MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just about to post this! Yes, it is acceptable to cross into Canada with government-issued photo ID and an original birth certificate (with raised seal, no copies). My dad is buried in Windsor, and we still have relatives throughout Ontario. My late mother never had a passport or enhanced driver's license. She also didn't have an official birth certificate but was never denied entry into Canada; a utility bill sufficed as proof of citizenship. In fact, none of my siblings had passports until recent years and were always able to cross into Windsor or Sarnia from Detroit or Port Huron. No issues upon re-entry, either.

That said, a passport is required for air travel between the U.S. and Canada.

Correct. As of June 2009

-----

As of June 1, 2009, a valid passport OR one of the following documents is mandatory for any person over the age of 16 travelling between the United States and Canada by LAND or SEA/WATER (including cruises and ferries):

U.S. Passport Card (not valid for international air travel)
A NEXUS or FAST/EXPRES Card
State or Province-issued Enhanced Driver’s License (not valid for international air travel)

-----

Is there a way to check if he did cross the border at some point using his driver's license? How can that be verified?

...Is there a way to check if he did cross the border at some point using his driver's license? How can that be verified?

That's a possibility, for sure. I believe that this is how authorities determined that Mike Treder had crossed into Canada when he went missing from a science fair in Detroit.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=mike+treder

From the Saginaw area, it would have made sense for Eric to cross the border into Sarnia, Ontario via the Blue Water Bridge in Port Huron.

That's a possibility, for sure. I believe that this is how authorities determined that Mike Treder had crossed into Canada when he went missing from a science fair in Detroit.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=mike+treder

From the Saginaw area, it would have made sense for Eric to cross the border into Sarnia, Ontario via the Blue Water Bridge in Port Huron.

The link doesn't work but I'll search Mike's case here. Thanks.

BBM

Do you know for a FACT "Child says otherwise"? Is there, in your (plural) minds, a possibility that the child was "coached" when he/she stated "otherwise"?

Would Eric really like about such a statement? What would he have to gain by lying about this?

In what I've read on the thread and on Eric's "tweets," he comes across to me as "a straight shooter.".

Sure, the child could have been coached. Just saying this is what the child told police. As for the truth, that of course is undetermined. Eric told us enough details about his relationship and interactions with her that we think there was more there than what she is admitting to.

We have no reason to think Eric lied about it, but sometimes when things don't go so well in life, or don't go according to plan, some people tend to make their circumstances sound better than they are, rather than face or admit reality. Again, not saying that's what we think is most likely here, but we can't know for certain.

I have just been going through Eric's twitter page....I came across articles on Glenn Beck which has been commented on by an Eric and seems to be written in the same tone as his tweets...this was posted a year ago and it says the entry was posted on the 25th July 2011.....Here is the link. I could be reading it wrong and I hope I haven't got your hopes up if I have read it incorrectly. But it seems to me that is was def the 25th July

http://stopbeck.com/2011/07/25/glen...ooting-victims-to-hitler-youth/#disqus_thread

He also has something about stop Beck at the top of his twitter accnt, which leads me to believe it is him...

There is another thing I noticed on his twitter account. There is a particular person who likes his last tweet. I can't seem to find any information on her. She doesn't have anything on her twitter account..but there is someone matching her name located in longbeach CA....Is it possible that she is a new friend who he has relocated with? The other thing about her is that under her tweet name it says "In a haunted cornfield" from a quick bit of research I found there are stories about haunted cornfields in MI, which would lead me to believe that she is in that area....All speculation of course and just trying to come at this from different angles.

BTW I am not located in America so please forgive me if I get locations mixed up or misunderstand anything!!

Thanks for trying on these.

"Vee" is the nickname Eric gave his third wife. That's her, and she's not in CA.

As for the comment Stop Beck site, we are guessing there is more than one Eric in the world that dislikes GB... interesting though.

I thought the same thing about the last post but I think he is referring to the fact that there was a years gap between then and his previous post.

Did my post show up about the possible posting on a political site..

We don't know why he didn't do much with Twitter for that year, but he was all over Facebook that whole time, in contact with the family that whole time, etc. Just wanted to clarify that since, if you only look at Twitter, one might think he just "goes dark" sometimes.

I was just about to post this! Yes, it is acceptable to cross into Canada with government-issued photo ID and an original birth certificate (with raised seal, no copies). My dad is buried in Windsor, and we still have relatives throughout Ontario. My late mother never had a passport or enhanced driver's license. She also didn't have an official birth certificate but was never denied entry into Canada; a utility bill sufficed as proof of citizenship. In fact, none of my siblings had passports until recent years and were always able to cross into Windsor or Sarnia from Detroit or Port Huron. No issues upon re-entry, either.

That said, a passport is required for air travel between the U.S. and Canada.

No, this is not correct. As of June 2009, Americans need a passport to travel to Canada by air, land or sea:

http://gocanada.about.com/od/canadatraveloverview/qt/uscitizenborder.htm

This has been checked - he did not have a passport.

My mistake...I didn't link his blog on manifesto...I found a completely different comment placed on a different page that puts him alive on the 25th July 2011 3 months after he was identified as missing by LE....I am almost certain the response comes from him....

I would love it if someone else could have a look and give their opinion on it.

Again, we are guessing there us more than one Eric in the world that dislikes Glenn Beck. Wish there was more to go on from the commenter.

Correct. As of June 2009

-----

As of June 1, 2009, a valid passport OR one of the following documents is mandatory for any person over the age of 16 travelling between the United States and Canada by LAND or SEA/WATER (including cruises and ferries):

U.S. Passport Card (not valid for international air travel)
A NEXUS or FAST/EXPRES Card
State or Province-issued Enhanced Driver’s License (not valid for international air travel)

-----

Is there a way to check if he did cross the border at some point using his driver's license? How can that be verified?

This is not a regular driver's license - it is an enhanced license to make it easier for frequent travelers to cross the border. But it takes all of the work and background checks, etc. as does obtaining a passport.

This has been checked - he did not cross the border, at least not legally.

Thanks for trying on these.

"Vee" is the nickname Eric gave his third wife. That's her, and she's not in CA.

As for the comment Stop Beck site, we are guessing there is more than one Eric in the world that dislikes GB... interesting though.

Ah k that solves the Vee questions!!!!

I wasn't too concerned by his last tweet...The comment on the beck thing has really really got me interested. Plain and simply because you read all his tweets and they are directed at things Beck as done and he has the stopbeck.com web link under his twitter name on his page. Of course there are probably more than one Eric that dislikes Beck but this just seems to fit. The dots connected very easily for it, there was no tryiing to make them connect if that makes sense. Possibly contacting the administrator of that site may either put this line to rest or give you a new date and or point of reference to work from.

This is not a regular driver's license - it is an enhanced license to make it easier for frequent travelers to cross the border. But it takes all of the work and background checks, etc. as does obtaining a passport.

This has been checked - he did not cross the border, at least not legally.

OK thanks. At least it clears that up and glad it was checked.

No, this is not correct. As of June 2009, Americans need a passport to travel to Canada by air, land or sea:

http://gocanada.about.com/od/canadatraveloverview/qt/uscitizenborder.htm

This has been checked - he did not have a passport.

About.com is not an official government site. As recently as last month on the anniversary of my Dad's passing in 1970, one of my brothers and one of my sisters drove to Windsor to visit Dad's grave and meet relatives for dinner. Neither of my siblings has a passport: They both have passport cards (aka enhanced driver's license). They visit Windsor regularly as both have remained close with Dad's family and have never encountered difficulty driving to and from Detroit/Windsor.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt_card/ppt_card_3926.html

Hoping Eric contacts someone.

did his ex-gf move shortly after eric was last seen by her?

to what area of the country? State?

Do we know where she is originally from?

sorry if these have been asked/answered

I apologize if this has been answered, but what happened to the belongings the egf packed up from Millers?

I get strong sense that foul play was involved here, rather then Eric leaving on his own accord.

Ok..just one more thought from me...Eric had very strong political views and was not afraid to voice them...I came acrossa group called Progress Michigan and there were a couple of protests held around the time Eric went missing. Perhaps he was involved with these guys and met some protesters got caught up in the heat of the moment and went to their next venue of protest...IDK, its just a thought.

Hi searchingfamily. I'm so sorry about Eric and what your family must be going through.

If I may ask, was the gf married when the baby was conceived?

Did they own or rent the house they moved out of?
Would the current tenants have anything to add or have you talked to them?

Also, just a thought but maybe going back through archived Craigs list adds for his type of car may lead to something?

Where did the gf move to and is she still married?

XGF may not have allowed a very thorough search of her place, especially since she claimed he'd disappeared from the motel. Would the owner/new tenant be more accomodating? Could they at least get in and check with Luminol for blood?

If the vehicle was towed and eventually sold the tow company puts a lien against the owner to recoup their expenses. On the chance that this happened perhaps Mom could run a public records search in her name to see if it is on record somewhere.
I lost a vehicle this way and never received notice. I lent the car to another person and when I found out it was towed it had been sold and a lien had been placed against me. I never received any notice which I should have. If mom ever had a different address since buying the car it would certainly mess up her getting notified.
LE may not have checked this since they had the wrong vin number. It may be impossible for them to trace it unless their is a lien against your mom.

Pretty much anyone could sign the title to the car over to another person, assuming the REAL owner is not around to dispute the transfer. Can you check with CARFAX or something to see if it has a "new owner" based on the VIN? That's how I found out my "only one prior owner" van had been an Enterprise rental vehicle. :banghead:

Can you check with the Michigan MVA and see if the tags have been renewed? Or turned in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placeholder25