Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ha...I think we all flagged it and it was taken down.

It's still there, but not displayed unless you choose to read it (I just did).

Such a sad ending, but I am glad she will not be suffering mentally any more. I just wish she had been able to seek treatment without a fear of losing her career.

At the time she went missing the weather was rather mild and lakes had not frozen yet. She went into water, she did not walk on ice. Later everything changed but and the time she went missing it was fairly nice weather.

I held out hope that you were still out there somewhere making a new life, Teleka, even though I knew in my heart it was unlikely. Such a sad ending. You are with the God you loved so much now, Teleka! RIP

My heart goes out to her family and friends. <3

At the time she went missing the weather was rather mild and lakes had not frozen yet. She went into water, she did not walk on ice. Later everything changed but and the time she went missing it was fairly nice weather.

I agree. At most there was some ice around the edges, not much. It had been in the 40s and low 50s F. (highs) for nearly a week before she arrived there. No way there was 2 to 3 inches of ice on that lake on the night of December 5.

Also, bear in mind that the lake surface would've been brightly illuminated by the very high and bright parking lot lights of the adjacent truck stop just to the west.

Sometimes, when people are hearing voices, those voices could tell them to do a number of things..jump off of ledges, in bodies of water, etc etc.

This shows that bodies do not always surface quickly, as is often believed, Imo. Sometimes natures decides.

I do hope that her family comes to see that Teleka's death, if she has been found, was likely an accident. I think she panicked when she saw or heard police and just ran off into the darkness. Jmo

I hope she is at peace and that somehow, her family finds peace soon as well.

Heartbreaking. Teleka's struggles seems to have ended before we ever knew of her. I pray her family will be able to come to peace.

Heartbreaking. Teleka's struggles seems to have ended before we ever knew of her. I pray her family will be able to come to peace.

This is so often the case...that the missing person is deceased before we ever know about him or her. So sad.

God bless this woman and her family. momoffourboys, when I read your post in the Malaysia thread my heart dropped.

A sad, sad ending to a short life. Sometimes we had glimpses into a beautiful mind on a roller coaster. Who was the architect of the rails - well there are more questions than answers to that.

Teleka's death, and where/how she was found, is not unexpected, which makes it no less sad.

I think that is all I want to say now, out of respect.

I'm waiting for confirmation, but have no doubt it's her. Sending up prayers for her family until it is confirmed. I am so sorry that all we could do here was too little, too late. I pray that her story is a message to the world that we have to stop stigmatizing mental illness. My own child was afraid to go to her psychology professors for help due to stigmatization. I encouraged her to rise above it. If anyone should understand, THEY should. She rose above it and asked for help. I pray for her. I pray for Teleka. Now, Teleka has risen above it all. God bless you sweet girl.

One wonders if they'd have brought in a water trained cadaver dog in the early days of December if they could have saved TP's family from four months of anguish of not knowing.

RIP Teleka.

Wow! I haven't been posting for a while but have been following Teleka's thread daily.

RIP Teleka

I'm waiting for confirmation, but have no doubt it's her. Sending up prayers for her family until it is confirmed. I am so sorry that all we could do here was too little, too late. I pray that her story is a message to the world that we have to stop stigmatizing mental illness. My own child was afraid to go to her psychology professors for help due to stigmatization. I encouraged her to rise above it. If anyone should understand, THEY should. She rose above it and asked for help. I pray for her. I pray for Teleka. Now, Teleka has risen above it all. God bless you sweet girl.

LittlePieces recently mentioned Teleka's NamUs profile did not have dental or DNA info. I reached out to Trooper Krebs who got the ball rolling to get her dentals in. I would not be surprised if the ME pulled them up when she was found.

Surprised that neither DNA nor dentals for TP have been entered into NAMUS. There would be numerous sources of DNA in her apartment, and a professional in medicine w. a beautiful smile like that has almost surely seen a dentist at least occasionally if not regularly.

It has seemed to me all along that her immediate family is having a very hard time coming to grips w. the concept that she might be deceased. Not having accessed the resources of NAMUS is one example imho.

I assume an xray has been added.

NamUs MP # 22883 has had changes made. You can view the case by clicking the url
The following fields have been changed: Photo Added

Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered

DNA is not updated. Keep your eyes on it. They should be reaching out for it next

Rest in peace, Dr. Patrick. It was time for you to come home to your family and friends. May they find comfort in the days ahead.

This is such a tragic ending.

My heart breaks for her family. I wish there was something we could do to take their pain away.

Does anyone know approximately how far from the car the body of water is located?

This is such a tragic ending.

My heart breaks for her family. I wish there was something we could do to take their pain away.

Does anyone know approximately how far from the car the body of water is located?

Too large for the margins, but this composite shows the distance is very close.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/.../Carlin1LakeCharles-MarApril2014.jpg~original

Teleka Patrick Case Archive:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...6&page=1&_suid=139681375730707225329182264224

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MISSINGPERSONSMYSTERIES
Back