't think they would've wasted the resources going after him 3 weeks before the new law would've exempted him from prosecution for it. And I'm sure he must've known about the new law and whatnot considering his career path.

I mean, I guess there's a chance he didn't want to risk his career and reputation but I still don't see him risking a lengthy prison sentence to try to cover up something like an OD that would otherwise not put him there. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I also don't think DS was into any drugs aside from maybe weed.

I don't know what primary/ancillary evidence traces strangling someone leaves (defensive wounds? broken furniture from a struggle? some bleeding? skin & hair traces?) No idea.

The other aspect is that FG's people are more likely to stand firmly in his corner if'n they believe DS was the cause of her own demise. And that the only thing FG fessing up would do is tag FG with various felonies for life and result in FG being locked up for a few to 10? more? years.

Not sure what the penalties might be if FG somehow had a hand in providing something that DS misadventured on.

Plus the additional criminal charges for tampering with/moving DS post-mortem.

A few years to 10 year sentence and a felony or two might seem relatively inconsequential compared to life-without-parole for a Murder 1 charge; but who among us would voluntarily step forward to have your life permanently derailed and have to eat prison food for years and years? And would your close friends/family be pushing you to do that to yourself? knowing that it wasn't going to bring the other person back and that the other person was, in their minds, primarily responsible for what happened to them.

I dunno, if'n I'm a black guy who provided something that a white girl OD'd and died on in my house....dunno if I'm trusting that this not quite law yet good samaritan thing--which wasn't even law yet AND has yet to be tested in and interpreted by the courts- -is gonna keep me outta prison.

Also, I would guess the good samaritan thing would not shield FG or anyone from prosecution for a felony for illegally providing the substances that the person OD'd on. but that's prolly up to the courts to sort out, as is always the situation with these new laws...takes a few cases going through the lengthy appeals process for the courts to flesh out and delineate the parameters of these new legislative acts. i wouldn't wanna be a test case.

And considering that the law wasn't even in effect at the time? Appeals court would have little choice but to side with the prosecution.

Sure, if it was BYOD and OD? that's one thing. But if'n she went there to get some of the good cancer opiates? that's another.

I dunno, if'n I'm a black guy who provided something that a white girl OD'd and died on in my house....dunno if I'm trusting that this good samaritan thing's gonna keep me outta prison.

Also, I would guess the good samaritan thing would not shield FG or anyone from prosecution for a felony for illegally providing the substances that the person OD'd on.

Sure, if it was BYOD and OD? that's one thing. But if'n she went there to get some of the good cancer opiates? that's another.

It provides immunity for possession and use. So the crux is the quantity you've got at the scene. Provided his background, I really think he would've just called 911 if it was an overdose, unless he had a meth lab in his basement or was running a drug trafficking ring or something. Otherwise, who's to say she didn't just bring her own or go through his med cabinet or whatever? If it involves a regular quantity and just 2 people, it's hard to prove they weren't just hanging out getting high together as opposed to him selling her stuff. Especially if she was in his presence when doing whatever...

Black guy with a white girl doesn't make a whole lot of difference in Berkley or Farmington Hills. He lived in a decent neighborhood, went to a private Catholic school, and his line of work means he likely wouldn't have been treated as some lowlife sketchy dealer from the east side of Detroit who preys on young white girls from rich suburbs. I don't know. That's just my opinion. I just don't think he would've risked going to prison for the rest of his life by failing to call 911 because he was worried he'd get popped for a possession crime, which aren't even being prosecuted in those scenarios.

That scenario truly makes the least amount of sense to me of all the possible scenarios we've discussed in this case. Mostly because I'm sure the protocol for treating OD cases for emergency personnel have changed due to the new laws and I imagine he would've been aware of the immunity clause and early symptoms of OD.

I don't believe for one second that Dani OD'd unless she OD'd on a date rape drug that the SG slipped her, but even that is unlikely. He may have lured her into the house--perhaps asking her to meet his sick wife, who wasn't actually there--but I think he already had her under his control and forced her into the house. I keep going back to the fact that Dani never texted her friend to say that she was delayed, and I think she would have done so if she could have.
There are certain kinds of evidence that LE could have found in the first search that could not have been tested on site. For instance, if they confiscated his handcuffs and wanted to test them for Dani's DNA, that would take time.

It provides immunity for possession and use. So the crux is the quantity you've got at the scene.

Again, a brand new, not even in effect at the time law. A law that's not been tested in the courts. Simply glancing at the relevant section in MCL I find:

"(5) The exemption from prosecution under this section provided in subsection (3) does not prevent the investigation, arrest, charging, or prosecution of an individual for any other violation of the laws of this state or be grounds for suppression "

that's a pretty broad statement by the legislature. What they gave with one-hand (or one paragraph) they appear to undermine with the other hand/this paragraph. There's a very good chance the courts--at the behest of appealing prosecutors--will use that very broad language in paragraph 5 to draw the line somewhere other than where you or I or even the legislature might draw the line.

Who wants to spend 3 to 5 eating prison grub while waiting for their case to work its way through the appeals courts to figure out where that line will ultimately be drawn.

And the law wasn't even in effect at the time. So, in legal terms, it believe it's a moot point. Dude wouldn't even get his day in (appeals) court.

I have one question, and its just a question to which i don't know the answer. Is it CONFIRMED that the SG in question is currently present and accounted for? If he disappeared (or went on an extended vacation) around the time DS went missing I could see why that could lead to some curiosity by LE, and/or the lack of an arrest even if they wanted to make an arrest. I know an attorney is involved, and communicated to MSM that his client wasn't talking...but counsel could occur even from a remote location. So again I ask, do we know for a fact that LE or anyone at least knows where the SG is? (I'm not asking where he is...I don't event want to know that), I'm just circus if he's definitely "around".

There are rumors but without violating the TOS, we aren't really going to be discuss his whereabouts unless a reporter decides to mention his known whereabouts in a news article.

I keep going back to the fact that Dani never texted her friend to say that she was delayed, and I think she would have done so if she could have..

Couldn't that also be interpreted as DS's friend being somewhat-to-fully aware of why DS was cutting out of work early etc and thus no need to text her friend "I'm at FG's, doing that thing"? Or even just DS NOT wanting to have to explain to her friend where she was/what she was doing? not the best idea to text out your plans to do certain activities.

Again, a brand new, not even in effect at the time law. A law that's not been tested in the courts. Simply glancing at the relevant section in MCL I find:

"(5) The exemption from prosecution under this section provided in subsection (3) does not prevent the investigation, arrest, charging, or prosecution of an individual for any other violation of the laws of this state or be grounds for suppression "

that's a pretty broad statement by the legislature. What they gave with one-hand (or one paragraph) they appear to undermine with the other hand/this paragraph. There's a very good chance the courts--at the behest of appealing prosecutors--will use that very broad language in paragraph 5 to draw the line somewhere other than where you or I or even the legislature might draw the line.

Who wants to spend 3 to 5 eating prison grub while waiting for their case to work its way through the appeals courts to figure out where that line will ultimately be drawn.

And the law wasn't even in effect at the time. So, in legal terms, it believe it's a moot point. Dude wouldn't even get his day in (appeals)court.

Well, it wasn't in effect but it was already passed and signed by the governor and there was a directive issued that municipalities shouldn't waste resources on prosecution on those offenses so I doubt Oakland County would've gone against it. 3-5 v. life seems like an obvious choice to me but we can agree to disagree here.

She didn't do hard drugs, though. When the facts come to light, you'll see that.

Couldn't that also be interpreted as DS's friend being somewhat-to-fully aware of why DS was cutting out of work early etc and thus no need to text her friend "I'm at FG's, doing that thing"? Or even just DS NOT wanting to have to explain to her friend where she was/what she was doing? not the best idea to text out your plans to do certain activities.

Yes, but again, don't think it was drugs. I do think this fact lends itself to the friend knowing about something that hasn't been made public yet, such as DS being in some type of relationship with him. I'd personally be a lot less concerned about a friend who bailed on me if I knew she was meeting up earlier in the night with a dude she was hooking up with than if she was meeting up with her drug dealer. That would probably cause me to like... not be worried enough to call the cops until 24 hours later.

Ok, if it wasn't an OD, some other passing of DS sans violence?

Primarily I don't think a violent attack of DS happened at that house last month.

LE activity, the activity of the occupants, the support of the relevant potential POI by friends/family suggests that (at least to me). And as others have noted, it seems likely no DS blood was found. At least no blood suggesting an act of violence toward her took place in that location last month. We don't know. But it seems like a valid scenario, given all the above factors (and the few details we know + LE's course of conduct).

Perhaps a strangulation? I dunno there. Seems like a hyper-violent act that'd leave traces? Maybe dude had a Dexter style kill-room set up. No idea.

A Lauren Spierer type OD + cover-up makes sense in so many ways, at least to me.

someone posted a video of DS. Maybe just because the family didn't share any videos previously; but watching the recently posted video of DS I got a disconnect btw how DS came across in this recent video and my heretofore pics and words only idea of DS. and the video version of DS makes a lot more sense to me than what I'd previously imagined.

someone posted a video of DS. Maybe just because the family didn't share any videos previously; but watching the recently posted video of DS I got a disconnect btw how DS came across in this recent video and my heretofore pics and words only idea of DS. and the video version of DS makes a lot more sense to me than what I'd previously imagined.

Not following you here. Can you please elucidate?

There's a video of DS going around. I saw it recently/last night. Wasn't what I was expecting. But, in retrospect, should've expected?

... the video version of DS makes a lot more sense to me than what I'd previously imagined.

Well... I know her family and I still just don't see it. Plus, she worked with her mom so it seems like if she had an issue with opiates (cancer pain meds?), it would've been noticed by those close to her and someone would've leaked it by now. I DO think that when this is all said and done, she will not be the same person who has been painted for the public on social media. That's not to say I think she did hard drugs or isn't a great person, but I do think there is going to be something about her life that even those close to her weren't aware of. Whether that's that she had a stalker or that she smoked weed or that she was sleeping with a married guy, or whatever, I do think something people who have followed the case on social media alone will be surprised about. (I don't mean that to sound like I'm criticizing her or saying she deserved anything. Just noting that people can keep secrets.) Considering her work situation with her mom and how close she is with her family, it just really seems that if there was an underlying drug issue there, they would've known. IF that was the case, I can see why they would've kept that on the DL initially, while trying to build a social media following. But now? It's been nearly 2 months so if they knew she was involved with drug dealers to any extent, I don't see why they would withhold that fact. It could help find her. You're right, though. We have no idea what LE found in that house. That is a very good point. For all we know, he did have a torture room. Or was manufacturing drugs in the garage. We really don't have a clue.

That said, I also don't think some hyper violent attack occurred there. Just because they haven't told us they found blood or DNA in the house doesn't mean they haven't but considering all that was going on in his life at the time, I think it would've been nearly impossible for him to disappear her, kill her, drive the car back, clean up his home enough to require LE to come looking several different times, taken his wife to hospital, gotten rid of other key evidence, like phone, keys and a body, and then make it to the beer pong tournament the next morning. It seems like that's a bit much. I haven't ruled out some type of accident or a heat of passion situation (e.g., Sex choking gone wrong or fell down the stairs in the midst of an argument or strangulation in the midst of argument, etc.) It wouldn't require nearly as much effort as a premeditated situation would and would also be easier to clean up. Hell, he could have just taken her somewhere and has her chained up in some cabin in the woods or something. He also could have drugged her with the intent to rape her and then she could've overdosed, and I guess that might be a good reason to cover it up. We really don't know. I am leaning toward something less violent in nature, though, like you seem to be.

I also haven't ruled out that it could end up being someone other than who everyone suspects at this point. There simply isn't enough verifiable information to come to any real conclusions at this point, which is pretty frustrating. Hope there is some new info soon.

Ok, if it wasn't an OD, some other passing of DS sans violence?

Primarily I don't think a violent attack of DS happened at that house last month.

LE activity, the activity of the occupants, the support of the relevant potential POI by friends/family suggests that (at least to me). And as others have noted, it seems likely no DS blood was found. At least no blood suggesting an act of violence toward her took place in that location last month. We don't know. But it seems like a valid scenario, given all the above factors (and the few details we know + LE's course of conduct).

Perhaps a strangulation? I dunno there. Seems like a hyper-violent act that'd leave traces? Maybe dude had a Dexter style kill-room set up. No idea.

A Lauren Spierer type OD + cover-up makes sense in so many ways, at least to me.

Why do you think no blood has been found? I think evidence of cleaned-up blood has been found.

Hello all,
Back in 2001 in Deaborn Heights, Mi (Wayne County) a young woman by the name Amy Derewitz came up missing June 3, 2001 after 2 years of never finding her, Amy's ex boyfriend was arrested and charged with Murder on circumstance evidence, no body. In the end Wayne county courts charged David Kniga with Voluntarily Manslaughter. His sentence was 5 to 15 years. He did 13 years, paroled almost 2 years ago and living a pretty good life as of now. Amy has never been found as of yet.
I pray Dani is found safe. I also pray she doesn't end up like Amy. Hoping, Praying for Dani and Family ❤🕇🕯

Well... I know her family and I still just don't see it. Plus, she worked with her mom so it seems like if she had an issue with opiates (cancer pain meds?), it would've been noticed by those close to her and someone would've leaked it by now. I DO think that when this is all said and done, she will not be the same person who has been painted for the public on social media. That's not to say I think she did hard drugs or isn't a great person, but I do think there is going to be something about her life that even those close to her weren't aware of. Whether that's that she had a stalker or that she smoked weed or that she was sleeping with a married guy, or whatever, I do think something people who have followed the case on social media alone will be surprised about. (I don't mean that to sound like I'm criticizing her or saying she deserved anything. Just noting that people can keep secrets.) Considering her work situation with her mom and how close she is with her family, it just really seems that if there was an underlying drug issue there, they would've known. IF that was the case, I can see why they would've kept that on the DL initially, while trying to build a social media following. But now? It's been nearly 2 months so if they knew she was involved with drug dealers to any extent, I don't see why they would withhold that fact. It could help find her. You're right, though. We have no idea what LE found in that house. That is a very good point. For all we know, he did have a torture room. Or was manufacturing drugs in the garage. We really don't have a clue.

That said, I also don't think some hyper violent attack occurred there. Just because they haven't told us they found blood or DNA in the house doesn't mean they haven't but considering all that was going on in his life at the time, I think it would've been nearly impossible for him to disappear her, kill her, drive the car back, clean up his home enough to require LE to come looking several different times, taken his wife to hospital, gotten rid of other key evidence, like phone, keys and a body, and then make it to the beer pong tournament the next morning. It seems like that's a bit much. I haven't ruled out some type of accident or a heat of passion situation (e.g., Sex choking gone wrong or fell down the stairs in the midst of an argument or strangulation in the midst of argument, etc.) It wouldn't require nearly as much effort as a premeditated situation would and would also be easier to clean up. Hell, he could have just taken her somewhere and has her chained up in some cabin in the woods or something. He also could have drugged her with the intent to rape her and then she could've overdosed, and I guess that might be a good reason to cover it up. We really don't know. I am leaning toward something less violent in nature, though, like you seem to be.

I also haven't ruled out that it could end up being someone other than who everyone suspects at this point. There simply isn't enough verifiable information to come to any real conclusions at this point, which is pretty frustrating. Hope there is some new info soon.

I completely agree with all your points. Very well written.

There's a video of DS going around. I saw it recently/last night. Wasn't what I was expecting. But, in retrospect, should've expected?

Not sure what you are implying by this comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member