GUILTY MI - Egypt Covington, 27, found murdered in her home, Belleville, 23 June 2017 *arrests in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
www.wxyz.com › news › ex-con-with-long-rap-sheet-f...
5 days ago — Turner is talking about 34-year-old Timothy Eugene Moore, an ex-con now charged with the murder of his sister Egypt Covington.

How can that be his sister? He's black and she's white? Just catching up on this one. Sad.

So I was curious what connected this man to Egypt and what his long rap sheet consisted of...so I did a little sleuthing and found this:
Offender Tracking Information System (OTIS) - Offender Profile

Which only made this arrest more puzzling since he was purportedly in prison at the time of the murder :confused:

Wednesday, Nov. 25th:
*Hearing (@ am CT) - MI – Egypt Covington (27) (June 23, 2017, found shot & killed in her house, Belleville) – *Timothy Eugene Moore (31 @ time of crime/34) arrested (11/5/20), charged & arraigned (11/8/20) with 1 count of 1st degree premeditated murder, felony murder, 1st degree home invasion, 1 count of possession of weapons/firearms by a felon & 4 counts of weapons/firearm. No plea entered. Denied bond.
Court info from 8/11/20 thru 11/5/20 reference post #166 here:
MI - Egypt Covington, 27, found murdered in her home, Belleville, 23 June 2017

11/8/20 Update: Moore arraigned with 1 count of 1st degree premeditated murder, felony murder, 1st degree home invasion, 1 count of possession of weapons/firearms by a felon & 4 counts of weapons/firearm. No plea entered. Bond denied. Next probable cause hearing on 11/18/20.
11/10/20: The second person arrested by Special Investigation Detectives has been released pending further investigation. This investigation continues to change rapidly & detectives are continuing to follow up on leads generated from evidence in the case. 11/18/20 Update: Next hearing on 11/25/20.

So I was curious what connected this man to Egypt and what his long rap sheet consisted of...so I did a little sleuthing and found this:
Offender Tracking Information System (OTIS) - Offender Profile

Which only made this arrest more puzzling since he was purportedly in prison at the time of the murder :confused:

I read that he was out on parole/probation at the time and that date is the date he was 'discharged' from MDOC. I'll see if I can find where I read that and post it.

Anyways, the other day I was thinking....she was found bound with 'christmas lights' but it was summer (June). That never struck me as odd until I realized it was summer, so unless she had them up or around somewhere, seems random when something else would be more common.
I have Christmas lights up in my room year long lol.

Wednesday, Dec. 9th:
*Probable Cause Hearing (@ 11am CT) - MI – Egypt Covington (27) (June 23, 2017, found shot & killed in her house, Belleville) – *Timothy Eugene Moore (31 @ time of crime/34) arrested (11/5/20), charged & arraigned (11/8/20) with 1 count of 1st degree premeditated murder, felony murder, 1st degree home invasion, 1 count of possession of weapons/firearms by a felon & 4 counts of weapons/firearm. Denied bond.
Court info from 8/11/20 thru 11/10/20 reference post #172 here:

11/18/20 Update: Next probable cause hearing on 11/25/20. 11/25/20 Update: Probable cause hearing rescheduled to 12/9/20.

Charge Description Offense Date Docket Number Sentence Date Disposition Sentence Length Crime Class Court Date Arresting Agency
HOMICIDE - MURDER FIRST DEGREE PREMEDITATED 11/8/2020 6:29 PM 822072464401 Felony 2/22/2021

link: Search Jail Inmates

Was wondering if anyone can find anything - I'm just coming up with just November articles.

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-058.gif

and I'm guessing next hearing is preliminary hearing - ??

Second suspect arraigned on murder charge in Egypt Covington homicide

Dec. 18, 2020

ROMULUS, MI – A second suspect has been charged and arraigned in connection with the 2017 slaying of Egypt Covington.

Shane Lamar Evans, 31, of Sumpter Township, was arraigned Friday, Dec. 18, in 34th District Court in Romulus on one count each of felony murder and first-degree home invasion, according to the Michigan State Police.
[.....]
Both men are being held in the Wayne County Jail without bond. Evans’ is scheduled for a probable cause conference Dec. 30. Moore is scheduled for a preliminary examination Feb. 22.

Wednesday, December 30th:
*Probable Cause Hearing (@ 11am CT) - MI – Egypt Covington (27) (June 23, 2017, found shot & killed in her house, Belleville) – *Timothy Eugene Moore (31 @ time of crime/34) arrested (11/5/20), charged & arraigned (11/8/20) with 1 count of 1st degree premeditated murder, felony murder, 1st degree home invasion, 1 count of possession of weapons/firearms by a felon & 4 counts of weapons/firearm. Bond denied.
Court info from 8/11/20 thru 11/10/20 reference post #172 here:

11/18/20 Update: Next probable cause hearing on 11/25/20. 11/25/20 Update: Probable cause hearing rescheduled to 12/9/20. 12/9/20 Update: Next hearing, could be preliminary hearing on 2/22/21.
For *Shane Lamar Evans (28 @ time of crime/31) arrested, charged & arraigned (12/18/20) with 1 count of felony murder & 1 count of 1st degree home invasion. Bond denied.
12/18/20 Update: Evans was arraigned on 12/18/20. No plea entered. Defendant remanded into custody. People's motion to suppress-granted. Next probable cause hearing on 12/30/20.

I can't believe this is the only thread about this case. It seems there are a lot of locals here and some of the other local cases, Chelsea Bruck/Danielle Stislicki/Julia Niswender etc. had numerous threads.

Anyways, the other day I was thinking....she was found bound with 'christmas lights' but it was summer (June). That never struck me as odd until I realized it was summer, so unless she had them up or around somewhere, seems random when something else would be more common.
She had the Christmas lights hanging up in her house.

I can't believe this is the only thread about this case. It seems there are a lot of locals here and some of the other local cases, Chelsea Bruck/Danielle Stislicki/Julia Niswender etc. had numerous threads.

She had the Christmas lights hanging up in her house.

Evans - jail site:

Charge Description Offense Date Docket Number Sentence Date Disposition Sentence Length Crime Class Court Date Arresting Agency
HOMICIDE - FELONY MURDER 12/18/2020 7:12 PM 20-1703 Felony 1/13/2021

link: Search Jail Inmates

Court site:

12/30/20
MISCELLANEOUS ACTION ALL COUNTS HFM
JDG GREEN,TINA BROOKS, P-41649 HFM
SCHEDULED FOR PROBABLE CAUSE CONFERENCE
011321 1100A MARTIN,LISA M. ROBI P-58801 HFM
VIRTUAL HEARING RECORDED/HELD HFM
ADJ PCC HFM
PRETRIAL RELEASE ORDER GENERATED
ALL COUNTS HFM
IT IS ORDERED: HFM
4. The defendant shall comply with the HFM
following terms and conditions that are HFM
checked: HFM
a. Personally appear for any examination, HFM
arraignment, trial, sentencing, or at any HFM
time and place as directed by this court HFM
if represented by an attorney in this HFM
case, any notice to appear may be given HFM
to the defendant's attorney instead of the HFM
defendant. HFM
b. Abide by any judgment entered in this HFM
case and surrender to serve any sentence HFM
imposed. HFM
c. Do not leave the State of Michigan HFM
without the permission of this court. HFM
d. Do not commit any crime while released. HFM
e. Immediately notify this court, in HFM
writing, of any change of address or HFM
telephone number. HFM
MISCELLANEOUS ACTION ALL COUNTS HFM
EMAILD MITT TO WCJ HFM
NOTICE TO APPEAR GENERATED

link: http://webroa.34thdistrictcourt-mi....D&CASE=20-1703 &PTY=D01&FILENAME=D123125224

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back