Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Id say normally a paster would help someone. But Im pretty sure 400 pieces of correspondence was a pretty good clue this one needed help he couldn't give. It would just encourage her to attach to him. This one he needed to stay completely away from because of her obsession for HIM. No way he could help her without encouraging her and getting in way over his head. If someone starts corresponding with me, I don't respond back but they move thousand of miles to be close to me I am gonna find that scary as heck. Due to the nature of him being the target of her obsession how in the world could he help her? As we all have seen, even taking legal action only kept her at distance but she just kept right on tweeting about her obsession. If he had gotten involved with someone how do we know this wouldn't have ended fatal attraction? Even without him responding she was determined in her mind. She didnt get rejection . Another woman may have just pushed her over the edge.

Well, this is a very difficult ending for me.

Like some of you, I'm struggling with this. The only logical conclusion is that the poor woman ran over the top of the berm, and fell in the water suddenly enough to prevent her from leaving it.

Someone on one of these forums, about the Lake Foss cars, posited that perhaps a whole lot of the missing persons were in lakes or creeks somewhere. I couldn't agree more.

That said, what I'd like to hear from the Sheriff is not that this case is "as solved as it's going to get." A theory on how Dr. Patrick got from the road to the lake would be appreciated. Was she running? Is the lake really that hard to see? Is the berm to steep? Where did she cross the fence? Any footprints, broken bushes, trampled fence?

If for no other reason than preventing others from falling in lakes, this would be good information to publish. Beyond that, could there be better protocols upon finding a lights-on car abandoned on the side of the road with a warm hood and a wallet inside?

I'm not ready to doubt that this was a freak accident, but there seems to be an awful lot of sloppy work here. Why didn't they run the dog on the other side of the fence? For that matter, why did they publicly state that the fence was impassible, while now they are saying it's broken down in a lot of places.

Again, the outcome may not have changed, but thorough work at the beginning might have 1) saved a life, or 2) saved a lot of money and effort. I see a lot of parallels here with the flight 370 situation. The safest plane ever built remains lost, in no small part due to intense bureaucratic incompetence. Next time, run the tags the next day, not a week later. Bring a non-retired dog, for crying out loud. And don't say the fence is impassible when in reality it couldn't stop a toddler.

</rant>

Well, this is a very difficult ending for me.

Like some of you, I'm struggling with this. The only logical conclusion is that the poor woman ran over the top of the berm, and fell in the water suddenly enough to prevent her from leaving it.

Someone on one of these forums, about the Lake Foss cars, posited that perhaps a whole lot of the missing persons were in lakes or creeks somewhere. I couldn't agree more.

That said, what I'd like to hear from the Sheriff is not that this case is "as solved as it's going to get." A theory on how Dr. Patrick got from the road to the lake would be appreciated. Was she running? Is the lake really that hard to see? Is the berm to steep? Where did she cross the fence? Any footprints, broken bushes, trampled fence?

If for no other reason than preventing others from falling in lakes, this would be good information to publish. Beyond that, could there be better protocols upon finding a lights-on car abandoned on the side of the road with a warm hood and a wallet inside?

I'm not ready to doubt that this was a freak accident, but there seems to be an awful lot of sloppy work here. Why didn't they run the dog on the other side of the fence? For that matter, why did they publicly state that the fence was impassible, while now they are saying it's broken down in a lot of places.

Again, the outcome may not have changed, but thorough work at the beginning might have 1) saved a life, or 2) saved a lot of money and effort. I see a lot of parallels here with the flight 370 situation. The safest plane ever built remains lost, in no small part due to intense bureaucratic incompetence. Next time, run the tags the next day, not a week later. Bring a non-retired dog, for crying out loud. And don't say the fence is impassible when in reality it couldn't stop a toddler.

</rant>

When I joined WS, they said the fence was too high to cross over...follow the dog
to the highway,etc.

As for LE I won't blame anyone, but I see incompetence, at every level of the social ladder everyday.

Don't forget the old adage.

" If you want something done right, do it yourself."

When I joined WS, they said the fence was too high to cross over...follow the dog
to the highway,etc.

As for LE I won't blame anyone, but I see incompetence, at every level of the social ladder everyday.

Don't forget the old adage.

" If you want something done right, do it yourself."
And I must say our WS member did! She went out and took photos of the sagging fence to prove it was NOT too high to cross over and there was at least one area where she could have easily gotten over to the lake.

bbm

And I must say our WS member did! She went out and took photos of the sagging fence to prove it was NOT too high to cross over and there was at least one area where she could have easily gotten over to the lake.

bbm

I knew from my own experience that Teleka could easily climb and go over the four foot fence. I have been climbing five foot barbed wire fences all during my life. Many of my family members have farms where 5 foot barbed wire fencing is common as rain.

I am 67 years old now and still climb fences with my grandchildren when we go across the barbed wire fence rather than walking 100+ feet away to open the big heavy gate going down to one of my in-laws fishing ponds.

And if the fence in front of Lake Charles is sagging due to age or many others crossing over it in the past and pushing it down it is a piece of cake to crossover.

Unfortunately, people do drown in all sorts of lakes/rivers/creeks when they fall in. I haven't heard about anyone else drowning in Lake Charles because they didn't know the lake was there.

That's probably because the ones that live in the area are likely the only ones that go there, and they would know the surroundings, including the berm going down to the lake. So I don't think any new safety measures have to take place because of what happened to Teleka. I really don't see another out of town person going to this area late at night when its dark.

Teleka accidental drowning in this particular lake was an anomaly imo based on all the circumstances that were going on with HER mental makeup that night. I just don't see a repeat of another drowning where safety measures would have to be enacted to prevent others from drowning in the same lake.

JMO

I knew from my own experience that Teleka could easily climb and go over the four foot fence. I have been climbing five foot barbed wire fences all during my life. Many of my family members have farms where 5 foot barbed wire fencing is common as rain.

I am 67 years old now and still climb fences with my grandchildren when we go across the barbed wire fence rather than walking 100+ feet away to open the big heavy gate going down to one of my in-laws fishing ponds.

And if the fence in front of Lake Charles is sagging due to age or many others crossing over it in the past and pushing it down it is a piece of cake to crossover.

Unfortunately, people do drown in all sorts of lakes/rivers/creeks when they fall in. I haven't heard about anyone else drowning in Lake Charles because they didn't know the lake was there.

That's probably because the ones that live in the area are likely the only ones that go there, and they would know the surroundings, including the berm going down to the lake. So I don't think any new safety measures have to take place because of what happened to Teleka. I really don't see another out of town person going to this area late at night when its dark.

Teleka accidental drowning in this particular lake was an anomaly imo based on all the circumstances that were going on with HER mental makeup that night. I just don't see a repeat of another drowning where safety measures would have to be enacted to prevent others from drowning in the same lake.

JMO

Nobody mentioned anything about a 4' fence that I can recall, or I missed it, i just recall people writing about the fence being too high.....they all assumed she hit the highway.

Nobody mentioned anything about a 4' fence that I can recall, or I missed it, i just recall people writing about the fence being too high.....they all assumed she hit the highway.

I believe you missed it and I don't believe everyone assumed she hit the highway! :twocents:

I believe you missed it and I don't believe everyone assumed she hit the highway! :twocents:

Agreed. A large majority of sleuthers (myself included) believed there was a high probability that she ditched her car running from her delusions, and if that were the case, she would be found near her car come spring.

The lake would be included in elements to which she could succumb.

I believe many sleuthers were skeptical when LE, PIs and others suggested Teleka couldn't get over/around that fence, or that it would be too difficult. It was sagging to about 3'6" in some spots (and Teleka was a relatively tall woman) and the fence must have points of entry. It's a public fishing spot!

JMO
Like you, I have been scaling barbed wire fences my whole life growing up in cattle country. I never doubted that Dr. Patrick could get over the fence and, in the darkness, go into the lake. And I believe you are correct, the chances of it happening again are near zero. The fence wasn't put up to keep people out of the lake anyway. It was put up to keep animals from crossing the highway.

However, this case was almost a copy of the woman who was found after the snow thawed not far from where her car was found still running on the highway. It was one of my first posts on Dr. Patrick's thread. Just goes to show we can learn from other cases and apply it within reason.

We did point it out repeatedly. ;) We also had the photo taken by our member personally of the sagging fence.

There was never an assumption on my part Dr. P hit the highway. I never believed she left the area.

Question on TP cause of death:

Would the coroner give the same conclusion "asphyxia by drowning" if a person merely choked on water as opposed to being submerged in it?

I'm curious...did she possibly fall face-down in the water and accidentally breathe some in? You can choke to death on a teaspoon of water...those of us who have almost choked on soda know it all too well. That certainly would explain her being found in only 3 feet of water.

Does anyone know the answer to my question? Thank you.

SIMILAR CASE TO DR. TELEKA PATRICK
VICTIM: AFRICAN AMERICAN FEMALE, VERY BEAUTIFUL, EDUCATED, MENTAL ILLNESS
ARTICLE POSTED AS IS- NONE OF THE COMMENTS AFTER THIS LINE ARE MINE.

Autopsy results for Stacey Nicole English, the Atlanta woman who disappeared December 26th and was subsequently found dead almost a month later, have finally been released.

[READ: Body Found Identified as Stacey Nicole English + Robert Kirk Wants "Fresh Start"]

The Fulton County Medical Examiner’s Office has announced that English, 36, who was missing almost a month before her body was discovered in a wooded area near Lakewood Fairgrounds, most likely died from hypothermia, and her death has been ruled “accidental”.

Details…

According to the AJC, the medical examiner’s office revealed that was no evidence of bodily harm, and toxicology tests showed no evidence of a drug overdose.

The Medical Examiner’s Office released the following statement yesterday (February 14, 2012):

“Based on a combination of information sources including the autopsy, the sequence of events and circumstances, toxicology results, medical and mental health records, and statements of witnesses and acquaintances, the most likely cause of Stacey English’s death is cold exposure complicating underlying neurological and psychiatric disorders,” the statement reads.

“Because cold exposure is an external, environmental condition, the manner of death has been classified as accident.

Atlanta police also issued a statement, saying that they now consider the case closed “as a result of the findings of the Fulton County Medical Examiner’s Office and the investigation conducted by the Atlanta Police Homicide Unit.”

To refresh your memory, English was a SunTrust Bank employee who resided in Buckhead. Her Volvo had been discovered abandoned, with the engine running, on Dec. 27 less than a mile away from where she was subsequently found a little less than a month later on January 23rd..

Robert Kirk, a male friend who was visiting from St. Louis, was the last person known to have seen English alive.

Kirk immediately became a “person of interest” in the case and it was reported that English asked him to leave her home after they’d gotten into some sort of argument. There was also another missing woman in Kirk’s hometown whose case was eerily similar to English’s.

[READ: Could St. Louis Man Be Connection Between Two Missing African-American Females?]

When interviewed, Kirk told detectives English began “acting peculiar” the night of Dec. 26, asking him if he was Satan. Another friend of English’s shared a similar account with police.

[Click HERE to View FULL Police Report (.pdf file)]

English’s badly decomposed body was found, nestled in a hole created by an uprooted tree, on Jan. 23 by two men searching for scrap metal.

While there are reports that English had tried to kill herself 3 years ago, family members have always maintained that they did not believe she would intentionally harm herself.

“There’s no doubt in my mind that there had to be some foul play,” Jamison said in a Jan. 26 interview with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

English’s mother and stepfather Kevin Jamison have yet to make a comment on the findings and truthfully, it still sounds a bit bizarre.

Hypothermia?? (yeah… I had to look it up)

A condition in which core temperature drops below the required temperature for normal metabolism and body functions which is defined as 35.0 °C (95.0 °F). Body temperature is usually maintained near a constant level of 36.5–37.5 °C (98–100 °F) through biologic homeostasis or thermoregulation.

If exposed to cold and the internal mechanisms are unable to replenish the heat that is being lost, a drop in core temperature occurs. As body temperature decreases, characteristic symptoms occur such as shivering and mental confusion.

This is Atlanta…the city where it was near 60 degrees on Christmas. How the hell did someone die of hypothermia? Maybe it’s just me, but something just doesn’t seem right…

R.I.P. Stacey Nicole English

Read more: http://straightfromthea.com/2012/02...sh-died-from-hypothermia-video/#ixzz2zGkBsy46

Weather statistics for Atlanta Fulton County airport, December 25 - December 31, 2011:

12/25 Min temp 39F
12/26 Min temp 35.1F
12/27 Min temp 42.1F
12/28 Min temp 30.9F
12/29 Min temp 26.1F
12/30 Min temp 32F
12/31 Min temp 37.9F

source: http://weathersource.com

Thanks LaLouve! I also checked the weather back when SE was missing. I posted the article "as is" because just like with Dr. TP, there was all kinds of speculation about foul play.

:seeya:

While it's possible that Teleka never saw the lake or that she tripped and fell into it, I think Teleka purposely walked into the lake. It may simply have been the spot the voices directed her to go to. I had a relative that suffered from similar delusions. Voices urge mentally ill people to do all sorts of nonsensical things: "Stand over there in that spot so the demons can't jump on you. Put your hands over your head so that angels will recognize you." We can see how easily a person could drown if they were going through something like that. Dr. Patrick had suffered terribly from mental afflictions for quite some time. We see an escalation of the anger, superstition, fear and confusion right up to her very last tweet. I take that as an indication that her mind had finally snapped completely.

I have a question though: I keep seeing comments on MS's page saying that as a pastor he should have tried to get her to get help instead of kicking her out of his church. I am not a Christian, so I don't know if that is a role that pastors typically fill? Or is it the norm that you get kicked out for violating the pastor's privacy?

Just jumping off from your post. I have a personal experience of how easily a drowning can occur with a mentally ill individual. About 15 years ago we had a house with a small pond in the backyard, nothing huge, your average subdivision pond found in a lot of neighborhoods. In January of that year a roofer noticed something bobbing up and down in the pond from the view of the roof he was on. Curiosity got the best of him and he discovered the object was a body. Come to find out, the body was of a lady who lived in a house across the street from our subdivision and had been missing for 3 weeks. She was mentally ill and had recently gone cold turkey off of some of her psychiatric medication. In the weeks leading up to her death she was found walking the highway in her bathrobe. She was not suicidal just completely out of reality. The police said her shoes were laying neatly next to the pond edge as if she had just slipped them off like she was at home and then just walked into the pond. She definitely could have lived if she was in her right mind because this pond was not that deep nor large in size. Again she was not suicidal, just doing risky behavior that seemed completely normal to her. I know it's not an exact case matching to Teleka but thought I would share this personal story into how easy it is for those mentally ill individuals to lose life saving techniques that most of us would normally have in the same situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon
Back