Found Deceased MI - Elizabeth Hock, 23, Farmington Hills, 6 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How did she get on the roof?? And they don't suspect foul play? Is it a suicide? I don't get it. :thinking:

How did she get on the roof?? And they don't suspect foul play? Is it a suicide? I don't get it. :thinking:

Typically the "don't suspect foul play" means suicide without actually saying it.

The Home Depot is right next to PetSmart where her car was found.

Here is a link to a Satellite picture of the Home Depot: https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Home+Depot/@42.5317179,-83.4418017,171m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8824a542e4b4214b:0xd9856a25f27b93dd!8m2!3d42.5318612!4d-83.4416904

There does not appear to be anyway to get to the roof from outside of the Store...but perhaps I just cannot see stairs due to the angle?

There are some comments associated with the last article that shed some light on "rumors": http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...home-depot-in-commerce-township#disqus_thread

:(
Rest in peace Elizabeth. Prayers for strength for her family and friends.
:rose:

While I am not an insider, a friend of mine is a friend of the family and in an email to me she indicated that it looks like a suicide yes. I think that this is the reason they felt that the BF wasn't involved - they had reason to believe that she was depressed.

Part of this message may be unallowed -

Body found on Home Depot roof. No signs of foul play. Hopefully, an autopsy will provide answers to this young woman's death.

This explains how she got up to the roof:
Hock’s cellphone and some personal items were found on a water heater inside the Petco Animal Supplies store next to a ladder which led up to the roof, Bouchard said. Hock was found Thursday morning by deputies and Farmington Hills police officers, Bouchard said.

“At this point there is nothing to cause us to believe anything other than for some reason she climbed the roof on her own and then made her way to the adjacent Home Depot roof where she died,” Bouchard said.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...g-farmington-hills-woman-body-found/90428462/

Wasn't said that she took her phone with her but left her purse? I guess I keep picture her parked in the front of the store where I'd assume maybe it's farther away in a larger lot? Otherwise wouldn't have someone noticed her climbing a building? And the family didn't know she was missing until a week later? I am in no way making judgments based on that. I don't talk to my parents daily or even weekly sometimes. But I'm in a group chat with my sister and friend. Sadly we have said if someone isn't answering within a day to be concerned. With recent events and situations like this, you just never know. Thinking of the family and friends as this is local to me also.

Sorry for rambling and bringing up irrelevant questions that don't really matter but just leaves me thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aw jeez :(

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Devastating. Rip Elizabeth. [emoji257]

Wasn't said that she took her phone with her but left her purse? I guess I keep picture her parked in the front of the store where I'd assume maybe it's farther away in a larger lot? Otherwise wouldn't have someone noticed her climbing a building? And the family didn't know she was missing until a week later? I am in no way making judgments based on that. I don't talk to my parents daily or even weekly sometimes. But I'm in a group chat with my sister and friend. Sadly we have said if someone isn't answering within a day to be concerned. With recent events and situations like this, you just never know. Thinking of the family and friends as this is local to me also.

Sorry for rambling and bringing up irrelevant questions that don't really matter but just leaves me thinking.

I have the same agreement with a few of my friends. And recently when I was having some health issues, and didn't return calls and texts, my fiancé got a phone call in under 48 hours.

I was looking at social media around Elizabeth and her death. It made me really sad.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Per the video at this link: http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/oakland-county/police-search-for-missing-23-year-old-farmington-hills-woman-elizabeth-hock

Her parents think she may have planned to go to PetSmart because she has cats. However, there is no evidence she made it in the store. Her purse, wallet and money were locked in the vehicle. Only Elizabeth, her keys and her phone are missing. Her phone last pinged at the parking lot where her car was left but the time it pinged was not released.

I'd guess she went to meet a 'cat lover', who she met online, and intended to give advice to whoever she was meeting.

She took her keys and phone, but didn't take any money.

Does PetSmart have camera surveillance. Or the plaza, cameras in the parking lot? There are cameras at some busy intersections too. Not sure where a girl would go without her pocket book. Did her work call family when she didn't show up for a shift? So many questions here.
You would hope so, and the surrounding areas.

Wow. Just saw this in DM. Rest in peace dear person.

This is really sad, even moreso if they beleive she killer herself. It is a neverending source of mystery and perplexity why some people choose to die they way they do. I have tried to put myself in her shoes to understand why a person would choose to climb that ladder and then end it all on the roof of a home depot. I don't get it. Was there a note? I think they need to keep their options open, especially if it was a "fall." Maybe she went up there to take a photo, or thought she heard an animal crying...

Autopsy Performed On Body Of 23-Year-Old Farmington Hills Woman Found On Home Depot*Roof

September 16, 2016 2:21 PM

FARMINGTON HILLS (WWJ) – There is still little information about the cause of death of *advertiser censored*young Farmington Hills woman whose body was found on top of a Home Depot store in Commerce Township.

A representative for the*Oakland County Medical Examiner’s Office said an*autopsy performed Friday morning on 23-year-old Elizabeth Hock, who’d been missing for a week, found no evidence*of foul play.

Her cause of death is listed as “pending toxicology results.”...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/09...mington-hills-woman-found-on-home-depot-roof/

Drug and/or alcohol overdose. Possibly self-induced. :moo:

Obituary for Elizabeth "Liz" Joy Hock

Elizabeth "Liz" Joy Hock, age 23, passed away September 8, 2016. She was born July 15, 1993 in Superior Township, daughter of Annie and Edward Hock. Liz was currently enrolled at O.C.C where she was pursuing an education in business. She worked at the Birmingham Athletic Club and enjoyed making jewelry, candles, soaps and lotions...

http://www.phillipsfuneral.com/obituaries/Elizabeth-Liz-Joy-Hock?obId=1088827

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back