GUILTY MI - Gabby Barrett, 4, dies of burns, Sumpter Twp, 1 Jan 2018 *B. Fields GUILTY*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ah geez.... poor Gabby....
animated-smileys-sad-044.gif

They played the 911 call, which was difficult to make out due to crying. I'm not sure if it was grandma on the phone? I missed the first half of it.

Now they are reading through text exchanges between Diaz and Fields about Gabby. (she peed her pants again, I hit her, she puked twice - similar to to things we have seen reported)

Unfortunately for me the trial is Eastern time so I haven't been able to watch anything live. But I found videos of the hearings, including Diaz' on YouTube from them and an additional source. Only the lawandcrime videos came up in a search but once I clicked on them I could see the LadyJustice link on the right sidebar.
LadyJustice2188
Law & Crime Network
I'm pressed for time but plan to watch them all over the next few days.

I've started watching these videos on Youtube. I'm going to try and go through them before catching up on the thread as I don't know if there's already been a verdict and I'd rather see the trial develop as it happened.

At the moment I'm still watching the Day 1 testimonies.

It really is so hard to listen to. They are on a lunch break now, I should be able to post some summaries from the afternoon session. Thanks MsMarple <3
Thanks Hraefn! It's really hard listening to the testimony. The texts and videos especially just drained me emotionally!

I'm sorry I missed the 911 call - IMO we learn a lot from them. I'll check YouTube to see if it's up.
Thanks again! And thanks to Amonet too!
hug2-smiley.gif

ETA: Today's testimony is up on YouTube. The doctor who testified is the ME - Dr. Jeffrey Jentzen. The audio is better.

Nothing to thank me for lol ... I'm just kicking myself that I missed the start of the trial in real time and am now playing catch-up and can't discuss each day's testimony with you guys as it happens.

Wednesday, Sept. 19th:
*Trial continues (Day 7) (@ 9am CT) - MI - Gabrielle "Gabby" Barrett (4) (Jan. 1, 2018 died due to severe burns) – *Brad Edward Fields (28) BF charged (1/20/18) with 4 counts: felony murder, 2nd degree murder, 1st degree child abuse & torture. Charged (5/11/18) with conspiracy to commit first-degree child abuse and conspiracy to commit second-degree child abuse charges. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Trial was set to start 8/13/18, moved to 9/11/18.
Update: Day 5 thru 6: State testimony continues from 9/17 to 9/18. Trial continues to 9/19.

Part 2 is now up on YouTube. 911 call starts at 37:00. After all those texts with the disgusting discussions I cannot believe that the panic in her voice is anything other than fear -- for herself because she knows she's in big trouble. I wonder how long it took to work herself up in order to sound believable. Bah. I'm going to be traveling until Sunday and will try to check in. I'm expecting a guilty verdict for Fields.

Was just able to check in on the live feed for today and video won't load for me. They may not be in session. Will keep you all posted as I refresh and try to see what is going on.

There are no videos on YouTube for Day 2. Does anyone know if there's a reason for that?

Oh ugh, I'm home early enough to catch part of today's testimony. I just watched a 7 minute video from a nanny cam of Gabby waking up at night.

It's not graphic but to me it shows that something was very wrong in her life; she leaves the room, returns and sits on her bed, rocking back and forth. It reminded me of video I've seen of animals suffering from zoochosis. I missed the date of the video but the person testifying said the company only stored video online for 24 hours.

I also heard more of those text messages. A lot of complaining from Fields when he was watching Gabby but what struck me was how much texting went back and forth. It seemed like he chronicled every minute when he babysat Gabby. It creeped me out; not just the obviously violent ones - "she pissed herself again," "smack her *advertiser censored*," - but things like Fields saying Gabby wanted a cold bath after wetting herself. Especially in light of the scalding water torture.

Day three part 1 on Youtube starts with a segment of video that sounds like part of the same thing you're referring to. Actually it started with a video segment of Gabby standing in her underwear and the voice of CD, which I couldn't understand what was said but I could see little Gabby shying away from the words in fear like she's trying to protect herself and is terrified something bad is coming. Then it goes to the video where Gabby is rocking back and forth, and to be honest I wasn't sure what I was watching as it looks like a scene from a horror movie.

Thursday, Sept. 20th:
*Trial continues (Day 7) (@ 9am CT) - MI - Gabrielle "Gabby" Barrett (4) (Jan. 1, 2018 died due to severe burns) – *Brad Edward Fields (28) BF charged (1/20/18) with 4 counts: felony murder, 2nd degree murder, 1st degree child abuse & torture. Charged (5/11/18) with conspiracy to commit first-degree child abuse and conspiracy to commit second-degree child abuse charges. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Trial was set to start 8/13/18, moved to 9/11/18.
Update: Day 1 thru 4: State testimony continues from 9/12 thru 9/14.
Update: Day 5 thru 6: State tes8imony continues from 9/17 to 9/18.
Update Day 7: No testimony today. No reason given. Trial continues to 9/20.

Reading through Diaz's texts seemingly putting the blame on her. Saying she is always the one saying "beat her *advertiser censored*" "she's in trouble when I get home" etc.

Defense implying that 3-4 days before Gabby's death Diaz texted Cynthia Diaz (is that her mother?) and said to take Gabby, "I'm done" and that shows that Diaz wanted to get rid of Gabby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnaNikiSB
Back