MI - Former US Gymnastics Doctor Larry Nassar Charged With CSA *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To my fellow posters who are following this case: DH and I are leaving for a cruise tomorrow. It might be difficult for me to keep up with breaking news, and I would appreciate your sharing as I will check in here daily. :tyou: I know about the Eaton County sentencing on January 31 but can't be sure I'll get live stream on the laptop somewhere in the Caribbean.

Only if you promise to bring some warm weather back with you to this frozen tundra we call home, Michigan.
Have fun!!!

I tried looking for the hour long documentary on YouTube from 2016 "Inside the Karolyi Ranch - Road to Rio" or something like that. I watched it during the Summer Olympics but now I can't find it anymore. I wonder if USA Gymnastics/Karolyi's took it down?

To my fellow posters who are following this case: DH and I are leaving for a cruise tomorrow. It might be difficult for me to keep up with breaking news, and I would appreciate your sharing as I will check in here daily. :tyou: I know about the Eaton County sentencing on January 31 but can't be sure I'll get live stream on the laptop somewhere in the Caribbean.
Have fun and enjoy your cruise I will also be posting articles and videos regarding Nassar case

Michigan State AD Mark Hollis resigns in wake of Larry Nassar case
'I'll always be a Spartan'

LANSING, Mich. - Michigan State University athletic director Mark Hollis resigned on Friday in wake of the Larry Nassar sex abuse case.

Hollis becomes the second prominent MSU official to step down this week after school president Lou Anna Simon resigned on Wednesday.

Hollis told the media on Friday that his last day will be on Wednesday. His resignation is also a retirement...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...k-hollis-resigns-in-wake-of-larry-nassar-case

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...s-michigan-state-athletic-director/109835108/

Larry Nassar scandal: MSU Athletic Director Mark Hollis resigns
by Tracy Connor

The fallout from the Larry Nassar sex-abuse scandal continued Friday with Michigan State University Athletic Director stepping down, saying he believed it would help the victims heal.

Mark Hollis' resignation came days after the NCAA announced it's opened an investigation into MSU's handling of allegations against Nassar, who had his sports-medicine practice at the Big Ten school and was also the Olympics team doctor for USA Gymnastics...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...athletic-director-mark-hollis-resigns-n841391

Only if you promise to bring some warm weather back with you to this frozen tundra we call home, Michigan.
Have fun!!!

I'll do my best :D I usually have to pinch myself a time or two for complaining that it's too hot in the ports we visit :blushing:

DeVos pledges Michigan State Nassar probe

Washington — Education Secretary Betsy DeVos says her department is investigating Michigan State University, vowing to hold the public university in her home state accountable for any violations of federal law.

DeVos made the announcement after MSU and USA Gynmastics sports doctor Larry Nassar was sentenced this week to 40 to 175 years in prison for first-degree sexual misconduct charges after more than 150 women and girls said he had sexually abused them...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...s-education-investigate-msu-nassar/109836152/

Marcie Bianco Why we treat the victims of Larry Nassar differently than the victims of Jerry Sandusky
The historical objectification of female athletes encompasses both their glorification and their victimization

Since the advent of Title IX, American athletics have been understood as a principal avenue for women’s empowerment and advancement. Confidence, self-esteem, strength, and resilience are touted as positive qualities imparted to girls through the playing of sports.

But how quickly is this cultural messaging undermined by the very institutions that are suppose to endorse them? The egregious crimes of Dr. Larry Nassar prove that even within realms intended for their advancement, girls and young women are being systematically abused and violated under the guise that they are being supported and coached in their quest to become champions and strong, independent women.

Not only that: It’s still possible for this abuse to go on for decades before anyone takes it seriously...

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...differently-victims-jerry-sandusky-ncna841196

USA Gymnastics says directors will resign

USA Gymnastics has confirmed that its entire board of directors will resign as requested by the U.S. Olympic Committee.

The move came Friday in the fallout from the Larry Nassar sexual abuse scandal. The former USA Gymnastics sports doctor has been pleaded guilty to molesting girls and young women. Some of the nation’s top gymnasts, including Olympians Aly Raisman, McKayla Maroney, Simone Biles and Jordyn Wieber, said they were among his victims.

The USOC had threatened to decertify the gymnastics organization, which besides picking U.S. national teams is the umbrella organization for hundreds of clubs across the country. A handful of board members had stepped down, but the USOC said a wholesale change was needed...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne.../usa-gymnastics-board-urged-resign/109838360/

2014 police report sheds light on how Nassar avoided criminal charges.

After the 2014 interview with police, Nassar began sending O'Brien emails, including later that day, with lectures, videos and references to other doctors who performed similar procedures, all meant to show that what he did was medical.

On May 30, the day after the interview with police, Nassar emailed O'Brien and said he thought it would be beneficial for Thomashow to see a hand placement video he had sent police, saying he thought the problem was that he didn't explain himself well enough.

On July 1, 2015, university police submitted a warrant request for a fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct charge, a misdemeanor. On Dec. 15, 2015, prosecutors denied the charges and said what Nassar did appeared to be "a very innovative and helpful manipulation," emails related to the denial of charges show.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com...ssar-michigan-state-investigation/1064914001/
BBM

ABC is doing a 20/20 episode on this case it's set to air tonight

I do not see Larry Nassar any different from the likes of Jerry Sandusky, Harvey Weinstein, Jimmy Savile, Lori Drew, Gertrude Baniszewski, Yoselyn Ortega, Jodi Arias, Casey Anthony, Elliot Rodger, Eric Harris, Adam Lanza, Seung-Hui Cho, Devin Kelley, Omar Mateen, Stephen Paddock, and Osama bin Laden. Like Nassar, they are all very vile and evil at heart.

Michigan State president Lou Anna Simon resigns over Nassar scandal

[snipped]

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...nna-simon-resigns-over-nassar-scandal-n840866

An employment agreement Simon signed in late 2012 guarantees a host of post-presidency benefits that kicked in with her resignation. The university on Thursday provided the agreement to The Detroit News. (at link)

Simon was earning a $750,000 base salary and a $100,000 annual retention bonus under a 2014 amendment approved by the Board of Trustees. According to the agreement, her resignation is not official for at least 60 days, a period during which she must continue to fulfill her duties and cooperate in the transition to a new president.

If she chooses to return to the faculty after her presidency, Simon could again earn her full $750,000 salary during a one-year research leave. She could earn the full salary for another year as a faculty member, and then 75 percent of that in subsequent years, or $562,500 annually.

The agreement guarantees several other lifetime perks for Simon and her husband, including:

■Two free tickets to home football games in the Spartan Club on the 4th floor of the Stadium Tower

■Tickets for bowl games and post-season play for football, men’s and women’s basketball, and ice hockey, and tickets for performances on campus

■The option to purchase up to four season tickets for men’s basketball with the same or comparable location provided to her during the 2009-10 season

■Two free tickets to home women’s basketball games in a seating location comparable to the men’s games, and two free courtside tickets for women’s volleyball

■A parking pass for each home football game, home men’s and women’s basketball game, and home ice hockey game

■Two free all-event and all-location driving and parking passes as were available to her as president

The agreement requires the university to refer to Simon as President Emeritus upon resignation. She and her husband will continue to be provided technical computer support and access to all university computer services, including voicemail.

If she returns as faculty, the university would also be required to provide Simon with a suitable office, secretarial services, computer, technology, support and other office tools.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...u-simon-resignation-contract-perks/109803500/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill
Back