MI MI - Elizabeth 'Connie' Converse, 49, Ann Arbor, Aug 1974

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi did you e
From a confidential source:
Connie was, unambiguously, known and seen in Ann Arbor up until the second week of August, 1974. At least until August 10th. I saw your question about the date she left vs the April discovery of the body in question, and wanted to clear that up ASAP.

The family anecdote is that Connie was planning to leave the first week of August (the week of her 50th birthday) but she got caught up in the Nixon impeachment and hung around to watch the TV coverage, his resignation, etc. The first draft of her farewell letter was annotated 8/10/1974.

I notice that all of the photos of Connie on these forums are very old, showing her as a 20/30-something, younger woman. By the time of her disappearance in 1974, she had put on considerable weight and looked very different from the photos of her younger self. I presume that it would be helpful to you and everyone else pursuing, so I'll send you one or two in short order. Some are unflattering so we didn't want to use them publicly and have them circulated via the Web, but I can see the benefit they would have to your research.
Hi did you ever get a hold of the updated photos? Its interesting that they say she gained considerable weight in her later years... I wonder if she also accumulated some painful ailments that also led to her disappearance/possible suicide. I found a Jane Doe that makes some good comparisons with Elizabeth. It is said she is a 'heavy-set' and a couple of inches shorter than her, but also that she had severe arthritis of the lumber spine, a degenerative disease that can cause the appearance of being shorter with age,..
The Doe Network: 818UFON
Canada's Missing | Case details

I understand the comparison, especially as the decedent had a laparotomy scar. What I don't understand is the description of the UID as being heavy-set. 139 lbs. on a 5'4" frame is within a normal weight range.

I understand the comparison, especially as the decedent had a laparotomy scar. What I don't understand is the description of the UID as being heavy-set. 139 lbs. on a 5'4" frame is within a normal weight range.

Maybe she seemed a bit "heavy-set" for the times? I'm always amazed when looking at missing persons how thin pretty much everyone was back then (mostly like pre-80s and 90s). Many looked much older than their stated age due to the styles of the times but that's neither here nor there!

The UID case linked above is so sad. I hadn't heard about her before.

Maybe she seemed a bit "heavy-set" for the times? I'm always amazed when looking at missing persons how thin pretty much everyone was back then (mostly like pre-80s and 90s). Many looked much older than their stated age due to the styles of the times but that's neither here nor there!

The UID case linked above is so sad. I hadn't heard about her before.
It isn't that people were thin back then, it's that so many Americans are obese now that obesity is becoming normal. That's why diabetes is on the rise and life expectancy is trending downward.

Exactly. And seriously, the difference between the weight stats for then and now are striking. I recently finished The Obesity Code (J. Fung) and that's exactly what he said about our dietary habits now and insulin resistance - we are killing ourselves.

I'm about the size of the UID and would love to drop ten lbs or so. I'd still be about 20 lbs heavier than I was in the early 90s, though. (I like to blame my kids but...;))

I guess for that I should add that a common theme on Canadian unidentified cases is for the coroner to note... 'post-mortem weight was recorded as being *advertiser censored* lbs, however, this may not represent his/her actual living weight due to post-mortem changes noted at autopsy. ' Which is different to what you would see on US ones, which will either estimate, or leave out the weight...

I didnt know she had a thread! I love her music and always felt a sense of sadness reading about her life, i get the sense she was a lesbian as many others before me (which speaks to me as a bisexual woman who grew up in a small town).

That's not what my doctor tells me :p

This is related to Connie's career - Gene Deitch recorded her at a party in 1954:

Gene Deitch, Prolific Animator, Is Dead at 95

Connie Converse’s Time Has Come

In 1954, Converse was ushered by a friend, guitar in tow, to a semi-regular music salon hosted by the animator and audio enthusiast Gene Deitch in Hastings-on-Hudson. Deitch liked to record his guests, but when Converse walked in he thought twice.

Bumping.
Connie Converse
''Age 49
Race White
Sex Female
Location Ann Arbor, Michigan
Disappeared August 1974
Missing for 45 years
Height 5'7 - 5'10
Weight 140 - 170 pounds
Classification Suspected suicide''

I can't get all the links to work-Has anyone looked to see if there might be a kinescope of her 1954 TV performance on Walter Cronkite's The Morning Show?
I've scoured what I could find - couldn't find the Cronkite episode at all.

From what I've been able to discern, the family had received letters from Connie around August, however I could not find anything stating that she had actually been seen in person then. It seems like Connie lived alone, and it seems no one knows exactly when she left - just that it was 1974. But yeah, I submitted everything to the Homicide Investigator and the Medical Examiner, and they're going to be evaluating DNA now (they have DNA from Connie's father), so I guess it's just wait and see...
Hi. You submitted all to homicide investigator and medical examiner in Broward County right? Just want to be sure I understood. Do you know if any of that was submitted to Michigan State Police in Wasthenaw County (ann Arbor) Michigan? And do you know where they got the DNA from? And who they got it from? (since her father died in '65)? I'm working on this as a research project. Thanks

Hi did you e

Hi did you ever get a hold of the updated photos? Its interesting that they say she gained considerable weight in her later years... I wonder if she also accumulated some painful ailments that also led to her disappearance/possible suicide. I found a Jane Doe that makes some good comparisons with Elizabeth. It is said she is a 'heavy-set' and a couple of inches shorter than her, but also that she had severe arthritis of the lumber spine, a degenerative disease that can cause the appearance of being shorter with age,..
The Doe Network: 818UFON
Canada's Missing | Case details
Hi - wondering where you read that she had severe arthritis of the lumbar spine. I've been researching her and found no evidence of such a disease - so please share your source if you can

Hi Does anyone know if Broward county ever found out anything? And does anyone know where the DNA sample could have come from? (her father passed in 1965). And what age was this sample? Meaning I'm wondering if her mother could have given them something but that would mean some report had been made before she passed away in the 80s. And does anyone know if her disappearance was reported anywhere in Michigan? I've inquired about records there but they indicated they don't have any records on EC at all. If anyone knows anything I'll pursue it - I'm working on a research project and can't find anything else so far. Thanks

HI again - if anyone replies to my question could you give me a heads up? IE a quick message - thanks!

HI again - if anyone replies to my question could you give me a heads up? IE a quick message - thanks!

There is a link to "watch thread" (I'm on a desktop and it's at the top right-hand side of the page, where the thread title is located) that will send you an alert whenever anyone posts in this thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
detectivegotcha
Back