Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There are two memorial services tonight that will be live streamed at 6 pm and 7 pm and then her funeral is tomorrow at 9:30 am. Info about the live streaming is below.

Kalamazoo, MI: Thursday, April 24th at 6 PM
Trinity Temple SDA Church
1615 E G Ave, Kalamazoo Township, MI 49004

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/trinity-temple-sda-kalamazoo

New York, NY: Thursday, April 24th at 7 PM
Linden SDA Church
228-20 137th Ave, Jamaica, NY 11413

Live streaming: http://www.praizevision.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=139&Itemid=223
& Lindensdachurch.org

Friday:
Funeral for Dr Teleka Cassandra Patrick, MD, PhD
Orlando, FL: Friday, April 25th at 9:30 AM
Mount Sinai SDA Church

Live streaming at churchpond.com
Click on Live Broadcast or Search for “Mount Sinai” under the Churches tab

Monday:
California: Monday, April 28th at 6:30 PM
Loma Linda University Church of SDAs
11125 Campus St, Loma Linda, CA 92354
Live streaming: www.llu.edu/uw

If anyone who wants to attend her funerals I got this info from TP
fb page I help it will help those who are interested to go
show some love abs support thx

Kalamazoo, MI: Thursday, April 24th at 6 PM
Trinity Temple SDA Church
1615 E G Ave, Kalamazoo Township, MI 49004

www.ustream.tv/channel/trinity-temple-sda-kalamazoo

New York, NY: Thursday, April 24th at 7 PM
Linden SDA Church
228-20 137th Ave, Jamaica, NY 11413
Live streaming: http://www.praizevision.com

Friday:
Funeral for Dr Teleka Cassandra Patrick, MD, PhD
Orlando, FL: Friday, April 25th at 9:30 AM
Mount Sinai SDA Church
Live streaming at churchpond.com
Click on Live Broadcast or Search for “Mount Sinai” under the Churches tab

Monday:
California: Monday, April 28th at 6:30 PM
Loma Linda University Church of SDAs
11125 Campus St, Loma Linda, CA 92354
Live streaming: www.llu.edu/uw

TP wasn't a psychiatrist. She was an MD doing her a Psychiatry rotation (residency).

My opinion is that her family (particularly her brother, due to tweets he'd made in response to hers) was aware that something wasn't right with her but due to pride and high expectations, they chose to remain in denial. A shame they apparently had no use for her ex husband all because he wasn't Seventh Day Adventist - not very "Christian" if you ask me. It sounds like his life w/ TP was a nightmare yet he stuck by her for quite some time. Life with someone who's mentally ill is never easy.

Becoming an md was worth more to them, than her life....just crazy.

I think this is unduly harsh on the family, especially since whether they did or didn't try to get her treatment is a private matter that they may not wish to reveal to the public. The fact is that it is extremely difficult to get a mentally ill adult into treatment against their will. It appears that TP was delusional but functional. She had said that she did not want treatment. It was her legal right to decide whether she wanted treatment or not. A judge could only intervene if she was shown to be a danger to herself or others, and they need pretty compelling evidence of this, not just suspicions. Until that final night, it didn't appear that she was a danger to herself.

Families of severely mentally ill people walk a thin line. They can suggest and cajole, but if the mentally ill person pushes back, family members can become the "bad guys" if they keep trying to get the person into treatment. The ill person might cut off contact with them completely as paranoia increases. Many families back off in hopes of preserving some relationship with the ill person so that they can try another time.

The service just ended with a lovely prayer. Rest easy, Taleka.

I was able to catch some of it, and one speaker was (maybe?) the head of her (TP's) department - he did mention that her co-workers had met and talked about what might have happened after she went missing. It was good to hear that they got together and at least discussed the situation - there was speculation here about what they'd done (or not done), as there were no reports in MSM about it.

(been lurking for months, not much of a poster, but appreciate everything you folks do here!)

I think this is unduly harsh on the family, especially since whether they did or didn't try to get her treatment is a private matter that they may not wish to reveal to the public. The fact is that it is extremely difficult to get a mentally ill adult into treatment against their will. It appears that TP was delusional but functional. She had said that she did not want treatment. It was her legal right to decide whether she wanted treatment or not. A judge could only intervene if she was shown to be a danger to herself or others, and they need pretty compelling evidence of this, not just suspicions. Until that final night, it didn't appear that she was a danger to herself.

Families of severely mentally ill people walk a thin line. They can suggest and cajole, but if the mentally ill person pushes back, family members can become the "bad guys" if they keep trying to get the person into treatment. The ill person might cut off contact with them completely as paranoia increases. Many families back off in hopes of preserving some relationship with the ill person so that they can try another time.

No its not, its the truth they are writing about on this form, thats all!

Not accepting Calderon for a religious illusion is harsh, and being in denial of a daughters mental illness is even worst.

They accepted her degrees, but not her illness....no body wants their child to fail, and this was not her fault.

Correction. Becoming a MD was worth more to Dr. Patrick than her life. Leave her family out of this. This had nothing to do with them as she was an adult.

This post is coming to an end, what is left to be said, has all been said before.

Shes found, accidental death, better than most , who never find their loved ones.

Reading this post by chocolate made me really sad.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10407185&postcount=1116

"Still here reading along. I think of Dr. TP often.

I think she'll be found near her car suicide or accident or she has someone who loves her so much they are covering for her. With each day that passes though, it seems more unlikely.

I don't know. I still have strong feelings about TP. My heart aches for her and all that she has gone through. I have read a lot about schizophrenia and other forms of mental illnesses since I've been following her case. Living with schizophrenia on no meds and no support and alllll the stigma.....she is incredibly strong. I don't know how much of that I could take. This world would start to look pretty scary and lonely.

{{{{{TP}}}}}"

Reading this post by chocolate made me really sad.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10407185&postcount=1116

"Still here reading along. I think of Dr. TP often.

I think she'll be found near her car suicide or accident or she has someone who loves her so much they are covering for her. With each day that passes though, it seems more unlikely.

I don't know. I still have strong feelings about TP. My heart aches for her and all that she has gone through. I have read a lot about schizophrenia and other forms of mental illnesses since I've been following her case. Living with schizophrenia on no meds and no support and alllll the stigma.....she is incredibly strong. I don't know how much of that I could take. This world would start to look pretty scary and lonely.

{{{{{TP}}}}}"

Hi margarita,
I still think about Teleka a lot. You know how some people are changed and inspired to live their life more each day? Teleka has done that for me. Some days it is a struggle, especially with my depression.

I still look for her while I'm out. I just got used to looking for her (I'm not far from one of the places where she could have been hiding).

It just breaks my heart that she went through so much. We need young, African American women to continue down the trail that hasn't been blazed for long (unfortunately). I wish she was still here and that by some miracle we could have helped her. In my fantasy land.

Why do u think that CM? Something you know, that we don't?

Nothing that we all don't know. Her family feel she was murdered. I expect we will here more in the future from the PI and they will continue to do their own investigation. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon
Back