GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
--good grief.

--mom does a drive-by to check out the raid on rachel's place.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...girlfriend?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Grosse Pointe murder: Police at old home of woman believed to be Bashara's girlfriend

It is unclear if the officers, about eight arriving in about five vehicles, were raiding the home or just there to collect evidence. About five police officers came out of the home carrying clipboards, an evidence box and a paper bag. Seven cardboard boxes also were loaded into police vehicles.

During the investigation Tuesday, Robert Bashara's mother, Nancy, was spotted driving by the home before investigators left shortly after 12:15 p.m.
My apology on my earlier post!! I see that now. I read it wrong.
How the heck did she know they were there or was she going by for a different reason? Maybe with a key to go in and take some things for bb?

887 St Clair St Grosse Pointe

rachelsflatGPP.jpg

rachelsaptinGPP.jpg

THANK YOU!

Well that house is NOT owned by Rachel and does not have BB's name nor business name on it.

So I am not sure now...

ETA - It is owned by a person who appears to be a LAWYER. Interetsing....

I remember him from the Seven Grant case well!!! :eek: He sure is <unusual> Can you imagine watching him during a trial?

slightly O/T but I actually just read (a few months ago) a book about the grant case...

I wasn't a member of WS during the Grant case but belonged to a small private crime website where there was animated discussion about the murder/dismemberment of Tara Grant. Since the Grant home wasn't too far from me, I offered to put flowers at the site from those of us who followed the case. DH and I drove there on a weekend with a stop on the way at Vince & Joe's Gourmet Market for flowers. The clerk at the floral counter told us that everyone at V & J knew Steven and the rest of the Grant family because they came into the store frequently. How sad!

The house was in a lovely neighborhood and was still wrapped with crime scene tape. I placed the flowers near the mailbox at the foot of the driveway among other candles, cards, and flowers that were already there and said a prayer for the family. I was glad that Tara's sister was awarded custody of the children, and I hope that they have been able to move on in their young lives without their dear mother.

Did I read somewhere that after bb denied that he hardly knew JG very well, that JG's utility bill was on in bb's name? I think I read that it was in the amount of like $600 of a deposit to activate the account. Don't know if that is a fact or rumor?

Is there someone here who can embed maps on WS? I've never had success with this but would like to see a map that pinpoints:

* Bob Bashara's house
* RG's rental property
* Location where Jane's body was found
* Bob's mother's home, if known
* JG's home, if known

I think it would help for us to have a visual of the distances between the above. :tyou: to anyone who will work on this.

Did I read somewhere that after bb denied that he hardly knew JG very well, that JG's utility bill was on in bb's name? I think I read that it was in the amount of like $600 of a deposit to activate the account. Don't know if that is a fact or rumor?

--big bobb was trying to "explain away" the check that joe gentz cashed @ art's party store , the night after the murder.

--and also why LE might find his name on joe's utility acct. at the same time.

--it was all just big bobb being the good hearted pillar of the community that he is.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120204/NEWS05/120204028/bob-bashera-grosse-pointe
--Feb.4/2012.

But in the interview Saturday, Bashara said that he had very little real contact with Gentz, a man he said he tried to help out only to be repaid with rising anger.

He said he was never Gentz’s landlord, but as a favor to a friend, he let his name be used for the power hookup in a new apartment. Bashara said he had Gentz try to work off the $600 power bill with odd jobs, but that soured with Gentz claiming he was shortchanged.

Bashara said he wrote Gentz a $452 check — a figure he said he pulled from the air — to square the account, but that just prompted greater dissatisfaction and hostility.

Is there someone here who can embed maps on WS? I've never had success with this but would like to see a map that pinpoints:

* Bob Bashara's house
* RG's rental property
* Location where Jane's body was found
* Bob's mother's home, if known
* JG's home, if known

I think it would help for us to have a visual of the distances between the above. :tyou: to anyone who will work on this.

--i'm equally bad w/ mapping, however i can list the addresses if someone wants to give it a go.

1). bob/jane's house
552 middlesex road grosse pointe MI

2). rachel's rental
887 st.clair street grosse pointe MI

3).body found
alley @ 7 mile and Hoover, detroit MI

4).bob's mom--unknown

5). joe gentz rental
1224 wayburn street grosse pointe MI

6). bob's building --housed the hard luck lounge

( where bob claimed he was "working--cleaning the lot" from 5p.m. on the night of the murder.)
15412 mack avenue grosse pointe MI

WDIV 4:00 news: Evidence collected at Rachael Gillett's former residence considered to be significant in the Bashara murder case. More at 5:00 and 6:00.

Anybody heard where bb is hiding? Visions of bb ensconsed at home glued to his police radio and dispatching Mommy to surveil LE as they get closer and closer to arresting him. He needs to be arrested, uh, yesterday. Is bb a suicide risk or is he too narcissistic? If he's managing to slither out of his hole, maybe Mommy is chauffeuring him around OJ Simpson style with LE following their every move. Hopefully they're being tailed 24/7 -- fearing bb will run and hide if LE gets too close but then, oh yeah, he's got no $$ to run though he's still got Mommy to rescue him and Griem for better or worse.
BB, Mommy and Griem...oh brother.

LaurieJ, thank you so much for doing that map!!!!

Interesting development, I see.:sleuth:

Wonder where Miss Affair is?

Thought this was just 'a friend?':what: .....Seven boxes of evidence? :eek:

What's with Bob's mom driving by while LE was there? :confused:

All of Big Bob's acquaintances better:hills:

'til somethin' good happens, :waiting:

I'm patient! :rolleyes:
fran

Anybody heard where bb is hiding? Visions of bb ensconsed at home glued to his police radio and dispatching Mommy to surveil LE as they get closer and closer to arresting him. He needs to be arrested, uh, yesterday. Is bb a suicide risk or is he too narcissistic? If he's managing to slither out of his hole, maybe Mommy is chauffeuring him around OJ Simpson style with LE following their every move. Hopefully they're being tailed 24/7 -- fearing bb will run and hide if LE gets too close but then, oh yeah, he's got no $$ to run though he's still got Mommy to rescue him and Griem for better or worse.

From what I've seen on the news, he has been home and running a few errands. They do have a watch on him at home and following him when he does leave. Wonder if they follow his Mommy too?
I did see on the news that when they have a POI the Passport is taken from them. Hope that's the case because Canada is just a few minutes away if he had that idea in his head.
Does it seem like these Warrants are coming so darn slow in the timeline of her death? Better late than never, I guess. Just hope it's enough to enforce the charges against bb!!!

I sincerely hope that BB's passport was confiscated by LE when he was first named a person of interest in his wife's death. Of course, Big Bob likely has a lot of wealthy friends with access to private jets who will spirit him away to their island retreats in the Caribbean. Mommie Dearest will probably go along, too: The woman has Bobby-boy tethered to short apron strings - or maybe a "butch" collar and heavy-duty leash :D

LaurieJ, thank you so much for doing that map!!!!

--you're welcome.

--i could never see how to "save it" before----thought i'd give it a shot ( duh...very easy, even for me! )

--he's been hanging around the house --there are 3 news vans out front ( to keep him company! )

--the woman in this red SUV has been driving him , and his mom, around.

--( possibly cousin stephanie? )

--shown in the video here @ approx. 2:00

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...out-after-charges-in-bashara-case-20120305-ms

WDIV 5:00 report on case: "Evidence" collected today in hopes of solidifying the relationship between Bob and Rachael - that they were having an affair and planning to live together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28