Found Deceased Mi - Holly Kay Towery, 32, Royal Oak, 12 June 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I read that he discovered it was missing when the detectives asked if there were any weapons in the house. Unclear if it was in a safe or not.

I just watched the news interview with the boyfriend. It doesn't seem like police asked if there were weapons in the house. The police asked if anything was missing. They likely wanted to know if she took personal belongings and could be voluntarily missing. Interesting that he checked to see if the gun was missing. I wonder if he checked other personal belongings as well.

I'd be interested to know how often she took the gun with her on a grocery run. Was this a common occurrence or unusual?

At the very end of the video, the reporter says LE does not believe Holly is suicidal. If the reporting is accurate, I wonder how they came to that conclusion so quickly, especially when there is a gun missing and with the boyfriend stating in an FB post she was depressed over custody issues (we do not know if the BF has shared that information with LE directly, but he probably has, IMO).

I have a strong gut feeling that this is a case where LE truly knows much more than they are saying (the only thing they have confirmed so far is that Holly is missing, IIRC).

Regardless of what may have happened l hope that Holly is found very soon. Watching the video her mother posted on FB was gut wrenching.

Why would Holly take a gun with her to the grocery store? Was she afraid of someone? At the same time why would the bf openly divulge that he had a gun in his nightstand if he harmed her? And if he harmed her why would he throw out her phone so that it was easily found?

I wonder if Holly normally kept her car locked when parked in front of their home.

Using Google Maps and public information search, I put pins at the home, Hollywood Markets and 12th and Stephenson (location where phone last pinged). The phone's last ping is not the direction of the market, however there is a gym there at 12 mile Rd and Stephenson.
According to the mother of his son, the gym he goes to is on Big Beaver(also known as 16 mile). At that time of day traffic is heavy in that area and the time frame fits from his text leaving the gym to getting home, if he was at a gym on Big Beaver. It’s such a short time frame from when she left to when he got home. That area is full of homes and businesses, it was still daylight and at a time where everyone is out.

Something caught my attention, and it most likely doesn’t mean anything, but:

•Tuesday, June 12:
At 6:12 pm, Holly is captured on the home security camera. As of now, this is the last confirmed sighting of her.

At 6:17 pm, she texts her BF “Going to Hollywood [Markets, a grocery store located in Royal Oaks] I love you.” This is according to the ss of their text conversation the BF posted on his FB page.

At 6:23 pm, As per an FB post by the BF, Holly’s phone is shut off according to LE [That’s the language the BF uses. I’m not sure if LE has been able to determine if it was manually turned off, ran out of battery or became inoperable for some other reason].

At 6:26 pm, the BF texts Holly “Ok. Just leaving gym,” followed by “Love you too,” as per the ss. According to the BF, the last two messages were never received by Holly since her phone was already off at that point.

•Wed., June 13:
At 7:31 am [approximately 25.5 hours after last sighting of Holly], the BF posts on his FB about Holly going missing for the first time. Attached to the post are a 10-second security video footage of Holly leaving the house and a still image from the same video.

At 7:45 am, the BF edits the post, adding a photo of him and Holly together.

At 11:47 am, he edits the post again, explaing “I added the last texts and times since people seem to be making assumptions.”

At 1:28 pm, he further edits the post, attaching a security video still of him returning home [time stamped 6:44 pm] and another ss, showing a photo of one of the children on their porch [sent to Holly’s phone at 7:10 pm], another photo of two girls and himself [sent at 7:12 pm], as well as messages “You ok” [sent at 7:22 pm] and “Wow ... phone is off for an hour?” [sent at 7:33 pm].

7:32 pm: A 1:32-minute long security camera video footage showing Holly leaving home is added.

Also at 7:32 pm: 1 media is removed.

8:15 pm: 1 media is added.

“11 hours ago”: 1 media is added.

Also “11 hours ago”: 1 media is removed.

In all, the post has been edited 19 times so far.

I find it interesting that within 4 hours of posting the original post, the BF was apparently feeling compelled to basically prove that he was being truthful about the timeline “since people seem to be making assumptions.”

Again, it’s probably nothing significant, but I do find it rather unusual.

Last edited:
This one is startlingly close to me, geographically speaking.

I'm torn on theories here; while Pontiac isn't an encouraging area for her phone to have been found if something bad actually happened to her, it is a sensible place to have a phone turn up if someone wanted ppl to *think* that something bad had happened.

Will detour that way on my way home today....

Something caught my attention, and it most likely doesn’t mean anything, but:

•Tuesday, June 12:
At 6:12 pm, Holly is captured on the home security camera. As of now, this is the last confirmed sighting of her.

At 6:17 pm, she texts her BF “Going to Hollywood [Markets, a grocery store located in Royal Oaks] I love you.” This is according to the ss of their text conversation the BF posted on his FB page.

At 6:23 pm, As per an FB post by the BF, Holly’s phone is shut off according to LE [That’s the language the BF uses. I’m not sure if LE has been able to determine if it was manually turned off, ran out of battery or became inoperable for some other reason].

At 6:26 pm, the BF texts Holly “Ok. Just leaving gym,” followed by “Love you too,” as per the ss. According to the BF, the last two messages were never received by Holly since her phone was already off at that point.

•Wed., June 13:
At 7:31 am [approximately 25.5 hours after last sighting of Holly], the BF posts on his FB about Holly going missing for the first time. Attached to the post are a 10-second security video footage of Holly leaving the house and a still image from the same video.

At 7:45 am, the BF edits the post, adding a photo of him and Holly together.

At 11:47 am, he edits the post again, explaing “I added the last texts and times since people seem to be making assumptions.”

At 1:28 pm, he further edits the post, attaching a security video still of him returning home [time stamped 6:44 pm] and another ss, showing a photo of one of the children on their porch [sent to Holly’s phone at 7:10 pm], another photo of two girls and himself [sent at 7:12 pm], as well as messages “You ok” [sent at 7:22 pm] and “Wow ... phone is off for an hour?” [sent at 7:33 pm].

7:32 pm: A 1:32-minute long security camera video footage showing Holly leaving home is added.

Also at 7:32 pm: 1 media is removed.

8:15 pm: 1 media is added.

“11 hours ago”: 1 media is added.

Also “11 hours ago”: 1 media is removed.

In all, the post has been edited 19 times so far.

I find it interesting that within 4 hours of posting the original post, the BF was apparently feeling compelled to basically prove that he was being truthful about the timeline “since people seem to be making assumptions.”

Again, it’s probably nothing significant, but I do find it rather unusual.

I absolutely agree, IMHO, that it is odd behavior. Especially when he could be out driving around looking for Holly, searching on foot, anything. Maybe someone else should be handling the SM side? So yes, odd, although, I don't think I can say I think he is responsible given the time frame. He would have had little to no time at all to harm her and get rid of the body. And where is that damn Durango?

I feel awful for bringing up the fact that the BF need not have been the one to be hands-on in order to be involved in her disappearance. His behavior is too weird for me. I suppose that he could simply be a very self-involved person, but I don't know.

From b/f’s FB

UPDATE 9am Thurs: Hollys phone showed that she received an imessage around 8:20pm Tuesday. BUT all other messages didnt appear until around 3pm Weds when the person that found her phone turned it on. Detective thinks this means she was in airplane mode and connected to a Wifi point. This is the only way it could have been received without the other msgs. No maps searches or addresses were in the recent history...which is odd considering she used maps all the time when in new areas. So she was in the Oakland county area for about 2 hrs before the phone was tossed out. PLEASE BABE COME HOME. I LOVE YOU...WE all want you home safe.

From b/f’s FB

UPDATE 9am Thurs: Hollys phone showed that she received an imessage around 8:20pm Tuesday. BUT all other messages didnt appear until around 3pm Weds when the person that found her phone turned it on. Detective thinks this means she was in airplane mode and connected to a Wifi point. This is the only way it could have been received without the other msgs. No maps searches or addresses were in the recent history...which is odd considering she used maps all the time when in new areas. So she was in the Oakland county area for about 2 hrs before the phone was tossed out. PLEASE BABE COME HOME. I LOVE YOU...WE all want you home safe.

Is that far from her home?

I feel awful for bringing up the fact that the BF need not have been the one to be hands-on in order to be involved in her disappearance. His behavior is too weird for me. I suppose that he could simply be a very self-involved person, but I don't know.

RBBM

I agree completely, and I, too, feel awful for even thinking that way.

I am not at all set on the BF being involved, but so far, it just feels like something is off here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back