Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very sad. But I'm glad that her family and friends won't have to be forever wondering what happened/where she is now. RIP Teleka

OMG!

I am so sorry to hear this! GB her family and friends. Teleka's struggles are over and she will never know emotional pain and confusion again.

So many predicted that she would still be in the area and maybe even in the lake. This was an innocent death. What some people will remember about Teleka is her online presence thanks to MSM. That is just wrong, IMO.

MOO

It looks like many people were right about TP being found very close to where her car was located.

I'm trying to view Lake Charles on Google and for some odd reason I can't seem to "walk" around it (I'm interested in viewing the terrain).

Could anyone link me?

Everyone said that's where she was... I guess the weather conditions caused them to miss her in the search.

Map of location, too big for the margins. http://media.mlive.com/kzgazette_impact/photo/teleka-patrick-map-in-indiana-8890f3b0b835bd57.jpg

It is understandable how she was missed during the winter and just now discovered by someone fishing. At least there will no longer be speculation as to what happened to her and her family can have some closure. Sad, nonetheless as she was so young and had such a promising future.

:(

MOO

Given that her remains have been kept in a very cold environment (despite being submerged for some time) would that fact make identification easier ?

It is understandable how she was missed during the winter and just now discovered by someone fishing. At least there will no longer be speculation as to what happened to her and her family can have some closure. Sad, nonetheless as she was so young and had such a promising future.

:(

MOO

The dogs followed her scent up to the road...and if I am looking at this map right, the lake is the other way..right?

Given that her remains have been kept in a very cold environment (despite being submerged for some time) would that fact make identification easier ?

Cold does preserve, but water does a number on a body.

The environment in which a dead body is placed also affects its rate of decay. For instance, bodies in water decompose twice as fast as those left unburied on land. Decomposition is slowest underground -- especially in clay or other solid substances that prevent air from reaching the body since most bacteria require oxygen to survive.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/body-farm1.htm

Only one dog and one handler (a retired policeman and his hound). Hard to say what the dog hit on but it probably wasn't Teleka unless she ran up to the road and then turned around and ran back to her car and beyond to Lake Charles which is only about 200 ft due north of where her car was found. It could have been transferred scent also, or just a false positive. It was, after all, one week later before the dog was employed, and the weather that week was very harsh.

Sadly, this is the outcome that I and several others predicted when Taleka first went missing. I will never forget her spirit. Though some had unkind words to say about Taleka, I genuinely liked her. She had a bright spirit. She had gumption. And she excelled in her life despite some real troubles.

May Taleka's family find some semblance of peace in the fact that she is finally found. Sleep in peace, Taleka. You were a hell of a woman in your too-short life.

BODY FOUND IN INDIANA LAKE PORTER, Ind. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - The private investigator looking for Teleka Patrick says there is "no doubt" her body was recovered today in an Indiana lake.

http://wwmt.com/shared/news/feature...-lake-teleka-patrick-19781.shtml#.U0HODa2IZh5

I feel for her family.

But I'm happy that they're going to be able to lay her to rest and not wonder for more weeks or months, or even years, like some do.

More than that, I'm glad that they're not even having to wait hours since news of the body being found to the certainty it's her.

So many find out it MAY be their loved one and then have to wait and wait for a definitive ID one way or another. I can't imagine the anguish of that on top of the rest of it.

Very sad. This was the outcome that was most likely to me. Prayers for her family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back