MI MI - Elizabeth 'Connie' Converse, 49, Ann Arbor, Aug 1974

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was her car ever found? Just listened to in between two tall mountain's ....good song...very lonely voice :(

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Just binge-listened to a bunch of her songs. She was so talented and a great lyricist. It's terribly sad that nobody appreciated her songs when she was alive.

I feel like she just changed her name and started a whole new life somewhere else. She might even still be alive for all we know. She hits me as somebody who was sick of being themselves and wanted to wipe the slate clean.

The nose doesn't appear to hook downward enough. That's my impression.
God rest her soul, whoever she is.

As a person ages, the cartilage at the end of the nose continues to grow. That means it lengthens and might hook downward at the end when it didn't before. It looks to me like her nose has a slight downward hook already when she disappeared, so it might well have increased in the ensuing years.

Both her and her vw have never turned up , maybe a auto accident or car suicide?

Mark.

I can't get all the links to work-Has anyone looked to see if there might be a kinescope of her 1954 TV performance on Walter Cronkite's The Morning Show?

Having heard a couple of Connie's songs, she strikes me as a sensitive person who'd probably realize the pain her family would feel if she committed suicide and they knew about it. I feel like she may have thought the letters saying she was starting a new life were an easier way to say goodbye, not realizing the pain of not knowing would hurt as well.

Just my two cents.

I first heard Connie Converse in 2006...and have been a huge fan ever since. I have always wondered if perhaps Connie was gay. While being gay wouldn't turn a head today, in the 1970's it was still a very difficult time to come out. Could she have gone off to live life as she wished without upsetting her religious family? Just a random thought.

Subject: Attn: Stephen Cina - Connie Converse/NamUs Unidentified Female, Case number 1974-0266 - Please see attached spreadsheet
To: Med_Exam_Trauma@broward.org

Subject: Connie Converse/NamUs Unidentified Female, Case number 1974-0266 - Please see attached spreadsheet
To: krebss@michigan.gov

Mr. Cina,I believe your NamUs Unidentified Female, Case number 1974-0266 may in fact be Elizabeth Eaton Converse (AKA Connie Converse, musician/vocalist last seen in Ann Arbor, Michigan in 1974). I have included comparison photographs: As you can see, the similarities are stunning - from the shape of the nose, to the lips, eyebrows, jawline, even the hair and where the cowlick is located. I sent this same information to Michigan State Trooper Detective Sarah Krebs, and have also spoken with her on the phone with regard to how I developed my investigation, and how I arrived at the information presented here. Did anyone ever dredge that canal where your unidentified female was found? I could not find any evidence of that - however another canal not far was dredged and a 1974 VW (model unknown) was found that was reported stolen the following year (I doubt this is related, but figured I'd let you know just in case). I understand that because this is a suspicious death that you need to keep this case confidential, and I will as well - but if you reach a point whereby you can keep me informed, or the disposition, I would certainly appreciate it. I love Connie's music, and her lyrics are so profound and moving! Thank you, and have a great day (BTW, your Forensic Artist is incredible with detail).
-Hannah Cwik

ParticularsSubjectUnidentified Decedent
Case Management:Does Not ApplyThe DOE Network
Case Numbers:Does Not Apply636UFFL
NamUs:236561974-0266
DNA Sample:Yes – from her fatherUnknown
Fingerprints:UnknownUnknown
Sex:FemaleFemale
First Name:ElizabethUnknown
Middle Name:EatonUnknown
Last Name:ConverseUnknown
Alias:ConnieUnknown
Date Last Seen:Thursday, August 1, 1974Tuesday, April 23, 1974 (Allegedly)NOTE DISCREPANCY
Time Last Seen:UnknownUnknown
Location Last Seen:Ann Arbor, MichiganUnincorporated Broward County, Florida
Circumstances:Elizabeth Eaton "Connie" Converse was a singer-songwriter who was active in New York City in the 1950s. She disappeared in 1974, after writing goodbye letters to her friends and family, and has not been heard from since.Unknown
Estimated Date of Death:Missing since 19746-15 days prior
Cause of Death:Does Not ApplyDrowningWERE INJURIES SUSTAINED BY THE UNIDENTIFIED DECEDENT A RESULT OF DRIVING HER VEHICLE INTO THE C42 CANAL?
Hair Color:BrownBrown
Eye Color:HazelHazel
Prescription Glasses:YesUnknown
Teeth:UnknownEdentulous: Full upper plate.
Race:WhiteWhite
Ethnicity:UnknownUnknown
Age Last Seen:49 to 50 Years Old36 to 45 Years OldNOTE DISCREPANCY
Location Last Seen:Ann Arbor, MichiganUnincorporated Broward County, Florida
Height in Inches:67 to 7066 to 69
Weight in Pounds:140 to 170147 to 150
Distinguishing Marks:Hysterectomy scar6" old hysterectomy scar just above her pubic bone
Clothing:UnknownA white, "Fruit of the Loom" T-shirt (size 42-44); brown, Indian-pattern belt (size 30); blue jeans and light blue bikini panties. She had a green rubber band around her right wrist.
Questions:Her VW – black Beetle was never foundThe crime scene was a canal near a wooded area along Hiatus Road, about two and a half miles south of State Road 84 in unincorporated Broward County near Davie.
Police/Agency Case Number:FAU-105-141974-00266; BS74-04-3633

Subject: Attn: Stephen Cina - Connie Converse/NamUs Unidentified Female, Case number 1974-0266 - Please see attached spreadsheet
To: Med_Exam_Trauma@broward.org

Subject: Connie Converse/NamUs Unidentified Female, Case number 1974-0266 - Please see attached spreadsheet
To: krebss@michigan.gov

When I spoke with Detective Krebs last week, she said they had DNA from Connie's father for comparison, and would be evaluating this for a match soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
detectivegotcha
Back