MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 *car found in 2020* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It was a very, very difficult couple of days as we waited for the remains to be identified. There was strong reason to believe the skeletal remains found were Eric's since the remains were found about 2 miles from where we have reasons to believe Eric was murdered. It is so hard for a mother to actually wish that remains found are those of her child, but since I have believed for years that my son was murdered and disposed of as those his life didn't matter to anyone, I hoped it was Eric. As his sister said to me, if it was Eric we could finally bring him home for proper burial. It was an older gentleman and I hope his family has the answers they have searched for.

Thanks to those responsible for making the February page of the National Calendar of events as a remembrance of the many missing persons in our country. February 3 is National Missing Persons Day. Eric's picture is included among other missing persons in the 2018 calendar. Thanks to Jo Ann Lowitzer , whose own daughter Ali has been missing since 2010, for organizing the photos submitted for the calendar page. I appreciate Eric being included.

https://i0.wp.com/nationaldaycalend...rsons-Day-February-3.jpg?resize=768,768&ssl=1

Thanks to all of you who continue to follow Eric's case. It is still an active case that is being investigated. Just because the suspects moved to FL, one of them passed away without being questioned properly and time has passed does not mean Eric's case has been forgotten. I won't let my son's case be forgotten ! The current lead investigator , Tpr Hilary House, has assured our family of her dedication to Eric's case. Our family still hopes and prays for the whole truth to be revealed and for justice to be served. Most importantly to me is that my son's remains be found and given a proper burial. No one should be cast aside or hidden as those they are not even human.

I had a family member of one of the suspects to get in touch with me after the airing of Disappeared and recently another person who was connected to the family messaged me with information. People connected to the suspects have talked to our family and to the police. I hope and pray that others who are involved and who know what happened and where we can find Eric's remains will have a change of heart and life and clear their conscience. Sinful deeds will come to light one day regardless of how much the guilty try to hide them.

Thanks to all of you who continue to follow Eric's case. It is still an active case that is being investigated. Just because the suspects moved to FL, one of them passed away without being questioned properly and time has passed does not mean Eric's case has been forgotten. I won't let my son's case be forgotten ! The current lead investigator , Tpr Hilary House, has assured our family of her dedication to Eric's case. Our family still hopes and prays for the whole truth to be revealed and for justice to be served. Most importantly to me is that my son's remains be found and given a proper burial. No one should be cast aside or hidden as those they are not even human.

I had a family member of one of the suspects to get in touch with me after the airing of Disappeared and recently another person who was connected to the family messaged me with information. People connected to the suspects have talked to our family and to the police. I hope and pray that others who are involved and who know what happened and where we can find Eric's remains will have a change of heart and life and clear their conscience. Sinful deeds will come to light one day regardless of how much the guilty try to hide them.

Glad people are talking. You will get your boy back, one of these days they'll trip themselves up. You're one tough mum!

Praying that someone develops a conscience, if only to make an anonymous report as to where we can find Eric. He needs to be brought home.
Mom, thinking of you always.

Thanks, dalsglen. I appreciate that kind comment. Some people talk to us and then others talk to us to deny what we were told by others ! I guess that is how people trip themselves up !

Thanks, Midge Montana. I always appreciate the prayers. I believe there are people covering for the guilty perhaps out of intimidation, loyalty or even love. They are guilty, too, if they do not tell the police what they know. Some have come forward to talk, but as you said some people need to develop a conscience . An anonymous call would be just fine. I just want my son's remains.

Someone recently said to me that since Kendra and Eric's daughter both had cancer , publicized it on FL news in an interview and made a public plea for financial help, why would they not use that same public news media outlet to help find Eric. Good question ! While the interest was high in the sad and unusual cancer of mother and daughter , would that not have been the perfect opportunity to connect a missing man and his daughter and have it spread throughout the states in the news ?

The holidays and birthdays bring a different kind of sadness to missing my son. I think the more time passes the harder it gets in one sense . The shock has worn off mostly and the horrible truth settles in and lingers there. I am so thankful for my daughter and her family and my sisters and friends. I just wanted to say thank you to all of you and wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ! People like you have such kind hearts and people like me and the rest of Eric's family and his friends appreciate you and your help so much. Just knowing you are "there" means more than you can realize. You bring a light to the darkness !

We are happy to be here for you, Eric’s Mom. It was nice to see you here today. I am glad your daughter lives close and you get to see her often. You have had enough losses, and having some family close fills a bit of the void. She is a very special young lady. I imagine these are rough days for her, too. So I send warm soft hugs to both of you, and a wish for a happy Christmas —- bring a little hubby and Eric into the celebration, perhaps a special tree ornament or some other item that was special to them and you can look at with happier thoughts. Have a nice day with your family. :grouphug: Merry Christmas, dear friend.

ETA .... do you have a pickle ornament? If not, you need one..... for Eric. Every time I open a jar for my DH I think of your Eric and have a little chuckle. I hate pickles.

Hope you have the very best holiday season possible, Eric's Mom. So very sorry another year is closing without an answer. May next year be the year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just saw the "Disappeared" episode--I never saw the show when it was first running. I was so captivated by Eric. He seems to have such a powerful and distinctive spirit. I hope his family gets some answers.

I thought they did a pretty good job fitting his story in the episode

has there been any updates on Eric's daughter that was fighting breast cancer a few years back?

After seeing a post on fb, I wanted to make sure i did stop by here to share some love :heartbeat:
But I also kinda wanted to say to maybe be careful about what is said about E publicly. If indeed she does know, you dont want to push her away (havent we all been stubborn teens)

I do not know how Eric's daughter is doing. She chooses not to communicate with me. She is a part of my son and he loved her dearly. I hope she is well and cancer free.

After seeing a post on fb, I wanted to make sure i did stop by here to share some love :heartbeat:
But I also kinda wanted to say to maybe be careful about what is said about E publicly. If indeed she does know, you dont want to push her away (havent we all been stubborn teens)

I agree. I also know she is about 23 yrs old now, a grown woman on her own. She recently told a reporter that she is not ready to talk about it. It will be 7 yrs next month. Anyone who knows anything needs to talk about it.

We are happy to be here for you, Eric’s Mom. It was nice to see you here today. I am glad your daughter lives close and you get to see her often. You have had enough losses, and having some family close fills a bit of the void. She is a very special young lady. I imagine these are rough days for her, too. So I send warm soft hugs to both of you, and a wish for a happy Christmas —- bring a little hubby and Eric into the celebration, perhaps a special tree ornament or some other item that was special to them and you can look at with happier thoughts. Have a nice day with your family. :grouphug: Merry Christmas, dear friend.

ETA .... do you have a pickle ornament? If not, you need one..... for Eric. Every time I open a jar for my DH I think of your Eric and have a little chuckle. I hate pickles.

I do hang special ornaments & pictures on the tree for Eric and his dad. A stuffed mouse of Eric's is always brought out at Christmas . Also, the baby buggy that held his first birthday candle hangs on the tree. There is a dill pickle ornament on the tree. I hang their stockings each year, too. Thanks for thinking of Eric when you open pickle jars !

has there been any updates on Eric's daughter that was fighting breast cancer a few years back?

I do not know how Eric's daughter is doing. She chooses not to communicate with me. She is a part of my son and he loved her dearly. I hope she is well and cancer free.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jajanes
Back