MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Eric's mom! I'm still catching up! Wish I had known about Eric's case sooner. I feel like I am learning so much in a process that has to be so difficult when you're just thrown into such a situation with no warning. Encouraged by the new Detectives too. Fresh eyes are always good! Will be thinking about you and Eric on the 14th! Continued awareness is the key I believe! Keep the Faith!

http://cueontheroadtoremembertour.blogspot.com/ This link is to a heartwarming article written by Monica Caison , founder of the CUE (Community United Efforts) for the Missing in Wilmington, NC. It tells about the volunteers who travel across the country to help strangers find their missing loved ones. Eric is one of 100 who will have a tour stop in their honor. The tour is to bring awareness to the thousands of missing in our country. Each and everyone of them deserves to be found and justice to be served. Each family needs to have and deserves to have answers instead of days filled with questions and anxiety.

UPDATE: The keynote speaker at the stop by the 11th Annual CUE Center for the Missing Tour will be MI State Police Officer, Det Sarah Krebs. We appreciate her doing this for Eric. Time is fast approaching for the stop.
Also speaking will be Officer Mike White with the MI State Police. We appreciate both officers for agreeing to speak to us about the missing in MI.

Well, I did reach out to my ex-bf in Saginaw. This was his reply:

I've heard of this case but it hasn't been in the limelight too much, I remember it on TV I can ask around see who knows what ..... Why the interest ???!!!?
I see he was staying at the Miller in Dixie HWY in Bridgeport, the girl friend knows what happened, she gave two different stories to the family and PD. She knows something

Well, I did reach out to my ex-bf in Saginaw. This was his reply:

I've heard of this case but it hasn't been in the limelight too much, I remember it on TV I can ask around see who knows what ..... Why the interest ???!!!?
I see he was staying at the Miller in Dixie HWY in Bridgeport, the girl friend knows what happened, she gave two different stories to the family and PD. She knows something

Oh, I bet she does!

How did the gathering in Saginaw go? I really wanted to attend but I had a doctor appointment.

Missing persons group brings awareness to Eric Franks case

That is the story of Eric Franks, who went missing in the Saginaw area more than three years ago and hasn't been heard from or seen since. Not only is he missing, so is his car, but there is new information in the case that has his mother hopeful.

A group traveling around the country to help bring awareness about this case and other missing cases made a stop in Saginaw County.

"Until you find a body or get a confession, you don't know for sure, but the police and the family pretty much thought from the beginning that he was murdered," said JoAnn Franks, Eric's mother.

JoAnn is part of an 11 state tour by the CUE Center for Missing Persons, which is highlighting Franks' case on a stop in the Kochville Township Walmart parking lot.

http://www.abc12.com/story/26782212/missing-persons-group-brings-awareness-to-eric-franks-case

How did the gathering in Saginaw go? I really wanted to attend but I had a doctor appointment.

The CUE Center tour stop for Eric in Saginaw was very successful, we think. Altho it was rainy and windy that day, we were prepared with canopies and tarps. We had a small crowd from the area asking questions and taking missing fliers. We had 3 MI State Police officers present. Two of them spoke; Det/Tpr Sarah Krebs and Officer Mike White. Eric's aunt and I spoke as well as Monica Caison. Monica brought a team of volunteers with her. We had met them in FL this summer and it was good to see them again and give hugs ! A hug from one was especially touching as she shared her story of her missing son (age 19) who was found deceased. One lady from Saginaw stopped by to share a story with me about her niece who was recently found deceased in a metal barrel. The world is full of hate and crime, but we also saw the kind, generous, loving side of humanity . All three of the Saginaw TV networks were present for filming, interviews and helped release balloons. I chose to release 42 yellow balloons to represent Eric's current age if he is still alive. It was good to see Terry Camp with Ch 12 again and Ms Hardmon from CH 5 . Both had interviewed us before. Terry keeps in frequent contact with our family as he does whatever he can to help find answers. There was a live news interview with Eric's aunt Debra at noon.

We had fliers made and put out for Aundria Bowman (Alexis Badger) and made a poster about her to display since her mom, Cathy Terkanian, could not attend. We did the same for the missing Skelton brothers since their mom, Tanya Zuvers, could not attend.

My sister, Debra, and I stayed a few extra days to talk with the investigating detectives and lawyers. We also met with others in Saginaw to find out anything we could to help in our search for answers. We learned a few new things and were encouraged about the current investigation. Pieces of the puzzle occasionally fall into place from unexpected places. Even since arriving back home, an unexpected contact proved helpful. I appreciate my sister, Debra, so much for her immense help to me during preparation, set up on that rainy day and removal of all of our "stuff" afterwards and so much more. Eric's sister was a big help to me in the preparation period for that day also. It was work and expense, but we do feel it was very beneficial in keeping Eric's story in the forefront in Saginaw. We talked with people at the truck stop spoken about by Skiptracker and left missing fliers there. One of the waitresses did remember Eric. We talked with a Saginaw resident who had seen one of the missing fliers we posted in a Bridgeport store months ago. He remembered meeting Eric also. Some things found by our family should have been found by the investigators.

We appreciate the help that so many of you have been. Thanks again, FBEye, for your initial suggestion that I contact Monica Caison and the CUE Center in Wilmington, NC. They have certainly been a big help to our family in spreading Eric's story to a wider circle of people. The Road to Remember Tour was great ! One hundred people were spotlighted and Eric was one of those. Our family feels thankful to have been selected as a part of the tour. As is pointed out in the Ch 5 interview, there are 4,500 persons missing in Michigan. The state is third in the nation in the number of missing persons, behind CA and TX. Our hope was fueled by the energy of the event and by our interaction with various people while we were in Saginaw.

Oh, I bet she does!

In addition to Eric's former girlfriend giving the family and the police different stories, she had already given a different story to one of Eric's close friends on facebook before we knew he was missing. She told him that Eric was with her in June and she would tell Eric to call his friend in AZ. The friend never heard from Eric. Then when we did a TV interview with Ch 12 and it was posted where the friend could see it, he contacted the former girlfriend again. That's when she stated she didn't kill him and could prove it. Our family is still waiting for her to prove whatever it is that she can prove. Hopefully, she will someday be asked to do just that. The former girlfriend also said she heard from Eric in May through email, she thought. It is frustrating to say the least to have so may conflicting stories coming out of the same person's mouth. Perhaps there are bits and pieces of truth here and there. Perhaps there is a truthful story not yet told. Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive !

I have done more crying lately. I feel so sad and angry at the same time, that someone would just remove someone from their life with their family and friends. I share lots of missing person's fliers and view so many heart wrenching videos made to bring awareness to missing persons. There are thousands of families and friends of the missing that are in limbo, just waiting for the investigators to find the answers for them. Many , like our family, are not waiting. They are helping with their own legwork. My sister, Debra, and I did that last week. We continue to find puzzle pieces. We feel as sure as we can be without a body or confession, that someone murdered my son, Eric. He has been missing over 3 years under very suspicious circumstances. Three years is a long time to bear that kind of burden, but as a mother I can not stop searching for the answers. I am determined , with the help of investigators, family, Eric's friends and internet friends to find out what happened to Eric. I don't see how the people who know what happened can sleep at night or function in the day. I hope they don't do either very easily. That way, maybe they will eventually do the right thing and tell what they know happened.

I wish I could give you a big fat hug and make it all better. I can feel your misery.

Keep on keepin on. How can we help? What do you think our greatest contribution to the case would be?

I've skimmed the thread. Those in the know on this case could you tell me a couple of things please.

When Eric actually left the Bridgeport motel appears to be a bone of contention. Has it ever been determined when he officially checked out and not heresay by 'witnesses'.
Has the MPR ever been made available; on the public record? Time and date in November 2011?
:cheers:

I have done more crying lately. I feel so sad and angry at the same time, that someone would just remove someone from their life with their family and friends. I share lots of missing person's fliers and view so many heart wrenching videos made to bring awareness to missing persons. There are thousands of families and friends of the missing that are in limbo, just waiting for the investigators to find the answers for them. Many , like our family, are not waiting. They are helping with their own legwork. My sister, Debra, and I did that last week. We continue to find puzzle pieces. We feel as sure as we can be without a body or confession, that someone murdered my son, Eric. He has been missing over 3 years under very suspicious circumstances. Three years is a long time to bear that kind of burden, but as a mother I can not stop searching for the answers. I am determined , with the help of investigators, family, Eric's friends and internet friends to find out what happened to Eric. I don't see how the people who know what happened can sleep at night or function in the day. I hope they don't do either very easily. That way, maybe they will eventually do the right thing and tell what they know happened.

:(:grouphug:

I wish I could give you a big fat hug and make it all better. I can feel your misery.

Keep on keepin on. How can we help? What do you think our greatest contribution to the case would be?

Thanks, ontheclock. I appreciate your kind words. I have been thankful that so many have made suggestions to us, such as getting in touch with CUE Center in NC and I Have Vanished. They have both helped keep Eric's face and story in the public eye. I really don't know what to tell you exactly. Some of the legwork has to be done by the investigators, but our family has done a lot of it. We could not sit back and do nothing when we could see some things that weren't being done by officials in charge. It has paid off. Of course, some just has to be done by the officials in charge and so we keep on reminding them. New eyes on the case have been a big help. Eric's friends and family are working together to put puzzle pieces together.
We are currently trying to raise some funds for reward, future travel and lawyers. The trips are costly, but necessary to bring awareness to the case and also to do some of the legwork.
Depending on where you are located, you can possible find information in the Saginaw areas where Eric stayed and his former girlfriend lived. A waitress at the TA Truckstop in Saginaw asked for missing fliers to post around the motel area and the Fashions' Square Mall area. She said her husband grew up there and could ask questions around the area. She questioned another employee who remembered Eric. It seems he and his former girlfriend frequented the truckstop. If you are not in that area, maybe more internet searches will bring some new information. Thanks for whatever you can do. Sometimes, just knowing someone is there listening and putting thoughts together to form another possibility is helpful.

I've skimmed the thread. Those in the know on this case could you tell me a couple of things please.

When Eric actually left the Bridgeport motel appears to be a bone of contention. Has it ever been determined when he officially checked out and not heresay by 'witnesses'.
Has the MPR ever been made available; on the public record? Time and date in November 2011?
:cheers:

The motel owner told me he would look at his records to see the exact date, but I assume the police asked for the paper work. They should have. The motel owner told me that Eric came in on March 14th, 2011 and paid a week's rent. He said that Eric stayed a couple of nights (he said he saw the lights on), then he said no one stayed at night for the next 3 nights, but Eric's former girlfriend came in the daytime. He said he looked in Eric's room during those 3 days and found Eric's belongings scattered around the room. Then he said on the 20th, Eric's former girlfriend came and removed some of Eric's things from his room. Then on the 21st, she came again and the motel owner stepped into the room and asked the former girlfriend where Eric was. He said she told him that Eric had gotten an apt and a job and would not be back to his motel. He said she turned in the room key. It is a small motel owned and run by one family. The motel owner's story has always been consistent to our family, the police and the news reporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SammyC37