Still Missing MI - Heather Kelley, 35, mom of 8, phoned kids said would be home soon, car found, Kalamazoo, 11 Dec 2022 *Reward* *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess I'm slow. What are you talking about? What signs that she was trying hard? What headwinds? Where are you getting this stuff?
Tons of stuff all over social, out of bounds to source here due respectfully to TOS. I can say though that this woman called her kids that night. If nothing else is MSM-cited but that, there we go, to me that is plenty enough.

Have you read the entire thread for this missing woman? Well, in one of the videos, imbedded in an article, there is an interview with Heather's mother. Listen to that and you will find out.
Some of us cannot hear the video.
If anyone could provide a transcript, that would be fantastic!

She went missing on the 10th, and this inmate's offense was the 15th. Or, was that just when they were arrested?
They are generally booked the same day they are arrested. In the case of the record in question, the booking and arrest date is the same. Because booking creates an official arrest record, arrested suspects who can post bail immediately often can't be released until after the booking process is complete. The only time I’ve seen booking take a few days past the date of arrest is when the suspect is only receiving a citation.

A Michigan mom of eight who vanished ten days ago is now considered a probable victim of foul play, according to police.

Heather Kelley, 35, was last seen in public on Dec. 10, according to Kalamazoo County Sheriff Richard Fuller, who spoke about the missing woman at a Dec. 19 press conference.

Kelley had left her home around 9 p.m. that night, then called her children at 10:20 p.m. to tell them she was heading back home. She was seen on camera outside a business in the Comstock area, but never made it home to her family, according to her missing persons poster.

Kelley's abandoned truck was located on Dec. 11, about three miles from where she'd been spotted on camera the night before.

There is currently a person of interest in the case in custody on an unrelated charge, according to Fuller, who said, "We believe that person has some information that can help us locate our missing person."...

Thinking about Heather's children, family, and friends on this Christmas Day. I'm afraid that this story will not have a happy ending and hope that Heather's children are in good hands with relatives. I trust that family and friends made sure that the children received some nice holiday gifts and that they will enjoy each other's company even though their mom is still missing. Prayers for Heather Kelley's children as they celebrate Christmas without their beloved mom.

During the press conference, Fuller also said that evidence within Kelley's abandoned vehicle led them to believe she is likely the victim of foul play. Still, he said, "We have hope that she is still alive, which is why we continue to work [this as a] missing persons case."

The Sheriff said they have a person in custody being held on an unrelated charge, that was picked up in last several days. PC was on 12/19.

Hope she was receiving child support. If not, she may have filed for such. I don't know how long she had been separated from her children's father. Child support is a powerful impetus. If one is ordered to pay child support, it is an expensive obligation. But, if full custody is awarded, based upon the disappearance of the primary custodial parent, the expensive obligation goes away.

Last edited:
Hope she was receiving child support. If not, she may have filed for such. I don't know how long she had been separated from her children's father. Child support is a powerful impetus. If one is ordered to pay child support, it is an expensive obligation. But, if full custody is awarded, based upon the disappearance of the primary custodial parent, the expensive obligation goes away.
But then he'd potentially be the sole person paying to raise the children, right? Talk about expensive...!

In the video on post#32, the paternal Grandfather stated Heather and his son were never married, but together for 15 years. They separated two years ago.

In the video on post#32, the paternal Grandfather stated Heather and his son were never married, but together for 15 years. They separated two years ago.
Yes, Knox, you are right. That's right . . . about the interview with the paternal Grandfather. They did separate ("a couple of years ago", or two years ago -- I don't recall the exact words the paternal Grandfather used). Sometimes it takes a while to go through the court system to establish who pays child support, and how much. I think that child support (a/k/a "money") was very much a part of her "disappearance". My opinion only. I could be wrong. It could have been a mere robbery/carjacking. But, too much of a coincidence -- and I don't believe in coincidences (in this case).

Yep. Eight of them. But, if he was in control of the finances, not having to pay a set amount each month for their support, I'm sure the cost would be less.
Perhaps the fact they were never married is a clue? I can find no record of a child support case in Kalamazoo County. If Heather were getting State or County benefits, maybe that more than supported the family. I've seen others say she also worked, have no idea if that's true. But who's to say Dad wasn't helping without being ordered by a court?

Perhaps the fact they were never married is a clue? I can find no record of a child support case in Kalamazoo County. If Heather were getting State or County benefits, maybe that more than supported the family. I've seen others say she also worked, have no idea if that's true. But who's to say Dad wasn't helping without being ordered by a court?

Knox, according to the interview with Heather Kelley's mother, she did work. Her mother stated that "she went to work" . . . as proof that she was a good mother, and did what she had to do. That's all I have to go on, though. So don't know for certain.

Also, as a second thought, when someone applies for assistance they are required to divulge who the other parent(s) is/are. The State will then pursue that/those individual(s) for financial support of the children. However, if the father has no income, you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. But, the amount owed is documented, with interest mounting -- so that when, and if, the father does have income, he won't escape what he owes ("Death and Taxes . . .).

In the interview with the paternal grandfather, it was stated that he was "estranged" from his son (the father of his eight grandchildren). It was also stated that the grandfather believed that the eight children were now living with estranged son. If that is the case, how could he be awarded custody of the children if he had no income?

Last edited:
Knox, according to the interview with Heather Kelley's mother, she did work. Her mother stated that "she went to work" . . . as proof that she was a good mother, and did what she had to do. That's all I have to go on, though. So don't know for certain.

Also, as a second thought, when someone applies for assistance they are required to divulge who the other parent(s) is/are. The State will then pursue that/those individual(s) for financial support of the children. However, if the father has no income, you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. But, the amount owed is documented, with interest mounting -- so that when, and if, the father does have income, he won't escape what he owes ("Death and Taxes . . .).

In the interview with the paternal grandfather, it was stated that he was "estranged" from his son (the father of his eight grandchildren). It was also stated that the grandfather believed that the eight children were now living with estranged son. If that is the case, how could he be awarded custody of the children if he had no income?
Well, if Grandpa is right and he has custody of the kids right now. I would say he is likely not a suspect in her disappearance.

I'm not sure if Heather was targeted or this was a crime of opportunity. They have video of her at the gas station fueling her truck. What they didn't say was if someone was in the vehicle with her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back