Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
TP deleted some of her Twitter posts and those got revealed as well. She did choose to post her thoughts, true.

Since the assertion is that TP's Twitter posts and her troubled story are helping or will help folks do something new or different, starting with awareness of mental illness issues, it will be interesting to see what actions are taken by those who now have this new or heightened awareness. Actions vs words.

The second autopsy confirmed the first....accidental drowning.
http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/cr...-autopsy-performed-on-teleka-patrick/7636579/

The two-hour procedure was performed in Marion County, Indiana by a forensic pathologist. Private investigator Jim Carlin of Battle Creek says the second autopsy did a much better job of confirming the findings of the first autopsy. Both autopsies concluded Patrick's death was the result of drowning.

A PI's job is to uncover facts. If Carlin were a lawyer or a PR person for the family, then his stance would be more acceptable to me. Carlin is making a mockery of the profession IMO if he is simply going along with what the family thinks happened because they are cutting him checks.

I find it baffling that SO many are quick to crucify Carlin without any facts or knowledge of his actions, or, inactions.

For all we know, he is doing and has done, everything that has been requested by the family since the day he was hired AND maybe was he was not charging a penny.
Did anyone ever consider that? I did.

RIP Teleka

It is a fact that he has willingly given interviews in print and on camera whereby he insinuates Marvin Sapp has been less than cooperative (only because MS refused to speak with him. He cooperated fully with police and was cleared) and therefore under a cloud of suspicion in the disappearance of Teleka Patrick.

He has done this repeatedly, for multiple stations and print news outlets. Many saw this for themselves for a fact, and many found it unprofessional abhorrent.

LE cleared MS early on, labeled him as a victim only, and even before they did clear him, they never publicly insinuated anything negative about him or any potential suspects.

It is highly unprofessional bordering on slander to do what JC has done, not matter who was/is paying his salary, or if he did it pro bono. We have a verified PI on this board who agrees JC's actions are/were not only unprofessional, but counter-productive to what he hoped to gain. You don't try to publicly browbeat/shame someone into cooperating with you. Especially when they have no legal obligation to do so.

That alone is enough for most to form their negative opinions on him. Even were he working for them pro bono, if he had a morally opposed to continuing to pursue a cleared stalking victim as a person of interest in Teleka's case, he could simply respectfully give them his condolences, wish them luck, and resign working for them.

Pastor Sapp has shown incredible grace throughout this whole ordeal and continues to do so.

I cannot guarantee I would have been as graceful and been able to keep quiet as he has if I were in his shoes.

If someone had stalked my children & me, LE came out & confirmed publicly I was nothing but a victim of this stalker,
then people kept accusing or insinuating that I murdered the stalker, I wouldn't be able to keep quiet or keep my composure as Pastor Sapp has.

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/cr...-autopsy-performed-on-teleka-patrick/7636579/

The two-hour procedure was performed in Marion County, Indiana by a forensic pathologist. Private investigator Jim Carlin of Battle Creek says the second autopsy did a much better job of confirming the findings of the first autopsy. Both autopsies concluded Patrick's death was the result of drowning.

Good. Now foul play can be ruled out...by everyone.

MOO

I'm sure that won't stop rumors of the Pastor's involvement. A good or even bad conspiracy is always looking for a landing spot. The Pastor owes nothing to no one. His privacy was breached as was his reputation.

How can the 2nd autopsy been deemed "a much better job" than the first? Same outcome, same pathological procedures used by pathologists. I guess the one paid for privately is the one to be deemed the better of the 2, even though the results are exactly the same. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that won't stop rumors of the Pastor's involvement. A good or even bad conspiracy is always looking for a landing spot. The Pastor owes nothing to no one. His privacy was breached as was his reputation.

How can the 2nd autopsy been deemed "a much better job" than the first? Same outcome, same pathological procedures used by pathologists. I guess the one paid for privately is the one to be deemed the better of the 2, even though the results are exactly the same. :rolleyes:

I thought the same thing regarding the 2nd autopsy being 'much better'. Were they (parents and/or Carlin) actually present for the first one? Also, I believe the first one is technically not 'complete'. In the first one, all signs point to accidental drowning, but technically, it is pending toxicology, right?

Is the second one including super fast-tracked toxicology results?

I also agree with your stance on conspiracy theories, landing spots and that MS owes nothing to no one! :seeya:

No, family members are never present when a state M.E. is doing an autopsy. LE will usually have 1 or 2 detectives present to witness it. I don't know, but I highly doubt family would be present even for a private autopsy. Who would want to see that sight?

I agree with all you have said but particularly the BBM.

I was so saddened to read about Dr. Patricks' death. I have followed this case here from the beginning. I agree that the social media postings from Dr. Patrick could paint a picture of a women struggling with acute mental illness. The scenerio of her death resulting for an acute break is a reasonable conclusion IMO; however, I do not believe it is a concreate conclusion because it is heavly based on conjecture and not fact. Thus, I find it understandable that the Patrick family have doubts. Denial is a normal part of the grieving process and given the lack of facts they have I don't fault them for wanting more proof. A second autopsy seems reasonable to me. Futhermore, we know nothing about what information P.I. Carlin has that has led him to his concerns about MS. Being mentally ill does not exclude the possibility of Teleka meeting up with foul play. In fact it makes her judgement questionable and thus she is at even greater risk for foul play. Do I think LE has it wrong? Probably not. However, LE has gotten it wrong plenty of times before and with a case so heavily rooted in assumption not facts I don't blame the family 1 bit for wanting more investigation. May Dr. Patrick rest in peace and her family be guided on this journey with love and support.

mjak

Pastor Sapp has shown incredible grace throughout this whole ordeal and continues to do so.

I cannot guarantee I would have been as graceful and been able to keep quiet as he has if I were in his shoes.

If someone had stalked my children & me, LE came out & confirmed publicly I was nothing but a victim of this stalker,
then people kept accusing or insinuating that I murdered the stalker, I wouldn't be able to keep quiet or keep my composure as Pastor Sapp has.

He really has been. There is a group that is asking him to "make peace" with the Patrick family.

I cannot wrap my mind around that concept. It is so sad.

I think apologizing is a bad idea. It would look like he had something to apologize for. He needs to move on and ignore it all. He's human, and I'm sure he felt bad about what happened. But that's all he can do. imo

He really has been. There is a group that is asking him to "make peace" with the Patrick family.

I cannot wrap my mind around that concept. It is so sad.

The group wants him to make peace with the Patrick family for unwittingly becoming the object of her delusional obsession? :facepalm:

They want him to "help the Patrick family find peace by talking with them and by participating in a vigil with the Patricks" They say as a man of God that is what he should do. I disagree. As a man of God IMO he should continue on going about his business, keeping himself, his name, his family and his ministry from being any more wrapped up in the drama of this case than they already have been through no choice of their own.

I feel he should, as a man of God, offer prayers for the family to find peace and for Teleka's soul to be at rest, but should be, and probably has been, doing so privately with zero publicity about it.

I do hope her family is able to come to some sense of peace, acceptance and closure about the circumstances of her passing. I hope that the pastor is able to move forward and continue to ignore those out there who would like to somehow attach him in some nefarious way to the tragic accident that took the light that was Teleka from this world so soon.

Was this autopsy paid for by the family? Unclear in the article..IMO

Was this autopsy paid for by the family? Unclear in the article..IMO
Yes, there were only the two being done. I hope this gives them peace and they can put Teleka to rest. I also hope this gives them the peace they need. I don't think they wanted to prove Teleka had been murdered, I think they needed to know she hadn't been. Now was the best time I guess.

WOW!, alot of us spent hours, days, weeks ging thru the tweets. I also went thru all the youtube videos, playlists, comments, FB friends etc. Btw, I found that I LOVED the praise and worship group she was in. I am glad Dr. Patrick was found even though I kept hoping she was still out there somewhere. Would I do it again? YES! If her family is still in denial then so be it, but don't make an innocent person your scapegoat.

My Brother died late at night on a country road going home the back way from a bar. (To avoid the police) Was it a deer? Did someone run him off the road? Was he drunk? Was he high? Conspiracy? The most logical explanation is he was a known drug user, was drinking in the bar and he chose to drive like that. Yes it's hard to admit this but it's the truth. A lawyer even called me and said it could have been the car. I hung up on him because deep in my heart I knew it was the crack and alcohol. I had been hiding alot of his known issues from my dear parents. But in the end they knew...because he had drug problems all through his teen years. They just didn't know alot of the details. I saved them some heartbreak.

RIP Teleka, you were loved for just being you. Not for what others expected you to be.

I thought the same thing regarding the 2nd autopsy being 'much better'. Were they (parents and/or Carlin) actually present for the first one? Also, I believe the first one is technically not 'complete'. In the first one, all signs point to accidental drowning, but technically, it is pending toxicology, right?

Is the second one including super fast-tracked toxicology results?

I also agree with your stance on conspiracy theories, landing spots and that MS owes nothing to no one! :seeya:

I found Carlin's comment very condescending and arrogant. The second autopsy was better yet both came to the same conclusions?:banghead: And the family's pathologist certainly couldn't have done toxicology tests, and had them returned in this short of time. So which one is being more thorough. It sure sounds like it's the State ME to me. Its just another dig Carlin must get in to put the state agencies down.

I know this will probably upset some on here, but this is just my opinion. Even though both autopsies are identical when it comes to cause of death this family just wont leave Pastor Sapp alone. They are determined to involve him and to make Teleka's death a crime so that Teleka's severe mental issues will be pushed aside and hopefully forgotten. JMOO

I have the deepest sympathy for them for losing their child, but enough is enough. This is not Kendrick Johnson's case where two different autopsies yielded two different CODs.

Their continued unfounded accusations against Pastor Sapp still puts him and his children at risk.

This is just not going to stop, and I wouldn't blame Pastor Sapp now if he obtained an attorney to send them an order to cease this nonsense immediately or else.

I really thought that once this case had been officially closed when the COD was ruled an accidental drowning, that Teleka could finally rest in peace, and Pastor Sapp, and his children could also get their lives back as they once knew it. It doesn't seem that is going to happen.

Imo, he is being victimized twice.:( What a shame and disgrace just because Teleka decided this was the man she was going to stalk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back