Found Deceased MI - Elizabeth Hock, 23, Farmington Hills, 6 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm a long time lurker and have never posted before, but wanted to post some insight on this as I am a funeral director working in Michigan and have had to work closely with medical examiners in the past. Often times, even if the cause of death is obvious in suicides (gun shot wound, found hanging, etc) the ME will still put "pending toxicology" because they need to understand the state of mind the individual was in when they pulled the trigger, hung themselves, etc.
Interesting..thanks for sharing😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Medical Examiner: Accidental asphyxia is cause in missing Farmington Hills woman Elizabeth Hock’s death

By John Turk, The Oakland Press
Posted: 12/22/16, 2:53 PM EST | Updated: 59 secs ago

A Farmington Hills woman whose body was found in September on the roof of a Commerce Township Home Depot more than a week after she went missing died an accidental death, according to final medical examiner reports.

Elizabeth Joy Hock, who was 23 years old, died of position and compression asphyxia by entrapment, said Oakland County Medical Examiner Ljubisa Dragovic.

“She was under the influence of cannabinoids (marijuana) at the time of sustaining the injury,” Dragovic said via email...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...-farmington-hills-woman-elizabeth-hocks-death

Accidental by her or someone else? What could this mean? And how does she get on the roof of a building unless she went herself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is perplexing...how does one accidentally asphyxiate other than like, getting your head stuck in a container of some kind? She went onto the roof purposely...why? I am so curious to know how they ruled out suicide.

This is perplexing...how does one accidentally asphyxiate other than like, getting your head stuck in a container of some kind? She went onto the roof purposely...why? I am so curious to know how they ruled out suicide.

To get "high" :angel:

Seriously, there were early "comments" about what happened to Ms. Hock with some gruesome details regarding her death. It had to do with a large fan like an A/C condenser. Maybe the comments were actually from folks who knew more than was released to the media.

Medical Examiner: Accidental asphyxia is cause in missing Farmington Hills woman Elizabeth Hock’s death

By John Turk, The Oakland Press
Posted: 12/22/16, 2:53 PM EST | Updated: 59 secs ago

A Farmington Hills woman whose body was found in September on the roof of a Commerce Township Home Depot more than a week after she went missing died an accidental death, according to final medical examiner reports.

Elizabeth Joy Hock, who was 23 years old, died of position and compression asphyxia by entrapment, said Oakland County Medical Examiner Ljubisa Dragovic.

“She was under the influence of cannabinoids (marijuana) at the time of sustaining the injury,” Dragovic said via email...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...-farmington-hills-woman-elizabeth-hocks-death

So sad. It seems the "rumor" about how she was found was true :(

Position and compression asphyxia can happen in any situation where someone is stuck in a tight place so the chest can not expand to take in enough oxygen. They might continue breathing shallow for a while but ultimately the body does not get enough oxygen and shuts down.

I remember two cases, one was this young guy (I'm sorry I can't remember his name) who was found rolled up in a gym mat - apparently he had lost his shoe, it was inside that mat and he tried to retrieve it and got stuck. (This was the official version which was disputed though by family.) Although the mat was open at the end (where he crawled in) the space inside was so tight that he was not able to breath (nor get back out). I think the mat stood upright, making it impossible for him to get back up and out.

The other case was a missing woman who had visited her sister iirc, and suddenly vanished. She was found some time later behind a large, heavy cupboard in the apartment. She also had tried to retrieve something that was either on top of the cupboard, or fallen behind it, I can't remember which, and somehow she fell behind the cupboard (she was a petite woman) and was stuck between the cupboard and the wall, upside down I suppose.

The thing is, once you're stuck like that you can't really call for help either, because you don't get enough air. Quite sad. But I guess you pass out after a few minutes.

I wonder where Elizabeth crawled in, and why? An AC unit (if rumors are true)? Why would she crawl into that?

Position and compression asphyxia can happen in any situation where someone is stuck in a tight place so the chest can not expand to take in enough oxygen. They might continue breathing shallow for a while but ultimately the body does not get enough oxygen and shuts down.

I remember two cases, one was this young guy (I'm sorry I can't remember his name) who was found rolled up in a gym mat - apparently he had lost his shoe, it was inside that mat and he tried to retrieve it and got stuck. (This was the official version which was disputed though by family.) Although the mat was open at the end (where he crawled in) the space inside was so tight that he was not able to breath (nor get back out). I think the mat stood upright, making it impossible for him to get back up and out.

Kendrick Johnson. So awful. Makes me feel a little short of breath just thinking about it.

Yes Kendrick Johnson. Thank you Maybelle.

I googled for the woman behind the cupboard and turns out I got some details wrong, but the main parts correct.

10 years ago, Mariesa Weber fell upside-down behind a 6 ft high bookshelf when she tried to adjust the plug for a TV. She was found almost two weeks later by her sister.

The sheriff's office said Weber appeared to have died because she was unable to breathe in the position she was in.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/15895965/...oman-found-dead-behind-bookcase/#.WF3xZrXhX7M

Ugh I remember the lad in the mat, that was so horrible.

The rumors about Elizabeth sounded more like she decapitated herself but I imagine there are a few ways that could have gone down. I just don't see how they can prove it was accidental vs on purpose if her intent was to go up there and do something intentionally...

I was curious how somebody could die from pot and did some searching. There is a thing called dabbing using highly concentrated THC. The process involves using butane which helps deliver a quick and strong high. However the butane used to make this concentrate can be very impure and the effects could include asphyxiation. Here is a link. https://www.google.com/amp/www.9new...in-colorado-a-warning-about-dabbing/346018775

The other case was a missing woman who had visited her sister iirc, and suddenly vanished. She was found some time later behind a large, heavy cupboard in the apartment. She also had tried to retrieve something that was either on top of the cupboard, or fallen behind it, I can't remember which, and somehow she fell behind the cupboard (she was a petite woman) and was stuck between the cupboard and the wall, upside down I suppose.

The thing is, once you're stuck like that you can't really call for help either, because you don't get enough air. Quite sad. But I guess you pass out after a few minutes.

I wonder where Elizabeth crawled in, and why? An AC unit (if rumors are true)? Why would she crawl into that?

Another similar death is here: http://nypost.com/2017/02/08/how-a-woman-got-trapped-in-a-clothing-drop-off-box-and-died/

This lady died after getting stuck part way into one of those clothes donation bins after trying to steal from it. Horrible way to go.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back