MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly hope the New Year brings you the answers needed, Eric's Mom. Try to have a nice Christmas Day. Will be thinking of you, and also of Eric. Merry Christmas.

I truly hope the New Year brings you the answers needed, Eric's Mom. Try to have a nice Christmas Day. Will be thinking of you, and also of Eric. Merry Christmas.

Thanks so much, Spellbound ! I am thankful for the family I do have to be with.

I pray that the New Year will bring answers to Eric's family as well as all of the countless thousands who are missing in our world. I want to thank each of you for your dedication to finding Eric. He would be so touched by the outpouring of love from so many. Our family has not only been helped by those who are long time friends, but by many we will never meet, but who are considered friends. We have met some of these people at events for the missing. We have helped each other by sharing missing information, praying and sending encouraging words on Facebook to one another. I wish for each of you a New Year of Health and Happiness !

My daughter talked to Det/Sgt Gary Thomas today and we were told that they are examining some possible evidence in Eric's case. Things our family and Eric's friends found did change Eric's case from missing to a homicide. We are hoping the items being looked at now will lead to more information in this case. I would strongly advise whoever knows what happened to Eric, to go to the police now and let them know.

Thanks for the update, Eric's mom. That may get things moving now. We will get this solved.

Thanks for the update, Eric's mom. That may get things moving now. We will get this solved.

Thanks, Spellbound ! I hope so. It is hard to know what we do know and have to wait sometimes for long periods of time to hear what's happening. As long as we are assured that the case is having some action, it is easier to wait.

My daughter talked to Det/Sgt Gary Thomas today and we were told that they are examining some possible evidence in Eric's case. Things our family and Eric's friends found did change Eric's case from missing to a homicide. We are hoping the items being looked at now will lead to more information in this case. I would strongly advise whoever knows what happened to Eric, to go to the police now and let them know.

That is amazing news! I am so happy to hear things are finally starting to break.
Here is hoping this year brings resolution for you Eric's Mom :grouphug:

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your interest in my nephews disappearance. We are going To keep looking for answers no matter how long it takes. We will not give up!!!

IMG_599627160307391.jpeg. This missing persons is on a post of a family member of the former girlfriend. I found the thread where he was listed on here. Does anyone know if he was found?

Does anyone know enough about the law enforcement rules and procedures in general to answer this question, "If a detective is transferred to another dept and quickly asks to be transferred back, would he normally be penalized by being demoted and never be allowed to be a detective again? "

Not unless there was some kind of penalty for some action or lack of. Often as an agreement or compromise to loosing a job, a demotion is common. (How did you find out they can never work as a detective again? Just for their PD or in the state or anywhere? You maybe able to get more info about any reports, alligations, investigations around the time of his transfer from that source. )

Not unless there was some kind of penalty for some action or lack of. Often as an agreement or compromise to loosing a job, a demotion is common. (How did you find out they can never work as a detective again? Just for their PD or in the state or anywhere? You maybe able to get more info about any reports, alligations, investigations around the time of his transfer from that source. )

The detective told our family he was penalized for asking for a transfer and asked to transfer back within 2 wks because the new scheduling hours just didn't work for his family. He is a celebrated officer for his exemplary work. He said he was told he would never be a detective again in his career for not staying with the new position. He is now a sergeant assigned to street duty and not allowed to work on cases he was working on before his transfer. He said he could be in trouble if he did. I just wondered if that was normal procedure . Thanks.

MissJ, last night I started reading from the first post here and got about half-way through. I just want you to know I am appalled at how hard it has been for you to get the help from LE that you needed at the very beginning. How heart-breaking this has been for you is beyond my comprehension, though I know it happens with many cases. You are such a loving mom, and I am honored to walk this path with you.

Hang tough, MissJ (and all the family members who have been here with us). You deserve answers.

MissJ, last night I started reading from the first post here and got about half-way through. I just want you to know I am appalled at how hard it has been for you to get the help from LE that you needed at the very beginning. How heart-breaking this has been for you is beyond my comprehension, though I know it happens with many cases. You are such a loving mom, and I am honored to walk this path with you.

Hang tough, MissJ (and all the family members who have been here with us). You deserve answers.

Thanks so much, Spellbound. Our family is grateful for any help anyone can offer. I was just talking to Eric's Aunt, With Eyes Wide Open, and told her that I want answers because Eric is my child and I need answers because of how hard this is on my body. I will not give up ! I will do whatever I can for as long as I have breath. It is so frustrating that the officer who was helping us during a crucial period in the investigation was penalized and is afraid he will lose his career entirely if he tries to help us at all. That is so wrong. I know there are rules and ways of doing things in various agencies, but that former detective did so much in just a few short months. A tipster had been calling with information and couldn't get a return call until that detective took over briefly due to illness of the lead detective on the case. That tipster was the reason Eric's case was changed from missing to a homicide. Yet, the lead detective says he will handle the case and not give it to the Homicide Division right now. I wait for days, then weeks, then months and years. The investigators do have some tangible possible evidence and we are hopeful. I would suggest that K and E call the police and talk about what they know.

The detective told our family he was penalized for asking for a transfer and asked to transfer back within 2 wks because the new scheduling hours just didn't work for his family. He is a celebrated officer for his exemplary work. He said he was told he would never be a detective again in his career for not staying with the new position. He is now a sergeant assigned to street duty and not allowed to work on cases he was working on before his transfer. He said he could be in trouble if he did. I just wondered if that was normal procedure . Thanks.

My foot! IMO, you're getting smoke blown up your kilt. If not, it's politics ....or something?

I believe it's politics, connections, and a whole lot of incompetence. At the expense of Eric, his Mom and his family.

I, anxiously, await the day that Eric is brought home to you, Eric's Mom, and justice is served.
I KNOW that day is coming!

Well in my now 12 years in LE I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that his story isn't the whole truth! If you're interested in private messaging me I might be able to dig a little deeper as I know you can't give many details/names in this forum. I think of you often and pray that you will get the justice your son and family so deserve!

I read each and every post from the very beginning as well as absolutely everything I could dig up online. It's clear that LE dropped the ball from the start and seems that there may be something else going on there. Was it true that the mother of Eric's daughter has or had family in local law enforcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3