MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The motel owner told me he would look at his records to see the exact date, but I assume the police asked for the paper work. They should have. The motel owner told me that Eric came in on March 14th, 2011 and paid a week's rent. He said that Eric stayed a couple of nights (he said he saw the lights on), then he said no one stayed at night for the next 3 nights, but Eric's former girlfriend came in the daytime. He said he looked in Eric's room during those 3 days and found Eric's belongings scattered around the room. Then he said on the 20th, Eric's former girlfriend came and removed some of Eric's things from his room. Then on the 21st, she came again and the motel owner stepped into the room and asked the former girlfriend where Eric was. He said she told him that Eric had gotten an apt and a job and would not be back to his motel. He said she turned in the room key. It is a small motel owned and run by one family. The motel owner's story has always been consistent to our family, the police and the news reporter.

The former girlfriend removed the rest of Eric's things when she came on the 21st. It was not in November 2011. It was March 2011. As far as the story told to the police by Eric's former girlfriend, she told the same story as the motel owner except for one very important detail. She said Eric was with her and she put his things in his trunk and watched him drive away to go out west , she thought. The motel owner said that Eric absolutely was not with her. Trouble with her story is, she had already told my sister and me in 3 separate phone calls that she last saw Eric in April in the Buena Vista township in front of her house following an argument in front of their daughter. She said she watched him leave from there headed to CA, she thought. That story was before we reported him missing. She only changed her story after I talked to the motel owner and found out she had been the one who removed his things and Eric wasn't with her. Trouble with that story is, she had told one of Eric's buddies in AZ much earlier (way before he vanished) that Eric was with her and doing well in June 2011. She also told me and the police she thought she heard from Eric in May 2011 by email and would try to contact him. Her inconsistent stories have caused problems obviously.

Explanation on my last post: We did not know at the time that Eric went missing that his friend in AZ had been in touch with the former girlfriend on Facebook in June. The friend in AZ had not heard from Eric either since March and got in touch with the former girlfriend checking on Eric. His friends, like his family, thought he was doing what was posted on Facebook...getting to know his daughter and fixing up a place in a rural area. So, I misspoke when I said Eric's AZ friend talked to the former girlfriend "way before he vanished". I meant we didn't know that until after we felt something was wrong and reported him missing. His friend saw our TV interview and contacted the former girlfriend again to ask if she killed him. Then he contacted the authorities and our family with what had been told to him in June.

Bumping, for some arrests.

Anyone ever wonder what uncaught murderers feel like on Halloween? They are the witches and ghouls but....they must have a tiny fear in their hearts that their victims will rise up and haunt them.

Bumping, for some arrests.

Anyone ever wonder what uncaught murderers feel like on Halloween? They are the witches and ghouls but....they must have a tiny fear in their hearts that their victims will rise up and haunt them.

Hi, zwiebel. I was just telling one of my sisters recently that I missed your posts. I know activity that we can post has not been so much lately, but be assured that there is activity in Eric's case. Hopefully, we will find the truth soon. At least we have had some new eyes looking at the information and trying to find answers. We needed that.

Some things are happening in the investigation of Eric's case. We hope to have something we can report before long. If not, someone's got some explaining to do ! We are, as usual, doing the contacting of authorities. They have not been good at reaching out to us for a long time now. I understand that is pretty common with families of missing loved ones, but I think it is a shame and unprofessional. I think families should be contacted on a regular basis regardless of a change in the case. Just to check in and let the family know they are still thinking of them and let the family know they are still hoping to find something in their investigation. In Eric's case, there are many things left undone that still need to be done. I think it is wrong that someone in charge actually closed Eric's case and never notified our family! When we found out through another source, we were told that it was not really closed, just closed in a department "code" sense ....whatever that means.....and it was re-opened because there are still things that need to be done !

Thinking about you Eric's mom! I know this is so hard, but you just keep being that mosquito in the authorities' ears. Don't let them slack off finding Eric for you and your family! He needs to come home!

Thinking about you Eric's mom! I know this is so hard, but you just keep being that mosquito in the authorities' ears. Don't let them slack off finding Eric for you and your family! He needs to come home!

Thanks, Bootsctr ! Someone came up to me at the last Missing in Michigan Day after I spoke a little about my son. She whispered in my ear a very similar message that I think about quite often. We became facebook friends. I do know that if something doesn't happen to make a drastic change in this investigation soon, Eric's family will publicly want to know why! There have been a few people stepping forward with their own information that has to be weighed in heavily in this investigation. We do know that Eric did make friends in Saginaw, contrary to what his former girlfriend had told me personally on the phone. We do know that the former girlfriend and her husband both gave false statements to our family and the police. We are hopeful that maybe the investigation will move forward now in a much better fashion. Like I said, if it doesn't, our family wants answers as to why not !

Hi, zwiebel. I was just telling one of my sisters recently that I missed your posts. I know activity that we can post has not been so much lately, but be assured that there is activity in Eric's case. Hopefully, we will find the truth soon. At least we have had some new eyes looking at the information and trying to find answers. We needed that.

Please don't think that because I'm not posting much, I've forgotten. That will never happen. I am just waiting. Knowing that someone out there is waiting too, for THAT knock on the door, and it is much more painful for them. :)

Eric's mom, can you start up a twitter to find Eric? I think it would really help.

Eric's mom, can you start up a twitter to find Eric? I think it would really help.[/

I don't know anything about Twitter, but I'm sure my daughter could help with it. I'll look into that. Thanks for the suggestion. We are hoping that the investigation is moving in the right direction now. It should be since some of Eric's friends are talking with the police about what they know that helps put the pieces together. Sometimes truth does come to the surface.

Police Ask Deer Hunters To Keep Eyes Peeled For Evidence In Case Of Skelton Brothers, Missing Nearly 4 Years

November 14, 2014 5:55 PM

MORENCI, Mich. (WWJ) – It’s been nearly four years since three young brothers vanished from southern Lenawee County.

Michigan State Police Det./Sgt. Jeremy Brewer says they are still actively investigating the disappearance of Andrew, Alexander, and Tanner Skelton, whose father failed to return them to their mother on the day after Thanksgiving, 2010.

As firearms deer hunting season begins on Saturday, Brewer said investigators are asking hunters to keep an eye out...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/11...e-of-skelton-brothers-missing-nearly-4-years/

Find Eric Lee Franks
Posted by Jo Ann Adams Franks · 20 hours ago · Edited
Thoughts from Eric's mom: Recently a friend sent this picture, along with three more of Eric, that I had not seen before. They were taken when the church youth group in Nashville, TN went on a trip out of town. In one he is helping load supplies onto the church bus. He was baptized by the youth director while away on one of these trips. You can see in this picture how much fun he was having. It made me think about how someone took away his opportunity to take trips in the future. It reminded me that he has friends who love and miss him. Frequently one of Eric's friends from high school talks to me about how nice Eric treated them and how he didn't judge them. If Eric was your friend, he would do whatever he could for you.
These pictures reminded me that someone didn't care if Eric ever had the opportunity to see his family again. Someone who is spending time with her own family doesn't seem to care that Eric's family would like to have had more time with him. The last person we know of to see Eric in Saginaw can't get her stories straight. We know from others in Saginaw that she has not told our family or the police in Michigan what she really knows. How does a person sleep at night with that kind of weight on their heart and mind?
If she is reading this and would like to clear her conscience, she knows how to reach me. She knows how to reach the MI State Police. She can call Det/Sgt Gary Thomas at (989) 495-5560 or call the anonymous tip line at (989) 495-5557. What is our life but a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. Yes, Eric's life was short here on earth, but remember we will all meet our Maker one day and give an account of the deeds done in our body, whether they be good or evil. You have to get it right on this side of eternity. We will wait for your call !
https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks

If you want to see the picture I mentioned in this post I made on Eric's community page, just click on the link to his facebook page. Our family is still waiting to hear from the Michigan State Police concerning what they are doing with the new tips that came in. We certainly would like more frequent communication with them.

Find Eric Lee Franks
Posted by Jo Ann Adams Franks · 20 hours ago · Edited
Thoughts from Eric's mom: Recently a friend sent this picture, along with three more of Eric, that I had not seen before. They were taken when the church youth group in Nashville, TN went on a trip out of town. In one he is helping load supplies onto the church bus. He was baptized by the youth director while away on one of these trips. You can see in this picture how much fun he was having. It made me think about how someone took away his opportunity to take trips in the future. It reminded me that he has friends who love and miss him. Frequently one of Eric's friends from high school talks to me about how nice Eric treated them and how he didn't judge them. If Eric was your friend, he would do whatever he could for you.
These pictures reminded me that someone didn't care if Eric ever had the opportunity to see his family again. Someone who is spending time with her own family doesn't seem to care that Eric's family would like to have had more time with him. The last person we know of to see Eric in Saginaw can't get her stories straight. We know from others in Saginaw that she has not told our family or the police in Michigan what she really knows. How does a person sleep at night with that kind of weight on their heart and mind?
If she is reading this and would like to clear her conscience, she knows how to reach me. She knows how to reach the MI State Police. She can call Det/Sgt Gary Thomas at (989) 495-5560 or call the anonymous tip line at (989) 495-5557. What is our life but a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. Yes, Eric's life was short here on earth, but remember we will all meet our Maker one day and give an account of the deeds done in our body, whether they be good or evil. You have to get it right on this side of eternity. We will wait for your call !
https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks

If you want to see the picture I mentioned in this post I made on Eric's community page, just click on the link to his facebook page. Our family is still waiting to hear from the Michigan State Police concerning what they are doing with the new tips that came in. We certainly would like more frequent communication with them.

That is beautiful Eric's mom.
It hits me all over again how unjust this all is for you, your family & friends, and of course Eric.
It must be even harder with the Holidays coming up, I can only imagine how hard it is to go through them and still not know where Eric is.
Once again I hope karma, fate, or whatever power is out there to make things right catches up with a certain person and you once and for all get the answers you deserve (and whatever justice there need be for Eric).
Stay strong, and be well :grouphug:

PS- The new picture of Eric is lovely, nice to see that big happy smile. Wherever he may be, I hope he is wearing that same smile.

Hoping there are answers soon. Thinking of Eric, his mom, family & friends as this holiday season approaches. Eventually the truth will come out!!

I just want to wish a happy Thanksgiving to all of you who have been so wonderful to help share Eric's fliers and express encouragement to Eric's family. It has meant a lot. Some days are really hard and have been weighing on my health. I feel weary often, but it is always good to hear the uplifting voices from internet friends like you. We will have some vacant seats at our Thanksgiving table as so many families will, but we are thankful for those we do have and will spend time with tomorrow. I have a daughter and her husband and two grandsons that are blessings indeed. My heart holds precious memories of our son, Eric. I pray for answers and to bring him home. I know who knows what happened and wish she would find it in her somehow to talk to the police with details.

Hoping there are answers soon. Thinking of Eric, his mom, family & friends as this holiday season approaches. Eventually the truth will come out!!

Thank you, Criminal Justice mom. Welcome to this discussion of Eric's disappearance. I hope the truth will come out before much longer. We are getting closer to the truth as Eric's family and friends keep digging for answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman