MI - Former US Gymnastics Doctor Larry Nassar Charged With CSA *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
USA Gymnastics abandons Karolyi Ranch amid sex-abuse scandal
by Tracy Connor

Scandal-rocked USA Gymnastics announced Thursday it will no longer train gymnasts at the famed Karolyi Ranch in Texas, where powerhouse Olympic teams were built and where some athletes say they were molested by the team doctor, Larry Nassar.

The move comes a few days after Simone Biles, the star of the 2016 games, revealed that she was abused by Nassar and said she could not bear the thought of training again at the facility near Huntsville...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-karolyi-ranch-amid-sex-abuse-scandal-n838876

Aly Raisman at the stand speaking

Attachments

• DT6q3v8X0AArnMN.jpg
    DT6q3v8X0AArnMN.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 12
What MSU knew: 14 were warned of Nassar abuse
8 women reported abuse claims, at least one of which reached president

Reports of sexual misconduct by Dr. Larry Nassar reached at least 14 Michigan State University representatives in the two decades before his arrest, with no fewer than eight women reporting his actions, a Detroit News investigation has found.

Among those notified was MSU President Lou Anna Simon, who was informed in 2014 that a Title IX complaint and a police report had been filed against an unnamed physician, she told The News on Wednesday.

“I was informed that a sports medicine doctor was under investigation,” said Simon, who made the brief comments after appearing in court Wednesday to observe a sentencing hearing for Nassar. “I told people to play it straight up, and I did not receive a copy of the report. That’s the truth.”

Among the others who were aware of alleged abuse were athletic trainers, assistant coaches, a university police detective and an official who is now MSU’s assistant general counsel, according to university records and accounts of victims who spoke to The News...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/te...sident-told-nassar-complaint-2014/1042071001/

Court adjourned at 5:00PM yesterday. New victims/survivors continue to come forward with their statements, and Judge Aquilina has indicated that the hearing will go until at least Tuesday so that everyone who wishes to be heard will have the opportunity. I was away from the house for about two hours yesterday but watched/listened to women's statements the remainder of the day. I doubt that Nassar will ever admit that he did anything wrong. He is a pathetic little man with no conscience and is somehow convinced that his "medical" treatment was legitimate. There is a special place in he!! for him and for all those who looked the other way and allowed this sexual abuse to continue. :devil:

That's terrible. I didn't realize their complicity was so bad, had been going on for so long. Imagine how many assaults of women athletes that could have been prevented. SMH.

ETA: Referring to your Detroit News article, BDE. 14 people at MSU knew? Ugh. Shocking! This is worse than Penn State.

That's terrible. I didn't realize their complicity was so bad, had been going on for so long. Imagine how many assaults of women athletes that could have been prevented. SMH.

ETA: Referring to your Detroit News article, BDE. 14 people at MSU knew? Ugh. Shocking! This is worse than Penn State.

And I don’t understand why MSU, USA Gymnastics and the USOC continued to prop up this doctor. Wth???

And I don’t understand why MSU, USA Gymnastics and the USOC continued to prop up this doctor. Wth???

Former gymnast Rachael Denhollander eloquently addressed this issue last November:

[video=youtube;PI1LOirNMWQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI1LOirNMWQ&t=236s[/video]

MSU trustee calls for Simon to step down over Nassar

One member of MSU’s Board of Trustees is breaking with the others and calling for President Lou Anna Simon to step down from her post, saying he feels she cannot “survive the public outcry” over the Larry Nassar scandal.

"I feel that our best recourse is for President Simon to resign immediately in order to allow the healing process to begin, first and foremost for the survivors and secondarily for our university," MSU Trustee Mitch Lyons said in a statement sent to media, including ESPN, late Saturday.

“I believe that without question, the public has lost confidence in Dr. Simon to effectively lead this university, and I believe that this loss of confidence is irreparable.”

He is the first trustee to call for Simon’s resignation...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ard-chair-brian-breslin-reelection/109634950/

Former gymnast Rachael Denhollander eloquently addressed this issue last November:

[video=youtube;PI1LOirNMWQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI1LOirNMWQ&t=236s[/video]

Thank you so much for this. I missed this when it happened. And the corrupt system is even worse than I imagined.

Thank you so much for this. I missed this when it happened. And the corrupt system is even worse than I imagined.

You're welcome Doghairrules. Heck, I missed it too lol.

I was just reading about Kathie Klages, the former MSU gymnastics coach. In the late 90's, two gymnasts complained to her about Nassar, but Klages shut them down, making them feel at fault. It was just one big awful mess, and Nassar was a much better con artist than doctor.

You're welcome Doghairrules. Heck, I missed it too lol.

I was just reading about Kathie Klages, the former MSU gymnastics coach. In the late 90's, two gymnasts complained to her about Nassar, but Klages shut them down, making them feel at fault. It was just one big awful mess, and Nassar was a much better con artist than doctor.

Unbelievable. I just can’t fathom the number of adults who enabled this to go on for so long. I hope charges are brought against every last one of them.

Unbelievable. I just can’t fathom the number of adults who enabled this to go on for so long. I hope charges are brought against every last one of them.

Yes. The power system protected the "esteemed" Dr. Nassar, and he knew it.

As it turns out, coach Klages and Nassar were old friends. She vehemently defended him over the years. In late 2016 she wanted her gymnastics team to sign a support card for Nassar, who by then was under a full police investigation. She even thought his extensive collection of child *advertiser censored* could have been planted.

Totally agree. The sooner the better. Let's get some amazing gymnasts to fill their spots! Aly for pres of USAG :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29
Back