GUILTY MI - Gabby Barrett, 4, dies of burns, Sumpter Twp, 1 Jan 2018 *B. Fields GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
and again Thanks for checking Amonet!

According to my notes this "sever child" trial should be going until May 4th?? :dunno: Surprised I see no current articles either!

Diaz' next court date:

Charge Description Offense Date Docket Number Sentence Date Disposition Sentence Length Crime Class Arresting Agency
HOMICIDE - FELONY MURDER 1/20/2018 1:06 PM 1870039501 Felony
Court Date:
5/16/2018

Diaz' next court date:

Charge Description Offense Date Docket Number Sentence Date Disposition Sentence Length Crime Class Arresting Agency
Court Date:
5/16/2018

I misunderstood, I was thinking that the current thing going on was the murder trial.

In that case I hope there will be media coverage of the proceedings for the actual murder trial, and I hope severe and appropriate sentences will be handed down.

Diaz' next court date:

Court Date:
5/16/2018

Now I'm seeing Diaz' court date as 6/26/2018. I wonder if there was a continuance because of her mental evaluation?

Brad Fields next court date is still 5/11/2018.

http://www.sheriffconnect.com/operations/jails/search-jail-inmates.html

No word on the parental rights termination hearing. Maybe that also got delayed because of the mental eval?

Thanks (again!) for the updated hearing for Diaz MsMarple!!

Friday, May 11th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ CT) - MI - Gabrielle "Gabby" Barrett (4) (Jan. 1, 2018 died due to severe burns) - for Brad Edward Fields (28) BF charged with 4 counts: felony murder, 2nd degree murder, 1st degree child abuse & torture. Held without bond.
Next hearing is on May 11th.
*Candice Renea Diaz (24) "mom" charged with 4 counts: felony murder, 2nd degree murder, 1st degree child abuse & torture. Held without bond. Next hearing on 6/26.
State officials have begun legal proceedings to sever the couple's parental rights to Diaz's other daughter and Gabrielle's half-sister. A hearing on the state's petition was on Jan. 25, 2018 in Wayne County Circuit Court. A trial date to sever parental rights was on April 24 through May 4 and lasted at least two weeks. This was cancelled due to Diaz' pysch eval. The state's court petition also said both Diaz and Fields have criminal histories. Diaz is on probation for 2016 convictions for carrying a concealed weapon and possession of prescription forms. Fields has convictions for interfering with a police investigation, third-degree retail fraud and carrying a concealed weapon.
Magistrate DiSanto entered not guilty pleas for them and marked their files as mental health so they can receive mental health services in custody on Jan. 20, 2018.

LIVE: Hearing for mother's boyfriend accused of torturing, killing 4-year-old Michigan girl
Mother, her boyfriend both face charges in girl's dea
th

WAYNE, Mich. - Brad Fields is due in court Friday where a judge will determine if there is enough evidence to send his case to circuit court.

He is charged with felony murder, second-degree murder, torture and first-degree child abuse in connection to 4-year-old Gabrielle Barrett's death on Jan. 1, 2018...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...killing-4-year-old-michigan-girl-due-in-court

Audio feed is noisy. I'll check for other live streaming.

LIVE: Hearing for mother's boyfriend accused of torturing, killing 4-year-old Michigan girl
Mother, her boyfriend both face charges in girl's dea
th

WAYNE, Mich. - Brad Fields is due in court Friday where a judge will determine if there is enough evidence to send his case to circuit court.

He is charged with felony murder, second-degree murder, torture and first-degree child abuse in connection to 4-year-old Gabrielle Barrett's death on Jan. 1, 2018...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...killing-4-year-old-michigan-girl-due-in-court

Audio feed is noisy. I'll check for other live streaming.

From that link

"Conspiracy to commit first-degree child abuse and conspiracy to commit second-degree child abuse charges were added at the hearing."

The descriptions in their texts to each other sound like they were torturing that poor baby on a regular basis!

and from the court site:

Charge Description Offense Date Docket Number Agency
HOMICIDE - FELONY MURDER 1/20/2018 3:15 PM 1870039502 Felony

Court Date
5/18/2018

Update in red:

Friday, May 11th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ CT) - MI - Gabrielle "Gabby" Barrett (4) (Jan. 1, 2018 died due to severe burns) - only for Brad Edward Fields (28) BF charged with 4 counts: felony murder, 2nd degree murder, 1st degree child abuse & torture. Held without bond.
*Candice Renea Diaz (24) "mom" charged with 4 counts: felony murder, 2nd degree murder, 1st degree child abuse & torture. Held without bond. Next hearing on 6/26.
State officials have begun legal proceedings to sever the couple's parental rights to Diaz's other daughter and Gabrielle's half-sister. A hearing on the state's petition was on Jan. 25, 2018 in Wayne County Circuit Court. A trial date to sever parental rights was on April 24 through May 4 and lasted at least two weeks. This was cancelled due to Diaz' pysch eval. The state's court petition also said both Diaz and Fields have criminal histories. Diaz is on probation for 2016 convictions for carrying a concealed weapon and possession of prescription forms. Fields has convictions for interfering with a police investigation, third-degree retail fraud and carrying a concealed weapon.
Magistrate DiSanto entered not guilty pleas for them and marked their files as mental health so they can receive mental health services in custody on Jan. 20, 2018.
5/11/18 update: Fields was in court Friday where a judge determined there was enough evidence to send his case to circuit court. He was found competent to stand trial this past month, allowing the next phase of the case to proceed.
Conspiracy to commit first-degree child abuse and conspiracy to commit second-degree child abuse charges were added at the hearing. Fields was bound over on all charges including the additional charges. Next court hearing 5/18.

Horrific treatment alleged in girl’s death

Disturbing details emerged in testimony Friday surrounding the couple accused of the torture and death of a 4-year-old Sumpter Township girl.

Gabby Barrett was beaten and forced to sleep on a plastic garbage bag in a freezing mobile home in Sumpter Township in the last months of her life, a township investigator testified during the preliminary examination for Brad Fields, the boyfriend of the girl’s mother.

Testimony also centered on a series of Facebook Messenger communications between Fields and Gabby’s mother, Candice Rena Diaz, where the two allegedly discussed how to punish Gabby for wetting herself. Both are in their mid-20s.

During the hearing in 34th District Court in Romulus for Fields, the father of the girl’s younger sibling, Sgt. Elizabeth Egerer testified that messages between Fields and Diaz through Facebook Messenger detailed how the couple abused the girl because of their “frustration” with her wetting herself...

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n.../05/11/sumpter-township-child-death/34826201/

I listened to about 30 minutes of the hearing but audio was awful so I gave up. During the time that watched, detailed descriptions were given for Gabby's significant injuries. This little girl endured absolutely horrific abuse by the monsters who "cared" for her. Gabby didn't have a chance. :stormingmad:

From that link

"Conspiracy to commit first-degree child abuse and conspiracy to commit second-degree child abuse charges were added at the hearing."

The descriptions in their texts to each other sound like they were torturing that poor baby on a regular basis!

I just don’t understand why individuals like this have children. I wish I could follow this case every day but my heart can’t take it it is too distressing. I hope they both get the maximum punishment available.

I listened to about 30 minutes of the hearing but audio was awful so I gave up. During the time that watched, detailed descriptions were given for Gabby's significant injuries. This little girl endured absolutely horrific abuse by the monsters who "cared" for her. Gabby didn't have a chance. :stormingmad:

Thank you for listening to any of it and sharing so the rest of us don't have to.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Disturbing details emerged in testimony Friday surrounding the couple accused of the torture and death of a 4-year-old Sumpter Township girl.

Gabby Barrett was beaten and forced to sleep on a plastic garbage bag in a freezing mobile home in Sumpter Township in the last months of her life, a township investigator testified during the preliminary examination for Brad Fields, the boyfriend of the girl’s mother.

Testimony also centered on a series of Facebook Messenger communications between Fields and Gabby’s mother, Candice Rena Diaz, where the two allegedly discussed how to punish Gabby for wetting herself. Both are in their mid-20s.

During the hearing in 34th District Court in Romulus for Fields, the father of the girl’s younger sibling, Sgt. Elizabeth Egerer testified that messages between Fields and Diaz through Facebook Messenger detailed how the couple abused the girl because of their “frustration” with her wetting herself...

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n.../05/11/sumpter-township-child-death/34826201/

As if it couldn't get any worse. IMO the torture Diaz and Fields rained upon Gabby had nothing - nothing - to do IMO with any abuse Diaz went through as a child herself. This is unadulterated abuse. Who the hell exchanges texts messages about how to "discipline" a 4-year-old in such a heinous manner? IMO two people who were getting something satisfactory out of hurting a defensless child. IOW, I'm accusing them of getting pleasure on some disturbing level. All MOO.

I agree with you Miss Marple. This went way above abuse. They tortured that little girl, and planned it. The text messages add an element that just turned my stomach.

Friday, May 18th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ CT) - MI - Gabrielle "Gabby" Barrett (4) (Jan. 1, 2018 died due to severe burns) - only for Brad Edward Fields (28) BF charged with 4 counts: felony murder, 2nd degree murder, 1st degree child abuse & torture. Held without bond. 5/11/18 charged with conspiracy to commit first-degree child abuse and conspiracy to commit second-degree child abuse charges.
BF was found competent to stand trial in April, 2018.
State officials have begun legal proceedings to sever the couple's parental rights to Diaz's other daughter and Gabrielle's half-sister. A hearing on the state's petition was on Jan. 25, 2018 in Wayne County Circuit Court. A trial date to sever parental rights was supposed to be on April 24 through May 4. This was cancelled due to Diaz' pysch eval. The state's court petition also said both Diaz and Fields have criminal histories. Diaz is on probation for 2016 convictions for carrying a concealed weapon and possession of prescription forms. Fields has convictions for interfering with a police investigation, third-degree retail fraud and carrying a concealed weapon.

:judge:

Update for Candice:

Tuesday, June 26th:

*Prelim Hearing (@ CT) - MI - Gabrielle "Gabby" Barrett (4) (Jan. 1, 2018 died due to severe burns) – only for *Candice Renea Diaz (24) "mom" charged (1/20/18) with 4 counts: felony murder, 2nd degree murder, 1st degree child abuse & torture. Held without bond. 5/11/18 charged with conspiracy to commit first-degree child abuse and conspiracy to commit second-degree child abuse charges. 5/18 hearing was postponed to today.

Update for Brad:

Friday, July 6th:
*Prelim Hearing (@ CT) - MI - Gabrielle "Gabby" Barrett (4) (Jan. 1, 2018 died due to severe burns) – only for *Brad Edward Fields (28) BF charged (1/20/18) with 4 counts: felony murder, 2nd degree murder, 1st degree child abuse & torture. Held without bond. 5/11/18 charged with conspiracy to commit first-degree child abuse and conspiracy to commit second-degree child abuse charges. BF was found competent to stand trial in April, 2018. Trial starts 8/13/18.

OT/Related: Another local case of a mother using scalding water to punish child.

Officials: 'Frustrated' Pontiac mother burned 1-year-old son with hot water

A Pontiac woman has been charged for burning her 1-year-old son with hot water, the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office announced Friday.

Carmen Ann Smith-Portee initially denied harming the child when deputies responded to their home about 12:05 p.m. May 19 in the 100 block of Apple Lane to find emergency personnel treating scalds and burns to his arm, back and forehead, investigators said in a statement...

Officials: 'Frustrated' Pontiac mother burned 1-year-old son with hot water

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tayericson1026
Back