MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I would rule it out at this point. It may be an easier route to obtain an arrest with DS still missing (and a certain someone not talking). With so many agencies involved, it's hard to speculate what else may be going. JMO

I have a question that I know someone will be kind enough to answer.

Is it possible that a Grand Jury has been convened and that is what is happening now?

Thanks all in advance!

There has been much talk about safety and working security cameras in this case, especially in parking lots.

I wonder whether people who have followed this case will request their parking lots to be monitored with working security cameras.
Or some sort of increased security measure. I hope so.

Sometimes during cases such as this, people look around and see that the security in their area is lacking.

It amazes me how many fake or inoperable cameras seem to be in place. I followed GigTu's suggestion and jumped on the thread for Maricela Garcia and once again, cameras were not working and are of no help. It seems to be a common thread in many cases here. But then I wonder if possibly some are working and LE has obtained video, but would rather the public think otherwise. Someone posted a while ago about it being a liability. I think AA may have mentioned that she didn't see IGA putting them in place. I suppose if something was caught on camera and the complex was found to be negligent, it could pose a problem. JMO

There has been much talk about safety and working security cameras in this case, especially in parking lots.

I wonder whether people who have followed this case will request their parking lots to be monitored with working security cameras.
Or some sort of increased security measure. I hope so.

Sometimes during cases such as this, people look around and see that the security in their area is lacking.

I have a question that I know someone will be kind enough to answer.

Is it possible that a Grand Jury has been convened and that is what is happening now?

Thanks all in advance!

The impaneling of a grand jury doesn’t happen too often in Oakland County. A review of records going back 25 years indicates that grand juries were impaneled in 1989, 1995 and most recently in 1998.

Because it is a rare occurrence, I thought it might be of interest to readers to provide information about the grand jury – its purpose, powers and other interesting facts...

https://www.oakgov.com/courts/circuit/Documents/laches/june-11-c.pdf

Anything is possible but I very much doubt it. It's very likely something more would have leaked, or at the very least, the fact that a legal proceeding was taking place would have come out. They clearly have more evidence than they are telling the public at this point but even if all the speculation is true, that's not enough to convict someone. A grand jury recommending prosecution won't change that. I doubt this even sees a grand jury. If and when they have enough evidence to pursue through traditional means, they will. Don't think it'll happen beforehand. Grand juries are relatively rare in Michigan.

:tyou: Hardly ever hear of Grand Juries in Michigan, and extremely unlikely that Oakland County Prosecutor, Jessica Cooper, would ever impanel a Grand Jury.

The impaneling of a grand jury doesn’t happen too often in Oakland County. A review of records going back 25 years indicates that grand juries were impaneled in 1989, 1995 and most recently in 1998.

Because it is a rare occurrence, I thought it might be of interest to readers to provide information about the grand jury – its purpose, powers and other interesting facts...

https://www.oakgov.com/courts/circuit/Documents/laches/june-11-c.pdf

Not sure if that is old, but this article is from 2016

In 2015, grand juries in Detroit handed down 396 indictments against 553 defendants. Typically, there are four to five active grand juries at work in the courthouse, officials said.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...3/grand-juries-serve-justice-secret/86665082/

Not sure if that is old, but this article is from 2016

In 2015, grand juries in Detroit handed down 396 indictments against 553 defendants. Typically, there are four to five active grand juries at work in the courthouse, officials said.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...3/grand-juries-serve-justice-secret/86665082/

That is about Detroit - Wayne County. Southfield (where Danielle works) and Farmington Hills (where she lives) are both in Oakland County. Different Prosecutors. Different Jurisdictions. Grand Jury proceedings are extremely rare in Oakland County.

Of note, as well, is that cases subject to Grand Juries in Detroit are primarily Federal crimes, not missing persons.

That is about Detroit - Wayne County. Southfield (where Danielle works) and Farmington Hills (where she lives) are both in Oakland County. Different Prosecutors. Different Jurisdictions. Grand Jury proceedings are extremely rare in Oakland County.

Of note, as well, is that cases subject to Grand Juries in Detroit are primarily Federal crimes, not missing persons.
Some people speculated that the reason LE asked for no searches was that Dani may have been taken across state lines, which would make it a federal case.

My opinion only: They have a POI who was linked to the first crime scene by eyewitnesses (where an abduction took place), they have video of the POI with DS in her car, the home of the POI has yielded or is expected to yield forensic evidence of crime, Danielle's car has also yielded forensic evidence that the POI was in the car, another vehicle that the POI could access has yielded evidence that Danielle was inside it, and they are simply hoping to turn up Danielle herself in order to arrest and indict. If, after a reasonable amount of time, they are unable to turn up Danielle, they will move forward with the evidence they have. But since there is no statute of limitations on murder, they are not going to rush with a no-body trial -- so they continue to look for Danielle.

I wondered the same and if there were any links to trafficking it would also become a federal case. Just hard to discount the number of agencies involved almost from the beginning.

Some people speculated that the reason LE asked for no searches was that Dani may have been taken across state lines, which would make it a federal case.

Sadly, I think you may be right. The Tera Smith case comes to mind and I pray DS's family does not have to endure years of not knowing and worse yet, not getting justice. I'm hoping there was an accomplice here as that would increase the odds of information getting out. But with the SG not talking, the chances of finding DS are getting slimmer. JMO

My opinion only: They have a POI who was linked to the first crime scene by eyewitnesses (where an abduction took place), they have video of the POI with DS in her car, the home of the POI has yielded or is expected to yield forensic evidence of crime, Danielle's car has also yielded forensic evidence that the POI was in the car, another vehicle that the POI could access has yielded evidence that Danielle was inside it, and they are simply hoping to turn up Danielle herself in order to arrest and indict. If, after a reasonable amount of time, they are unable to turn up Danielle, they will move forward with the evidence they have. But since there is no statute of limitations on murder, they are not going to rush with a no-body trial -- so they continue to look for Danielle.

In that case FBI takes the lead over the case. That hasn't happened here.

So happy to see this thread open and on track!
#finddani

Hoping for a break for law enforcement or that the case they are building is stacking up.

Prayers of love and comfort to all who are searching for answers.

Sadly, I think you may be right. The'ra Smith case comes to mind and I pray DS's family does not have to endure years of not knowing and worse yet, not getting justice. I'm hoping there was an accomplice here as that would increase the odds of information getting out. But with the SG not talking, the chances of finding DS are getting slimmer. JMO
The difference is, they will have a mountain of forensic evidence in this case, so I don't think they'll wait too long. If they think they can prove abduction, they can charge the SG with that even if they're not prepared to bring a charge of murder just yet.

My opinion only, based solely on the widely reported multiple searches of Berkley house, and lack of any arrest up to this point- I believe that while LE is on the right track in this case, they simply lack the type of solid evidence that is required to move forward. My thought is that they searched the house because they know DS was there at one point. But is that enough evidence to arrest someone? Without a body, or witnesses, or hard evidence of foul play...couldnt the argument from the defense simply be "You know she went to the house, and so do we. She came, she left, end of story". If the prosecution lacks firm evidence to prove more then "DS was there"...I think they are at a standstill. They need something, anything solid that isn't just circumstantial. A body. A drop of blood. All they have now is a highly suspicious situation, but nothing that you could really convict with. And nobody who actually knows anything is talking (probably due to the counsel of an attorney). The colder this case gets, I don't see whats going to change about any of those things.

I have one question, and its just a question to which i don't know the answer. Is it CONFIRMED that the SG in question is currently present and accounted for? If he disappeared (or went on an extended vacation) around the time DS went missing I could see why that could lead to some curiosity by LE, and/or the lack of an arrest even if they wanted to make an arrest. I know an attorney is involved, and communicated to MSM that his client wasn't talking...but counsel could occur even from a remote location. So again I ask, do we know for a fact that LE or anyone at least knows where the SG is? (I'm not asking where he is...I don't event want to know that), I'm just circus if he's definitely "around".

My opinion only, based solely on the widely reported multiple searches of Berkley house, and lack of any arrest up to this point- I believe that while LE is on the right track in this case, they simply lack the type of solid evidence that is required to move forward. My thought is that they searched the house because they know DS was there at one point. But is that enough evidence to arrest someone? Without a body, or witnesses, or hard evidence of foul play...couldnt the argument from the defense simply be "You know she went to the house, and so do we. She came, she left, end of story". If the prosecution lacks firm evidence to prove more then "DS was there"...I think they are at a standstill. They need something, anything solid that isn't just circumstantial. A body. A drop of blood. All they have now is a highly suspicious situation, but nothing that you could really convict with. And nobody who actually knows anything is talking (probably due to the counsel of an attorney). The colder this case gets, I don't see whats going to change about any of those things.

I agree. There is a reason LE hasn't named an official POI yet or released photos of him, his vehicle, or stills from her with him on camera at some point. They are still asking for eyewitnesses who may have seen something to come forward. They aren't releasing names and photos because either: (1) they don't have enough on SG to risk ruining his life if he's actually innocent or (2) they are trying to preserve potential eyewitness testimony from anyone who may have seen something and they just haven't come forward yet. If they show the picture of the guy, anyone who comes forward won't be able to ID him or his car in a line up. Well, they will be able to but they will have already been exposed to those images in the media, so the ID will be worthless.

Eyewitness IDs are not very useful anyway (unless that person saw the actual crime occur) so their nonstop pleas for people to come forward if they saw her car or her with anyone or under duress, etc., makes me think they are lacking solid actual evidence to connect the dots still.

My opinion only, based solely on the widely reported multiple searches of Berkley house, and lack of any arrest up to this point- I believe that while LE is on the right track in this case, they simply lack the type of solid evidence that is required to move forward. My thought is that they searched the house because they know DS was there at one point. But is that enough evidence to arrest someone? Without a body, or witnesses, or hard evidence of foul play...couldnt the argument from the defense simply be "You know she went to the house, and so do we. She came, she left, end of story". If the prosecution lacks firm evidence to prove more then "DS was there"...I think they are at a standstill. They need something, anything solid that isn't just circumstantial. A body. A drop of blood. All they have now is a highly suspicious situation, but nothing that you could really convict with.

Bingo, exactly.

which is why I lean toward this being what they term in Brit inquests as " death by misadventure" on the part of DS--followed by a cover-up by FG/SG/Whomver.

I think if the police hit on DS's blood at the house during any of their multiple searches, we're much further along in this case.

And hard to see the police just letting FG/FG's wife immediately and uninterruptedly continue occupying what would then be an open and obvious violent crime scene.

One reason I don't think FG violently killed DS, following from what appears to be LE's theory that the crime occurred in the house on Robina-Oxford:

I don't think the police found any blood or other signs of a violent struggle and violent death in the Robina-Oxford house. If they had, they wouldn't have had to wait 2 full weeks to take the items they took the 2nd time.

Violently kill someone in a house, and a few days later the police are there maybe talking to you/looking at you but definitely raiding your house....blood splatter, defensive wounds, broken furniture, stained/missing carpet, hair, fibers from clothing, etc.

However, if someone OD's, there's far less of that sort of thing. Sure, a few fibers from clothing. But no blood and signs of a violent struggle (defensive wounds, broken furniture, holes in walls, etc)

Maybe the police found all of that. But I'm guessing they did not. Esp if they needed to take the cars (and maybe electronic items) in and process them before they had enough probable cause to go back for other items. Dunno if that's the case, but it's weird they didn't take what they took later right away. Assuming the initial warrant delineated certain items and they had to get those and validate their theory before going back for another warrant to take the other items.

Mobile forensics vans were over there that first week, for the first raid. If on the first raid they Luminol'd the house and hit on blood....? I don't think they'd have to wait 2 weeks to come back for the other items.

Hence, I'm leaning OD vs he beat her to death or shot her or knifed her.

See: the Lauren Spierer case for an example of where it's likely she OD'd in an apt and the police had full access to the apt right away and were unable to come up with enough evidence to make an arrest of the people there with her that night.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...uthfield-2-Dec-2016-6&p=13052827#post13052827

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal