Found Deceased Mi - Holly Kay Towery, 32, Royal Oak, 12 June 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From b/f’s FB

UPDATE 9am Thurs: Hollys phone showed that she received an imessage around 8:20pm Tuesday. BUT all other messages didnt appear until around 3pm Weds when the person that found her phone turned it on.

From b/f’s FB...

UPDATE 1200 Thurs: detective says the imessage at 820 wed was an anomaly. Last connection to internet was our house right before she left. Thought is she went driving north randomly and ended up in Pontiac area. Searching every secluded subdivision and industrial complex.

RBASBM for focus.

The ss of the text conversation between Holly and the BF from Tuesday evening shows he texted to her “Wow ... phone is off for an hour?” at 7:33 pm; like all messages sent to her phone after 6:23 pm, this message wasn’t received by Holly since her phone had been turned off by then.

I am assuming that some of the “all other messages [that] didn’t appear until around 3pm Weds when the person that found her phone turned it on” are those the BF sent to Holly’s phone between 6:23 pm and 7:33 pm on Tues.

I would like to know how many more texts the BF sent to Holly’s phone after the one sent at 7:33 pm. Or voicemail messages? If I had a loved one go missing, I would be texting or calling his/her phone every few minutes, even after it was determined that it had already been shut off. I would also make sure that LE is pinging his/her phone every so often just in case it was turned back on at some point.

Something caught my attention, and it most likely doesn’t mean anything, but:

•Tuesday, June 12:
At 6:12 pm, Holly is captured on the home security camera. As of now, this is the last confirmed sighting of her.

At 6:17 pm, she texts her BF “Going to Hollywood [Markets, a grocery store located in Royal Oaks] I love you.” This is according to the ss of their text conversation the BF posted on his FB page.

At 6:23 pm, As per an FB post by the BF, Holly’s phone is shut off according to LE [That’s the language the BF uses. I’m not sure if LE has been able to determine if it was manually turned off, ran out of battery or became inoperable for some other reason].

At 6:26 pm, the BF texts Holly “Ok. Just leaving gym,” followed by “Love you too,” as per the ss. According to the BF, the last two messages were never received by Holly since her phone was already off at that point.

•Wed., June 13:
At 7:31 am [approximately 25.5 hours after last sighting of Holly], the BF posts on his FB about Holly going missing for the first time. Attached to the post are a 10-second security video footage of Holly leaving the house and a still image from the same video.

At 7:45 am, the BF edits the post, adding a photo of him and Holly together.

At 11:47 am, he edits the post again, explaing “I added the last texts and times since people seem to be making assumptions.”

At 1:28 pm, he further edits the post, attaching a security video still of him returning home [time stamped 6:44 pm] and another ss, showing a photo of one of the children on their porch [sent to Holly’s phone at 7:10 pm], another photo of two girls and himself [sent at 7:12 pm], as well as messages “You ok” [sent at 7:22 pm] and “Wow ... phone is off for an hour?” [sent at 7:33 pm].

7:32 pm: A 1:32-minute long security camera video footage showing Holly leaving home is added.

Also at 7:32 pm: 1 media is removed.

8:15 pm: 1 media is added.

“11 hours ago”: 1 media is added.

Also “11 hours ago”: 1 media is removed.

In all, the post has been edited 19 times so far.

I find it interesting that within 4 hours of posting the original post, the BF was apparently feeling compelled to basically prove that he was being truthful about the timeline “since people seem to be making assumptions.”

Again, it’s probably nothing significant, but I do find it rather unusual.[/QUOTE
BBM

My reply I separated since I messed up the quoted post!

This may be a stupid question, but in regards to what I bolded above.....he states it's LE who told him it was off, but he sent texts about her phone being off? Is there a way he knew then, but is just reiterating with LE for credibility sake? I rarely comment, but that's just bugging me.

Last edited:
So apparently I can't reply well, because the quoted reply and mine are in the same box! I hate using my tablet for stuff like this! I was questioning the sent texts about her phone being off. Plus he sends pictures of him and the children, with a response, "wow...phone is off for an hour? I don't know what to make of that?

What bothers me most is the phone. Holly left at 6:12 pm. At 6:23 pm it is off. I don't see that it ran out of battery....rarely does one go out with no juice left on the phone....a couple of texts, and it's off. Then it's found in someone's yard in Pontiac.
Who turned it off, and who threw it out? What happened in those 11 minutes?

Going grocery shopping, do people in MI generally take their own grocery bag to avoid paying for a bag? She wasn't carrying one afaik.
Maybe she went elsewhere? A quick stop, and something happened?

RBBM - That’s the $64,000.00 question. I keep coming back to that.

RBASBM for focus.

The ss of the text conversation between Holly and the BF from Tuesday evening shows he texted to her “Wow ... phone is off for an hour?” at 7:33 pm; like all messages sent to her phone after 6:23 pm, this message wasn’t received by Holly since her phone had been turned off by then.

I am assuming that some of the “all other messages [that] didn’t appear until around 3pm Weds when the person that found her phone turned it on” are those the BF sent to Holly’s phone between 6:23 pm and 7:33 pm on Tues.

I would like to know how many more texts the BF sent to Holly’s phone after the one sent at 7:33 pm. Or voicemail messages? If I had a loved one go missing, I would be texting or calling his/her phone every few minutes, even after it was determined that it had already been shut off. I would also make sure that LE is pinging his/her phone every so often just in case it was turned back on at some point.

And why is he calling her if he knows she went to the market and it's only been an hour? Is it a big deal that someone turns off their phone while shopping? That text is even suspicious to me.

Going grocery shopping, do people in MI generally take their own grocery bag to avoid paying for a bag? She wasn't carrying one afaik.

I don't know about MI, but here in Georgia we don't have to pay for our shopping bags. If people bring their own grocery bags here, it's generally out of environmental concern. So a person going shopping without their own bag doesn't stand out here and perhaps not in MI, either.

So apparently I can't reply well, because the quoted reply and mine are in the same box! I hate using my tablet for stuff like this! I was questioning the sent texts about her phone being off. Plus he sends pictures of him and the children, with a response, "wow...phone is off for an hour? I don't know what to make of that?
Its almost as if hes tryin to create an alibi. Sending pics like oh im on the porch. Heres video to prove im home. Something isnt right. I also noticed in his screen shots his phone is on silent. I know if someone I love is missing and they could possibly call at any second my phone would not be on silent!!

Its almost as if hes tryin to create an alibi. Sending pics like oh im on the porch. Heres video to prove im home. Something isnt right. I also noticed in his screen shots his phone is on silent. I know if someone I love is missing and they could possibly call at any second my phone would not be on silent!!

The one text, (maybe it's just me lol) but it sounds kinda snarky. I agree about the, "something isn't right."

I went back to the beginning and started ALL OVER again. There are so many different angles to look at this. For those of you who watched the B/F video of the last time she was seen going to her car, please make sure you have the volume on. Holly says to her Daughter " she would be right back and Allen will be home soon" then you can hear her daughter cry "mommy". I can't see Holly hearing/doing that and then go commit suicide. I won't pretend to have experience with depression etc as I don't however as a mother, I wouldn't want my child's last memory to be that. IMO.

As for the gun, like many of you have mentioned, we don't know when the last time anyone actually saw that gun, it could have been missing for awhile. Again IMO.
As for the B/F, well, I"m all over the place. I agree he is putting himself out there but if he kept quiet I would be questioning that also. Damned if you do, Damned if you don't. This again is IMO

That is exactly something my husband would send me. Including the pictures and asking if I'm ok.
He can see when she reads the text and not seeing her read them I think set bells off for him.

And why is he calling her if he knows she went to the market and it's only been an hour? Is it a big deal that someone turns off their phone while shopping? That text is even suspicious to me.

I agree. I wonder if he typically sends pictures of the children and complains about phone being turned off when she's only been gone for an hour. I'm still confused about him stating that LE said it was turned off, and him knowing at that time? I think I'm missing something there. Maybe he was just saying they don't know why it was, but he knew it was and thought SHE turned it off? Hopefully someone hasn't answered this already while I've been trying to type this out. Hate typing on the tablet.

ETA: Someone answered me while I was typing! lol Thanks Davia 18

I can see my husband sending me a "hey, are you okay? I expected you back by now." But not likely after only an hour and I don't see him sending pictures of the kids. To me, that says he thinks that she took off willfully and is reminding her of what she left behind in the hopes that she will come back.

I don't know why this bothers me but i'm throwing it out there. When she got into her car, she put the passenger side window down along with the back passenger side, then put the backseat one back up however after she turned the car around she didn't have the drivers window down, just the passengers side. Some have said she is a smoker but wouldn't you have your side down for ashes etc? Again, not sure why that bothers me so much.

Using Google Maps and public information search, I put pins at the home, Hollywood Markets and 12th and Stephenson (location where phone last pinged). The phone's last ping is not the direction of the market, however there is a gym there at 12 mile Rd and Stephenson.

RBBM - This fits with what I’ve been thinking. The Hollywood was not her first destination upon leaving the house.

I can see my husband sending me a "hey, are you okay? I expected you back by now." But not likely after only an hour and I don't see him sending pictures of the kids. To me, that says he thinks that she took off willfully and is reminding her of what she left behind in the hopes that she will come back.
My husband and I send pics like this daily. I will get a picture while my husband his home for lunch with him and my son. I get off work and I will send my husband a pic of me and my son just saying hi. People might think we are weird but we always send pics daily. Also if I was going to the store and should only take 20 minutes, within 30 my husband would text me and visa versa. That's just us though.

Yeah after an hour, but he must've called her phone right away otherwise how would he know it had been off for an hour?

Oh man....thus far I've had no suspicion that the bf is involved in Holly's disappearance. But you all are making me ponder some things.
Still though, I'm leaning to something having happened to Holly, wrong place wrong time sort of thing (don't ask me what though), that has nothing to do with the bf. What does he have to gain, what is his motive, where was the opportunity to harm her?
As far as self harm.....I don't believe that...for now.
I'm also pondering this custody thing.....

I had that thought too or there's been issues in the relationship with trust? I don't know. He's still a victim here, and it's a few texts, but those last one's caught my attention. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back