MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your beautiful words, Eric's Mom.
Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.

:grouphug:

Just joining in sending love, hope and hugs to you, Eric's Mom. He is such a nice looking young man. I will try to follow more often.

Happy Thanksgiving, Eric's Mom! Hugs! Still waiting for news that Eric is home with you!

Find Eric Lee Franks
Posted by Jo Ann Adams Franks · Yesterday · Edited
Thoughts from Eric's mom: As the Christmas season approaches, most of us will plan time with those we love. We will purchase gifts for those we hold dear. We will also miss those who are no longer living on this earth. Eric is a family member that has been missing for close to 4 years. His family and friends have reasons to believe he was murdered in Saginaw, Michigan in March or April of 2011. Hopefully, before another year passes, we will know for sure what happened to him.
I recently read an article from the Chicago Tribune with a quote from Sherry Marino, whose son, Michael, disappeared in 1976 at the age of 14. She was talking about having two adult daughters and how she enjoys taking care of her grandchildren, but the disappearance of her son remains ever present on her mind despite those who admonish her to move on with her life. She said she brushes aside those sentiments "because he's my son", she said. I understand. I wish I did not.
While you have opportunity, give your loved ones those hugs and say, "I love you" often. We never know when it could be the last time we have that opportunity. Eric knew he was loved and expressed to someone in Saginaw that he thought he would go home to those who really cared about him. He was not treated kindly by the people who lured him there. I believe going to Saginaw to meet his daughter cost him his life.
If you know anything at all about Eric's brief stay in Saginaw during the last two months of 2010 or the early months of 2011, please let the MI State Police know. Call Det/Sgt Gary Thomas at (989)495-5560 or the anonymous tip line at (989)495-5557.

https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks/photos/pcb.400182870138528/400170630139752/?type=1

Click on link to see photo of Eric when he was about 7yrs old with Santa in Tupelo, MS.

Just joining in sending love, hope and hugs to you, Eric's Mom. He is such a nice looking young man. I will try to follow more often.

Thank you, Spellbound. Welcome to the conversation about Eric and I appreciate your kind words. We are waiting for some further information about the investigation. I did receive a call today from a MI State Police officer who is not on Eric's case, but was so kind to check on something I wanted to know and get back with me with an answer. Eric's aunt and I met this officer twice in MI. He attended Eric's tour stop recently in Saginaw. Hopefully, tomorrow my daughter will talk to the lead detective in Eric's case to ask questions we have at this point.

Not knowing must be the most difficult thing to endure. We are searching for a young lady who went missing in our county the end of October and I have felt the tug of a mother/grandmother while waiting for word on her. That is how I happened upon Eric's story. I don't think you ever "move on" .... you hope and pray and wait with baited breath every ring of the phone or knock at the door.

My deepest emotion will never compare to yours, but know I care and will share in your efforts.

Find Eric Lee Franks
Posted by Jo Ann Adams Franks · Yesterday · Edited
Thoughts from Eric's mom: As the Christmas season approaches, most of us will plan time with those we love. We will purchase gifts for those we hold dear. We will also miss those who are no longer living on this earth. Eric is a family member that has been missing for close to 4 years. His family and friends have reasons to believe he was murdered in Saginaw, Michigan in March or April of 2011. Hopefully, before another year passes, we will know for sure what happened to him.
I recently read an article from the Chicago Tribune with a quote from Sherry Marino, whose son, Michael, disappeared in 1976 at the age of 14. She was talking about having two adult daughters and how she enjoys taking care of her grandchildren, but the disappearance of her son remains ever present on her mind despite those who admonish her to move on with her life. She said she brushes aside those sentiments "because he's my son", she said. I understand. I wish I did not.
While you have opportunity, give your loved ones those hugs and say, "I love you" often. We never know when it could be the last time we have that opportunity. Eric knew he was loved and expressed to someone in Saginaw that he thought he would go home to those who really cared about him. He was not treated kindly by the people who lured him there. I believe going to Saginaw to meet his daughter cost him his life.
If you know anything at all about Eric's brief stay in Saginaw during the last two months of 2010 or the early months of 2011, please let the MI State Police know. Call Det/Sgt Gary Thomas at (989)495-5560 or the anonymous tip line at (989)495-5557.

https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks/photos/pcb.400182870138528/400170630139752/?type=1

Click on link to see photo of Eric when he was about 7yrs old with Santa in Tupelo, MS.

Eric on Santa's lap is adorable! My kids wouldn't sit on his lap.
Here is the article you read. Glad she had the remains tested because they were not her son's but according to the article they were identified through dentals; I hope she will get closure. Very thankful for DNA testing so that there is no doubt

People can be cruel. I can't imagine my heartache if one of my kids were missing. It's easy for some people to tell her to move on; they can't imagine themselves in her shoes. I would tell people where to go. Do we know her on FB?

Mother still trying to find answers for son who disappeared years ago

Sherry Marino was looking forward to her regular Sunday evening trip to the movies with son Michael as he prepared to hang out with friends for the afternoon.

Don't forget about our outing tonight, she told him.

"OK, Mom," he said, "I'll see you at 6 o'clock."

She never saw her son again. He was 14 when he went missing on Oct. 24, 1976. Four years later, authorities told her that her son's remains were found among the 29 bodies discovered in the crawl space of John Wayne Gacy's Norwood Park Township home.
But Marino always has been unconvinced, especially after privately obtained DNA tests in 2012 indicated she was not the biological mother of the remains exhumed from her son's supposed grave at Queen of Heaven Catholic Cemetery in Hillside.

"I have no idea where he is, but I believe he is out there," said Marino, 70, a resident of Chicago's Uptown neighborhood, with long, jet black hair. "I don't believe he is one of the victims."
Now she is asking a Cook County judge for permission to exhume another body said to be a Gacy victim — her son's friend, Kenneth Parker, who went missing at the same time. A hearing has been scheduled for Monday in Circuit Court.

Over the years, Marino said she has had to leave restaurants out of grief when she sees other parents with teenage sons. She also said she often has difficulty getting out of bed in the morning.

She has two adult daughters and enjoys taking care of her grandchildren, but the disappearance of her son remains ever-present on her mind despite those who advise her to move on with her life.

She brushes aside those sentiments "because he's my son," she said.

"It's just hope," she said. "I am constantly thinking that he's going to come to the door."

My heart breaks for Eric's family, especially his mother. I've read ever thing from the 1st post on as well as any other news sources I could find. It seems clear to so many that a certain woman, possibly her whole family, knows way more than they're saying. How someone can live with that knowledge is beyond me. I'm hoping and praying for answers and closure as soon as possible!!

Hi everyone!

I've been reading this story (and WS) for a while so I figured I'd jump in. I haven't been able to read the entirety of this discussion but I'm working on it! The reason I'm writing on this page is because I'm from the area. Well, not BV specifically but I did go to high school and college in Saginaw and know the area fairly well. I'm still pretty close to Saginaw/BV/Bridgeport and it would only be about a 30-35 minute drive for me. Once I get through the pages of info I'll be able to make some better informed comments but I definitely wanted to join in the discussion and offer my condolences and maybe add some fresh, local eyes to the case.

Hi everyone!

I've been reading this story (and WS) for a while so I figured I'd jump in. I haven't been able to read the entirety of this discussion but I'm working on it! The reason I'm writing on this page is because I'm from the area. Well, not BV specifically but I did go to high school and college in Saginaw and know the area fairly well. I'm still pretty close to Saginaw/BV/Bridgeport and it would only be about a 30-35 minute drive for me. Once I get through the pages of info I'll be able to make some better informed comments but I definitely wanted to join in the discussion and offer my condolences and maybe add some fresh, local eyes to the case.

:Welcome1:

My heart breaks for Eric's family, especially his mother. I've read ever thing from the 1st post on as well as any other news sources I could find. It seems clear to so many that a certain woman, possibly her whole family, knows way more than they're saying. How someone can live with that knowledge is beyond me. I'm hoping and praying for answers and closure as soon as possible!!

Two of my sisters and I went to FL this summer and talked with Eric's former girlfriend. She was rude and would not talk to us much at all. Then again, what did we expect from her? She has told conflicting stories that can not all be true. She told me she knew of NO ONE who had become friends with Eric. She knew he had made friends at the motel. According to the motel owner and the housekeeper, Eric's former girlfriend had even warned the housekeeper to stay away from Eric. Sounds like jealousy to me, even though she has tried to distance herself from a relationship with Eric. Later, after the police found out about Eric being friends with the motel owner and the housekeeper, she said that maybe the housekeeper's husband had killed Eric. Of course, she had already said she helped Eric remove his things from the motel and head to CAL. Her stories changed to suite her needs at the time. The police said they knew she was lying from the first. She knew he had been with her to the Holland St ACF and met the manager, Sandra, and at least one of the residents. He had eaten Christmas dinner there. She never offered to tell me that. I am quite sure she and some of her immediate family knows what happened to Eric. I hope and pray for the day that she and her family will have to talk about it in a trial.

Hi everyone!

I would appreciate any help you can be, sublimeacoustic.

Thanks for joining in the conversation and hopefully you will know some people in the Saginaw area that might know the former girlfriend and her family and can offer some information to help us. We know who several of the extended family are, but some of them moved to FL along with the former girlfriend and her immediate family. Thanks again for offering to do what you can !

This post I made on Eric's community facebook page yesterday, now has reached 15,584 people. That is amazing and I appreciate all of the many shares and comments as a result by the people reached. Someone in Saginaw wants to help do whatever she can to find more information. We are still waiting to hear from the lead investigator.

Thoughts from Eric's mom: This picture of Eric and me was the last one taken of us together before he went to Saginaw, MI to meet his daughter, Emily. He was thrilled to meet her and spend some time with her. Since Eric was adopted as an infant, he was even more thrilled to know he had a biological child. It just breaks my heart to think of someone being so cruel to Eric that he was never able to come back to see me or any of his family or friends. It was 4 years in October since I last saw him. It will be 4 years in March since I last talked with him. I wonder if his daughter is concerned about what happened to him. I have never met her, but when I did speak to her this past summer in Florida, she told me she knew that Eric was missing and that she was sorry. Her mother, on the other hand, was not so polite. They need to speak up about what they know. I desperately need to know what happened to Eric and where he is. Please share this. If anyone in Michigan or Florida knows anything about what happened to Eric, please call the MI State Police. The lead investigating officer is Det/Sgt Gary Thomas. His phone # is (989)495-5560

To see the picture, go to Eric's facebook page.https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks

This post I made on Eric's community facebook page yesterday, now has reached 15,584 people. That is amazing and I appreciate all of the many shares and comments as a result by the people reached. Someone in Saginaw wants to help do whatever she can to find more information. We are still waiting to hear from the lead investigator.

Thoughts from Eric's mom: This picture of Eric and me was the last one taken of us together before he went to Saginaw, MI to meet his daughter, Emily. He was thrilled to meet her and spend some time with her. Since Eric was adopted as an infant, he was even more thrilled to know he had a biological child. It just breaks my heart to think of someone being so cruel to Eric that he was never able to come back to see me or any of his family or friends. It was 4 years in October since I last saw him. It will be 4 years in March since I last talked with him. I wonder if his daughter is concerned about what happened to him. I have never met her, but when I did speak to her this past summer in Florida, she told me she knew that Eric was missing and that she was sorry. Her mother, on the other hand, was not so polite. They need to speak up about what they know. I desperately need to know what happened to Eric and where he is. Please share this. If anyone in Michigan or Florida knows anything about what happened to Eric, please call the MI State Police. The lead investigating officer is Det/Sgt Gary Thomas. His phone # is (989)495-5560

To see the picture, go to Eric's facebook page.https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks

Just FYI: That post has now reached over 22,000 people and has generated many, many shares and comments and connections with people willing to help . Some live in the Saginaw area . I appreciate so many uplifting comments and offers to spread Eric's story far and near. Hopefully, someone will come forward with information.

links to your 2 posts

Find Eric Lee Franks · December 13
Thoughts from Eric's mom: This picture of Eric and me was the last one taken of us together before he went to Saginaw, MI to meet his daughter, Emily. He was thrilled to meet her and spend some time with her. Since Eric was adopted as an infant, he was even more thrilled to know he had a biological child. It just breaks my heart to think of someone being so cruel to Eric that he was never able to come back to see me or any of his family or friends. It was 4 years in October since I last saw him. It will be 4 years in March since I last talked with him. I wonder if his daughter is concerned about what happened to him. I have never met her, but when I did speak to her this past summer in Florida, she told me she knew that Eric was missing and that she was sorry. Her mother, on the other hand, was not so polite. They need to speak up about what they know. I desperately need to know what happened to Eric and where he is. Please share this. If anyone in Michigan or Florida knows anything about what happened to Eric, please call the MI State Police. The lead investigating officer is Det/Sgt Gary Thomas. His phone # is (989)495-5560.
https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks

Find Eric Lee Franks December 13 Eric Lee Franks and his mom, Jo Ann. This was the last picture taken of us together. I need to know what happened to my son!
http://youtu.be/0g11-7TzLTg

Attachments

• EricJoLastPic.jpg
    EricJoLastPic.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 152
Sorry I have been absent from the page. I have read thru everything I missed - Hoping for some new eyes - Maybe someone new can think of something we havent?

Sending special prayers your way, Eric's mom.

I would like to say Merry Christmas to each of you . I hope you enjoy the holidays with your families. I want to express to each of you how much Eric's family appreciates the help you have been to us in our search for Eric and answers to what happened to him. We are closer than ever in finding answers. We hope and pray that 2015 will bring Eric home one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3